Rangers make Jacobs Youngest ever USA professional footballer

No idea how this will pan out or really what Orange County's standing in the US game is to judge what calibre of player he is likely to be, but the standard of player coming out of the US has increased tenfold in the past 10/15 years and is definitely a market we should be invested in.

The lad featured prominently in the documentary about us and Orange County on RangersTV. Decent prospect.

However, there was a story on the ever-unreliable Football Insider suggesting this transfer may hit a problem. They are the only source suggesting this though.

Good luck to the lad. He could be brilliant, rubbish or anything in between, we will have to wait and see how he progresses. What I like about this is if he turns out to be talented player we will be able to develop him and we got in early before other clubs enticed him to them. This type of signing shows we are not just looking at short and medium term but long term too.

Last edited:
I’ve mentioned this before, I fully expect the USA to be competing for a WC in the next 5-10 years due to the growing emphasis of the game over there.

That’s two young Americans we’ve taken from OC, this market has potential to reap a massive amount of rewards.

Really great planning.

I’ve mentioned this before, I fully expect the USA to be competing for a WC in the next 5-10 years due to the growing emphasis of the game over there.

That’s two young Americans we’ve taken from OC, this market has potential to reap a massive amount of rewards.

Really great planning.
I was saying the same about the USA 20 years ago mate. I do take your point however.:)

The link up with OCSC is a good one - based solely on what I saw on the documentary. Goalkeeper looks a reasonable prospect. With Jacobs it will come down to how much more, and how quickly, he can develop. As with many Americans, he's not short of confidence.

You're wrong but never mind.
He became the youngest pro in American 'soccer' when he signed professional terms with OCSC in August 2019 mate. Aged 14 years, 4 months and 29 days.

Given Rangers haven't formally signed him yet, it will be this Summer at the earliest, he won't be our youngers professional.

Last edited:
Liking that rangers are starting to think about stuff like this. Our club has come a long way in a short space of time.

Love to listen to our transatlantic cousins talking about soccer. The funniest thing I ever heard was a team USA soccer fan declaring that: "Hey . . . we tied with Czecheslovakia"

Back