Rangers make moves for Bournemouth duo

Hi guys and gals, Simpson was in the team for few games when we had five shut outs in row, got dropped after the Brentford game for no apparent reason and we have lost 2 drawn 1. He was just beginning to find his form in my opinion, made a few ricks in the PL but was always in for the one game so never had the chance to get any form. On a free it would be a good signing. Nnamdi, I believe he has a lot of potential and SG would be the one who could bring him on. Not the finished article but not too far away.
Anyway nice to see 55 edging closer...
Where in Bournemouth are you Joe?

Hi guys and gals, Simpson was in the team for few games when we had five shut outs in row, got dropped after the Brentford game for no apparent reason and we have lost 2 drawn 1. He was just beginning to find his form in my opinion, made a few ricks in the PL but was always in for the one game so never had the chance to get any form. On a free it would be a good signing. Nnamdi, I believe he has a lot of potential and SG would be the one who could bring him on. Not the finished article but not too far away.

Thanks Joe, appreciated.

Personally I think fans are guilty of overstating how good he is. He’s been decent cover and he’s done a job but if we’re being really honest, he’s looked very shakey at times

He’s come in on a free, done a job when required and played ok but some fans would have you think he’s a world beater. In all honesty, unless he’s going to be kept as a 5th choice CB I’d be moving him on
Very much so. He has been good cover but the sooner Helander returns the better.

Same. His exclusion in recent months is baffling to say the least.
I think that Edmunson will be elsewhere next season, on loan otherwise. Katic, will probably be eased back into it next season, essentially playing Edmunsons role this year as back up-back up.
This leaves us with 2 right sided CB'S in Goldson and Balogun and 2 left sided with Helander and A.N. Other.
I doubt Balogun would remain after next season anyway given his age.
Basically a long winded way of saying we wouldnt need to get rid of either Balogun or Helander.

Anyway nice to see 55
Just asked a mate who's a season ticket holder at vitality about Simpson. His reply was 'he's all left foot and a bit casual on the ball. Also not the quickest.

Balogun is 33yo in the Summer. Is he going to take another 1 year contract? I'll be surprised if we offer more.

Given his performances this season, Balogun will get other offers.
Imo Balogun has earned a 2 year deal with us if that's his wish. I'm sure we will try to offer him 1 but your right he will have offers. At least a year deal with option of a 2nd year. A superb signing, great attitude and seems to be great with younger players.

I think Edmundson and Katic will be out the door just really depends if we bring another one in or promote Mayo

Honestly hope there is no truth in the Simpson rumour.

Would be happy Ofoborh though, looks like he has quite a bit of development still in him which I think Gerrard can coach up.

This could well be SG future proofing. Bringing these lads in gives us the opportunity to loan katic and edmundson, who are in desperate need of games, and, in all likelihood, have a potential replacement to come in fot kamara when he is inevitably sold.

Katic won’t be leaving permanently whatsoever
I just don’t think he’s good enough with the ball at his feet to be a cb for us. We need our defenders to be good on the ball and all three of Goldson, balogun and helander are miles in front of him at it.

I'll be honest, I haven't really heard of them before and quickly looked them up.

The CB Simpson seems like he would be coming in as an initial back up and then try to train him up. He seems to have played very little first team football, so despite being 24 he will still be early in his development. From what I've read he seems like an early doors Goldson/Worrall. Good/decent on the ball but prone to holding on to the ball too long and having the odd lapse.

The CM Ofoborh seems to be an actual tank. He seems promising and looks to have a lot of natural raw attributes to build on. He's only just turned 21 and seems well thought of.

It we are going for them. It would be good if we good gets these pre contracts done and see if we could bring them in early, and gradually introduce them to the first team. It seems to help our pre contracts/loans coming in six months early and allows them to get used to system, training and expectations, with less pressure on them.

Gerrard was asked at the press conference and said he would not name players but deals were progressing for the summer.

Sounds like this is happening.

I'll be honest, I haven't really heard of them before and quickly looked them up.

The CB Simpson seems like he would be coming in as an initial back up and then try to train him up. He seems to have played very little first team football, so despite being 24 he will still be early in his development. From what I've read he seems like an early doors Goldson/Worrall. Good/decent on the ball but prone to holding on to the ball too long and having the odd lapse.

The CM Ofoborh seems to be an actual tank. He seems promising and looks to have a lot of natural raw attributes to build on. He's only just turned 21 and seems well thought of.

It we are going for them. It would be good if we good gets these pre contracts done and see if we could bring them in early, and gradually introduce them to the first team. It seems to help our pre contracts/loans coming in six months early and allows them to get used to system, training and expectations, with less pressure on them.
Ofoborh number on Wikipedia is 55

Back