Rangers minor interest in bringing Windass back on loan

A confident player who looked to shoot may help bring goals but I can't see the manager tolerating him.

Can’t see it, I think his attitude is the issue.
Will he be prepared to commit 100% to the team ethic and keep off social media, he had his chances he

According to Football Stewart on patreon... Reckons one player will come in but no idea who.

56536c69f7.png
Are you havin’ a giraffe?

I have, and in my opinion our midfield didn't have a player who unlocks stubborn defences. Stewart can be that player but I also think Allan can be as well. If Gerrard thought Allan could be better than Stewart then I'm for it it. I do t care about the past, 55 is all that matters so I'd be for it if it happened.

The problem with Allan for me, apart from the obvious, is when our team are out of possession, they work like %^*& to win the ball back as quickly as possible and show remarkable levels of fitness.

Allan simply doesn't have that level of attitude or fitness.

If you remember the pre Xmas game at Easter Rd, he couldn't get near our midfield mate and looked totally out his depth, resulting in him being substituted early in the 2nd half.

There's a reason he's playing for a mid table team.

The problem with Allan for me, apart from the obvious, is when our team are out of possession, they work like %^*& to win the ball back as quickly as possible and show remarkable levels of fitness.

Allan simply doesn't have that level of attitude or fitness.

If you remember the pre Xmas game at Easter Rd, he couldn't get near our midfield mate and looked totally out his depth, resulting in him being substituted early in the 2nd half.

There's a reason he's playing for a mid table team.
Very true, my opinion is based on the fact he has talent and if the unlikely happened Gerrard would sort that side of his game out to the benefit of the team. I'd also like to think from an attitude perspective he would see this as the chance he shouldn't have and bust a gut to make it up to us for 1. Not holding out to sign for us and 2. Acting like an idiot when playing against us for Hibs.
Just my opinion which I know isn't popular so to the other poster calling me a 'dafty' give it a rest eh.

And to add as this is a Windass thread, if he also sorted his attitude for the benefit of the team and Gerrard wanted him I'd support it. Decent player on his game, I'd hope he's matured a bit though.

Very true, my opinion is based on the fact he has talent and if the unlikely happened Gerrard would sort that side of his game out to the benefit of the team. I'd also like to think from an attitude perspective he would see this as the chance he shouldn't have and bust a gut to make it up to us for 1. Not holding out to sign for us and 2. Acting like an idiot when playing against us for Hibs.
Just my opinion which I know isn't popular so to the other poster calling me a 'dafty' give it a rest eh.

I agree with you Boab. Work-rate is just assumed under Gerrard so IF he was interested he must think he can get him to do that side of the game. Allen is a tidy player who is too good for Hibs and Davis isn't going to be around forever.

If he arrived, admitted he made a mistake years ago and got his head down he could be a very good player for us. You'd think there would be no-one more desperate to show them what he can do.

Windass, when on form, would flourish in one of those twin No 10 positions we have. But he's also got a huge ego and it's extremely worrying that A) Wigan would let him go so easily and B) his value has actually decreased.

With both it's a case of in Gerrard we trust.

I would be extremely disappointed if the club decided to approach Scott Allan at any point in the future.

I can’t see it happening though. The club had an opportunity to sign Naismith and they knew the majority of the supporters wouldn’t accept it so they let it pass.

Scott Allan is currently living through his own karma due to his personal choices and possible poor advice. Long may it continue.

We should be no one’s second choice or last resort. Especially a so called Rangers Supporter.

The boy deserves to live with the regret that no doubt occupies his mind on a daily basis.

28 years old and 200 appearances as a professional footballer says it all.

Last edited:
Please no. Not good enough. Attitude stinks.

We have moved on significantly since the days of his type of signing.

Imo that wee c*nt should be no where near our club. He's burnt his bridges
Usually I'd agree on this basis but I liked him as a player before and still do. Id accept anything to get 55 and support Gerrard 100% so if he did go for him then I'd be for it. 55 is all that matters not what's happened before.

I agree with you Boab. Work-rate is just assumed under Gerrard so IF he was interested he must think he can get him to do that side of the game. Allen is a tidy player who is too good for Hibs and Davis isn't going to be around forever.

If he arrived, admitted he made a mistake years ago and got his head down he could be a very good player for us. You'd think there would be no-one more desperate to show them what he can do.

Windass, when on form, would flourish in one of those twin No 10 positions we have. But he's also got a huge ego and it's extremely worrying that A) Wigan would let him go so easily and B) his value has actually decreased.

With both it's a case of in Gerrard we trust.

Davis is in far better physical shape than Allan mate and has played at the highest level.

Allan is no promising youngster (28 I think) and has peaked at a mid table SPL club.

He couldn't get close to a game for an nferior Celtic midfield, so he won't be getting close to our's.

As I said previously, Windass had an excellent goalscoring and assists record for us, (even more impressive because we were shite) but there were huge attitude problems and attitude is a major issue with Gerrard.

I just can't see it happening.

Even someone as daft as him must realise now he made the biggest mistake of his life choosing to leave.
Gerrard and the coaching staff rated him he wasn't forced out the door he was given the choice. The coaching he would've received could've helped reach his potential.

In isolation having Windass wouldn't be the worse addition as he did break down a few stubborn defences like we are struggling with now but he would be no more than a sub. Can you imagine though he was the only addition during the transfer window? Not sure that would send out the right message for winning the title.

Davis is in far better physical shape than Allan mate and has played at the highest level.

Allan is no promising youngster (28 I think) and has peaked at a mid table SPL club.

He couldn't get close to a game for an nferior Celtic midfield, so he won't be getting close to our's.

As I said previously, Windass had an excellent goalscoring and assists record for us, (even more impressive because we were shite) but there were huge attitude problems and attitude is a major issue with Gerrard.

I just can't see it happening.

I totally agree that Davis is another level to Allen. And at 28 you're probably right but I still have this (perhaps idiotic) view that he has untapped potential. Maybe i'm putting too much faith in our coaching team. IF it is true that there have been informal chats then what are they seeing that you, and many others, aren't?

I think it's harsh to say he couldn't get into Celtic's midfield when I don't think Rodgers had any desire to play him at all, he was bought purely out of spite.

Certainly out of left field and a massive gamble given his 'heart of a mouse' attitude. As he said in his Open Goal interview he doesn't really listen to coaches and does his own thing on the pitch. SG won't tolerate that.

I'd rather stick with what we have.

Even someone as daft as him must realise now he made the biggest mistake of his life choosing to leave.
Gerrard and the coaching staff rated him he wasn't forced out the door he was given the choice. The coaching he would've received could've helped reach his potential.
It may be semantics, but that isn’t quite the recollection I have. My recollection (I may be wrong) is that Windass was a bit surprised and disappointed that Gerrard accepted an offer for him. Yes he was theoretically given a “choice” but when your manager comes to you and says he has accepted an offer and you are now free to talk to the other club, I am not sure how real the “choice” is. The writing is on the wall for you at that point.

It may be semantics, but that isn’t quite the recollection I have. My recollection (I may be wrong) is that Windass was a bit surprised and disappointed that Gerrard accepted an offer for him. Yes he was theoretically given a “choice” but when your manager comes to you and says he has accepted an offer and you are now free to talk to the other club, I am not sure how real the “choice” is. The writing is on the wall for you at that point.
The board accepted the offer.

The board accepted the offer.
I don’t want to argue with you and it isn’t a big deal either way. But I don’t believe the board accepted an offer without Gerrard’s backing. If Gerrard had felt strongly about wanting Windass to stay then I am pretty sure all he needed to do was say that to the board and Windass would have stayed. The board and Gerrard seem to operate hand in glove and I don’t think Gerrard has had anything other than 100% backing in all his transfer dealings.

Is Halliday , Polster , Flanagan , Stewart , Ojo or Jones really Rangers quality ? Sometimes you need to accept we can’t attract the players we used to.
Stewart and Jones still to prove themselves and Polster has never been given a real chance. Time for Halliday (sadly), Flanagan, Barker and Ojo to go.

I don’t want to argue with you and it isn’t a big deal either way. But I don’t believe the board accepted an offer without Gerrard’s backing. If Gerrard had felt strongly about wanting Windass to stay then I am pretty sure all he needed to do was say that to the board and Windass would have stayed. The board and Gerrard seem to operate hand in glove and I don’t think Gerrard has had anything other than 100% backing in all his transfer dealings.
The board accepted it.He was had a meeting with Gerrard told the board accepted it but was up to him.He was in squad for game that night.
He thought he was worth more than what they accepted also wasn't happy that Gerrard was going to use him out wide as he seen himself through the middle. That's the way he described what happened. He was given the choice he chose to leave.

I've watched Windass quite a few times in Wigan games and he's no better now than he was when Gerrard offloaded him.

Is this the WW3 interest ?

'HE'S RELENTLESS' Rangers boss Steven Gerrard heaps praise on Hearts skipper Steven Naismith
  • Kenny MacDonald
  • 26 Jan 2020, 8:15
  • Updated: 26 Jan 2020, 8:16
RANGERS boss Steven Gerrard has paid tribute to Hearts skipper Steven Naismith — after his Merseyside run-ins with the Jambos frontman.
Naismith will be a key man today as the Gers travel to Tynecastle and Gerrard said: “We’ve had a few run-ins on the pitch.
Rangers boss Steven Gerrard on the training fieldCredit: Willie Vass - The Sun
“He’s a fiery character, a busy player who’s always looking to be in the final third to try and create and score.
“Every time I’ve come up against him, as a player or as a coach, he’s certainly someone you have to make the players aware of.
“The Liverpool-Everton derby games were right up his street and right up my street. We were two fiery characters on a football pitch, so it was absolutely standard if there was a run-in.
“He’s the type of player you could wipe out — either accidentally, or meaning to do it — and after the game he’d shake your hand and move on.
The pair had their share of battles on the pitchCredit: AFP
“That’s the way I try to be and that’s the way it should be.
“It’s in his make-up to put pressure on the opposition. He’s relentless.
“The one thing that’s certain is that Hearts are a different team with him playing. He brings a lot of energy and gives them a goal threat.”

I thought he left on good terms with Gerrard?
But I don't believe he will be back at Rangers

If my Granny and Windass went in for a 50/50 tackle I would put money on my Granny coming out with the ball.

He wouldn’t get near our strongest 11 but would be a good player to come off the bench. He would be our biggest goal scoring threat after Morelos and Defoe.

Our coaching staff have improved quite a few of our players individually, if they could get Windass working more off the ball, he could have a big impact. I think he’d provide a high number of assists for AM and JD.

Back