Rangers/Loyalist Songs - Tunes We’ve Stolen

Always annoys me how this always finishes without singing the last line now!

I can see Father's advice going the same way eventually, the last section after FBSHD is noticeable quieter as time goes on.
The F**k Jobby Sands add on totally destroyed what was a cracking loyalist song. We were singing it for over a year before Timmy fans campaigned in thei Celtic view to adopt the original song FOA in response to it.

Glasgow Rangers story. La reve Passe (French military tune)
The Rangers over here. Old mud cabin (Irish song)
Willie Waddell song. How can you buy Killarney (Irish song)
Paisley Road West. Number 1 platoon :p

Last edited:
Anyone ever a cassette version of 'I'd walk a million miles for one of your goals' that had verses with references to golden gates and the likes? Would love to hear it again.

Also, anyone heard the Mosabillyboy songs?

Gunrunners

I want Candy

Kick a 19th Century Terrorist in the head ;)

The Chicken Song!

John Gregg tribute song

7 Spanish Angels

UFF Promise is also a clear adaptation of the above

Quite a few musicians have sung ‘Seven Spanish Angels’, Willie Nelson/Ray Charles have done a particularly good rendition. Then the UFF launched their version with ‘Promise’. Both versions equally good I may add :)

edit:just seen from above post!!! My apologies

Bump......

Does anyone have a link to the loyalist version of ‘Beautiful Sunday’?

Pretty sure it was a UDA cd.......

“2nd battalion, stood up to the test....gunned down the rebels as we’re simply the best......”

”No not one” (there’s not a team..) is also a church hymn just like ”Follow follow, I will follow Jesus”.

I wonder if we ever sang them separately or if they have always been merged together on the terraces?
No not one

Last edited:
Well noticed!

Poppy Fields is exactly like it, but yeah, Daddy's Uniform must be based on it to an extent.
Poppy Fields tune is definitely Noreen Bawn. I do see the similarity with Daddy's Uniform now it'sbeen mentioned. Just a more uptempo version. Slightly different chord structure

I know a mate who nearly got himself into bother at an Ireland rugby game by singing “Now you’re hungry, cause your fields, they are not dry” to take the mick. Talk about choosing your moment.
I told him he should have got a kicking for even going to it in the first place, so no sympathy from me.
I was in a pub surrounded by mhanks and the old Irish lad in the corner sang the Sash. About 30 verses, it didn't go down well till the old boy pointed out that he never mentioned religion of either side or football or anything actually derogatory. That shut them up. Quality.

Red River Valley - Ulster’s Story/the bit UB sometimes sing before Derry’s Walls.

Fathers advice was first sung at parkhead following the “ Battle of Britain match at elland road “ the faces of the tims that day was something else.
It was a song that had been sung at platoon gigs but never at the football. 18.000 thousand bears standing belting out was special.
I asked one of the platoon guys once what it was like when our support adopted one of there songs.he said it gave him goosebumps hearing fathers advice being belted out

The Hearts song is a hymn - Blessed Assurance.

Had I Will Follow Jesus played at my wedding. Subtle but staunch.

Any time we sang it in Church my old grandpa would give me a knowing “behave yourself” stare and a little smile...lol There is no better feeling than growing up a Bear in a multi generation Rangers family

We used to sing, Rangers are the Champions, to the tune of Go West in the 90s.

Plenty loyalist songs are to tunes of old country western songs.

I know a few songs are stolen from the American Civil war period.

Billy Boys is Marching Through Georgia. We also sing the Sash to Halls of Montezuma. The original tune to the Sash I’ve seen the US army marching to, so I assume both versions of the Sash are derived from America.

Follow Follow is a church hymn.

I’m wondering where our other songs originate from. Not sure about Blue Sea of Ibrox.

What songs aren’t original that we sing? I’ve got Billy Boys, Follow Follow and the Sash (assuming original version is from America).
I was watching some really old movie a few weeks back, will need to rack my brain to remember what it was. Anyway there was a background song being played in piano and it was the tune to blue sea of Ibrox.

Billy Boys is Marching Through Georgia. We also sing the Sash to Halls of Montezuma. The original tune to the Sash I’ve seen the US army marching to, so I assume both versions of the Sash are derived from America.

I’m wondering where our other songs originate from. Not sure about Blue Sea of Ibrox.

What songs aren’t original that we sing? I’ve got Billy Boys, Follow Follow and the Sash (assuming original version is from America).
4 lads had a dream is Sloop John B by Beach Boys

We were in Disney World on the 4th of July a few years back and I thought we were at the big walk in Glasgow at one point due to the tunes being pumped out over the sound system.

Men behind the Wire is taken from them. Each to their own and all that but I can't go all that copying stuff. Even fathers advice makes me think of those subhuman filth. Thats probably partly down to the fact I had to visit the shit hole, hovel of a country in my younger days. The scum should be begging Britain to take it back as its the only good thing ever to happen to that god forbidden place.

I could kiss you.

Been searching for this for ages! They play it in @Robert Marshall 's pub. Have asked behind the bar what song it is but they never seem to know and TBF they are too busy to go check. Getting rattled right into my pregame build up playlist.
This isn't the full version. It cuts off a bit before the end. Type in the song name on Youtube and you'll get the full version. Bit of trivia, the singer was from Port Glasgow.

One I'm looking forward to blasting out again is the Beatles ,Marmalade covered,not literally song.Oobli de oobli dah life goes on oh oh Rangers are the Champions.

Back