Rangers look like conceding goals every time they they step onto the pitch

gersandproud

If our defence fall asleep like they did against hiv's - then I have to admit - the chances are we will regularly concede again

That said - considering we've just broken a century plus record of clean sheets - & we don't fall asleep like that too often - then it's hardly a valid or relevant comment Shug - is it ?

Jase

He’s just made a clown of himself when you consider our goals against record so far.

The thing is to learn from a disastrous outing on Sunday where there was a game to be won with a little bit better defending or some sharper finishing.

If Alfie’s earlier header had been buried I don’t think we’d have looked back or if Scot had banged that rebound into the high part of the goal the two goal cushion would have been enough.

monkey magic

We definitely looked like conceding anytime on Sunday at Easter Road. The defence had an off-day, and the ref allowed a shocker of an offside 2nd Hibs goal. In essence, though, Hugh is talking horse manure.

OohAhHuistra

He also said Gerrard hasn’t made one good signing apart from Kent while waxing lyrical about Porteous’ physicality

Absolute brain damage, as a post above says what the f is it with these ex players of ours?
For %^*& sake :)) Nearly as bad as that Si Ferry on open goal saying Porteous is a winner and he’d take him in any team

CoopBlue

Last season we conceded the same number as Celtic but scored 24 less.
Exactly mate.

Final third is our issue. That much has been clear for quite some time.

The number of good chances we fail to convert is where the focus should be. It has cost us, it is costing us and unless we have a dramatic turnaround it will continue to cost us. It has been a very frustrating and concerning trend.

Our composure in and around the box needs a significant improvement. We fluff and snatch at too many shots at goal. We often lack any kind of conviction.

I'm not unduly concerned about our defence - it is the the pattern of play in front of them and the end product which needs improvement.

JMCK

We definitely looked like conceding anytime on Sunday at Easter Road. The defence had an off-day, and the ref allowed a shocker of an offside 2nd Hibs goal. In essence, though, Hugh is talking horse manure.
I don't think we did. Our shape these days is very impressive, and for much of that game we had it by the neck. The second goal should never have happened; in many ways it was similar to a goal we lost at Tynecastle last season, but, hopefully, those are individual errors that can be rectified. Jack is injured, as far as I'm concerned should be signed to be as good as if not better than him, in CM, in order to maintain our strengths. We are strong out wide and through the middle; it's extremely difficult what on earth Burns is on about.

Herbie53

To say “every time they step onto the pitch” is sensationalist pish.

Our defenders can, and have been - Goldson and Barisic at the weekend, be prone to the odd lapse in judgement though which costs us goals and it needs tightened up.

It’s all very well and good keeping clean sheets against the poorer teams in the league, it’s the challenging games and the ones with weight where we are looking for them to step up.

SDF

As someone who has criticised the back four regularly over the past two years for their sloppy mistakes and individual errors, this season has been completely different from them. Every single one of them deserve praise for their efforts this season. Goldson in particular (Sunday apart) seems to have really stepped up a level.

Sunday was a shitshow but the idea it's every single game is absolute crap from Burns.

supersonic

Official Ticketer
Outstanding tactical nous at play here.
Let the opposition rip you apart and let the goalkeeper save us.
is that what I said I wanted you? Bit of a stupid response mate. Gerrard should have reacted better tactically but didnt.

Southside_shug

As someone who has criticised the back four regularly over the past two years for their sloppy mistakes and individual errors, this season has been completely different from them. Every single one of them deserve praise for their efforts this season. Goldson in particular (Sunday apart) seems to have really stepped up a level.

Sunday was a shitshow but the idea it's every single game is absolute crap from Burns.

To be fair he is as bright as two in the morning.

The defence has been excellent

babaji

Defence was great up to Sunday imo, so one game.
Unfortunately i had to stand and watch shuggie and the like pre souness.
Now that was bad around 85 .

St Johnstone could & should have scored 2, defence was all over the place, shankland should have buried the chance he had.

The fact that those chances were not scored was nothing to do with the defence

change consent