Rangers malicious prosecution.

I have no doubt in my mind that everyone who was accused was rightly accused. The breakdown has been a point of law from a prosecution side imo. There's NO way Whyte,Green etc can be summonsed to court without the threshold of evidence being breached.

Something has happened at the Crown side. Possibly exculpatory evidence not being able to be used due to a point of law in relation to warrants not being issued to Police properly again by the amateurs at Crown Office.

Every search/arrrst warrant issued has to be authorised by firstly a PF then by a JP or Sheriff before execution. Something has went wildly wrong. There needs to be a public enquiry into this due to the financial sums involved. This falls under Humzas remit. Another failing of the SNP.

I would like an investigation into the 5 way accord.

Assuming there a grounds; I’d also happily chip in if any activist shareholders would be willing to front a suit, The SPFL are on their uppers and if memory serves, its only The SPL clubs that would be on the hook for costs.

James Wolffe needs investigated alongside Frank Mulholland

The level of “incompetence” is unacceptable and needs an independent inquiry

When you add in all the other compo claims that will be coming

Charles Green
Imran Ahmad
David Greir
Craig Whyte

These shysters will also be looking for payouts on top of Paul Clark and David Whitehouse who have already been awarded £24m inc legal costs

How can this be allowed and no one pays for it other than the tax payer ?

I'm afraid I find it impossible to be believe that these men were innocent regardless of what Murdo Fraser says.

The fact the crown made an arse of it is a completely different matter.

They most definitely weren’t innocent.

Whyte was desperate for them rather than court appointed administrators for a reason.

They were placemen brought in with the sole purpose of ensuring liquidation was forced through.

You only need to look at how they dealt with Brian Kennedy and various others to see that they were never going to allow a deal to be made.

The whole thing was a complete carve-up and the rats at Duff & Phelps were very much a part of it.

I'm afraid I find it impossible to be believe that these men were innocent regardless of what Murdo Fraser says.

The fact the crown made an arse of it is a completely different matter.
I believe they were innocent. They were caught up in a much larger conspiracy trying to do their jobs. My own belief is individuals in the Scottish Government, and in HMRC conspired to get rid of Rangers permanently.

Whyte was desperate for them rather than court appointed administrators for a reason.

They were placemen brought in with the sole purpose of ensuring liquidation was forced through.

You only need to look at how they dealt with Brian Kennedy and various others to see that they were never going to allow a deal to be made.

The whole thing was a complete carve-up and the rats at Duff & Phelps were very much a part of it.
Correct and we knew this at the time. More than annoying that they have not only got away with it but are now being compensated further.

Charles Green
Imran Ahmad
David Greir
Craig Whyte

These shysters will also be looking for payouts on top of Paul Clark and David Whitehouse who have already been awarded £24m inc legal costs

I think Green, Ahmad and Greir are stick ons for their damages. I haven't heard about Whyte claiming anything. If he ends up getting damages too then I'll be beyond disgusted.

I believe they were innocent. They were caught up in a much larger conspiracy trying to do their jobs. My own belief is individuals in the Scottish Government, and in HMRC conspired to get rid of Rangers permanently.
Opus dei........?

I don’t think the administrators did anything illegal in a business sense, the whole saga proved to me that high finance business is something that if you know how to work it is allowed to happen and is very poorly regulated.

i believe the crown office went after the administrators to show the Rangers admin process was illegal and therefore prevent the club from moving forward, it would have thrown the company into turmoil and left it open again to vultures. The crown office simply didn’t have the wherewithal to prove this and breathtaking incompetence failed spectacularly.

We could write a seven season ten part series on this whole shambles, however thankfully we are back in safe hands and looking to retain our rightful place at the top of Scottish football.

It will be interesting to see the exact wording of the apology given to Whitehouse and Clark. It will likely have been examined and revised by lawyers on both sides.

If there's any ambiguity in it, perhaps something can be read in to that.

I think Whyte thought he could influence/apply leverage to the administrators as he thought their firm had done something wrong re the Ticketus transaction when they were advising on the purchase.

I think that in fact he didn't manage to influence them. It's difficult to see how they could have been acting for Whyte's benefit at the point they were taking steps to challenge the Ticketus agreement, and thereby ensured Whyte would be made personally bankrupt, and his companies liquidated (including the one which held the oldco shares) due to the guarantees he gave.

I don’t think the administrators did anything illegal in a business sense, the whole saga proved to me that high finance business is something that if you know how to work it is allowed to happen and is very poorly regulated.

i believe the crown office went after the administrators to show the Rangers admin process was illegal and therefore prevent the club from moving forward, it would have thrown the company into turmoil and left it open again to vultures. The crown office simply didn’t have the wherewithal to prove this and breathtaking incompetence failed spectacularly.

We could write a seven season ten part series on this whole shambles, however thankfully we are back in safe hands and looking to retain our rightful place at the top of Scottish football.

A lot of the noise about this was from people inimical to Rangers, who wanted to show the admin process to be unlawful. They set the agenda that there was something iffy about the process, and certainly weren't doing so for the benefit of our club.

They hoped the transaction which allowed the club to continue would be unravelled - at worst possibly dragging the assets back into the liquidated company and seeing the club broken up, but even at best to extend the chaos and financial problems at the club at a time when it was having to operate in the lower leagues.

Quite a few Rangers supporters bought into this in good faith, without appreciating what the outcome of it would/could be.

A lot of the noise about this was from people inimical to Rangers, who wanted to show the admin process to be unlawful. They set the agenda that there was something iffy about the process, and certainly weren't doing so for the benefit of our club.

They hoped the transaction which allowed the club to continue would be unravelled - at worst possibly dragging the assets back into the liquidated company and seeing the club broken up, but even at best to extend the chaos and financial problems at the club at a time when it was having to operate in the lower leagues.

Quite a few Rangers supporters bought into this in good faith, without appreciating what the outcome of it would/could be.
I admit to buying info at the time, like many of my fellow fans I wanted blood, unfortunately we were rounding on the wrong group.

I believe John Reid was instrumental in HMRCs relentless pursuit of us and the crown office’s attempt at prosecuting the administrators was to take us back into financial turmoil and even perhaps another admin event, one which we may not have recovered from.

I don’t believe we will ever find out the truth of the who’s and why’s, I will raise a glass though when the baron of Cardowan shuffles off his mortal coil.

Yes I’ve thought about this too, could an illegal administration cause us more harm than good now that we are on our way back to the Top? Ownership claims and disputes could have been very distracting indeed, so although it looks like the truth won’t out....it also won’t affect our direction of travel now!

Charles Green
Imran Ahmad
David Greir
Craig Whyte

How ironic that this will cost the taxpayer more than our original tax bill. I don’t know whether to laugh or cry.

The one thing that spooked Whyte and made him run to court was when at first it looked like Duff and Phelps weren't going to be appointed as administrators.

I've never seen an explanation why that was important to him.

There should also be an investigation into HMRCs pursuit of Rangers. Not the only club touse EBTs but the only one punished to the extent it was and low and behold the monies owed are still falling.
Without that whole episode none of the other stuff happens.

A full investigation is needed. This was an organised attempt to try and kill our club.
There are two issues here and they need to be kept separate because both are very important. Firstly there is the issue did these men commit any offences. Ther answer just now is clearly there is no evidence to support any allegations. We may want to investigate how they were charged and what evidence was gathered and how it was gathered but clearly at this point ehy are absoltely innocent of an Wrongdoing in The eyes of the law.

The second point though is how the Crown used its consideranble power to target these men And was this corruption or incompetence, we need to know because we cannot have the state prosecutor behaving in this manner. We need to get to the bottom of this. Remember this only came to light because these guys had the money and resource to tackle the crown, have other people suffered the same fate yet not been able to clear their name.

These are serious questions that we should be demanding answers to.

That part is correct and remember Charles Green boasting that 'he knew back in February' that he was getting the Club?

Last edited:
Surely if that's the case they should be saying something?

I think there are a whole list of questions that need answered properly without some arsehole fobbing us off with crap. Off the top of my uneducated head and rapidly deteriorating memory and taking some of the points from here -

1. HMRCs pursuit of Rangers needs thoroughly investigated especially considering the amount claimed to be owed at the start is dropping dramatically? It appears HMRC answer to nobody.

2. Why was Whyte so determined to have Duff and Phelps appointed as administrators? If I remember correct this was something most on here - including myself - thought was a good thing at the time.

3. Why was there no fit and proper person test of craig whyte from the football authorities when he first emerged as a candidate to buy Rangers - especially when there were so many voices expressing concern?

4. How much influence did Lloyds have in pushing Murray to sell to Whyte?

5. Rangers went into administration because of craig whyte's failure to settle PAYE bills to HMRC - is that correct? Why did he do that?

6. The motives of the people and departments involved in attempting to prosecute the people involved in the admin process and whole lot of the people involved.

7. Why did the crown office case fail so spectacularly and embarrassingly?

8. What was Green & Co the only group the administrators/Whyte were prepared to do business with? Why did "The 3 Bears" bid fail?

9. Could Rangers supporters have done more to stop this shit show at any time?

10. As Rangers supporters, is it time to move on or make one final push for answers?

Back