Rangers monitoring Ligue 1 striker according to French press

dh1963

Administrator
Staff member
Official Ticketer
Rangers are monitoring former France U-20 star Serhou Guirassy, according to reports.

French newspaper The Courrier Picard claims the Light Blues have scouted the 23-year-old Amiens forward this season.

He’s bagged four goals in 13 Ligue 1 games in 2019/20.

And Guirassy is also attracting transfer interest from clubs in Spain and England, including Brendan Rodgers’ Leicester City.

The Foxes are said to have watched the target man in October along with Italian outfits Roma, Bologna and Chievo.

The striker joined Amiens permanently from German side Koln in a £5million deal this summer and is under contract until 2022.

He made his senior breakthrough at Stade Lavallois before stints with Lille and Auxerre.

Steven Gerrard’s Gers are strong in the striking department, with Alfredo Morelos and Jermain Defoe on the books.

Defoe has struck 13 times in 22 games this season while El Buffalo is still the main man at Ibrox, with a stunning 25 goals in 30 appearances.

Last month Gerrard said he wouldn’t sell Morelos for £50m.

The Colombian international went past Celtic legend Henrik Larsson’s Scottish record of 12-Euro goals in one season with a deadly double against Feyenoord.

Gerrard said: “If you give the Buff that kind of service, he’ll get you goals – it’s a simple as that.

“There was none of that service around in the first half, not enough in the box.

“The second was similar, only that it was an out-swinging cross. Arguably second header better than first.

“That’s what he’s about. Two fantastic goals.”

Gers slipped up in the Scottish Premiership last night with a 2-2 draw against Aberdeen at Pittodrie and Gerrard accused his players of failing to handle the pressure.

The Liverpool legend also revealed ref John Beaton apologised for denying Morelos a certain spot-kick.

Gerrard said: “It’s 100% a penalty. I’m surprised it’s not given as the referee is three yards away and looking right at it.

“He has seen it since and agrees it is a blatant penalty he has missed.

“I have to be very careful what I say, obviously. But I don’t think there will be a more disappointed person outside of Rangers tonight than John.

He has just explained to me that he got it wrong, right in front of his eyes, and there is no excuse. There is nothing more I can say on it to be honest.

“Did he apologise? Yes. I went to see him after the game.”

4 goals in 13 Ligue games doesn’t suggest he’d be what we’d need if/when Alfie moves on.

Alfies a cut above this guy.

Like Cuellar was a cut above Bougherra, and then after a couple of good performances the latter was suddenly the most cultured center half in Britain. Or when Boumsong was irreplaceable but then Barry and Buffel came along and transformed the team.

We're operating a selling model and some folk need to get used to that fact. So tiresome coming on here to see folk shit on everything the club does, even if it's a rumour in the French press.

Friend who is a scout for Bordeaux view;

Dont think he's worth it. Amiens is probably going to ask for 4~6m€, and I think he would probably be a sub for rangers, no more

Rangers are monitoring former France U-20 star Serhou Guirassy, according to reports.

French newspaper The Courrier Picard claims the Light Blues have scouted the 23-year-old Amiens forward this season.

He’s bagged four goals in 13 Ligue 1 games in 2019/20.

And Guirassy is also attracting transfer interest from clubs in Spain and England, including Brendan Rodgers’ Leicester City.

The Foxes are said to have watched the target man in October along with Italian outfits Roma, Bologna and Chievo.

The striker joined Amiens permanently from German side Koln in a £5million deal this summer and is under contract until 2022.

He made his senior breakthrough at Stade Lavallois before stints with Lille and Auxerre.

Steven Gerrard’s Gers are strong in the striking department, with Alfredo Morelos and Jermain Defoe on the books.

Defoe has struck 13 times in 22 games this season while El Buffalo is still the main man at Ibrox, with a stunning 25 goals in 30 appearances.

Last month Gerrard said he wouldn’t sell Morelos for £50m.

The Colombian international went past Celtic legend Henrik Larsson’s Scottish record of 12-Euro goals in one season with a deadly double against Feyenoord.

Gerrard said: “If you give the Buff that kind of service, he’ll get you goals – it’s a simple as that.

“There was none of that service around in the first half, not enough in the box.

“The second was similar, only that it was an out-swinging cross. Arguably second header better than first.

“That’s what he’s about. Two fantastic goals.”

Gers slipped up in the Scottish Premiership last night with a 2-2 draw against Aberdeen at Pittodrie and Gerrard accused his players of failing to handle the pressure.

The Liverpool legend also revealed ref John Beaton apologised for denying Morelos a certain spot-kick.

Gerrard said: “It’s 100% a penalty. I’m surprised it’s not given as the referee is three yards away and looking right at it.

“I have to be very careful what I say, obviously. But I don’t think there will be a more disappointed person outside of Rangers tonight than John.

He has just explained to me that he got it wrong, right in front of his eyes, and there is no excuse. There is nothing more I can say on it to be honest.

“Did he apologise? Yes. I went to see him after the game.”

The Courrier Picard? Make it so.

Last edited:
Can't get excited about 23yo French strikers. 4 goals in 13 matches, pfft. Get scouts down to South America and find another 18 or 19 year old Alfredo! Guaranteed there is some frustrated kid in Argentina or Brazil, bemoaning his lack of opportunity, and thinking to himself if only I could get a European club then I'd show em all:))

Like Cuellar was a cut above Bougherra, and then after a couple of good performances the latter was suddenly the most cultured center half in Britain. Or when Boumsong was irreplaceable but then Barry and Buffel came along and transformed the team.

We're operating a selling model and some folk need to get used to that fact. So tiresome coming on here to see folk shit on everything the club does, even if it's a rumour in the French press.

Just give me a couple of examples where I shit over everything the club does.

Reading between the lines of your post you don’t seem to think there will be a problem replacing Morelos.

We're hardly going to get someone who bangs in 50 goals a season.

We’ve got two strikers currently who are both doing significantly better than a goal every three games. That’s the rate we’ll have to replace if we can.

And there’s a lot more to Alfie than just his goals.

Fwiw I agree wi what you say. It will be nigh on impossible to replace Morelos. I just don’t see this guy as a candidate. But if I knew what I was talking about I’d be managing Rangers ;)

Can't get excited about 23yo French strikers. 4 goals in 13 matches, pfft. Get scouts down to South America and find another 18 or 19 year old Alfredo! Guaranteed there is some frustrated kid in Argentina or Brazil, bemoaning his lack of opportunity, and thinking to himself if only I could get a European club then I'd show em all:))
If only it was that easy work permit issues would mean we would have no chance getting players directly from South America and Africa and the likes

Of course I expect us to be looking for potential replacements. My comment was in jest.

I just think we’ll really struggle to get the same value we did with Alfie, or someone quite as loveable.
That’s as certain as the sun rising in the East.
Maybe Aguero for £2m might prove me wrong.

One who's seen snow before?

This isnt football manager. The theory of bringing in brazilians is sound, but in practice hardly ever works out in the UK because of our harsh climate. Alfie demonstrated the mental resiliance to cope in Finland before coming to us. We're unlikely to just chuck a contract at a boca junior and hope for the best. 99% of the time they come out the airport like a scene from cool runnings!

His club just paid £5m for him in the summer. So either he’s flopped and they want him off the books or we would have to pay a price that’s over our budget.

In all seriousness he's not doing much the now I don't think since he left Morton.Club should be asking him to go and watch some games overseas to see if he can repeat that brilliant suggestion.

I have heard varying stories about who actually ID'd Alfie as a good signing to make.

was it defo JJ who recommended him to us?

If only it was that easy work permit issues would mean we would have no chance getting players directly from South America and Africa and the likes
im being honest and saying how do you get granted one ?, i only know them from Champ manager , i assumed you would have to have gained caps or meet certain criteria , but alfie only had u19 caps before Finland ? do they count. Usually a bit of a know it all for football but the application process for work permits , nada

I know it's about the signing but that is utter pish, I would have ripped the ref apart for that because it was a blatant "mistake"

need more "we hope to see a stronger ref" because they need pressure put on them as they aren't doing their job properly because they know we won't go after them like the sevco moonhowlers will

im being honest and saying how do you get granted one ?, i only know them from Champ manager , i assumed you would have to have gained caps or meet certain criteria , but alfie only had u19 caps before Finland ? do they count. Usually a bit of a know it all for football but the application process for work permits , nada
Work permit laws are different for each nation finlands probably aren't as strict as ours and he has to play a certain % of games for his national team to be eligible for us but that usually means we would be priced out of a move usually

Back