Rangers Megastore refit

Sorry but I have to pick you up on this, from a marketing perspective you don't feel that there's going to be a physical retail environment in the not too distant future, outside a football stadium that attracts 50 thousand people every second week?

If you're in marketing you know your biggest challenge is traffic. The traffic generates the leads of interest and the leads of interest organically moves into the user experience (which we already have a headstart on with the emotive aspect of the aforementioned crowd) which leads onto the product or service being purchased.

The traffic already exists, all that's needed is the usp, experience, value and products/services.

Add to this the fact that we've been choking at the bit to buy quality merch for years!

Now, what the hell do you market that doesn't take advantage of that traffic and forecast to do so for many years?
Pick me up on what? The shop we have is where the matchday traffic currently is and will be, it already exists as you say. We will use it short term and then move 100m. Turnover will be huge because of the captive market but we may as well look after the bottom line profit as well. A new shop shortly on the Edmiston house site utilising mainly matchday support and everything else online will be the model.

Rangers need to get this right after the fat mike shambles and, at the risk of getting called Declan all over again, I am not sure they will. Look at this week for example, 40k+ people want to give Rangers ST cash. The hard part for quite a number of them is actually getting that cash into the club bank account. New finance suppliers at our busiest time of the year, no longer able to use your Rangers a/c, only an email link for a bank transfer will do and only if the wording is 100% correct. They could not make it any harder if they tried and, like it or not, many struggling to justify / afford / spare the cash will give up.

In this day and age, spending money is all too easy, it takes 5 clicks and 5 seconds at Amazon, Asda or all around the world. Just not with us. I know on here Rangers generally can do no wrong but the reality is they get a lot of major things wrong.

Anyway if what lockdown does is create time for a FF addiction, I am out :))

Would love us to be able to pedestrianise Edminston Drive infront of the Main Stand as well.
However no chance of that with GCC unfortunately.
Would be the icing on the cake for me, feel like the football park is a waste of great space

Michael Stewart will be apoplectic .

It looks fantastic,any player coming to this club now has to realize just how big we are and the sheer privilege to pull the jersey on .

From the training ground to the club shop and the stadium ,we will be a class ahead of the plastic and breezeblock piggery

Would love it if the club could get the council to close the road right in front of the stadium and make the far away road both ways. This would allow us to add statues etc and tie it in with the new fan hub. Sure it was mentioned on here about doing it a while ago but not seen anything mentioned since.
Would love us to be able to pedestrianise Edminston Drive infront of the Main Stand as well.
However no chance of that with GCC unfortunately.
Safety of fans is paramount, the road should be pedestrianised especially with todays issues of terrorist attacks. Police Scotland deem it necessary to park vehicles to prevent vehicle ingress, that is the only argument the club need to ask for it.

Pick me up on what? The shop we have is where the matchday traffic currently is and will be, it already exists as you say. We will use it short term and then move 100m. Turnover will be huge because of the captive market but we may as well look after the bottom line profit as well. A new shop shortly on the Edmiston house site utilising mainly matchday support and everything else online will be the model.

Rangers need to get this right after the fat mike shambles and, at the risk of getting called Declan all over again, I am not sure they will. Look at this week for example, 40k+ people want to give Rangers ST cash. The hard part for quite a number of them is actually getting that cash into the club bank account. New finance suppliers at our busiest time of the year, no longer able to use your Rangers a/c, only an email link for a bank transfer will do and only if the wording is 100% correct. They could not make it any harder if they tried and, like it or not, many struggling to justify / afford / spare the cash will give up.

In this day and age, spending money is all too easy, it takes 5 clicks and 5 seconds at Amazon, Asda or all around the world. Just not with us. I know on here Rangers generally can do no wrong but the reality is they get a lot of major things wrong.

Anyway if what lockdown does is create time for a FF addiction, I am out :))
James Bisgrove is a smart man and without him none of this would have been possible. Hes got blue chip clients in within the last year to boost partners now onto next stage. Be will have us turned round full tilt and leave a legacy at club.

Last edited:
Necro said:
The exterior is pretty important too imo.

The current "Welcome to Ibrox" thing with the Rangers FC in times new Roman looks absolutely awful and needs gone asap.
Agree with this. To have something that befits that first view when you turn the corner from the Subway.
All of those banners need scraped and it should bend with the red brick imo. No need to shout at people, something more subtle would fit the classiness of Ibrox better

it might be an idea to move the store to Edminston House and use the current space as a museum. It might be a bit small for that but there would be the security of it being attached to Ibrox and the possibility of including it with stadium tours

Last edited:
Our fanzone will be much better than this, much more modern and will be indoor/outdoor.

the visuals are 3 week old concepts and have been updated this week. Going to look the part, even better.

Cheers for info bro, know this might sound like a bit of a stupid question but will we be able to have a beer in the fanzone? This is a given at fanzones down south and in europe but in nazi-scotland you just never know:p

Cheers for info bro, know this might sound like a bit of a stupid question but will we be able to have a beer in the fanzone? This is a given at fanzones down south and in europe but in nazi-scotland you just never know:p

I’m not sure mate. Don’t know the ins and outs of the retail space but I presume there will be a bar. As I said it will be the best in Scotland and possibly best within the UK. It’s not pie in the sky minty moonbeans stuff. This is starting and it’s starting soon.

Our fanzone will be much better than this, much more modern and will be indoor/outdoor.

the visuals are 3 week old concepts and have been updated this week. Going to look the part, even better.
Can you confirm if the brickwork is being done up on the stands?

James Bisgrove is a smart man and without him none of this would have been possible. Hes got blue chip clients in within the last year to boost partners now onto next stage. Be will have us turned round full tilt and leave a legacy at club.
Do you really think James is cleverer than all the Marketing and Retail experts on FF?

Reactions: LD5
Safety of fans is paramount, the road should be pedestrianised especially with todays issues of terrorist attacks. Police Scotland deem it necessary to park vehicles to prevent vehicle ingress, that is the only argument the club need to ask for it.
I was at a Club1872 meeting with Robertson and he stated they were in talks with GCC to pedestrianise the West - East carriageway with the East West becoming 2 way.

An absolute pipe dream for me and know it will never happen, but would love to take the whole road through an underpass entering around level with Edmiston House and exiting around level with Broomloan Stand, allowing for full pedestrianisation and landscaping the length of our iconic masterpiece.

Could be.

With the pictures, there appears to be grass areas shown. One potentially for a Memorial Garden.

I think that might be backgardens for the new housing from EH to the Garage? Housing and Retail storage I think were being put in those new buildings

Digital ordering boards (like McD’s) pay by card and collect after the game’s over.
Would love these in the concourse areas as touchscreen stadium map, upcoming news, matchday facts and matchday advertisements. Think I've said this already to club but cant mind

I love seeing stuff like this. I find myself as excited about stuff like this at our wonderful stadium as exciting as new signings / season starting etc.
our home has been disgracefully ignored and mismanaged for years, yet it remains the best in the country by a country mile. Convinced with stuff like this and the upgrades to bar72 and the new sky lounge, we will once again have one of the leading stadiums in the uk and visiting European teams will once again be raving about the magical Ibrox.
not to mention the money we can all be pushing back into the club by spending in these areas on match days and non match days.
can only imagine the spine tingling moment we would all have when going to the fan zone or museum with our parents/uncles/grandfathers/kids etc. experiencing the history of the club that we have all shared together. Wonderful.

Il be honest in that I always wanted a walkway etc to be in front of our iconic main stand but understand with the road setup that may not be possible however the picture of a potential copland way and brand new edmiston house/fan hub complex look tremendous.

Wont say Im not excited, love seeing stuff like this.

feel a bit more comfortable with us potentially selling part of the albion car park if its going to help finance this redevelopment as it doesnt look as if it will be cheap.

Well done Rangers on thinking big.
Think the club wanted to upgrade the front. But gcc have put a stop on this with the the 25 year lease. Plans actually make sense. The amount of space we have around the 3 other stands is substantial, and fans were always saying they were not up keeping with our main stand... The way I see it is we are getting first class facilities that will be befitting of our great club and the Tim's have got a fkn graveyard :)

Think the club wanted to upgrade the front. But gcc have put a stop on this with the the 25 year lease. Plans actually make sense. The amount of space we have around the 3 other stands is substantial, and fans were always saying they were not up keeping with our main stand... The way I see it is we are getting first class facilities that will be befitting of our great club and the Tim's have got a fkn graveyard :)

Agree with much of what you say however with the taxpayers money GCC spent in and around the piggery including new fully lighted walkway and improved footprint and road structure, the area around the sty if we are being honest is more aesthetically pleasing than what is around our stadium.

The development of the edmiston house/copland way area will hopefully address that.

Will be interesting to see what happens with present Belfast store. Will Castore take over lease if lease is in Elites name?
Was in Belfast City centre this morning and had look in the stores window and it's still fully stocked. Suppose it will re-open if go ahead given for last months of the contract.

Would love to see something like this come to fruition.

Where will the players park though? :oops:

Would love to see something like this come to fruition.

Where will the players park though? :oops:
Wish we had the space in the stands to do a players car entrance like they have at Porto's ground for instance. But unfortunately we don't. Club will have to be creative here

Will be interesting to see what happens with present Belfast store. Will Castore take over lease if lease is in Elites name?
Was in Belfast City centre this morning and had look in the stores window and it's still fully stocked. Suppose it will re-open if go ahead given for last months of the contract.

I’m pretty sure Castore have overall ambitions for 10 stores around the UK. I think Belfast was actually mentioned by one of lads when they were doing the interviews. I’d imagine they would just take over the lease of the current store as it’s in a good location.

For nostalgia I would love the shop to return to its original spot in Ann Street. What a store that was, had everything.

Back