e6abex.jpg

2lji3ja.jpg

34t66ht.jpg

68hoyg.jpg

2wf1uoi.jpg

pps94.jpg

33llg7a.jpg

Last edited:
Good read...Davy is a nice guy and see him often going in to the stadium for home games.

Asked him to sign a book for my grandson a few weeks ago and I could see kids wondering just who this elderly guy was.

One of those who have lived the dream.

Amazing how some threads bring back memories. Wee Davy referred to the Old Firm reserve game at Ibrox on the Hogmanay of 1963 in which he tried to make a comeback. I actually was at that game with some of my Rangers supporting pals from the Calton. It was an evening game and a cold one at that. It sticks out in my mind as it was the first time I had attended a game against their reserve team at Ibrox. Parkhead was local to us and usually we went there any time our reserves were playing them as it was just a walk up the London Road. For the record, my memory is telling me that it ended in a 0-0 draw. I still treasure the memory, however, of spending time of the last evening of 1963 at Ibrox.

Last edited:
Thanks for taking the time to post this Saltcoatsblu. A couple of really interesting photos too particularly another Davie Wilson goal against Celtic and the one where the old steps being replaced with concrete steps at the Celtic end. No chance of Davie slipping with the number of studs on his boots either.

One of The Rangers greats imo.

He's a great guy. Saw his dinner speaking and it was good stories.

If he tells that sebo one again :mad:

:))

Amazing how some threads bring back memories. Wee Davy referred to the Old Firm reserve game at Ibrox on the Hogmanay of 1963 in which he tried to make a comeback. I actually was at that game with some of my Rangers supporting pals from the Calton. It was an evening game and a cold one at that. It sticks out in my mind as it was the first time I had attended a game against their reserve team at Ibrox. Parkhead was local to us and usually we went there any time our reserves were playing them as it was just a walk up the London Road. For the record, my memory is telling me that it ended in a 0-0 draw. I still treasure the memory, however, of spending time of the last evening of 1963 at Ibrox.
I remember the game at Parkhead the following day when people mentioned Davy had played in the reserve game the night before but he looked well short of himself. Everyone was shocked that he was playing so soon after such a bad injury.

Have we ever had a winger who scored as many goals as Davie Wilson?

He was before my time but it doesn't take long, if you take an interest in the history of the club, before you get to know about Davie. A gem of a man as well.

Back