Rangers make a statement about last night

Bear all

Rangers say they will do "everything possible" to stamp out the type of abuse aimed at Kilmarnock boss Steve Clarke in Wednesday's Scottish Cup tie.

Clarke said he faced "sectarian" abuse from the "dark ages" at Ibrox as his side lost 5-0 in their last-16 replay.

A Rangers statement said the club "wishes to make it clear that unacceptable behaviour will not be tolerated at Ibrox.

"Everything possible will be done to eradicate this kind of behaviour."

Clarke said he was called "a 19th Century Terrorist b******" at Ibrox, three days after Kilmarnock striker Kris Boyd said he was subjected to sectarian abuse and was hit by a coin during Sunday's Premiership game with Celtic at Rugby Park.

Kilmarnock director Cathy Jamieson said there is "no place in football for sectarianism", tweeting it was "time to end this nonsense once and for all".

Very good Rangers let's hear you calling them all out next time our manager and staff are targeted, the Scum never accept any responsibility just us.

As much as the hypocrisy from the scum media and Clarke absolutely reeks, I’m honestly so angry with the few morons who’ve given them this opportunity, and have successfully shot us in the foot again, providing them with the perfect opportunity to demonise us whilst taking a load of the attention away from Alfie and the result.

These brain doners don’t half make it difficult for us.

As much as the hypocrisy from the scum media and Clarke absolutely reeks, I’m honestly so angry with the few morons who’ve given them this opportunity, and have successfully shot us in the foot again, providing them with the perfect opportunity to demonise us whilst taking a load of the attention away from Alfie and the result.

These brain doners don’t half make it difficult for us.

Few morons? It was pretty much the entire stadium.

why never a statement on the sectarian abuse opposing sing to the supporters every home match? We are constantly subjected to sectarian abuse inside our own stadium. from opposing fans

Not a peep from SG when almost 60k sang about him at the Piggery.

He's a real man and can take it and won't make a fuss.

Clarke is a pathetic individual and clearly has issues.

He has no issues , he is a slekit lady's front bottom , he has seen way to deflect from his teams humping , also play the mentally challenged trumph card of the big S word , if the score was reversed he wouldn’t have mentioned it .

This means it gives us license to call out others in the future.

Currently if we were to, the standard response would be "aye, but your fans..."

Truth is we stopped all this shit a while back, so they just made stuff up about us while ignoring the huns/ orange bastards chants. It'll only stop when there is an even playing field.

The fact Clarke can sit their and cry about it, while ignoring the exact same chant aimed at one of his players is astonishing.
Absolutely no one in the media is questioning the double standards, and they simply don't report on anything directed at our players.

The only reason anything was said about Boyd is because he mentioned it. There was absolutely no outpouring of horror from the media at all

We know our supporters shouldn't be singing this as I said to the guy in front of me last night but for phucks sake can people not see the double standards when it comes to us.As previous posts say our board need to come out and complain every time anyone asociated with Rangers is subject to abuse.Phuck the other day doing the rounds was the video of a young boy 5-7 years of age singing a song about our kitman and phuck all from our board or any of the Scottish press/media about it.This country is totally screwed.

Maybe the board think that if we have our house in order first, it gives them a far stronger position to complain about others.
that's just nonsense and congrats on using a well worn out Speirs /English quote about us.

So, sectarian abuse even though 19th Century Terrorist is a political term only matters when it is towards someone else inside our stadium? we have been subjected to sectarian abuse for years inside Ibrox and I don't even remember any complaints about it from the media or statements from our board about it

It was mainly from the Union Bear area and it didn't last long. We really need to drop the f word all together, regardless of your interpretation of its meaning. The agenda has been set for it in this country.
not really

I’m only going on a couple of folk on here who claimed they could only hear it from one part of the stadium.

Either way, what a brilliant job they’ve done of helping these fannies go on the attack whilst taking all discussion away from the positives.
If it wasn’t singing it would have been refs, they’re not interested in discussing football when it comes to Rangers

Maybe the board think that if we have our house in order first, it gives them a far stronger position to complain about others.
Kilmarnock and celtc don't feel that way, neither should Rangers

You can't afford to play fair when your dealing with the likes of that

Another cop out from our club.

Where was the statement when 60k of them abused our manager?
I might be wrong in this one, but I can’t help thinking that this is the type of statement where it’s what isn’t being said that is the line to follow.
We’re saying we’ll do everything we can.
We’ll do nothing.
However we’re saying is what septic should be saying and this, in my view, highlights that septic are saying nothing.

Back