Rangers Megastore refit

I can't wait to be able to take my 8 year old to the megastore (or whatever it's going to be renamed) on a random day and just let him look around and actually engage with Rangers products. I'm actually looking forward to him nippin my head wanting training tops, shorts, t-shirts etc... Crazy to think, so far for the entirety of his life I've been telling him 'nah, we can't go into that shop and look at Rangers stuff'.
I'm the same as you since I've been taking my son to Ibrox hes eleven now I've been in the store probably twice with him. it's been a terrible time having to try and explain we ain't buying anything as the club aren't benefitting he doesn't know any better.and when I think back to before I used to take him I'd be in the mega store a lot. it really did go from being a great shop to a

I would imagine it’ll just be spent on a full fit out with up to date finishings. Doesn’t need to be too clever. Modern shop environment with the current kits/merchandise will be a huge success.

I think to maximise the potential it's best to separate the Megastore upgrades from matchday sales.

The Store needs to be designed to make a visual impact and give you room to browse around a decent product range.

Matchday is about pile it high, sell it fast and I think pop up stores all around the ground would be the best short term plan until EH is redeveloped with enough space to do both. I'd also like some merch sales capacity within the concourses, although that might be further down the road once we are hopefully looking at some other structural changes to the stadium

Better product range and club engagement.
Used to have days there'd be players in the shop or days you can get a photo with trophy's (need to win). Not sure if Castore would deal with all the product range or just the strips. But back in the day you could walk into the store and it be like IKEA a room set up all Rangers stuff even wallpaper. Can hardly get anything for the boys room now.

Castore have confirmed repeatedly in just about every interview this week, they are providing everything, including home furnishings (ie. They'll subcontract for these items, but they will be available)

I genuinely can’t remember how big the store is in size it’s been that long since I’ve allowed myself to go in.

https://casamilan.acmilan.com/en/milan-store
This is AC Milan's store something like this would look well high quality glass rather than shitty puma posters and get a large 'Rangers Store' Logo at the top flashing red white and blue

Frightening looking at that in comparison to the heap of shit pound shop Ashley turned ours into .

Apparently Liverpool’s is off the scale . This is what kids want to see not the garbage we’ve been putting up with for a decade .

What baffles me is we’re told Rangers are looking at the current Megastore as a Sports Bar for 2022.

£250k reno sounds a lot if we’re going to be moving the shop into Edmiston House in two years time.
Thinking about this, if you fit out with a brand and style then you would replicate this in the EH and makes is simpler just to move equipment over, just a thought.

Listened to the four lads interview with Castore just now. The first point seems to be to get the existing store open with a smart refit. The next stages are the fan park and Edmiston house which he said they would be linked to as well.
From this I can’t see an expansion of the shop now but the merchandise being spread between there and a developed Edmiston house with all areas being linked to the tour

Never been to Madrid Liverpool etc stores

But when I seen those mockups, if true, it reminded me of Barca's store for some reason

Which imo is only a good thing

Need to find a way of incorporating the Shop in to the Tour, hopefully Edmiston house can play a part going forward if it becomes a museum.

Current shop is a ticket office at best - bin the portacabins.
I've done Real Madrid and Ajax tours in recent years done Hamburg 1 years ago all end with you walking into club shop. Bit like theme park exits through the shop.That's the way it should be imo.Walk round the pitch up to the shop to finish it.

If theres not a lot of space why waste any on a PES area. Folk go to shops to buy things not play games
Top European stores have fan experience areas in the shops. They did say they basing this research on milan, madrid, man utd and liverpool. James Bisgrove just said last week that an option was to move over to edmiston house using the store as a sports bar

How is it impossible?

quarter of a mil for some pespex plastic and some vinyl transfers mate, 2.5mil you’re having a laugh huh?
Ah, the old "That'll be simple" theory.
If I had a fiver for every time I've heard that on a job.
£2.5m is a tad over the top for a shop fit though.

Have the back walls with screens like a virtual view of the pitch and curving round a bit so kids can try on their tops as if they were on the pitch with stands looming over them.

Top European stores have fan experience areas in the shops. They did say they basing this research on milan, madrid, man utd and liverpool. James Bisgrove just said last week that an option was to move over to edmiston house using the store as a sports bar
That's fine if moving to a bigger premises but as it is the mega store is too small for fan experience imo

I've done Real Madrid and Ajax tours in recent years done Hamburg 1 years ago all end with you walking into club shop. Bit like theme park exits through the shop.That's the way it should be imo.Walk round the pitch up to the shop to finish it.
If done correctly, there’s nothing stopping Rangers making a walkway corridor through the Copland behind the seating and lead it into the store if the store had another level above. It might be something we see in a few years.

That's fine if moving to a bigger premises but as it is the mega store is too small for fan experience imo
100% agree. That's what I was meaning. Thinking the store is far too small for just being a store, never mind what they say plans are. We do need this to be over by edmiston house with museum and cafe in my opinion. But we shall see what happens.

Yeah I like idea of taking megastore away and putting something unique in. I.e Barca store is la botiga. We can have something that means something to club. I'd have the sportsbar named coopers

With 250,000 getting pumped in for a refit. How would you like to see the megastore. I know that Tom Beahon has already said he scoped Milan shop, Real Madrid, Man Utd and Liverpool for ideas on layout, design, product offering etc.

Will the megastore even be big enough. I'm not sure it is to be fair.

I'm sure there will be a wide variety of product offering. From fridge magnets onto umbrellas with more name printing units etc.

With other things like the playstation area with latest PES to a Rangers penny press.

I'm sure there will be digital screens aswel to throw into the mix.

I'm just wondering how everyone would like the shop to be outwith kits and training gear

It's not that big a space compared to some of the clubs mentioned.

I was at the Dprtmund stadium 18 months ago and they have 4 times the space.

It's not that big a space compared to some of the clubs mentioned.

I was at the Dprtmund stadium 18 months ago and they have 4 times the space.
That's exactly what been saying whole post current store isnt big enough. However Tom Beahon has confirmed in interviews he has been to Milan, Madrid, Manchester United and Liverpool to look at stores for best in class.

Edminston house plans are big. Full rebuild. Very very modern. Ties in with superstore, museum and cafe. The plans for the megastore that were leaked at real.
Entering planning phase in couple of weeks so will be available for all to see

Aounds superb. Let’s hope they follow through.

A display area highlighting a trophy or relic from our past with accompanying story and video footage that can be changed each month/quarter.

Edminston house plans are big. Full rebuild. Very very modern. Ties in with superstore, museum and cafe. The plans for the megastore that were leaked at real.
Entering planning phase in couple of weeks so will be available for all to see
What plans were leaked? Never saw them.

I would have it as display only - go in and view the merch, try on for size, order and pay.

goods then delivered to your home address 24 hours later
No chance. What about people visiting from other countries that want the gear there and then. I can’t even remember how many years I’ve waited to go in and buy something out the shop.

Back