Rangers make a statement about last night

19th Century Terrorist
Dictionary result for 19th Century Terrorist
/ˈfiːnɪən/
Learn to pronounce

noun
  1. 1.​
    a member of the Irish Republican Brotherhood, a 19th-century revolutionary nationalist organization among the Irish in the US and Ireland. The 19th Century Terrorists staged an unsuccessful revolt in Ireland in 1867 and were responsible for isolated revolutionary acts against the British until the early 20th century, when they were gradually eclipsed by the IRA
  2. Why doesn’t anyone challenge them for what real meaning of the word is?

The club and club 1872 need to tackle this issue once and for all.
Why anyone wants to sing about the pope, the IRA or 19th Century Terrorists in 2019 at a football match is beyond me.
Embarrassing is an understatement and a lot of the responsibility must be with the Union bears.
Fathers advice, no 1 platoon, daddies uniform, here lies a soldier... Get a grip guys.

Nah, not having it.

Only regret is that I wasnt there last night to join in the sing song.

If the worst we do is call someone a 19th Century Terrorist bastard when at the same time they protect pedophiles and glorify terrorists, then I'm entirely comfortable with who I am and what I stand for.

As for the self loathing arseholes in the thread, do one. When will you wake up and smell the coffee, these bastards would hate on us for breathing.

19th Century Terrorist
Dictionary result for 19th Century Terrorist

/ˈfiːnɪən/
Learn to pronounce
noun

1. 1.​
    a member of the Irish Republican Brotherhood, a 19th-century revolutionary nationalist organization among the Irish in the US and Ireland. The 19th Century Terrorists staged an unsuccessful revolt in Ireland in 1867 and were responsible for isolated revolutionary acts against the British until the early 20th century, when they were gradually eclipsed by the IRA
  2. Why doesn’t anyone challenge them for what real meaning of the word is?

years ago I think someone did in a court case....but wasn't publicized

Why anyone wants to sing about the pope, the IRA or 19th Century Terrorists in 2019 at a football match is beyond me.
Embarrassing is an understatement and a lot of the responsibility must be with the Union bears.
Fathers advice, no 1 platoon, daddies uniform, here lies a soldier... Get a grip guys.
proud songs might I add and a joy to hear at Ibrox stadium

god bless Carson's Ulster Volunteer Force
a patriotic band

Wtf does the club need to make a statement, they bastards sang Gerard was an orange bastard at there midden and did the soap dodgers make a statement.... NO THEY FUCKUNG DIDNT :mad::mad:

The Union Bears and all the young guys who sit in that area are the ones who generate the atmosphere in the Stadium and yes from time to time they sing songs and chants that are inappropriate. The problem is the media report it as the whole Stadium is singing these songs which is untrue.
I would wager that the majority of us have sung inappropriate songs when we were younger until we either grow out of it or realise they are damaging to the Club.
The only way to cut them out would be a direct appeal from Stevie G and the players.There are loads of songs that they could sing,unfortunately if we continue to carry on down this route it just provides our enemies with ammunition.
Let the other lot carry on with their terrorist loving crap and let them keep digging themselves into a hole.

A useless statement from the club that keeps the focus firmly on us.
Why don’t they mention the sectarian abuse our players get when filling up at a petrol station or shopping in a supermarket ?
This is the Murray regime stance all over again. Apology and appeasement at every turn.

The Union Bears and all the young guys who sit in that area are the ones who generate the atmosphere in the Stadium and yes from time to time they sing songs and chants that are inappropriate. The problem is the media report it as the whole Stadium is singing these songs which is untrue.
I would wager that the majority of us have sung inappropriate songs when we were younger until we either grow out of it or realise they are damaging to the Club.
The only way to cut them out would be a direct appeal from Stevie G and the players.There are loads of songs that they could sing,unfortunately if we continue to carry on down this route it just provides our enemies with ammunition.
Let the other lot carry on with their terrorist loving crap and let them keep digging themselves into a hole.
Carson wasnt a terrorist

We are Rangers nobody likes we DON”T care !!!
some on here do care

........some even cared what the likes of DUFC and BBC once thought of us

our so called image - as if that has ever made us lose sleep before

The point isn't that we've given them a stick to beat us with, the point is that they are so quick to jump on it and ignore sectarianism when it doesn't fit their biased and probably bigoted agenda. I read the words allegedly sectarian when describing Boyd's abuse. The use of the word allegedly is sinister, are they claiming that it didn't happen or are they claiming that it isn't sectarian to use that word?

The club would like to read out the following statement regarding last nights events.

*clears throat*

"Five nil, five nil, five nil, five nil. Five nil. Fiiiihivve nil. "

That is all.

Don’t understand the people that are saying “when I heard it being sung I could only think of consequences etc”, are you actually being serious your team just rattled Killie stupid and all you thought about was the rest of this putrid country’s response to a song. Grow up

would have been better if our clubs statement said that all sectarian abuse should be condemned wherever in scottish football it arises, ,by only talking about our support it will only make sure that the focus will stay very much on ourselves ,,we have plenty evidence of sectarianism to counter their faux outrage at last night,,but once again our club have been found wanting when an opportunity to stand up for our club arises,,it is our club ,and our club alone that are being vilified throughout the whole united kingdom today

In Clarke's press conference following the game with the tims he was asked about the sectarian abuse Kris Boyd got and he said he doesn't talk about that stuff he is only here to talk about football. What happened between then and today? surprise surprise eh!
They got beaten 5-0

It was mainly from the Union Bear area and it didn't last long. We really need to drop the f word all together, regardless of your interpretation of its meaning. The agenda has been set for it in this country.

Ban them all for a game, if they do it again, 2 games, 3 strikes and you're out.
Then we'll soon see if their need for attention is greater than their support for the club.

Truth is we stopped all this shit a while back, so they just made stuff up about us while ignoring the huns/ orange bastards chants. It'll only stop when there is an even playing field.

The fact Clarke can sit their and cry about it, while ignoring the exact same chant aimed at one of his players is astonishing.
Absolutely no one in the media is questioning the double standards, and they simply don't report on anything directed at our players.

The only reason anything was said about Boyd is because he mentioned it. There was absolutely no outpouring of horror from the media at all
Good post.

The billy boys and any mention of the pope and 19th Century Terrorists were all but gone.
That still wasn't enough though.

I think it's largely resurfaced following the game at the piggery with the calls to murder Rangers fans and protestants being completely whitewashed.

I'm not saying it's right, but it's little wonder this has all come back when the weekly songs about huns and orange bastards are condoned.

I am sick of "they do it as well" and yes it's in this case double standards but we should be better than that

Nobody would be reporting this if we were just singing he's a wanker like what was first chanted

Just like they didn't report it when it was RdB as manager at Ajax.
Just like they haven't reported it with umpteen Rangers managers, this season included.
Just like they didn't report it on Monday.

I'm sick of the double standards and powder puff garbage like today yet again from the club.

Ban them all for a game, if they do it again, 2 games, 3 strikes and you're out.
Then we'll soon see if their need for attention is greater than their support for the club.
That could be the ultimate sanction,but a lot of guys who are not singing would get caught up in that.I think initially a direct appeal from Stevie G and senior players would have the desired effect,if that doesent work then there may be no option but to issue a ban.

That could be the ultimate sanction,but a lot of guys who are not singing would get caught up in that.I think initially a direct appeal from Stevie G and senior players would have the desired effect,if that doesent work then there may be no option but to issue a ban.
Guys that are not singing should be self policing. if they don't then they get banned.

Guys that are not singing should be self policing. if they don't then they get banned.
I dont think a group of young guys full of booze are going to listen to me and my middle aged mates,it would be unfair on us when the police and security staff are paid to do their job,I go to the game for the football not as an unpaid security man.

Few morons? It was pretty much the entire stadium.

You’re absolutely wrong mate. It was started by the Union Bears who had initially sang “Steve Clarke, yer a wanker.” Clarke then waved at them and they sang “Cheer Up”. It didn’t go much further than BF1 with the exception of small pockets, the stadium was pretty dead by that point as well.

%^*& sake we can't justify this . Posts saying the Tim's do this and that . Do we really want to be saying they do it so we do attitude. I always thought we were better than this

Gers win 5 - 0 did Clarke give any praise to the Gers team and Alfredo for an excellent performance, nope lets turn to the Poor me syndrome, I was called bad names by the bad men ................ text book behaviour.

I would bet there was a larger % wise of Killie fans screaming "ya durty O B's" last night as per every teams fans Gers play against every week - cant seem to find that highlighted in todays media coverage ???? nor would I want anyone associated with the Gers greetin about it

and as for Walker and his peados comment on Sky Sports - well played sir - excellent OG on national TV - please remind everyone of that again, the truth hurts but its coming out now there is no more hiding from that one.......

I think it is our heritage and I am not willing to deny it to appease the ***'s or our liberal fans.

Back