Rangers Lotto

Been doing lottery for a couple of years now. £2 a week via direct debit, signed up online and took only a couple of minutes as I said. Think I might increase that now though.
Old time Rangers Pools agent here!! It was 6 million quid per annum that The Pools put into the pot. Now it's 1/4 of one million quid per annum?? Where are all the Rangers Support went??

Old time Rangers Pools agent here!! It was 6 million quid per annum that The Pools put into the pot. Now it's 1/4 of one million quid per annum?? Where are all the Rangers Support went??

These figures defy belief especially when you consider how modern technology makes it so easy to do. A couple of minutes online to set up a direct debit and you can forget it, compared to the infinitely more time consuming paper orientated systems which existed in the past.

These figures defy belief especially when you consider how modern technology makes it so easy to do. A couple of minutes online to set up a direct debit and you can forget it, compared to the infinitely more time consuming paper orientated systems which existed in the past.
In those days itvwas down to an Army of agents. Nowadays? Don't seem to be many willing to collect a quid from folk who would willingly sign up. Being an agent only needs to have 5 sign ups, fill out simple pay in form and post in.. So so easy.

According to Hugh Adam’s obituary, in 1981 the turnover of the pools was £7 million with a profit of £1.3 million. Equivalent today is apparently £18.76 million and £3.48 million. Apparently throughout Adam’s tenure, the pools raised £27 million for Rangers.

According to Hugh Adam’s obituary, in 1981 the turnover of the pools was £7 million with a profit of £1.3 million. Equivalent today is apparently £18.76 million and £3.48 million. Apparently throughout Adam’s tenure, the pools raised £27 million for Rangers.

Yes I still have records from the 70s showing Rangers Pools had approx 1.2m weekly entries @ 10p each. A weekly revenue in the 70s of approx £120k is astonishing. It's one reason I remain confident that we can continue to grow Lotto to allow us to make a significant contribution to the club each year.
I want to give the club a minimum of £1m per year and then £2m and then £3m .... We have the fan base to do this. We've done it before and tbh with the introduction of social media, email and technology overall it's far easier to reach large audiences now. We can do this.

My figure of 6m came direct from Hugh Adam. I was a pools agent and near its height I had a client who won the 31k top prize. Cheque presentation was in Bellahouston Hotel. Hugh Adam stated to me the Rangers Pools had donated 6m over the previous 12 months. All going to the building of the 3 stands.
However, whatever the figures the Lotto is way way behind those days. The only way it can be sorted is signing up. What it will take to achieve this? Many guys on this thread are pulling out all the stops. Good on you Guys!!

Yes I still have records from the 70s showing Rangers Pools had approx 1.2m weekly entries @ 10p each. A weekly revenue in the 70s of approx £120k is astonishing. It's one reason I remain confident that we can continue to grow Lotto to allow us to make a significant contribution to the club each year.
I want to give the club a minimum of £1m per year and then £2m and then £3m .... We have the fan base to do this. We've done it before and tbh with the introduction of social media, email and technology overall it's far easier to reach large audiences now. We can do this.

*Will do this ;)

I see suggestions that it's a lack of promotion / advertising why they don't play Rangers Lotto? Some even saying they haven't heard of Rangers Lotto before. The game has been in existence since 1994 when Hugh Adam changed Rangers Pools to our current Lotto format. He was right to do so. Hugh was a very clever and shrewd businessman.

I could type out every piece of promotion that I've launched during the last 16 years but most would lose interest after the first 100 activities. We've sent mass emails a number of times. Collectively the fans reached is in the millions, the hundreds of thousands of fans registered to the club twitter and Facebook accounts have been sent countless messages. We've handed out thousands of leaflets on matchdays. We've sent targeted mailings to hundreds of thousands of fans. We recently sent personalised mailings to 332 RSCs (11 signed up). We had a Tick Box on last year's ST Renewals Form (31 fans ticked it).

We've had 48 sheet (giant) billboard Ads, we've advertised on radio, in newspapers, on blogs. We have adverts on the jumbotron screens before KO and at HT. We have adverts on the electronic billboards throughout games ….. I could go on.

We're trailing the other side of Glasgow by roughly £8k per week. If we're comfortable with that then fine. If £1 a week isn't an option for you then of course it's fine. However if you can afford £1 a week and are not playing and supporting our future can I ask why? A third of a pint. We give away over £300,000 in prize money each year so you could win some cash.

Please call us on 0141 427 4914 & you'll be signed up in 1min ....... £1 and 1min to help support our future. I want to give the club £5m cheques every year. With all of us pulling together we can do exactly that. I need your help though.

No apologies for repeating that Celtic are beating us by £8k per week.

We will soon launch our Rangers Lotto Street Team. A group of fans have volunteered their time to help promote Rangers Lotto by mixing with fans mostly before KO. They will be noticeable in their bright orange with blue piping bibs. If you see one of our Volunteers please spend 1 min to give them your name and contact number and we will call you to sign you up.

I see suggestions that it's a lack of promotion / advertising why they don't play Rangers Lotto? Some even saying they haven't heard of Rangers Lotto before. The game has been in existence since 1994 when Hugh Adam changed Rangers Pools to our current Lotto format. He was right to do so. Hugh was a very clever and shrewd businessman.

I could type out every piece of promotion that I've launched during the last 16 years but most would lose interest after the first 100 activities. We've sent mass emails a number of times. Collectively the fans reached is in the millions, the hundreds of thousands of fans registered to the club twitter and Facebook accounts have been sent countless messages. We've handed out thousands of leaflets on matchdays. We've sent targeted mailings to hundreds of thousands of fans. We recently sent personalised mailings to 332 RSCs (11 signed up). We had a Tick Box on last year's ST Renewals Form (31 fans ticked it).

We've had 48 sheet (giant) billboard Ads, we've advertised on radio, in newspapers, on blogs. We have adverts on the jumbotron screens before KO and at HT. We have adverts on the electronic billboards throughout games ….. I could go on.

We're trailing the other side of Glasgow by roughly £8k per week. If we're comfortable with that then fine. If £1 a week isn't an option for you then of course it's fine. However if you can afford £1 a week and are not playing and supporting our future can I ask why? A third of a pint. We give away over £300,000 in prize money each year so you could win some cash.

Please call us on 0141 427 4914 & you'll be signed up in 1min ....... £1 and 1min to help support our future. I want to give the club £5m cheques every year. With all of us pulling together we can do exactly that. I need your help though.

Await the replies to this! unless your unemployed would you really miss £1 a week? The first team are already seeing the fruits of the RDYC Lotto's labour with players like McCrorie, step up and spend your last dime!

The one figure I find most difficult to understand is the one where only 31 ticked the box on the season ticket renewals. Think about that, we have over 44,000 season ticket holders and just 31 ticked a box asking for £1 a week to invest in the future of the team.

Probably all sort of reasons why this would not be allowed but I wonder how many would tick the box if it was an opt out instead i.e. cost of your season ticket would be increased by £52 which would be used to by a lottery ticket each week unless you ticked a box to indicate you did not wish to take part.

The one figure I find most difficult to understand is the one where only 31 ticked the box on the season ticket renewals. Think about that, we have over 44,000 season ticket holders and just 31 ticked a box asking for £1 a week to invest in the future of the team.

Probably all sort of reasons why this would not be allowed but I wonder how many would tick the box if it was an opt out instead i.e. cost of your season ticket would be increased by £52 which would be used to by a lottery ticket each week unless you ticked a box to indicate you did not wish to take part.

Yes unfortunately it's illegal to do that. Lotteries must be an Opt In

Colin, I know I have said before these are the days of online media stuff but we need agents. I know it is all manual stuff but that is how to get the real "In your face" entries. In the workplace/family/friends it just grows and grows. Any chance of an incentive for any agent with 20 on their book.
The ultimate in advertising would be Rangers Lotto as shirt sponsor??

We've had 48 sheet (giant) billboard Ads, we've advertised on radio, in newspapers, on blogs. We have adverts on the jumbotron screens before KO and at HT. We have adverts on the electronic billboards throughout games …..

Apart from that, what have you ever done for the lotto?

P.S. How do I double my lotto from two to four shots?

Can I alter my existing DD or will it be a separate one for another £2?

Last edited:
Apart from that, what have you ever done for the lotto?

P.S. How do I double my lotto from two to four shots?

Can I alter my existing DD or will it be a separate one for another £2?

I did exactly that today. I phoned the lotto office on 0141 427 4914 and told the young lady who answered that is what I wanted to do. She took my name and postcode and was able to check what I was paying at the moment and told me that my additional numbers would be posted out and my additional entries would probably commence next week, which is fair enough given this is Thursday and the DD’s go through on Friday. However, I just assumed that the existing DD would be increased so didn’t think to ask if it would be a separate one.

I did exactly that today. I phoned the lotto office on 0141 427 4914 and told the young lady who answered that is what I wanted to do. She took my name and postcode and was able to check what I was paying at the moment and told me that my additional numbers would be posted out and my additional entries would probably commence next week, which is fair enough given this is Thursday and the DD’s go through on Friday. However, I just assumed that the existing DD would be increased so didn’t think to ask if it would be a separate one.
I'll call it tomorrow.

Cheers.

When I read the Tims are £8k a week in front of us I got a cold shiver down my back..... that, fellow bears,is just downright unacceptable.

This mis match is totally in our own hands. No bad luck, no spivs, no dodgy SFA desisions. It’s up to US to sort it..and we can.

When I read the Tims are £8k a week in front of us I got a cold shiver down my back..... that, fellow bears,is just downright unacceptable.

This mis match is totally in our own hands. No bad luck, no spivs, no dodgy SFA desisions. It’s up to US to sort it..and we can.

100% agree and when you read Colin Stewart’s post detailing the efforts the lottery staff have made to encourage an increase in take up, it makes it all the more baffling.

40,00o plus season ticket renewals and only 31 tick a box on the form agreeing to sign up. 332 supporters clubs contacted personally and only 11 sign up.

Can anybody explain that to me because I don’t know the answer? It can’t be because 40,000 season ticket holders and 321 supporters clubs are happy with Celtic being ahead of us in terms of contributions, so what is it?

Its over £400,000 a year more in income.

I finally convinced my brother to sign up this week, my old man still being stubborn about it.

Some brilliant work going on to push the lotto recently. Could the steady progress rather than spectacular be down to a split in the blue pound?. Club 1872 are also in a big drive to increase its membership so perhaps bears are deciding it’s either the lotto or Club 1872. Just a thought.

Only 8000 tickets sold for the legends game, Considering it is a profit split for the RYDC and Charity that is a poor effort.

Some brilliant work going on to push the lotto recently. Could the steady progress rather than spectacular be down to a split in the blue pound?. Club 1872 are also in a big drive to increase its membership so perhaps bears are deciding it’s either the lotto or Club 1872. Just a thought.

When really it should not be, as both serve a very different but important purpose.

Colin, I know I have said before these are the days of online media stuff but we need agents. I know it is all manual stuff but that is how to get the real "In your face" entries. In the workplace/family/friends it just grows and grows. Any chance of an incentive for any agent with 20 on their book.
The ultimate in advertising would be Rangers Lotto as shirt sponsor??
Word of Mouth is still one of the most effective sales routes. Let's keep doing this Bears, tell your friends, family, colleagues they have a decent chance of winning a few quid. A pound a week and just forget about it. Spread the word, then get others to do the same. Will be great when we see young lads making it big with Rangers.

Just a point on this - I paid for 5 weeks, but wasn't reminded to renew when the 5 weeks were up. So I missed a week and only renewed now because I noticed this thread again.
A reminder email should be sent out automatically so people don't miss a few weeks or even, God forbid, forget about it all together.
Also, how come I haven't won yet? :p

For any bluenoses ANYWHERE in the world. You can sign up through my Agency. I donate all weekly and any prize money commission to RYD.
If you are old school and don't like online banking stuff. You can send me weekly/monthly cheque and you are on.
Any overseas bears without a GB bank account and/or GB address.. A simple wee paypal transfer weekly/monthly and I will get you signed up.
Whatever way you want to do it.. Just get signed up. We really really need to get a massive momentum going on this.
And remember 5 sign ups and you can get an Agency of your own going. And it will grow!! Family/Mates and for sure in the workplace.
A wee reminder to any overseas Rangers men/lassies who want to sign up to Rangers Lotto.. Just message me on here and we can sort it easy.

I just won 196 quid thank you very much indeedy. Actually forgot i signed up, must have been pished.
Does it continue without me having to sign up again????

I don't know still meh

Was at Motherwell today have only missed 2 games home and away all season (was in hospital) and don't know what to do totally pissed off

Should I pay much more?

I don't know still meh

Was at Motherwell today have only missed 2 games home and away all season (was in hospital) and don't know what to do totally pissed off

Should I pay much more?
Bomber, your obviously a good Rangers Man. The sole aim of The Rangers Academy at Auchenhowie is to ger OUR boys up to first team standard. How good would itibe to get 1 or 2 Ross McCrorie standard players into the first team. A quid or two a week would help to make this possible. Or better still become an agent and get your mates signed up. You will feel good doing it For The Rangers!!

A pound a week is sod all these days. Think of the rubbish you spend cash on. And you can win some dough !
Spread the word for our Youths Bears.

Good luck tomorrow Brownbrogues. Sign ups seem to have slowed down.

Ta Mate. As I said to Colin when we met a few weeks back, Social Media and Fan Forums has peaked for now. In order to reach the majority we need to be out amongst the match day crowd and explaining what exactly the RYDC is and where the Lotto money goes, as I believe there is a misconception that the money goes in to the PLC's coffers when in fact is entirely ring fenced and separate to ensure the money only goes to the Youth structure i.e Sports Science, education and attracting talent from other Academies.

Back