Rangers make a statement about last night

OK. Those are the words I used to sing until it started to harm my club. Maybe I was wrong.

I’m just making a simple point here. I love our club, as I’m sure you do, and I don’t want to do anything to harm it.
Rangers in the David Murray days didnt help us in anyway shape or form because of that chancer

I am proud of the Protestant Identity Rangers Football Club holds and certainly wont let anyone say other wise on it...

as for Clarke
he is just stirring a bee hive really he knows the media in Scotland get a kick off sectarianism or football tribalism as it should really be called.

media puppet , i have been called worse in the street on a non match day :p

The board need to meet with supporters and sort out an acceptable song book. Get the SLO, Club 1872, UB and supporters' club reps on board. Agree on what is and isnt acceptable and let the rest know. We need to do this anyway as many of our traditional songs arent sung with the correct words.

We need leadership and we need to be pro active.

The board need to meet with supporters and sort out an acceptable song book. Get the SLO, Club 1872, UB and supporters' club reps on board. Agree on what is and isnt acceptable and let the rest know. We need to do this anyway as many of our traditional songs arent sung with the correct words.

someone with brains on the subject and knowledge of our identity and song book and indeed the lyrics

Well if you need to be told 19th Century Terrorist Bastard isn't acceptable then you shouldn't even bother at the weekends mate.

Grown men asking to be told what is acceptable to sing - surely you know how to behave at the weekend and don't have to be told my the SLO?

As much as the hypocrisy from the scum media and Clarke absolutely reeks, I’m honestly so angry with the few morons who’ve given them this opportunity, and have successfully shot us in the foot again, providing them with the perfect opportunity to demonise us whilst taking a load of the attention away from Alfie and the result.

These brain doners don’t half make it difficult for us.
i get your point
but, the scootish media scum would just have made something up anyway.
they have previous
however," just because they were wearing rangers scarves etc..." usually works for the poets.

Rangers in the David Murray days didnt help us in anyway shape or form because of that chancer

I am proud of the Protestant Identity Rangers Football Club holds and certainly wont let anyone say other wise on it...

as for Clarke
he is just stirring a bee hive really he knows the media in Scotland get a kick off sectarianism or football tribalism as it should really be called.

media puppet , i have been called worse in the street on a non match day :p

I agree with & support the identity you are talking about.

I just don’t want thousands of people who love the club like me to harm it because they aren’t thinking of the consequences of their actions in this warped country.

It’s clear that a football song is a lot more harmful than physical abuse to some :mad:

So people are angry about a one way street when there’s no negative effects?
well if the media** reports ** a subject of alleged sectarian abuse ...it normally never features a club who play in green white hoops, who claim Irish Catholicism and is currently fighting a pedophilia lawsuit .

it was truly the greatest site in a long time lol
well us beaten celtic 1-0 tops alot, but he would be second place lol
bet he will use this as excuse to quit Killie at the end of the season and blame big bad Rangers the guy is mentally weak imo.

Will we ever learn? Some would do well to remember you can be a proud Protestant and fan of Rangers Football Club without openly being a bigot and bringing the rest of us down.

Last edited:
bet he will use this as excuse to quit Killie at the end of the season and blame big bad Rangers the guy is mentally weak imo.
he is not weak when he takes on celtic job

he found new life as it were

man is a fud

I detest how certain clubs get upset over a few words but say and do absoolutely feck all when it comes to a paedo clubs child abuse. And that goes to all in the mhedia who sweep it under the carpet.

Well if you need to be told 19th Century Terrorist Bastard isn't acceptable then you shouldn't even bother at the weekends mate.

Grown men asking to be told what is acceptable to sing - surely you know how to behave at the weekend and don't have to be told my the SLO?

Jesus wept. If grown men dont need to be told how to behave at the "weekend" then how do you explain today's headlines?

The problem is some grown men do need to be told how to behave.

Is there a full statement?

I wouldn't defend this sort of chanting but by failing to highlight comparable circumstances where the media has either ignored or played down chants directed at figures connected to Rangers, the club is again allowing its enemies to create the narrative.

Jesus wept. If grown men dont need to be told how to behave at the "weekend" then how do you explain today's headlines?

The problem is some grown men do need to be told how to behave.
If a grown man needs to be told how to behave then he doesn't belong at Ibrox, sorry if my point was lost on you, you did ask the SLO to tell you what you can sing.

If a grown man needs to be told how to behave then he doesn't belong at Ibrox, sorry if my point was lost on you, you did ask the SLO to tell you what you can sing.

I dont need anyone to tell me what to sing and I didnt ask the SLO to tell me, but clearly there are others that do. Rather than just making meaningless statements, like you, Ive offered up a solution.

Perhaps you could tell those that 'dont belong' to stay away.

Out of interest, what words do Killie use when they sing Hello Hello?

Hello hello we are the kille boys hello hello you’ll know us by are noise we’re up unto are knees in Ayr (b**** B******
Rangers say they will do "everything possible" to stamp out the type of abuse aimed at Kilmarnock boss Steve Clarke in Wednesday's Scottish Cup tie.

Clarke said he faced "sectarian" abuse from the "dark ages" at Ibrox as his side lost 5-0 in their last-16 replay.

A Rangers statement said the club "wishes to make it clear that unacceptable behaviour will not be tolerated at Ibrox.

"Everything possible will be done to eradicate this kind of behaviour."

Clarke said he was called "a 19th Century Terrorist b******" at Ibrox, three days after Kilmarnock striker Kris Boyd said he was subjected to sectarian abuse and was hit by a coin during Sunday's Premiership game with Celtic at Rugby Park.

Kilmarnock director Cathy Jamieson said there is "no place in football for sectarianism", tweeting it was "time to end this nonsense once and for all".

Very good Rangers let's hear you calling them all out next time our manager and staff are targeted, the Scum never accept any responsibility just us.

There’s No Club Statement This is FAKE News !!

What does Scottish football expect, when they allowed a club to join their league who were formed essentially by catholics for catholics?

All over the world fans make fun of the opposition fans by going for what they perceive to be what makes them different.

This is why sport should be free of any connection to race, politics or religeon.

We all know which part of the ground the songs came from, same morons who can’t sing a song without Bobby Sands, the IRA, the Pope or FB in it.
Now I get the double standards argument but if people’s only argument to these attacks is but they do it as well then we will always be treated as knuckle draggers like that rancid mob we have the misfortune to share a city with.

The club had to make the statement. I completely agree with them.
Our fans, whether they feel “f*nian” is sectarian or not, need to cut it out.
The club should also start being more vocal when our players and manager are subject to sectarian abuse, which is regularly.

Hello hello we are the kille boys hello hello you’ll know us by are noise we’re up unto are knees in Ayr (b**** B******

There’s No Club Statement This is FAKE News !!
Good if it is fake news i seen it on the BBC Scotland web page it never quoted anyone from Rangers, if that mob can ignore so can we only thing is the rest of the Celtic compliant media won't ignore it like we are witnessing this morning.

Now the SFA decide to speak out:

Thursday 21 February 2019

The Scottish FA condemns in the strongest possible terms the spate of incidents this season involving unacceptable conduct in Scottish football. This season we have witnessed match officials and players hit by coins, sectarian singing at matches and abusive and threatening behaviour towards match officials, players, managers and coaching staff. This behaviour is completely unacceptable and simply has no place in football, or indeed Scottish society.
Football has a responsibility to take action. We must do all that we can under our current rules and engage with clubs to seek to eradicate such behaviour.

This issue, however, is not one that football can solve on its own. To that end, SPFL Chief Executive Neil Doncaster and I recently met with Cabinet Secretary for Justice Humza Yousaf, Minister for Public Health, Sport and Wellbeing Joe Fitzpatrick and Police Scotland Assistant Chief Constable Bernie Higgins to discuss unacceptable conduct in football and how we can work together to address this.
We will seek further discussions in light of the most recent events to maintain the momentum for change.

Is there a full statement?

I wouldn't defend this sort of chanting but by failing to highlight comparable circumstances where the media has either ignored or played down chants directed at figures connected to Rangers, the club is again allowing its enemies to create the narrative.
I don’t agree with these out of date chants/ songs but your right about the club once again handling this situation the wrong way, they really are quite unbelievably clueless when it comes to situations that involve the media

As much as the hypocrisy from the scum media and Clarke absolutely reeks, I’m honestly so angry with the few morons who’ve given them this opportunity, and have successfully shot us in the foot again, providing them with the perfect opportunity to demonise us whilst taking a load of the attention away from Alfie and the result.

These brain doners don’t half make it difficult for us.[/QUOTE

This needs to stop with every clubs supporters.

We know there are double standards but that doesn’t make it right.
Just in case it may have been forgotten our manager happens to be RC so does his family.... and most probably immediate family.So should they get abuse as well because they are?
Thankfully SG doesn’t seem affected but if this continues he could well say ‘flux it’ why do I need to be here and listen to that?
It needs to stop or the club will get hammered and if they do so should every other club as well who have supporters that do this.

Back