Rangers Megastore refit

klosrfc

Do we think Rangers will match Castries £250k? Surely they will. I hope for some sort of expansion but I'm thinking they will just re fit it.

SOB-WATP

Official Ticketer
Our shop is tiny but I doubt we'll be doing an expansion.

So for me we keep it simple and fill with quality.. fill it with strips, training gear & casual wear..

No point in having any of the cheap tat that we've got just now.. move away from that and turn it into a modern club store.

I was down at Hillsborough for a Wesneaday game this year and their store is 3/4 times bigger so that gives us an idea of how much we're hampered by the size.

Amstel

The tills should be moved And a better queuing system in place , The exit door needs looked at again as they are too small.
the shape of the building will always make things difficult but no doubt whatever they do will be an upgrade.
there should definitely be a click & collect and a returns section somewhere. I remember the mobile shop during the Nike days outside the stadium.

Subway Bear

Some grand plans, but it needs to be practical in it has to hold a shit load of easy to pack stock, enough tills and staff to keep the queue moving and possibly and online section to order anything out of stock, or possibly exclusively online (maybe high end Castore merchandise, as for the process think Boots).

It's a shop, not a tourist attraction, need to find the balance of a great shopping experience during the week for tourists, visitors and fans who arrive really early for a game, but can cope with massive footflow, get them in, get the cash, get them out.

Scojorfc

Better product range and club engagement.
Used to have days there'd be players in the shop or days you can get a photo with trophy's (need to win). Not sure if Castore would deal with all the product range or just the strips. But back in the day you could walk into the store and it be like IKEA a room set up all Rangers stuff even wallpaper. Can hardly get anything for the boys room now.

Mark-Penny

Used to have days there'd be players in the shop or days you can get a photo with trophy's (need to win). Not sure if Castore would deal with all the product range or just the strips. But back in the day you could walk into the store and it be like IKEA a room set up all Rangers stuff even wallpaper. Can hardly get anything for the boys room now.
You do know there’s a reason for that don’t you?

Barca Bear

With 250,000 getting pumped in for a refit. How would you like to see the megastore. I know that Tom Beahon has already said he scoped Milan shop, Real Madrid, Man Utd and Liverpool for ideas on layout, design, product offering etc.

Will the megastore even be big enough. I'm not sure it is to be fair.

I'm sure there will be a wide variety of product offering. From fridge magnets onto umbrellas with more name printing units etc.

With other things like the playstation area with latest PES to a Rangers penny press.

I'm sure there will be digital screens aswel to throw into the mix.

I'm just wondering how everyone would like the shop to be outwith kits and training gear
I asked in the original thread what £250k meant.
was that normal to refit the existing area, or could it develope into a larger one?

GallowgateBlue

It's just great to know that when football resumes (hopefully soonish) we'll be able to go in on matchdays again and buy some merch. The simple things eh. Hopefully it will be well stocked and have sections for fan engagement and to male the place feel alive. I've no doubt the clobber in it will be top drawer and I'm slavering at the prospect of picking up some well made items of clothing.

I can't wait to be able to take my 8 year old to the megastore (or whatever it's going to be renamed) on a random day and just let him look around and actually engage with Rangers products. I'm actually looking forward to him nippin my head wanting training tops, shorts, t-shirts etc... Crazy to think, so far for the entirety of his life I've been telling him 'nah, we can't go into that shop and look at Rangers stuff'.

BlueBarron

I can't wait to be able to take my 8 year old to the megastore (or whatever it's going to be renamed) on a random day and just let him look around and actually engage with Rangers products. I'm actually looking forward to him nippin my head wanting training tops, shorts, t-shirts etc... Crazy to think, so far for the entirety of his life I've been telling him 'nah, we can't go into that shop and look at Rangers stuff'.
I'm the same as you since I've been taking my son to Ibrox hes eleven now I've been in the store probably twice with him. it's been a terrible time having to try and explain we ain't buying anything as the club aren't benefitting he doesn't know any better.and when I think back to before I used to take him I'd be in the mega store a lot. it really did go from being a great shop to a

speedie

I would imagine it’ll just be spent on a full fit out with up to date finishings. Doesn’t need to be too clever. Modern shop environment with the current kits/merchandise will be a huge success.

Chris the Bandito

I think to maximise the potential it's best to separate the Megastore upgrades from matchday sales.

The Store needs to be designed to make a visual impact and give you room to browse around a decent product range.

Matchday is about pile it high, sell it fast and I think pop up stores all around the ground would be the best short term plan until EH is redeveloped with enough space to do both. I'd also like some merch sales capacity within the concourses, although that might be further down the road once we are hopefully looking at some other structural changes to the stadium

adamski

Castore have confirmed repeatedly in just about every interview this week, they are providing everything, including home furnishings (ie. They'll subcontract for these items, but they will be available)

NorthSideBlue

https://casamilan.acmilan.com/en/milan-store
This is AC Milan's store something like this would look well high quality glass rather than shitty puma posters and get a large 'Rangers Store' Logo at the top flashing red white and blue
Frightening looking at that in comparison to the heap of shit pound shop Ashley turned ours into .

Apparently Liverpool’s is off the scale . This is what kids want to see not the garbage we’ve been putting up with for a decade .

In Walter We Trust

What baffles me is we’re told Rangers are looking at the current Megastore as a Sports Bar for 2022.

£250k reno sounds a lot if we’re going to be moving the shop into Edmiston House in two years time.
Thinking about this, if you fit out with a brand and style then you would replicate this in the EH and makes is simpler just to move equipment over, just a thought.

Olegs Hair

Listened to the four lads interview with Castore just now. The first point seems to be to get the existing store open with a smart refit. The next stages are the fan park and Edmiston house which he said they would be linked to as well.
From this I can’t see an expansion of the shop now but the merchandise being spread between there and a developed Edmiston house with all areas being linked to the tour