Rangers Number - Change of Owner

Valley Bluenose

RTV? Completed it mate!
Strange one this. Years ago my Mrs registered with Rangers so she could buy me match tickets, tours etc as 'surprise' presents, since I don't get to Ibrox much these days just a handful of times a season Independently I later started a RangersTV subscription.

With MyGers arriving and me pondering joining I'd obviously like my RangersTV subscription and her match purchase history to be combined in some way to boost my points.

Do you reckon its possible to change the name associated with her Rangers Number to mine? She's able to change the email address linked to her rangers Number to mine online but that's about it. I can easily start a new Rangers Account in my own name but I'd lose her purchase history.

I've emailed the Ticket Centre but they are , obviously and understandably, swamped with season ticket business right now.

An unusual problem but maybe someone's been through similar in the past. Thanks guys (and gals).

Strange one this. Years ago my Mrs registered with Rangers so she could buy me match tickets, tours etc as 'surprise' presents, since I don't get to Ibrox much these days just a handful of times a season Independently I later started a RangersTV subscription.

With MyGers arriving and me pondering joining I'd obviously like my RangersTV subscription and her match purchase history to be combined in some way to boost my points.

Do you reckon its possible to change the name associated with her Rangers Number to mine? She's able to change the email address linked to her Rangers Number to mine online but that's about it. I can easily start a new Rangers Account in my own name but I'd lose her purchase history.

I've emailed the Ticket Centre but they are , obviously and understandably, swamped with season ticket business right now.

An unusual problem but maybe someone's been through similar in the past. Thanks guys (and gals).
I would be very surprised. It may be genuine in your case but would open the gates to all sorts of transfers to gain points in the new scheme.

Worth asking though

I've had my season ticket for over 30 years and it's never been in my name.As long as your address is the same i can't see it being a problem

I've had my season ticket for over 30 years and it's never been in my name.As long as your address is the same i can't see it being a problem
This will be next on the list of things that will be targeted as it breached T&C they issued that out lay year that only the person who owns the ticket should be using it

I have a similar issue. Last season, just before the deadline I bought the renewal of a friend's brother's season ticket. The CCCS was my on my credit card, everything was changed to my address, but, the Rangers number was the existing one of the original one of the previous season ticket. *

At the same time, I joined the travel club, on my own Rangers number with all previous STs / tickets / subscriptions. I am wondering if there was a way of combining the two, before joining myGers / renewing etc.

I tried emailing the ticket centre, etc, but, haven't been able to get a response, which is perhaps understandable with current situation and being snowed under with all renewal enquiries.

edit: *It also got put onto my name later into the season, but I now seem to have two separate Rangers numbers.

Friend’s boy had the use of someone else’s ST the last two seasons, paid for all the additional home games etc. He plans on getting his own ST this year as the person wants it back. He’s already joined MyGers and asked for the purchase history on that account for the last two years to be transferred to his, was told no chance. That was the chance he took I guess but the person that’s not gone for the last two seasons will get the credit for what he spent.

Do you reckon its possible to change the name associated with her Rangers Number to mine? She's able to change the email address linked to her Rangers Number to mine online but that's about it. I can easily start a new Rangers Account in my own name but I'd lose her purchase history.

I’ve got the same issue and had hoped to change the name but as highlighted, understand this may be tricky.

I know a couple of folk who have taken on season tickets that belonged to other people. Both of them managed to get the tickets transferred into their own names by explaining the circumstances to the ticket office.

I think in the most recent example the original ticket holder had to write a letter authorising the ticket to be changed to a different name.

I know a couple of folk who have taken on season tickets that belonged to other people. Both of them managed to get the tickets transferred into their own names by explaining the circumstances to the ticket office.

I think in the most recent example the original ticket holder had to write a letter authorising the ticket to be changed to a different name.

the name change isn’t the issue. The club don’t transfer the purchase history with it.

Just "be your wife". Should be seamless then.

will not be possible to combine numbers mate. Would open the floodgates for every father that’s bought there kids ticket the last 5 year.

Tbh mate in the grand scheme of things I would just keep your own account. If you’ve had RTV a few seasons already you’ll have a head start on most without a season book.

My season ticket is in my wife's name after a problem with my email ages ago. Anyway, I asked the ticket office a while ago and all they need is a written request to change ownership and think it costs £20, never actually got round to doing it.

Can you not just go to the my account part of rangers tv and where it says add rangers number put the one linked to the match purchases. Then when you buy tickets just pretend your her. It ends up the same other than the fact it’s in her name not yours. Or just start from scratch with your own rangers number

My season ticket is in my wife's name after a problem with my email ages ago. Anyway, I asked the ticket office a while ago and all they need is a written request to change ownership and think it costs £20, never actually got round to doing it.

Think that would just transfer it to your name for the current and future seasons. It wouldn’t transfer the points from previous seasons which would stay with the old number . Think the op wants to transfer the old points which even though in his case it’s genuine. It would be abused if allowed

Can you not just go to the my account part of Rangers tv and where it says add Rangers number put the one linked to the match purchases. Then when you buy tickets just pretend your her. It ends up the same other than the fact it’s in her name not yours. Or just start from scratch with your own Rangers number

Yeah, I’ve put HER Rangers Number on MY RangersTV Account. Not sure if that will work. I’m sure I will get a response from the Ticket Centre once they’ve cleared the more important season ticket stuff. I can wait a while. Just wondered if anyone had tried it in the past.

will not be possible to combine numbers mate. Would open the floodgates for every father that’s bought there kids ticket the last 5 year.

Tbh mate in the grand scheme of things I would just keep your own account. If you’ve had RTV a few seasons already you’ll have a head start on most without a season book.

You don’t get historic points for RTV. That’s only starting next season.

Yeah, I’ve put HER Rangers Number on MY RangersTV Account. Not sure if that will work. I’m sure I will get a response from the Ticket Centre once they’ve cleared the more important season ticket stuff. I can wait a while. Just wondered if anyone had tried it in the past.

Yeah you’ll get the rtv points for this year added on her rangers number

Friend’s boy had the use of someone else’s ST the last two seasons, paid for all the additional home games etc. He plans on getting his own ST this year as the person wants it back. He’s already joined MyGers and asked for the purchase history on that account for the last two years to be transferred to his, was told no chance. That was the chance he took I guess but the person that’s not gone for the last two seasons will get the credit for what he spent.

I can see both sides of that issue.

Shame from the point of view the fellas has been spending money on the club and won't get MyGers points for it.

However, that's one of the very reasons we need a membership scheme in the first place.

He's kinda circumvented the "waiting list" for a ST too and allowed his mate to keep his ticket when he should have dropped out of owning one to allow someone waiting for one to take his place.

No system is perfect and starting one up will always provide anomalies like VBs in the OP which is valid too.

I think we just need to accept a couple of years to get things going on it all.

Just to round off this thread for those who were asking similar questions.

Not unexpectedly, the answer from the Ticket Office was that I couldn't 'take over' my good lady's Rangers Account and get the benefit of her purchase history or get it transferred to a new Account in my name.

I thought that would be the end of it and I would simply go off and create my own Rangers Account. However, Andrew in the Ticket Office very kindly went to the bother of setting up an Account for me in my name before sending me the connected Rangers Number and suggesting I login with it and use the Forgotten Password facility. He had no need to do that and I would happily have set it all up myself. So a big thank you to him and the Ticket Office for doing that little bit extra when he needn't have, especially at what must be a very busy time for them.

And all sorted within a week of my email to them as well.

FF, as a body, seems to take great delight in criticising anything and everything the Club and its staff do so, in this case, even though its only a trivial matter, a little bit of deserved praise. If you are looking in Andrew, thank you.

I did a name transfer and it was sorted within 24 hours.

Never had any issue with the TO.

Back