Rangers manager Steven Gerrard joins mourners at funeral of Ibrox legend Eric Caldow

We are such a great club and never forget that. I was too young at 54 to see Eric play, but my dad told me about him. I think I have said before but the name Eric Caldow is one of those names you hear when talking about Rangers. A true legend. Bloody love our history

When I had my season ticket in the club deck he used to sit in front of us if the hospitality was empty.

Nice touch from Rod Stewart. Not the prick I thought he was.

"Rod Stewart sent a wreath to the church saying:”Rest in peace, Mr Caldow, you’re one of the greatest, Sir Rod Stewart”.

Can this attention-seeking twat please stay away from us. I knew the lady's front bottom before he discovered he was Scottish and he really is not welcome.

Anyway, rest peacefully Eric and thanks for your prowess on and off the park.
Sorry mate but I think it was a tremendous gesture.

"Rod Stewart sent a wreath to the church saying:”Rest in peace, Mr Caldow, you’re one of the greatest, Sir Rod Stewart”.

Can this attention-seeking twat please stay away from us. I knew the lady's front bottom before he discovered he was Scottish and he really is not welcome.

Sorry, but you have greatly misjudged this gesture from Rod Stewart.

He is not 'attention seeking' in the slightest here, it's a genuine sentiment to the memory of someone he knew and respected.

Your post is in poor taste, think twice next time.

Rod Stewart is a dick and his football allegiances are questionable to say the least but he was very friendly with a lot of Rangers players over the years.

If you can't appreciate a gesture that might give some comfort to Mr Caldow's family then it may have been prudent to avoid comment.

Unnecessary comment mate,I think it was a decent touch,he hardly needs the Attention. RIP Mr Caldow.

Disgusting comment tbh. Good on anyone who takes the time out of their day to pay respects to someone else regardless of beliefs.

I was 7 when I first went to see Rangers in 1960,Eric was playing in that game,, but it was 2/3 years later till I was old enough to understand how good he was.

before my time but always a name to remember for us

legend is often throw about too readily
but that description sat nicely on his shoulders

A bit too young (not by much!) to have seen Eric play, but stories from my old man and a few slightly older mates suggest he was one of the best on the park, while comments from those who knew him, tell us he was one of the very best off it. In short, a true Ranger.

May you rest in peace Mr Caldow.

RIP Mr Caldow, was a member of the first Rangers team that, as a wee boy, I could recite the names, Ritchie, Shearer Caldow, Davis, Baillie, Baxter etc........

Christ you must be even older than I am ! :)

For me it was Niven/Ritchie, Shearer, Caldow etc
Yes, I am one of the ancient brigrade. When I first saw Rangers it was Brown, Young and Shaw, McColl, Woodburn and Cox, Waddell, Gillick, Thornton, Duncanson and Caskie. OK, I am older than you, gersfanal but the extra years brings with it, more great memories to look back on.

He was my late fathers favourite player.During the minute silence on Tuesday I could feel myself welling up a bit as I thought of them both.
Eric Caldow for his service to Rangers and Scotland and for my father who was a lifelong supporter and a fine upstanding father,man and role model

Sorry can't agree with you

I'm sure years ago, I read when he was an Englishman,he was a Spurs fan, i'm sure you can put me right on this CC

Eric was part of the greatest Rangers team I never saw play, but the first I was aware of (just a bit too young). My late Uncle's favourite player, used to rave about Eric.
We had the privilege of having Eric as our guest of honour down here at Thringstone, twice, along with his lovely wife Laura, & you could not have met a nicer, more modest gentleman. He was seemingly unaware of his position as a Rangers Legend & was wonderful company. A sad loss, R.I.P. Eric.

I think your looking at this wrong , He might be an Englishman who supports Scotland and a Scottish team who think they are Irish , but that as far as I can see is a decent gesture.

Yes, I am one of the ancient brigrade. When I first saw Rangers it was Brown, Young and Shaw, McColl, Woodburn and Cox, Waddell, Gillick, Thornton, Duncanson and Caskie. OK, I am older than you, gersfanal but the extra years brings with it, more great memories to look back on.

I hope you didn't take offence at my original reply !
Yes indeed great memories of Rangers and Scotland in those days.

Back