Rangers Megastore refit

The exterior is pretty important too imo.

The current "Welcome to Ibrox" thing with the Rangers FC in times new Roman looks absolutely awful and needs gone asap.
Agree with this. To have something that befits that first view when you turn the corner from the Subway.

Let’s be honest. Anything they do is gonna be miles better than the current situation. I for one can’t wait to be back at Ibrox and buying stuff in the store safe in the knowledge that the club is profiting.

Thats the way I see it . It’s our shop again , the previous situation was horrific having to avoid your own club shop .

As another poster has pointed out let’s hope we remove all the daft giant posters around that corner as well . I’ve no idea why the club thought they were a good idea they just look cheap and nasty . Leave that kind of livery to the pigs .

The floor space as it is isn't large enough to accommodate the fans on match day. It would be nice to have some extension to the front of the shop to offer more.
£250k is not a lot of money really but it's enough to make a decent job.
I am available for housebuild extensions around the £250k mark if anyone is interested

Get rid of the word mega for a start, always associate the word with cheap and tacky and as others have said, the shop frontage is an eyesore, a downmarket sports store

One would think that with Castore, the shop will be rebranded and look like a modern, classy high end clothes shop, whilst selling all manner of merchandise at a range of price points.

Professionalism is coming back to our club in every avenue.

With 250,000 getting pumped in for a refit. How would you like to see the megastore. I know that Tom Beahon has already said he scoped Milan shop, Real Madrid, Man Utd and Liverpool for ideas on layout, design, product offering etc.

Will the megastore even be big enough. I'm not sure it is to be fair.

I'm sure there will be a wide variety of product offering. From fridge magnets onto umbrellas with more name printing units etc.

With other things like the playstation area with latest PES to a Rangers penny press.

I'm sure there will be digital screens aswel to throw into the mix.

I'm just wondering how everyone would like the shop to be outwith kits and training gear

Beat the goalie, with Andy Goram employed as the Goalie.

Thats the way I see it . It’s our shop again , the previous situation was horrific having to avoid your own club shop .

As another poster has pointed out let’s hope we remove all the daft giant posters around that corner as well . I’ve no idea why the club thought they were a good idea they just look cheap and nasty . Leave that kind of livery to the pigs .
100% with you on the banners. Never been my cup of tea. Especially so given the poor graphics.

The exterior is pretty important too imo.

The current "Welcome to Ibrox" thing with the Rangers FC in times new Roman looks absolutely awful and needs gone asap.
Times New Roman? Back to Font School for you!
I’m more of a Garamond guy myself
Said someone in 1989.

With cheek out the way... I’m delighted that Castore have aspirations to match the likes of Liverpool’s and Man Utd’s stores, our fan base deserves that quality. I have been to both and they are very impressive, especially Liverpool’s revamped store.
Exciting times ahead!

With 250,000 getting pumped in for a refit. How would you like to see the megastore. I know that Tom Beahon has already said he scoped Milan shop, Real Madrid, Man Utd and Liverpool for ideas on layout, design, product offering etc.

I'm sure there will be a wide variety of product offering. From fridge magnets onto umbrellas with more name printing units etc.

With other things like the playstation area with latest PES to a Rangers penny press.

I'm just wondering how everyone would like the shop to be outwith kits and training gear
If theres not a lot of space why waste any on a PES area. Folk go to shops to buy things not play games

250k is a ton of money to basically just change interior stuff. They don't need to actually build anything.

I for one would love to get something like the shop in the Bernabeu or Emirates. Nothing insanely fantastic but just solid big shops integrated in the stadium.

Make it the end part of the tour, simples.

Everyone who takes the tour gets a voucher for a small amount (a tenner or whatever), see profits rise.
If they are smart the tour would leave from and return to the store

I think we need to remove anything to do with the word ‘Megastore’. I remember the buzz when it first opened just over 20years ago and how impressed I was, it was rammed packed each match day and coming over in the bus/boat from Ulster it was always the first place to go to early then the pub. I now shudder when I walk past it, an absolute eyesore. Tbh a complete destruction and rebuild would be my preferred option. A fresh start.
Megastore is so 90’s , just call it The Rangers Store

Do we think rangers will match Castries £250k? Surely they will. I hope for some sort of expansion but I'm thinking they will just re fit it.

Our shop is tiny but I doubt we'll be doing an expansion.

So for me we keep it simple and fill with quality.. fill it with strips, training gear & casual wear..

No point in having any of the cheap tat that we've got just now.. move away from that and turn it into a modern club store.

I was down at Hillsborough for a Wesneaday game this year and their store is 3/4 times bigger so that gives us an idea of how much we're hampered by the size.

takemymoney.jpg

The tills should be moved And a better queuing system in place , The exit door needs looked at again as they are too small.
the shape of the building will always make things difficult but no doubt whatever they do will be an upgrade.
there should definitely be a click & collect and a returns section somewhere. I remember the mobile shop during the Nike days outside the stadium.

Some grand plans, but it needs to be practical in it has to hold a shit load of easy to pack stock, enough tills and staff to keep the queue moving and possibly and online section to order anything out of stock, or possibly exclusively online (maybe high end Castore merchandise, as for the process think Boots).

It's a shop, not a tourist attraction, need to find the balance of a great shopping experience during the week for tourists, visitors and fans who arrive really early for a game, but can cope with massive footflow, get them in, get the cash, get them out.

Better product range and club engagement.
Used to have days there'd be players in the shop or days you can get a photo with trophy's (need to win). Not sure if Castore would deal with all the product range or just the strips. But back in the day you could walk into the store and it be like IKEA a room set up all Rangers stuff even wallpaper. Can hardly get anything for the boys room now.

Better product range and club engagement.
Used to have days there'd be players in the shop or days you can get a photo with trophy's (need to win). Not sure if Castore would deal with all the product range or just the strips. But back in the day you could walk into the store and it be like IKEA a room set up all Rangers stuff even wallpaper. Can hardly get anything for the boys room now.
You do know there’s a reason for that don’t you?

I asked in the original thread what £250k meant.
was that normal to refit the existing area, or could it develope into a larger one?

It's just great to know that when football resumes (hopefully soonish) we'll be able to go in on matchdays again and buy some merch. The simple things eh. Hopefully it will be well stocked and have sections for fan engagement and to male the place feel alive. I've no doubt the clobber in it will be top drawer and I'm slavering at the prospect of picking up some well made items of clothing.

I can't wait to be able to take my 8 year old to the megastore (or whatever it's going to be renamed) on a random day and just let him look around and actually engage with Rangers products. I'm actually looking forward to him nippin my head wanting training tops, shorts, t-shirts etc... Crazy to think, so far for the entirety of his life I've been telling him 'nah, we can't go into that shop and look at Rangers stuff'.

Back