Merch 1st ever Rangers News front page poster

mdingwall

Administrator
Last edited:
Used to get it back in the 80s when I grew out of the beano, the nutty and Roy of the Rovers.

Great stuff. Was anyone else in the Young Rangers Supporters Club? Couple of badges and your name in the snooze on your birthday I think.

I was on holiday with my parents at the southern end of the Mull of Kyntyre. My dad drove about 30 miles or so to Campbelltown, so that I could get the first edition and I still have it.

I was wearing a cracking t-shirt too, "We are The People" at the top, with two red lions supporting a ball, below. I was and still am, staunch. :)

Used to get it back in the 80s when I grew out of the beano, the nutty and Roy of the Rovers.

Great stuff. Was anyone else in the Young Rangers Supporters Club? Couple of badges and your name in the snooze on your birthday I think.
That's right, I loved it then go and get it on Thursday lunchtime take it back into school to read in the afternoon.

I wonder if Waddell had stayed longer as manager would that have impacted the club differently later on. His success was more or less immediate and apparently he was a man of stature and, in common with all the great managers of his time, with a vision for the club itself and not just the team. I say all this as someone who admires Jock Wallace, but the depth of Waddell's coaching comes across now and again as being fairly good.

Back