Rangers line up Lewis Ferguson in January if Glen Kamara is sold(The Sun)

We lack agression and youth in the midfield. That's what Ferguson would bring.
The difference is we got Jack for nothing. They'd want maybe £4m for Ferguson? Unless we are only caring about signing a Scottish player (since we don't have many) then there is better value on the continent although potentially higher risk if scouting isn't done correctly.

The difference is we got Jack for nothing. They'd want maybe £4m for Ferguson? Unless we are only caring about signing a Scottish player (since we don't have many) then there is better value on the continent although potentially higher risk if scouting isn't done correctly.

Yeah fair point about the price. But it is worth having more Scottish players I think. A whole squad of foreigners who - and I'm not criticising them here, it's understandable - see us a stepping stone to England, doesn't allow for as much continuity if they do well and get the move. Scottish players mixed with foreigners gives you a bit more of that.

Kamara may well go if the money is good enough, who knows?
But we should not look at Ferguson as any kind of replacement, he is never good enough.
There are a couple at Motherwell in Turnbull & Campbell that I would take.

If you bring up a Ryan Jack thread from three years ago it'd be similar to this, and look how he turned out.

Lewis Ferguson is a very good player and still very young so has a lot of improving to do yet. He'd excel at Ibrox.

Kamara gives us much more than Ferguson at this point.
I think Ferguson could develop into a cracking player, certainly under the coaching at Ibrox that has seen this squad come on enormously over the last 12 months.

Quite frankly, with his lineage I would be amazed if he doesn’t play for Rangers at some point in his career... subject to the “good enough” criteria.

Really hope on both parts this is shite. I don't want to lose Kamara and I don't want to sign Lewis Ferguson.

Yeah fair point about the price. But it is worth having more Scottish players I think. A whole squad of foreigners who - and I'm not criticising them here, it's understandable - see us a stepping stone to England, doesn't allow for as much continuity if they do well and get the move. Scottish players mixed with foreigners gives you a bit more of that.
Yeah I do agree to an extent not sure the price in this case would have been worth it. The price to get him from Hamilton? Absolutely worth it though.

We do have likes of Kelly who is 8 months younger and technically superior imo although he does lack that physicality that Ferguson has.

I don't either but as a support we need to embrace the buy low/sell high mentality.

I sense that if anyone is sold there will be uproar amongst the support. Obviously some players are more critical than others but we need to change our mentality or our business plan clearly won't work.
I dont think he would be cheap if we did get him hes on a long contract and it's the sheep I've no seen enough of him to make any decision either way but majority of our transfers have worked out well and a can think of a couple of Scottish players people says are no that good up here and are playing at the highest level now that Robertson won the c/l last yr and good chance he will have a epl medal end of the season aswel based on the success of players the managers brought in so far I'm more than happy to trust them lol everybody thought kamara was a diddy before we signed him

At times players can become a bit mythical on here.

Docherty is 23 - he isn't a kick in the arse of being ages with Ryan Christie, who I wouldn't consider a prospect/talent etc.

Docherty will most likely be punted pretty soon.

I don't rate Ryan Jack as highly as most on here do and couldn't really tell you how good Ferguson is or isn't. But the "No, Nay, Never, he's shite" responses from the majority of posters remind me a lot of the response when the Jack deal was first rumoured.

He's obviously not a like for like replacement for Kamara but we have a few players who are sort of similar to Kamara in Aribo and Davis, guys who are highly technical ball players yet not the most physical.

We lack agression and youth in the midfield. That's what Ferguson would bring. Kamara has done well for us but isn't a guaranteed starter. We need to start selling players for a profit and reinvesting and good money forna guy we signed for buttons is the way to do that.

You make a few decent points mate, but Ryan Jack is integral to us. Outside of Alfredo Jack is our most influential player.

Lots of opinions on but does anyone on here actually watch all of Aberdeen's games?

I have no idea how good or bad he is and if we did sign him I would imagine our scouts and manager know a fair but more. I am certainly not going to dismiss a player before he signs. Get to fuck with selling Kamara though, great player.

They fckers will want serious money for the boy so cant see it happening

Me feels Rangers are looking to cash in - why did Gerard even bring it up? He could have mentioned Tav, Goldson etc but chose Glen.

Balancing act, needs some cash in if he needs to strengthen elsewhere. Plenty of mid field players in Squad.

I don't rate Ryan Jack as highly as most on here do and couldn't really tell you how good Ferguson is or isn't. But the "No, Nay, Never, he's shite" responses from the majority of posters remind me a lot of the response when the Jack deal was first rumoured.

He's obviously not a like for like replacement for Kamara but we have a few players who are sort of similar to Kamara in Aribo and Davis, guys who are highly technical ball players yet not the most physical.

We lack agression and youth in the midfield. That's what Ferguson would bring. Kamara has done well for us but isn't a guaranteed starter. We need to start selling players for a profit and reinvesting and good money forna guy we signed for buttons is the way to do that.

The 2nd sentence in your first paragraph is spot on. Ironically, the same happened with Kamara as well.

I'm not convinced this story is true anyway, but let's say it is...Aberdeen will not sell us a player on the cheap. Ffs they wanted £8m for McKenna & Ferguson is on a long term deal.

I'd be raging if we sold Glen in January.

I'm all for the buy low sell high mentality as thats where Scottish clubs are in football today, but we should only sell after they have made a decent contribution to the trophy cabinet, otherwise whats the point.

We need to keep the whole squad intact this season if we are to have a chance to win the title. If we win the title, guys like Morelos and Kamara can go with the club and fans blessing and be remembered as some of the most important players in the clubs history.

If it was that or an extra few bob down south (which they well get eventually) I know what I'd choose.

One is a footballer that fits our system well

The other is a glorified thug

Maybe SG could make a player out of him but to compare him with Kamara who had a fantastic pedigree before ending up at Dundee is crazy

I would like to think if Kamara was going for the kind of money being talked about we would be reinvesting it on someone a bit better than ferguson

I wouldn't be that raging if we sold Kamara personally.

He is technically sound, offers us very decent attributes etc - but he is a flippable player, we could feasibly proceed this season without him

If a bid approached the 5 million plus range it would be worth considering.

Did he not get sent off for trying to injure one off out players last season,he nailed his colours that day fvk him would be raging if we made his a millionaire

I'd rather we kept Kamara until the summer at the very least. Rate the guy very highly. However we stand to make millions on a guy who cost us relative buttons. So I couldn't complain massively if he was sold for the right price.

Lewis Ferguson is 20 year's old. He may not be good enough for our first 11 right now but coaching does exist, so it's a bit of a moot point to be honest with you. We've all saw firsthand how our coaching staff can improve players, the likes of Jack and Morelos have improved immeasurably under them. Whose to say Lewis Ferguson wouldn't improve. He's a good player, arguably Aberdeen's most exciting player. I'd be content with signing him. I think a lot of people are judging him harshly based on performances against us last season and the fact his Da and Uncle are persona non grata amongst our fanbase at the moment. Take his name, the club he's at and his family out of the equation, most folk on here would be happy to be linked to a guy like him.

Seeing people argue that we should go after Turnbull instead, the mentally challengeds no doubt have first dibs and I'd be amazed if they didn't. So that's a non starter.

Yeah I do agree to an extent not sure the price in this case would have been worth it. The price to get him from Hamilton? Absolutely worth it though.

We do have likes of Kelly who is 8 months younger and technically superior imo although he does lack that physicality that Ferguson has.

When he left Hamilton he was a sign and loan him straight out sort of move. Whether he'd have been up for that is a different story. Aberdeen was a good move for him at the time and it's worked out well for both parties.

Lewis Ferguson is not up to the required standard.
We can't be signing diddy players from teams like Aberdeen or Dundee, how on earth will they take us to the next level.
We need to find players with the quality of Ryan Jack or Glenn Kamara to slot into our midfield.
I find this a peculiar comment. The entire premise of the thread is that we may get an offer for Kamara - a 'diddy player from a team like...Dundee'.

When he left Hamilton he was a sign and loan him straight out sort of move. Whether he'd have been up for that is a different story. Aberdeen was a good move for him at the time and it's worked out well for both parties.
Aberdeen only paid about £225k in compensation for him so yeah I agree that would have made sense. We did need a total re-jig of the first team and signed 16 players that summer so I can see why we weren't thinking about getting in project players at that time.

Bullshit story, for a start those saying Kamara isn’t good enough are talking out their arse and I doubt Gerrard is even interested in Lewis Ferguson, why would he? More trash from the Scum!

This is probably all guess work however the gaffer has hinted at him being watched!

Folk saying he won’t be sold etc probably need to understand the business model the club needs find.

Buy for £50k, sell for £5m (GK)
Buy for £1m, sell for £25m (AM)

It’s just the market we need to work in. By the way, it’s just examples of fees above before I get slaughtered for saying they are worth more

Unfortunately, this is actually true ^^^

None of us wants to see either player move on, but it is needed to settle the cash flow issues. It's just the reality of playing in Scotland.

That said, I genuinely think there would need to be a crazy (and I mean insane) bid for either of those players to be offloaded mid season. Our best chance of truly maximising their value is probably some silverware, possibly a league title, as well, and another good run in Europe under both their belts.

I’d agree. The snobbery in here when we are linked with any player from a Scottish side is embarrassing.
That said, we know Aberdeen will be ridiculous to deal with. If an English championship side cone in for him they would probably get him for about £1.5 million, for us it would be double that. Which then makes you wonder if you can get better value elsewhere.

It’s cringeworthy.

people need to take the blue tinted specs off, ferguson has all the attributes to be a good player for us, gerrard can take him to another level.

Back