Rangers Megastore refit

The megastore redevelopment should be treated as one of the first major steps in this Project 2022 the board have spoken about and should set the precedent for what’s to come. The current store and the area around it are an absolute eyesore 250k can go a long way to bringing it up to the standard expected - as mentioned in the thread, get those horribly tacky banners down for a start

The megastore redevelopment should be treated as one of the first major steps in this Project 2022 the board have spoken about and should set the precedent for what’s to come. The current store and the area around it are an absolute eyesore 250k can go a long way to bringing it up to the standard expected - as mentioned in the thread, get those horribly tacky banners down for a start

Argos style, catalogues, put your number in, queue and then down comes a wee box with your item. Don't take this seriously by the way!

There's disappointed we are flogging land (Albion) but when you look at the immediate Ibrox footprint you can see the potential around it. (Would love the club to acquire the ground opposite on Edmiston Drive though) There's vast space behind the Copland, Broomloan and SJ Stands which can be utilised for any further developments in the future.
The paedos got surrounding land for a quid but all they could do with it was pap up some statues of BJK and a wanker with the European Cup pointing at Ibrox (Whit they like? :))) and put some monoblock down to make it nice or something without having access to the arse because it hangs over some Jewish graveyard.
Their land sits on contaminated stuff going back centuries whereas at Ibrox it is clean, fresh and pure British upstanding land preserved for future generations sustained by people for the people.

Basically, Ibrox Stadium is a proud world renowned facility then we have something the exact opposite sitting under a big gigantic 19th Century Terrorist carpet in the East End.

A slightly different, but similar view to using a food outlet. Given that the office space in each of the stands appears to be far from capacity would it be feasible to open a space out in the same way as Bar72?
A good point. The old, unused office space in the back of the stands would be ideal to bring a decent drink and food offering under our roof.
This is the kind of work done to maximise and improve every square foot of the ground and it’s footprint as is being started with the shop and EH.

Every stadium tour I have done you exit through the gift shop we really need to try to work that into Ibrox stadium tours

It’s been a while since I was in there but I believe there’s 2 direct entrances to the store from the stadium. One involves going through the staff room which is probably a no-go (unless the staff room moves but there’s pretty much no other space for it). The other is beside the Ibrox Suite entrance, which as long as they can direct a tour to finish around there, should be possible.

It’s been a while since I was in there but I believe there’s 2 direct entrances to the store from the stadium. One involves going through the staff room which is probably a no-go (unless the staff room moves but there’s pretty much no other space for it). The other is beside the Ibrox Suite entrance, which as long as they can direct a tour to finish around there, should be possible.

They could take the tour down the tunnel, few photos trackside and in the dug outs and then walk round the track which would provide good photo opportunities of the main stand. It would then be easy enough to head up the steps at the Govan East corner and down to finish in the shop.

Castore paying out £250k is a cost that we will shoulder over the contract, regardless. Indirect costs are the same as indirect taxation, you pay it. Just like paying vat when spending cash you have already paid income tax on.

And yes, we are building a new shop 100m away. It will not be cheap.

What are "looe things done on the cheap", plastic bogs? Call me a time all you want, fill your boots.

Pretty certain it was meant to be "like things done on the cheap"

What's "a time" , Declan?

Really hope they resurface the pathways and surrounding areas around the stadium that path leading from the subway to the stadium would be great if they resurfaced that with some proper lighting

Why was some idiot leaking the plans in the first place and secondly, why do folk desperately want these shared on here again?

It's just a shop mate, not a nuclear bunker. People are excited to see what's in store, it's only natural. That said, Castore etc obviously don't want their plans being leaked early and I think it would be daft if people involved were leaking stuff on social media.

It's just a shop mate, not a nuclear bunker. People are excited to see what's in store, it's only natural. That said, Castore etc obviously don't want their plans being leaked early and I think it would be daft if people involved were leaking stuff on social media.
Its smart, similar to the Nike shop on Buchanan St with added screens and a mini display gallery

Expansion is a must.Take a trip to Real Madrid.Tour brings you out at club shop that has 3 floors of merchandise!Nothing wrong with pop ups either.Anyone whose been to a game in Hamburg will see how great it is with fanzones where you can buy official and non official merchandise

Expansion is a must.Take a trip to Real Madrid.Tour brings you out at club shop that has 3 floors of merchandise!Nothing wrong with pop ups either.Anyone whose been to a game in Hamburg will see how great it is with fanzones where you can buy official and non official merchandise
You are right mate,Barcelona is the same.Go to Disney and the likes and at the end of the "experience" you always end up in the souvenir shop.

Can’t believe this is still being mentioned.

They are not going to charge football fans high end prices.

Thats for the likes of stock they sell in Harrods, completely different demographic and price point when its football fans.

It was one of the things they covered in the interview. The strips are going to be priced in line with previous seasons/other teams. People obviously haven't seen the interview mate!

Really hope they resurface the pathways and surrounding areas around the stadium that path leading from the subway to the stadium would be great if they resurfaced that with some proper lighting

Yep, the surroundings should complement our beautiful stadium.

Ibrox could be a major tourist attraction on non-match days if we played our cards right.

Castore paying out £250k is a cost that we will shoulder over the contract, regardless. Indirect costs are the same as indirect taxation, you pay it. Just like paying vat when spending cash you have already paid income tax on.

And yes, we are building a new shop 100m away. It will not be cheap.

What are "looe things done on the cheap", plastic bogs? Call me a time all you want, fill your boots.
We aren’t building a new club shop 100m away. I can promise you that. There will be retail space but not in the mould you are making out. Both spaces serve different purposes. Especially since the megastore is going to essentially be Castores. You sound like a pape. You seem to be up in arms at the fact we are upgrading our facilities.

He's not a Yahoo, been on here for years. A spark that stays in Spain if memory is correct.

Anyway, we should be utilising the 9ne thing we all have, or most of us have; our mobile.

It should be pinging the moment you enter the stadium footprint. Straight onto the shop website and ready for pick up after you've eaten your pre-ordered burger from the mobile Rangers food trucks.

Get into the Rangers boozer for your pint and into the stadium. Sit in your seat listening to RTV with the lads up in the gantry with interviews with past players.

Enter your lotto for the day, order your food to be delivered to your seat and tip the runners 10 Bob.

On and on

Last edited:
For £250K I would think that we will end up with the floor plan of the existing megastore being larger on the ground slightly, with better access, probably a curved elevation, with new curtain walling, signage, better access and external lighting. Inside floor finishes, partitions and decoration will take up the rest.

Basically a good bit more bling, a bit more circulation and sales space, better access and a whole lot more eye catching.

£250K for something that will promote for the first few years at least a merchandising deal that could be worth between £5M and say ultimately £10M a year for the club is good business.

Get this corner right then do the other end of the Sandy Jardine Stand similarly as the main Ticket Office and we will start to get somewhere.
Doing the other end of the SJ stand will be next to impossible as that's the away fans access.

Marketing and the point is I don't want to see a design and refit for any level of money. The shop is a red herring, no use nor fit for purpose apart from very, very short term. Spending £250k on it is money flushed down the toilet when we are going to build a new store 100 metres away.

Clueless is putting 4 shop fitters, a spark, a heating engineer and two apprentices in that site for three weeks when a few cosmetics and a carpet will do. Clueless is also believing that because Castore is spending it then it will not cost us.

The 80's megastore is dead, put the paddles away and don't try and revive it. Look forward, at least 100m.
You'd be a fool if your whole business ethos was about being best in class, best in quality and then you are prepared to deviate from that image to sell out of a tatty ex sports direct shell with a new carpet and a lick of paint.
These guys know what there doing, selling £160 hoodies out of Paddies Market is probably not the image their brand needs. This will be a retail hub for more than just Rangers gear I assume. My personal purchase needs for example will be for non Rangers branded goods where as my purchases for my son may be total Rangers brand. They want to make an impact, make a huge impression on all customers, not just Rangers fans . That has to exude quality so that anyone and everyone who walks in that door will always associate the brand name of Castore with total quality. They can't just sell from whatever shell they can put electricity into.

Can anyone mind the building warrant approval for conference area ,bar with the rear of the Copland early last year , wonder what happened to this .

The shop when busy is not fit for purpose, it has to be basic, allowing people to move freely and served quickly.

I’d have a variation on what is mentioned above, a click and collect point not necessarily in the store but elsewhere on site, piles of orders waiting to be collected for match day for those who don’t wish to queue, once the new shop is built and the new TO takes over there should be an option for folk just wanting to pick up pre ordered merchandise on match days.

Digital ordering boards (like McD’s) pay by card and collect after the game’s over.

Marketing and the point is I don't want to see a design and refit for any level of money. The shop is a red herring, no use nor fit for purpose apart from very, very short term. Spending £250k on it is money flushed down the toilet when we are going to build a new store 100 metres away.

Clueless is putting 4 shop fitters, a spark, a heating engineer and two apprentices in that site for three weeks when a few cosmetics and a carpet will do. Clueless is also believing that because Castore is spending it then it will not cost us.

The 80's megastore is dead, put the paddles away and don't try and revive it. Look forward, at least 100m.

Sorry but I have to pick you up on this, from a marketing perspective you don't feel that there's going to be a physical retail environment in the not too distant future, outside a football stadium that attracts 50 thousand people every second week?

If you're in marketing you know your biggest challenge is traffic. The traffic generates the leads of interest and the leads of interest organically moves into the user experience (which we already have a headstart on with the emotive aspect of the aforementioned crowd) which leads onto the product or service being purchased.

The traffic already exists, all that's needed is the usp, experience, value and products/services.

Add to this the fact that we've been choking at the bit to buy quality merch for years!

Now, what the hell do you market that doesn't take advantage of that traffic and forecast to do so for many years?

People would still have to queue to use them though? Use your phone or order beforehand and pick up before or after game would be a better idea.

A couple of those and regular till points would reduce the waiting times though, as they take up little floor space. Also for those that don’t want to take their bags into the stadium.

I last done the Ibrox tour early 2000's & it finished with a walk from the tunnel, round pitch side towards the Copland Road end. We exited at the corner & we came out at the Sandy Jardine stand beside the shop, I'm near sure!
Not sure were it finishes now though!

He's not a Yahoo, been on here for years. A spark that stays in Spain if memory is correct.

Anyway, we should be utilising the 9ne thing we all have, or most of us have; our mobile.

It should be pinging the moment you enter the stadium footprint. Straight onto the shop website and ready for pick up after you've eaten your pre-ordered burger from the mobile Rangers food trucks.

Get into the Rangers boozer for your pint and into the stadium. Sit in your seat listening to RTV with the lads up in the gantry with interviews with past players.

Enter your lotto for the day, order your food to be delivered to your seat and tip the runners 10 Bob.

On and on

As much as I agree with these ideas and I think it’s the way it should be going, I don’t think it’s practical as it stands. I find it almost impossible to use my phone around the stadium. Unless we provide free wi-fi (which would be a great idea to compliment all of this) then I can’t see it being a great experience on our mobile networks.

As much as I agree with these ideas and I think it’s the way it should be going, I don’t think it’s practical as it stands. I find it almost impossible to use my phone around the stadium. Unless we provide free wi-fi (which would be a great idea to compliment all of this) then I can’t see it being a great experience on our mobile networks.
Sorry, I left that out. I don't know how feasible it is to have our own masts for the footprint of the stadium.

Cost cost

Edit. Electric Ian , I think.

Last edited:
It doesn’t need to be public internet based. You can have a free local network that only connects you to the Rangers website, this doesn’t utilise masts but instead hotspots around the stadium fitted by the club.

Would love it if the club could get the council to close the road right in front of the stadium and make the far away road both ways. This would allow us to add statues etc and tie it in with the new fan hub. Sure it was mentioned on here about doing it a while ago but not seen anything mentioned since.

Would love it if the club could get the council to close the road right in front of the stadium and make the far away road both ways. This would allow us to add statues etc and tie it in with the new fan hub. Sure it was mentioned on here about doing it a while ago but not seen anything mentioned since.
Would love that but you just know the mhanky mob will vandalise everything

In shop-fitting terms, £250,000 isn’t a particularly large budget.

replacing all display equipment with more modern fixtures & fittings, updated lighting, installing new payment terminals, upgrading CCTV systems, generally cleaning & painting the unit - plus the labour costs for all of this, and there’s not much change out of the £250k

(I’m not an expert, but 30 years in retail management and having done lots of refurbs, refits, project upgrades and new store openings, I know these things are always costly)

Good luck with our Glasgow council

Just saw some of the plans for the museum on Twitter there along with the retail space.

The images we saw the other day were for Edmiston House but were dubbed on here to be the Megastore plans.

In shop-fitting terms, £250,000 isn’t a particularly large budget.

replacing all display equipment with more modern fixtures & fittings, updated lighting, installing new payment terminals, upgrading CCTV systems, generally cleaning & painting the unit - plus the labour costs for all of this, and there’s not much change out of the £250k

(I’m not an expert, but 30 years in retail management and having done lots of refurbs, refits, project upgrades and new store openings, I know these things are always costly)
So we’re not getting our bridge? FFS

Be fantastic if that got turned into a walkway as such. I.e resurfaced, Rangers Crest into walkway, rangers flags with players and slogans, lighting, even a built in digital screen with stadium map, upcoming events, matchday news and adverts with proper rangers catering units

Just saw some of the plans for the museum on Twitter there along with the retail space.

The images we saw the other day were for Edmiston House but were dubbed on here to be the Megastore plans.

Can you post a link mate?

That Man City fanzone is the area of a full-sized football pitch.

Where are we getting the ground space to build that ?

And before anyone says the Ibrox Community Complex, the terms of that 25-year deal with Glasgow Life, prohibit the complex to ber used as a fan zone - and block alcohol sales on the site.

We get it for a bargain £750 per annum, but we have to lay a replacement synthetic pitch and promote new initiatives, including community football, women's football, employability and recovery programmes.

We're not going to lay a new £250k pitch and then let tens of thousands of people traipse all over it every fortnight - and we're not allowed to anyway.

What exactly is going on here ?

That Man City fanzone is the area of a full-sized football pitch.

Where are we getting the ground space to build that ?

And before anyone says the Ibrox Community Complex, the terms of that 25-year deal with Glasgow Life, prohibit the complex to ber used as a fan zone - and block alcohol sales on the site.

We get it for a bargain £750 per annum, but we have to lay a replacement synthetic pitch and promote new initiatives, including community football, women's football, employability and recovery programmes.

We're not going to lay a new £250k pitch and then let tens of thousands of people traipse all over it every fortnight - and we're not allowed to anyway.

What exactly is going on here ?
That’s the spirit :rolleyes:

This isn’t proposed for the football pitch it’s the rebuild of Edmiston house.

it’s all rumours and hear say so let’s wait and listen to what the club says over the next few weeks. However if you go onto google maps and look at the space at the current Fanzone and Edmiston house you’ll see there’s plenty of room for an enclosed area for this. It will also be possible to cut into the car parking if necessary.

Back