Rangers minor interest in bringing Windass back on loan

Record says Wigan are looking to sell and would take 500k. Interestingly, teams being linked with him are further up the table... Forest, Cardiff and Bristol City.

A large percentage against lower league teams?

75% of them were against Premier League teams!

Not quite debunking anything are you?

He scored exactly the same amount against top 6 sides in that season.
Surely in the interests of fairness you must admit that a 'large percentage' were against the best sides in the country?

I'm not sure why someone who watches every game would be unaware of or deliberately ignore a 'large percentage' of his goals.
Give it a rest, you made a lady's front bottom of it by not reading correctly what I actually said, before calling me a liar and trying to belittle me. Rather cunty behaviour imo.

So yes debunked the fact you got it wrong in that I claimed majority of his goals came against lower league opponents- this is what debunked means, right?

He scored 5 of his goals, almost one third, against teams from 3rd tier or below. I classed that as a large %, you obviously disagree.

The issue I have here is that.

he wasn’t as bad as people make out

he plays that position that we are crying out for

he is 2 years older so could have matured a bit

just that niggling doubt that he isn’t the answer

A large percentage against lower league teams?

75% of them were against Premier League teams!

Not quite debunking anything are you?

He scored exactly the same amount against top 6 sides in that season.
Surely in the interests of fairness you must admit that a 'large percentage' were against the best sides in the country?

I'm not sure why someone who watches every game would be unaware of or deliberately ignore a 'large percentage' of his goals.

Goals and games against top six in 2017-18 season:

1 goal in 5 vs. Celtic
1 goal in 3 vs. Aberdeen
2 goals in 4 vs. Hibs
0 in 3 vs. Killie
1 in 4 vs. Hearts

5 goals in 19 against the top six.

A sign that he could score against the best in the league, but not regularly, consistently or powerfully enough for it to make a difference to a season where we bombed out of Europe against a part-time team from Luxembourg, the Scottish cup in a hammering from Celtic, Motherwell in the League Cup (he didn't score against them all season, either) and ultimately finished third in the league.

3QvDkx.gif

Give it a rest, you made a lady's front bottom of it by not reading correctly what I actually said, before calling me a liar and trying to belittle me. Rather cunty behaviour imo.

So yes debunked the fact you got it wrong in that I claimed majority of his goals came against lower league opponents- this is what debunked means, right?

He scored 5 of his goals, almost one third, against teams from 3rd tier or below. I classed that as a large %, you obviously disagree.
Oh I'm sorry princess, I thought you were ok with belittling folk, after all you did suggest I was deluded and you are entirely comfortable with calling Josh Windass "shite".
Also let me apologise for my use of the word 'majority' which has clearly upset you.
I wrongly assumed that by large percentage, you meant more than the rest.
I certainly wouldn't have taken 5 out of 19 as being a large amount, that is perhaps down to my lack of understanding as to why the other 14 goals were just dismissed and not getting why the exact same percentage against the top 6 sides didn't seem to merit you giving them a mention.

I would have thought a fan who watched every game would have seen the overwhelming majority of his goals as being more worthy of being spoken about.
Obviously you'd rather take a sample of 2 cup games in which he scored those goals as your sample, I'd rather go with his league campaign where he was 3rd highest scorer.
Not bad for a shite player.

Oh I'm sorry princess, I thought you were ok with belittling folk, after all you did suggest I was deluded and you are entirely comfortable with calling Josh Windass "shite".
Also let me apologise for my use of the word 'majority' which has clearly upset you.
I wrongly assumed that by large percentage, you meant more than the rest.
I certainly wouldn't have taken 5 out of 19 as being a large amount, that is perhaps down to my lack of understanding as to why the other 14 goals were just dismissed and not getting why the exact same percentage against the top 6 sides didn't seem to merit you giving them a mention.

I would have thought a fan who watched every game would have seen the overwhelming majority of his goals as being more worthy of being spoken about.
Obviously you'd rather take a sample of 2 cup games in which he scored those goals as your sample, I'd rather go with his league campaign where he was 3rd highest scorer.
Not bad for a shite player.
Aye ok smarmy bastart, goodbye

Goals and games against top six in 2017-18 season:

1 goal in 5 vs. Celtic
1 goal in 3 vs. Aberdeen
2 goals in 4 vs. Hibs
0 in 3 vs. Killie
1 in 4 vs. Hearts

5 goals in 19 against the top six.

A sign that he could score against the best in the league, but not regularly, consistently or powerfully enough for it to make a difference to a season where we bombed out of Europe against a part-time team from Luxembourg, the Scottish cup in a hammering from Celtic, Motherwell in the League Cup (he didn't score against them all season, either) and ultimately finished third in the league.
I'd argue that it's a good record when you consider just how poor we were.

As you've mentioned, we finished 3rd, mauled by the filth, embarrassed by motherwell and progres.
Yet he still scored more league goals than Dembele, Griffiths, Edouard, Forrest or Sinclair did in a team that won the league by miles.

Again, I'd like to repeat that I'm really not sure whether him coming back is a good idea but I just can't be as dismissive as some are of his record for us.

I'd argue that it's a good record when you consider just how poor we were.

As you've mentioned, we finished 3rd, mauled by the filth, embarrassed by motherwell and progres.
Yet he still scored more league goals than Dembele, Griffiths, Edouard, Forrest or Sinclair did in a team that won the league by miles.

Again, I'd like to repeat that I'm really not sure whether him coming back is a good idea but I just can't be as dismissive as some are of his record for us.

No, I'd argue that his inability to consistently score goals that made a difference to games is one of the reasons that we had such a poor season. The majority of his claim to fame on here was built based upon his goals in games against Fraserburgh, Ayr, Hamilton and Thistle.

There's a reason Gerrard shipped him out, punted him to a struggling Championship side and accepted next to nothing for him.

No, I'd argue that his inability to consistently score goals that made a difference to games is one of the reasons that we had such a poor season. The majority of his claim to fame on here was built based upon his goals in games against Fraserburgh, Ayr, Hamilton and Thistle.

There's a reason Gerrard shipped him out, punted him to a struggling Championship side and accepted next to nothing for him.
Even though Morelos was our striker and only managed 2 more league goals?

'Next to nothing' was £2million if I'm right.
He's been our biggest sale since Jelavic left for Everton.

Even though Morelos was our striker and only managed 2 more league goals?

'Next to nothing' was £2million if I'm right.
He's been our biggest sale since Jelavic left for Everton.

I don't know what the "Even though" is in reply to, but it's worth remembering that Jason Cummings was preferred to Morelos for parts of that season. Hard to imagine now, of course, but Morelos' contribution to that season wasn't exactly outstanding, either.

The final fee was never released, but 2 million may be about right. Still significantly less than the numbers being bandied about on here for him and being the biggest sale since Jelavic is a fairly dubious honour given that he was almost immediately pre-admin and Windass was signed upon our return to the top flight.

I don't know what the "Even though" is in reply to, but it's worth remembering that Jason Cummings was preferred to Morelos for parts of that season. Hard to imagine now, of course, but Morelos' contribution to that season wasn't exactly outstanding, either.

The final fee was never released, but 2 million may be about right. Still significantly less than the numbers being bandied about on here for him and being the biggest sale since Jelavic is a fairly dubious honour given that he was almost immediately pre-admin and Windass was signed upon our return to the top flight.
It was in reply to you saying he didn't score consistently enough against the top 6 or when it mattered.

Jason Cummings played only 312 minutes of league football that season, so he wasn't preferred to Morelos much at all.

Windass had a better minutes per goal record than both strikers in spite of not playing as a striker.
Without going through the whole squad, I'd imagine he scored more consistently than anyone else.

It was in reply to you saying he didn't score consistently enough against the top 6 or when it mattered.

Jason Cummings played only 312 minutes of league football that season, so he wasn't preferred to Morelos much at all.

Windass had a better minutes per goal record than both strikers in spite of not playing as a striker.
Without going through the whole squad, I'd imagine he scored more consistently than anyone else.

Morelos didn't score much against the top six either. The reference to Cummings was used an an example to indicate that Morelos was, once upon a time, nowhere near the striker that he now is. Windass scoring more goals than him in that season was really not a big deal at all given that he was a young man in his first season in a new club in a foreign country.

Windass probably did score more consistently than other members of the team, but again, you're comparing players who were responsible for one of the most wretched seasons in our history, so it's really not a viable comparison.

Morelos didn't score much against the top six either. The reference to Cummings was used an an example to indicate that Morelos was, once upon a time, nowhere near the striker that he now is. Windass scoring more goals than him in that season was really not a big deal at all given that he was a young man in his first season in a new club in a foreign country.

Windass probably did score more consistently than other members of the team, but again, you're comparing players who were responsible for one of the most wretched seasons in our history, so it's really not a viable comparison.
I'm basing on what he did before that he could offer a goal threat from midfield in a team that is ten times better than the one he played in previously.

Watty posted earlier that Windass didn't score at all in his first season, but he managed 18 in his second in all competitions. That coincides with the arrival of Morelos and I don't think it's too much of a stretch to say they must have worked quite well together being that they were 2nd and 3rd top goalscorers respectively, with neither being a penalty taker.

I'd like to see us add something of a goal threat from midfield, whether that's Windass or not I don't know but we can't keep being so reliant on Alfie, the last 3 games have shown that we really need another option.

A definite no for me. We need players who are going to work their arses off till the end of the season, not a guy who swanned about thinking he was Messi.

Back