Rangers line up Lewis Ferguson in January if Glen Kamara is sold(The Sun)

If Kamara does go in January to an EPL club, it'd surely be for close to the £10m mark? Maybe slightly less, but that would allow us to get Ferguson in and a real quality attack-minded midfielder too, which could improve our team overall.

I think Ferguson is decent and no more, but also trust the scouting of the club right now a lot more than I have in 10 years or so.

You’re kidding surely?

The threads linking him to us were interspersed with a few posters saying he had good ability and far more saying he wasn’t good enough. I even managed to wheel out my usual post about the time when FF said that the two midfielders from Hamilton, McArthur and McCarthy who went South weren’t good enough for us, before realising they both clearly were.
Fair enough mate. There were various threads well before he signed about his ability and his clips.

What a massive step down in quality that would be. Kamara is a hell of a player and is only going to keep getting better. I sincerely hope we're not at the stage of even thinking about cashing in on him - unless it's for absolutely daft money.

Dont remember anyone explicitly saying he wasnt good enough? He hit the ground running when he arrived.

You obviously were not paying attention then. ONE poster was very happy (mostly for touting him previously) but the overwhelming attitude was that he would not ‘take us up a level’.

People are obviously entitled to their opinion but seeing as I have seen Ferguson 3 or 4 times and only against us, I would tend to err on the side of trusting the people that have improved pretty much every first team player we have if they feel he can be worked with.

Can't see Kamara leaving in January

giphy.gif

They don't even play the same position or are remotely similar players.

I actually like Ferguson & think there is something there we can work with. Questions remain over whether he is technical enough though. However he is far better in an advanced midfield position, a position that Kamara does not play

Hmm...Kamara from what I have seen so far is comfortably a better midfielder than Ferguson

Who knows maybe Ferguson in 3/4 years could be a really good player but let’s face it if he played for us you would always hear people say “but he’s nowhere near as good as Barry Ferguson or maybe even his dad Derek for that matter”

Nah I’d give this one a miss personally.
It the future mate as we are going skint and have to start downsizing before we go burst.

Bit of a nasty wee dick Ferguson, but I’m not going to write him off. We’ve seen people write off Kamara, Jones, Stewart and Jack because they came from domestic clubs.

I trust Gerrard to improve any young midfielder willing to learn.

I’d be keeping Kamara until after the Euros though.
I’m the same, mate. I’d be looking for Kamara to have a good Euros then cashing in for a healthy sum.

More importantly if that was to happen ( sell Kamara and sign Ferguson)...........

I think my sister is hot ??

I’m the same, mate. I’d be looking for Kamara to have a good Euros then cashing in for a healthy sum.
We will be a Davis short sooner rather than later.
You don't want to be a Davis and a Kamara down and then throw a player like Ferguson in there as a replacement. Players like him are 10 a penny.

Ferguson is already a good spfl player and he's only 20. Would obviously depend on the price but i wouldn't mind it though i'd prefer we just give Docherty more chances if Kamara goes.

I don’t think we’d be too much weaker without Kamara. If we are getting 5-6m or more for him I can see him being sold purely for business reasons. We will replace his role in the squad, but not with Ferguson.

Can see why Kamara would appeal to a lot of teams tbh. Cultured, intelligent ball player who can keep a midfield ticking along nicely. Gaining a good rep at international level with Finland too.

Anything north of 5 mil and he goes imo. Would be a shame but not irreplaceable - Davis, Jack, Aribo and Arfield should see us through for now.

As for Ferguson? I have a feeling he would come good for us. But guaranteed the sheep would play funny buggers over any transfer and there likely is better quality out there for the money they would want. Let’s see how it plays out.

Depends on the offer. If someone comes in with an 8 figure bid, bite their hand off. He can be replaced, but not with Ferguson.
Big Borna shows the value that’s out there.

Bit of a story within a complete non story.

I think if an offer comes in for Kamara Of anything over £5/6 million than he's gone.

But there is absolutely no chance we are doing any dealings with that club over any sales of any player.

We’ve already got the likes of Aruba and docherty waiting to step into the first 11. I’m happy with kamara but it’s not the end of the world if he left.

If Ferguson came into the squad to continue his development then it’d be a good acquisition, but given his contract length and the fact he plays for the dons. I’d expect his to cost a few million.

Would we make that much selling kamara and buying Ferguson? Not sure, hopefully if kamara does go we’d get a fair few million.

who the fcuk is Aruba?

What a depressing downgrade that would be.... Ferguson wouldn't get near our bench never mind starting 11. Way over rated and for what Aberdeen would want for him its no chance of happening. Hes not worth a penny over £1.5 million IMO.

Did Ajax fans bemoan the depressing downgrade when De Jong and De Ligt was sold in the summer?

No, they know it'll be invested in top drawer young players, who in time will also leave for a significant fee.

The day will come when we sell Alfie, and people will whinge unless we spend the full whack on a similar player.

This isn't the reality of how we operate. We need to invest it in potential who may or may not make it. Yes, it's a downgrade, but the hope is that our scouting has evolved to be able to spot some gems and we can then continue the cycle.

Bit of a story within a complete non story.

I think if an offer comes in for Kamara Of anything over £5/6 million than he's gone.

But there is absolutely no chance we are doing any dealings with that club over any sales of any player.

I'd be delighted to sell Kamara for £6m if it means we keep Alfie to the end of the season. I like Kamara. But he's not Alfie.

The Scottish Sun shoite. I believe Gerrard has said, that none of the key players will be sold, unless some remarkable offer comes in. In Kamaras case I think it would mean 10-15M, which I find hard to believe that we'll see next january. Even if so, Ferguson certainly won't be a replacement.

Theres a couple of quotes in the story taken from elsewhere out of context, and the rest is quessing.

We have a better player out on loan at Fleetwood than Ferguson. And all these wee snide kicks he gets away with at dolly, hed see red for them in a rangers shirt.
It’s a no from me

In all honesty I would not be against us taking Ferguson if we could get him at a reasonable price. He’s completely different to any kind of midfielder as currently have. However they’d want at least £5m so can file it under bullshit.

If Glen Kamara is sold, ever, we can immediately afford better than Ferguson.

Story smacks of trying to unsettle our player and probably taking aim at the “debt” by suggesting we need to flog players then downgrade based on affordability.

%^*& off

Hopefully Kamara stays but if the interest is from the EPL he won't be going for less than 10m.

I'm also fairly sure the replacement wouldn't be the far inferior and totally different style in Lewis Ferguson.

Kamara is singled out for some praise by Gerrard, which to the papers means he’s getting punted! The media know absolutely nothing of the ongoings at Rangers.

Kamara will not be sold in January. Gerrard will not let him go. Tied down to 2023 such an important player for us chasing the title. All of a sudden we are a major force at the top of Scottish football and our players are all getting sold in January? Media really are trying there best here to de retail a cup and title win.

This is probably all guess work however the gaffer has hinted at him being watched!

Folk saying he won’t be sold etc probably need to understand the business model the club needs find.

Buy for £50k, sell for £5m (GK)
Buy for £1m, sell for £25m (AM)

It’s just the market we need to work in. By the way, it’s just examples of fees above before I get slaughtered for saying they are worth more

Until a few months ago I wouldn’t have been too bothered if he left as he was pretty average but he seems to have a great level of performance now

plenty on this fourm knew of Kamara's ability. i don't remember many groans about getting him on a free.

Was just thinking that . Where are all these people who said don’t sign kamara ? As I recall it was unanimous he looked great against us and was a cracking signing for the outlay .

Seems to me some posters making a straw man for ferguson due to who he’s related to , rather than his ability . He’s not fit to lace Kamaras boots and never will be .

Mark this ferguson guff down as codswallop .

Kamara has his price same as all players .

Back