Rangers minor interest in bringing Windass back on loan

Surely would have been brought back before the dubai camp as we would have known about Morelos being suspended
Maybe the last two games have shown we need something a bit different if Alfie isn't available?

Steven Gerrard tested Josh’s mentality and Josh failed the test. Can’t see there being a way back, nor should there be.

A player like him between the middle and front men would be good for games at home but just can't see it.
No it wouldn't, a goalscoring Arfield is the level! If it's not Arfield then the calibre you are looking for is not a bit part player for a relegation certainty

Would take him over barker or Ojo probably
He's much better than both, but his attitude is pretty poor. Pretty much thinks if you've never played the game you don't have a right to tell players what to do (Beale would be ignored by him), and he left because we accepted a measly £2.5m for him. He thought he was worth more.

His interview with Si Ferry made me go from liking him to thinking he was a bit of a dick and glad he was sold. As 3rd choice striker he would be decent, but his ego probably wouldn't accept that.

I think I'll be in the minority but I'd take him to be honest. As a back up option until summer, hes someone who could score a few goals. Right now Alfie and Defoe are our only goal threats

Gets goals from midfield, which we sorely lack. His attitude is honking by all accounts. But is he any worse than barker?

Low risk loan could be a shout.

According to Football Stewart on patreon... Reckons one player will come in but no idea who.

56536c69f7.png
Really can’t see it. Too many players ahead of Windass in this position. We need another striker imo

That might be it, so random but on loan why not
It would be a loan until the end of the season.
Knows the club and the league and will surely know how big a chance it is to get a second bite at it.
There's every chance we've looked around and can't get a deal done elsewhere.

Wouldn’t be my first choice but I think he would definitely fit into the way we play now and would be a better better option than Barker definitely, Ojo possibly and with Jones struggling for game time to try and recapture his early season form it could possibly work. Windlass’s biggest problem is he listens to his dad too much.
Anyway whoever comes in I’ll trust Stevie‘s judgment on a playe.

So Gerrard is interested in a player that has scored 4 goals this season, and started less than half of mighty Wigan’s games? Right. Surely it is time for instigating lifetime bans on posters that start these or the Kenny Miller type threads. They may not be tims, but they are certainly show themselves too dumb to be allowed to contribute to football discussions!

Highly doubt this. But Gerrard wasn’t happy about him being let go at the time. Showed glimpses what he was capable off.

So we let him go, a year and a half passes and we have a lot more money and higher quality of player, whilst he has went to Wigan and hardly set the heather on fire.

Why exactly would we be interested?

He's much better than both, but his attitude is pretty poor. Pretty much thinks if you've never played the game you don't have a right to tell players what to do (Beale would be ignored by him), and he left because we accepted a measly £2.5m for him. He thought he was worth more.

His interview with Si Ferry made me go from liking him to thinking he was a bit of a dick and glad he was sold. As 3rd choice striker he would be decent, but his ego probably wouldn't accept that.
Over inflated ego we sold him for 2.5 million and Wigan want to sell him for 500k he's not got the right mentality to make it at any decent level

He’s miles away from what we need. Has absolutely no decent work rate without the ball.

Simply can't see this happening. The fact we willingly let him go speaks volumes, then he was on Open Goal saying how raging Gerrard was he left (nonsense) and then he hasn't been great at Wigan either.

I’m sure @ID10 said he had a rumour that would start ww3, firstly have I got you mixed up with someone else and secondly... was it this? o_O

If you offered me Naismith or Windass on loan for six months I would seriously be considering Naismith. And I can't stand that rat bastard.

No possible way this can happen.

Not the right attitude or bottle for a club of our stature, defo not a Gerard player.... no thanks

Surely no chance of this happening. Definitely a talented boy but very questionable attitude.

His song was brilliant to be fair. One of my proudests moments was starting it up in a Leipzig pub before the friendly
Absolutely zero chance of this happening. Nowhere near the standard we have now!!

Back