Rangers Megastore refit

Personally I don’t think £250k stretches far enough to extend the building. Even if it did, would it not make sense just to tart it up enough to be useful for a couple of years and then integrate a newer and far more modern club shop into edminston house.

Personally I don’t think £250k stretches far enough to extend the building. Even if it did, would it not make sense just to tart it up enough to be useful for a couple of years and then integrate a newer and far more modern club shop into edminston house.
As far as I can see nobody has said it’s being extended. Just a refit. Not sure why so many in here think we’re getting an extension for £250k?

Make it ticket office, and rebuild on top of Edmiston House: Blue Cafe, Blue Burgers, Blue Bier Halle, and two story club shop and museum,

Reading over more of the posts I think it is clear we need a new purpose built store within the Ibrox footprint. Just like Liverpool have at Anfield. Plenty of car parking spaces that could be converted.

Reading over more of the posts I think it is clear we need a new purpose built store within the Ibrox footprint. Just like Liverpool have at Anfield. Plenty of car parking spaces that could be converted.

We won’t even have parking for the team bus at this stage!

Yes did that at Chelsea . two floors if I remember correctly .
Also did Hertha Berlin by ourselfs , nice set up with a little cafe / restaraunt in there too .
Thats what we have to be aiming for, if it becomes part of the stadium tour for example then 10% discount on the store must become part of tour deal, gets people in the store buying stuff

Edminston house plans are big. Full rebuild. Very very modern. Ties in with superstore, museum and cafe. The plans for the megastore that were leaked at real.
Entering planning phase in couple of weeks so will be available for all to see

Where you heard this mate?

My wife says if it was bigger she would definitely use it more.
albundy_shock.gif

I know a few people working on it. Won’t say too much after reading the project manager from the megastore leaks got the sack :))

Haha i hear you bro.

But am i right in saying its a complete knockdown and rebuild of edmiston house?

And it will incorporate a new museum, cafe/bar and also a new club shop?

Understand if you cant, not looking for specific details more to do with whats going to be included.

Haha i hear you bro.

But am i right in saying its a complete knockdown and rebuild of edmiston house? - Yes

Understand if you cant, not looking for specific details more to do with whats going to be included.

Plenty of stock so we never run out of size M gear. Loads of the FollowFollow alarm clocks, remember them?

It's the area around Ibrox that troubles me most when you compare a club of our size to any of the other big clubs in Europe, I dread to think what tourists must think when they see the area. And that's down to GCC. A barren wasteland where the Broomloan Road tower blocks used to stand, wasteland right infront of the stadium full of weeds and broken brickwork where Gollum stands, smashed in railings, vandalised phone boxes, street lights all rusted, empty land behind the stadium.

Jeez! Had to get that off my chest. A total upgrade of the area seriously needs to happen.

Haha i hear you bro.

But am i right in saying its a complete knockdown and rebuild of edmiston house?

It’s a complete rebuild. Will be the best facility in scotland and one of the best in the UK. I’m leaving one key part out as i suspect theres a heavy NDA around that part but it involves lots of glass and will look top notch. The club are sparing nothing on this and deserve real credit.

It’s a complete rebuild. Will be the best facility in scotland and one of the best in the UK. I’m leaving one key part out as i suspect theres a heavy NDA around that part but it involves lots of glass and will look top notch. The club are sparing nothing on this.

Magnificent to hear and I appreciate you sharing what you can, onviously dont want anyone getting into bother of this.

Whetted is my appetite CB.

It’s a complete rebuild. Will be the best facility in scotland and one of the best in the UK. I’m leaving one key part out as i suspect theres a heavy NDA around that part but it involves lots of glass and will look top notch. The club are sparing nothing on this and deserve real credit.
That sounds exciting, can't wait to see the plans

I've done Real Madrid and Ajax tours in recent years done Hamburg 1 years ago all end with you walking into club shop. Bit like theme park exits through the shop.That's the way it should be imo.Walk round the pitch up to the shop to finish it.
agree with this ,when at Hamburg was hoping we would have this capability
The money changing hands was non stop.
Huge money maker.

Buzzing to head in to our new megastore to buy or new kits.
Tom Beahon was saying it could be a quick turnaround so could possibly be all set up as quickly as August but reckon it’ll be September.

It's the area around Ibrox that troubles me most when you compare a club of our size to any of the other big clubs in Europe, I dread to think what tourists must think when they see the area. And that's down to GCC. A barren wasteland where the Broomloan Road tower blocks used to stand, wasteland right infront of the stadium full of weeds and broken brickwork where Gollum stands, smashed in railings, vandalised phone boxes, street lights all rusted, empty land behind the stadium.

Jeez! Had to get that off my chest. A total upgrade of the area seriously needs to happen.

I reckon most big clubs in Europe have stadiums built slap bang in the middle of shiteholes to be fair.

You can obviously exclude the clubs with fairly new stadiums of course.

I think in years to come, a second floor will be added on top. Makes sense and gives the club more room for what they want to offer. Plus it’ll help fill in the gap above megastore where the banner is. (The banner that’s starting to look dirty)
I think in a couple of years the megastore as is will not be there, it will never be fit for purpose. £20k to refurbish it short term is enough.

Spending serious cash on the shop at the current time is crazy.

Have only been in the store once in last year and felt sorry for staff as they looked apologetic regards what was on sale.
Therefore the revamp should help them get their mojo back and have pride in the merchandise once again.
IMO no need for endless hanging rails but may consist is display manequins showing off the strip etc. and display shelves with other merchandise which will then be brought to the buyer from a store room.

Is it possible to also have “pop up” stores at each end of the stadium as well?
Will also encourage sales on match day.

There are small cabins at both Arsenal and Chelsea, selling the key basic stuff. A decent addition to the whole retail scheme. We have plenty of room for these as well.

Back