Rangers Megastore refit

I’m sure the catering is up for renewal, someone can correct me if I’m wrong

From what I heard we are sticking with elior unfortunately - pretty gutting actually as the choice and taste of the food is actually embarassing.

edit - Im hoping that we carry on with elior for our hospitality offering but get a new kiosk/concourse food supplier on board but think the 2 are entwined.

A popup store outside the Megastore?

Come on here.

there’s pop up stalls at most major stadiums, HSV have a massive stadium shop but what comes wity that is a massive Q to get in

folk sometimes just want to grab a jersey or a scarf quickly as they are entering the stadium and having one of these at each of the four corners isn’t as bad a idea as you think

Hopefully we incorporate a proper fan zone into the existing carpark space in Edminston House. Parking for this new build could easily be behind the Copland and the big area behind the megastore.

From what I heard we are sticking with elior unfortunately - pretty gutting actually as the choice and taste of the food is actually embarassing.

edit - Im hoping that we carry on with elior for our hospitality offering but get a new kiosk/concourse food supplier on board but think the 2 are entwined.
I cycled by the other day and the Elior van was still sitting at the back of the Copeland. I’m sure when rangers sent out the survey a few months ago catering was mentioned, they would have definitely gotten feedback, let’s hope they act

there’s pop up stalls at most major stadiums, HSV have a massive stadium shop but what comes wity that is a massive Q to get in

folk sometimes just want to grab a jersey or a scarf quickly as they are entering the stadium and having one of these at each of the four corners isn’t as bad a idea as you think

A pop-up shop outside the subway or the louden is a must. Catch your eye right as you come out to head to the stadium.

Marketing and the point is I don't want to see a design and refit for any level of money. The shop is a red herring, no use nor fit for purpose apart from very, very short term. Spending £250k on it is money flushed down the toilet when we are going to build a new store 100 metres away.

Clueless is putting 4 shop fitters, a spark, a heating engineer and two apprentices in that site for three weeks when a few cosmetics and a carpet will do. Clueless is also believing that because Castore is spending it then it will not cost us.

The 80's megastore is dead, put the paddles away and don't try and revive it. Look forward, at least 100m.

Or perhaps, given EH is to be demolished and rebuilt by the sound of things, they want a store in the existing location until that comes to fruition? Who knows when that might be if the funds are dependant on income from the sale of The Albion car park once planning permission is granted, for example. Once that is done, the refurbished megastore can be re-utilised with limited change to the revised layout. Maybe they've even factored such a plan into the design? So many things you may not have considered. £250k isn't really such a huge sum of money for such a project these days, you know.

Last edited:
If it’s still Elior for catering then that is a massive mistake . It’s appalling . You’d think it’s 1970 with what they offer . Watered down carbonated guff and brick hard pies that are either cold or molten lava .

Look what fans are offered down south at spurs for example . We need to get our act together , even get someone like Greggs in , anything must be an improvement on what we have .

You say 80's megastores are dead yet you want to put a carpet in a new one...
Cheap floor covering to tidy it up for short term use. Part of the cosmetics.
By the sounds of things it looks like we may have new retail space on the edmiston house site AND a brand new refurbished club store/shop adjoined to our stadium.

Whats not to like.
The brand new refurbished space will not be a club shop. At least they could then refurbish it again. The Edmiston House site when it has been cleared and a new building up will be fantastic if utilised and maximised properly. Massive potential for retail, museum, bars etc.

Or perhaps, given EH is to be demolished and rebuilt by the sound of things, perhaps, they want a store in the existing location until that comes to fruition? Who knows when that might be if the funds are dependant on income from the sale of The Albion car park once planning permission is granted, for example. Once that is done, the refurbished megastore can be re-utilised with limited change to the revised layout. Maybe they've even factored such a plan into the design? So many things you may not have considered. £250k isn't really such a huge sum of money for such a project these days, you know.
I agree, £250k is not a huge some of money. But dead money on a shop if it does not need it puts a slant on it. It is where you draw the line I suppose. We have a captive market with a fairly fixed customer base, they will come and spend regardless of the finesse short term.

Or perhaps, given EH is to be demolished and rebuilt by the sound of things, they want a store in the existing location until that comes to fruition? Who knows when that might be if the funds are dependant on income from the sale of The Albion car park once planning permission is granted, for example. Once that is done, the refurbished megastore can be re-utilised with limited change to the revised layout. Maybe they've even factored such a plan into the design? So many things you may not have considered. £250k isn't really such a huge sum of money for such a project these days, you know.
Is it for certain that EH is to be demolished?

If it’s still Elior for catering then that is a massive mistake . It’s appalling . You’d think it’s 1970 with what they offer . Watered down carbonated guff and brick hard pies that are either cold or molten lava .

Look what fans are offered down south at spurs for example . We need to get our act together , even get someone like Greggs in , anything must be an improvement on what we have .
Elior have been a major let down the past 10 years.

The food is shite, cash only tills, watered down draft drinks. Inexperienced workers on the tills with no clue. It requires a complete revamp.

These are areas that need to be improved otherwise the majority of fans will continue to eat at the food vans outside of the stadium.

I agree, £250k is not a huge some of money. But dead money on a shop if it does not need it puts a slant on it. It is where you draw the line I suppose. We have a captive market with a fairly fixed customer base, they will come and spend regardless of the finesse short term.

There's a few factors at play here mate.

I suspect the requirement to spend that sort of money on the Megastore was part of Rangers requirements when tendering the contract. Why? Because its one of the things that would put SDI off since they know they'd have to spend it for no return whatsoever.

Secondly, EH will, hopefully be the longer term hub. However, completion of that project may be 12, 18 or even 24 months away. It may be dependant on cash from the sale of The Albion and will, thus, be dependant on the developer getting planning permission. Castore won't be keen to tout their brand in a sub-par store for the duration of the EH rebuild. Doesn't fit with their brand image at all.

Finally, £250k for the refurb, if the design is done with an easy conversion to a future alternative use in mind, to see the store through those 12-24 months will be well worth it.

Really excited about taking the wee man here when it opens! Excited about what Castore are going to bring to the table as well.
Was checking their website and they stuff is quite expensive £65-£70 for a pair of shorts, £125 for a hoodie.
Theres high end and theres the ordinary football fan, hope our kit pricing is affordable

The food is shite, cash only tills, watered down draft drinks. Inexperienced workers on the tills with no clue. It requires a complete revamp.

These are areas that need to be improved otherwise the majority of fans will continue to eat at the food vans outside of the stadium.

It’s like a genuine time warp when you see them all in their red faded bobbled sweaters and sun visors throwing boiling brick pies at you and only taking cash in hand . Incredible that such things are still happening in 2020 . You get street vendors these days popping up at markets selling top notch modern healthy snacks , I cannot for the life of me understand why we are sticking with this mob .

Was checking their website and they stuff is quite expensive £65-£70 for a pair of shorts, £125 for a hoodie.
Theres high end and theres the ordinary football fan, hope our kit pricing is affordable

Castore have stated, in numerous interviews, that pricing will be on a par with other major clubs. In other words I'd expect the shirts to be in the £55-£65 bracket. Not cheap by any means but that's the market in this day and age. I've also got no doubt that we will see a range of Limited Edition numbers, as per the Black one last season, that will push towards the £100 figure - for those that are happy to splash the cash for something a bit 'different'.

Marketing and the point is I don't want to see a design and refit for any level of money. The shop is a red herring, no use nor fit for purpose apart from very, very short term. Spending £250k on it is money flushed down the toilet when we are going to build a new store 100 metres away.

Clueless is putting 4 shop fitters, a spark, a heating engineer and two apprentices in that site for three weeks when a few cosmetics and a carpet will do. Clueless is also believing that because Castore is spending it then it will not cost us.

The 80's megastore is dead, put the paddles away and don't try and revive it. Look forward, at least 100m.

We're building a new store 100m away?

Got that as fact, aye?

It wont cost us. The very point is Castore commited to paying it as part of getting to manufacturer our kits.

Cosmetics and a carpet would no do whatsoever unless you looe things done on the cheap, for the cheap and that's not us (or Castore for that matter)

On that, I'm calling it. You're a Tim.

Figured I'd maybe give you the benefit of the doubt and check your post history to see if it was just a single topic to disagree on but lo and behold, youve locked that down.

This has already been covered.

Why would Castore charge £100 for a football jersey when they know no one would buy it?

They aren’t daft.

Tops will be around £65-£70 for a replica in line with rrp
They'll be around £100 + for the pro version

This has already been covered.

Why would Castore charge £100 for a football jersey when they know no one would buy it?

They aren’t daft.

If anyone has listened to the interviews given by the brothers it’s clear there will be two offerings - the real kit , as worn by the players , will be available to buy but will be priced accordingly , over £100 . There will then be replica kit made from cheaper materials on sale at normal replica kit prices , £55 or suchlike .

The only problem is some people will buy the dearer kit and then boast theirs is the “ real “ one and people will feel inferior wearing the normal replica one .

A slightly different, but similar view to using a food outlet. Given that the office space in each of the stands appears to be far from capacity would it be feasible to open a space out in the same way as Bar72?

Agreed the kiosks are utterly woeful. I was at Stamford Bridge for a game and they had independent bakers in selling their own stuff, the grub was tremendous

I also done the tour when I was in London for the weekend with the mrs and it finished in the club shop, this should also be the case at Ibrox.

If anyone has listened to the interviews given by the brothers it’s clear there will be two offerings - the real kit , as worn by the players , will be available to buy but will be priced accordingly , over £100 . There will then be replica kit made from cheaper materials on sale at normal replica kit prices , £55 or suchlike .

The only problem is some people will buy the dearer kit and then boast theirs is the “ real “ one and people will feel inferior wearing the normal replica one .
I imagine most people will be wearing the cheaper one, myself included.

If anyone tried to brag about wearing the more expensive one they’d get slapped.

If this is an indication of the company you keep then you’re surrounded by either arrogant tadgers or folk with a severe inferiority complex and you need new friends.

To be honest I’m more interested in what it stocks than how it looks. However, I’d remove the bright colours and banners from the outside and try to blend it in more with the red brick. It looks very garish with the bright blue vinyl cladding it has right now.

The owners have already said replica items will be in keeping with industry standard pricing, and a premium product will be produced at premium price level

If this is an indication of the company you keep then you’re surrounded by either arrogant tadgers or folk with a severe inferiority complex and you need new friends.

It’s not , I was speaking about the general populace . Through personal preference I’ll be buying my kids the kits , and myself some discreet Castore tops.

Can’t believe this is still being mentioned.

They are not going to charge football fans high end prices.

Thats for the likes of stock they sell in Harrods, completely different demographic and price point when its football fans.

Those big banners are just so tacky and scream el cheapo SD tat.

And don't get me started on the 'ticket office' portacabins. Another complete embarrassment.
The outside of the stadium bar the main facade looks horrific, a lot of the brick work needs cleaning.

Spot on with that, what's worse were those small banners at the top of the outside of the Broomloan Stand that were extremely tacky and only recently been removed.

Thats for the likes of stock they sell in Harrods, completely different demographic and price point when its football fans.
cool

What happens when you buy online, does it ask if you're a Harrods shopper before pricing your item?

ideally its got a good mix of quality stock not just expensive tops and cheap tat

screens and coffee shop etc make it an experience

The outside of the stadium bar the main facade looks horrific, a lot of the brick work needs cleaning.

Spot on with that, what's worse were those small banners at the top of the outside of the Broomloan Stand that were extremely tacky and only recently been removed.
I'm wondering if there is something lights wise can be done with the exterior of broomloan/copland where the banners were. Perhaps not along the lines of the middle tier boards going electronic but some thing to update then. We don't have a bad stadium or shape, it just needs dragged into now, not 20 to 30 years back.

We should be looking to expand catering aswell see if we can get the big fast food suppliers involved with kiosks around the stadium
Our own permanent catering Van's around ground would look smart. I've checked a few down south. Arsenal have ones called Chapman's with a club Crest on it. Looks proper instead of these funfare type ones

We're building a new store 100m away?

Got that as fact, aye?

It wont cost us. The very point is Castore commited to paying it as part of getting to manufacturer our kits.

Cosmetics and a carpet would no do whatsoever unless you looe things done on the cheap, for the cheap and that's not us (or Castore for that matter)

On that, I'm calling it. You're a Tim.

Figured I'd maybe give you the benefit of the doubt and check your post history to see if it was just a single topic to disagree on but lo and behold, youve locked that down.
Castore paying out £250k is a cost that we will shoulder over the contract, regardless. Indirect costs are the same as indirect taxation, you pay it. Just like paying vat when spending cash you have already paid income tax on.

And yes, we are building a new shop 100m away. It will not be cheap.

What are "looe things done on the cheap", plastic bogs? Call me a time all you want, fill your boots.

Castore paying out £250k is a cost that we will shoulder over the contract, regardless. Indirect costs are the same as indirect taxation, you pay it. Just like paying vat when spending cash you have already paid income tax on.

And yes, we are building a new shop 100m away. It will not be cheap.

What are "looe things done on the cheap", plastic bogs? Call me a time all you want, fill your boots.

Are you a mentally challenged? You sound like 1. Complaining about rangers spending money

For £250K I would think that we will end up with the floor plan of the existing megastore being larger on the ground slightly, with better access, probably a curved elevation, with new curtain walling, signage, better access and external lighting. Inside floor finishes, partitions and decoration will take up the rest.

Basically a good bit more bling, a bit more circulation and sales space, better access and a whole lot more eye catching.

£250K for something that will promote for the first few years at least a merchandising deal that could be worth between £5M and say ultimately £10M a year for the club is good business.

Get this corner right then do the other end of the Sandy Jardine Stand similarly as the main Ticket Office and we will start to get somewhere.

Back