Rangers Megastore refit

I always wondered about some of the industrial units near the subway?

Are they all in use or could they potentially be converted into an indoor fanzone?

That Man City fanzone is the area of a full-sized football pitch.

Where are we getting the ground space to build that ?

And before anyone says the Ibrox Community Complex, the terms of that 25-year deal with Glasgow Life, prohibit the complex to ber used as a fan zone - and block alcohol sales on the site.

We get it for a bargain £750 per annum, but we have to lay a replacement synthetic pitch and promote new initiatives, including community football, women's football, employability and recovery programmes.

We're not going to lay a new £250k pitch and then let tens of thousands of people traipse all over it every fortnight - and we're not allowed to anyway.

What exactly is going on here ?

I’ve seen the drawings for the new building and it doesn’t contain an indoor pitch.

What isn't?
I should of quoted what I was replying about. It was the poster who said we should get the council to close off the road outside the ground and make the other one both ways. I can’t see the council help us make a positive improvement.

That Man City fanzone is the area of a full-sized football pitch.

Where are we getting the ground space to build that ?

And before anyone says the Ibrox Community Complex, the terms of that 25-year deal with Glasgow Life, prohibit the complex to ber used as a fan zone - and block alcohol sales on the site.

We get it for a bargain £750 per annum, but we have to lay a replacement synthetic pitch and promote new initiatives, including community football, women's football, employability and recovery programmes.

We're not going to lay a new £250k pitch and then let tens of thousands of people traipse all over it every fortnight - and we're not allowed to anyway.

What exactly is going on here ?
The man city fanzone is in different sized chunks. if we could get a covered outdoor bar area with stage for special guests that would be a great start. If edmiston is being demolished and repurposed i'm sure that would give us opportunity.

the picture Joe Black has quoted is Man Citys covered indoor pitch being used for a one off family fun day

Looks tremendous.

Good to see the club is finally showing the ambition to make this a reality.

Not sure how feasible it all is, but that looks incredible.

Il be honest in that I always wanted a walkway etc to be in front of our iconic main stand but understand with the road setup that may not be possible however the picture of a potential copland way and brand new edmiston house/fan hub complex look tremendous.

Wont say Im not excited, love seeing stuff like this.

feel a bit more comfortable with us potentially selling part of the albion car park if its going to help finance this redevelopment as it doesnt look as if it will be cheap.

Well done Rangers on thinking big.

Really excited by this. Great to see the club upgrading Ibrox and doing more to encourage fans to stay around Ibrox for longer. Will be good for boosting revenue as well!

Is it possible to resurface the actual stand? The picture makes it look like it's planned.

I understand that may not be intentional but it's desperately needed

We won’t spend £250 grand kitting out the shop to then turn it into a bar two years later . Surely ?
I'd imagine it'll be done in a way to make it easily convertible.

250k investment will return a profit within a month at most, it's not a waste of money.

The resurfacing of the stands is something I've been absolutely choking for, looks like their planning on making a decent walkway round the stadium too. That looks fucking insane

It would be such a massive difference.

Resurfacing the stands and a facelift in the concourse coupled with new seats would make the stadium look brand new again

It would need to be certain areas only as many have paid for bricks. The side panels on Copland and Broomloan are the obvious areas to change.

Really excited by this. Great to see the club upgrading Ibrox and doing more to encourage fans to stay around Ibrox for longer. Will be good for boosting revenue as well!

With the various traffic schemes and the bigger impact on public transport that will cause, it's great to see the Club getting this setup.

The amount of extra money a setup like this will generate over the course of a season will be huge.

It would need to be certain areas only as many have paid for bricks. The side panels are the obvious area to change.
I'm a design could be used to incorporate some kind of personalisation on panels as well, like faux brick styled panels with engravings on them.

With the various traffic schemes and the bigger impact on public transport that will cause, it's great to see the Club getting this setup.

The amount of extra money a setup like this will generate over the course of a season will be huge.

Definitely! We've waited long enough for upgrades like this.

Oooft, that looks good, if this is what’s coming of the sale of half Albion car park, and as reports suggest, we’ve sourced other land for parking, I’m all for it

As much as I’m interested in the pictures and artists impressions I’d much rather this stuff wasn’t leaked and the club could launch and announce appropriately.
Sadly in this day n age of social media and online nothing stays secret for long something always gets leaked

The retail space in this design has real potential. Can you imagine the variety of bear friendly businesses working alongside the club could offer.

People might actually get a genuine food selection from local companies covering styles of food from around the world.

Bring on the Ibrox Bier Haus.

Back