Rangers look like conceding goals every time they they step onto the pitch

Hi Hugh, did you get someone to type that for you?

You should have your own comedy with that witty reply

Goalkeepers are part of the defence by the way.

If you see the post above you'll see that wasn't the point i was making

Personally i prefer my defence not giving up easy chances to miss never mind score from.

If you want to be all happy clappy with that that's up to you, it's not for me

The point is that the defence gave up those chances rather easily.
They did , Now I am as disappointed as anybody regards Sunday but those were the first of the season so to put Burns comments in to context they are pure p**h.

Last edited:
Got to defend Hugh since we grew up together in a good Rangers village . Always makes me laugh when they say Hugh was a Larkhall man. Proper staunch no McStay's where we grew up.

f*ck me. We break the record for consecutive clean sheets now, after conceding in 1 game, our defence is a shambles. Just when you think the media can't get any worse!!!
This forum isn't much better. The usual suspects were out in force telling us how Goldson and Tav have always been an accident waiting to happen etc.

We’re doing well but the short goalkicks still give me the fear.

this seasons invincible treble will break all sorts of records though ;)

You see the routine to get us up the park quickly to relieve pressure and allow Tav some space to run into. Shagger goes right to Goldson, who takes the ball and plays it up the right wing to Alfie who has dropped deep to the halfway line (normally dragging the opposition left back with him, who he’s got the beating of) and then holds up the ball to play either Tav in as he runs up to join, or the central midfielder, who plays it in behind.

better that than launching it up into the middle for a 50:50 and losing possession.

You see the routine to get us up the park quickly to relieve pressure and allow Tav some space to run into. Shagger goes right to Goldson, who takes the ball and plays it up the right wing to Alfie who has dropped deep to the halfway line (normally dragging the opposition left back with him, who he’s got the beating of) and then holds up the ball to play either Tav in as he runs up to join, or the central midfielder, who plays it in behind.

better that than launching it up into the middle for a 50:50 and losing possession.

We've tweaked it to Goldson playing it up the line, we used to play it to Tav who would play it up the line. Great to see a progression on it.

We've tweaked it to Goldson playing it up the line, we used to play it to Tav who would play it up the line. Great to see a progression on it.
It’s almost Rugby like in the way we move to ensure that our most proficient players are the third or fourth phase of any attack, rather than being stuck in the first tackle or recycling possession.

I’d say launching it gives less than a 50/50. You may win the first header or tackle but inevitably you are outnumbered and lose the 2nd ball or players can’t get up to support quick enough when played down the sides.

Alfie, Borna, Tav and Kent or Kamara with Jack to lay back to are a massive part of this. Being able to do it on both sides of the pitch gives us great control to move the team up together. Best football since Advocaat and there is no other team in Scotland have been able to do this over the last 20 years at the intensity we do it and with the control. The Tav header v Galatasaray was brilliant example.

I attended a game at Tynecastle with a firm I worked for, and was in their hospitality when he he was voted MOTM (against Rangers).
When he came in to accept the award, I couldn't believe he was wearing a pair of trousers that looked like they'd had 40 boil washes in the machine.

His time with Tom Miller was cringingly terrible. He sounded like he was in the Loudon on his 6th pint!

Burns hates Souness because he got rid of him for being shite....

Burns hasn't stopped talking shite about us on the radio since we dumped him from RTV......

Rangers fan? I dunno, but certainly someone who likes to hold a grudge.

One reason having no crowds this season is helping us. I'm sure they'd give at least half the crowd the fear. So much easier for the players to play their natural game without 25 - 30k fans screeching at them!

I know Hugh a wee bit and he has personal beef with Rangers and one person in particular so i’d say his views are clouded by that

dont ask who because what he told me was private
He’s always been very bitter towards Souness and I don’t think he tries to hid it either.

If we see it, you can be sure other coaches will evolve a plan to combat it.

Back