Rangers on FM 2020

You’re probably bored of me always replying now :)) But I agree about keeping it simpler. It does take some getting used to but you need to think of the players as actual human beings. Every single line you see on your tactical style is something your player has to remember. If you have any individual instructions then they have to remember those too. Then if you set opposition instructions then there’s more they need to remember to apply! My current tactic has 20 instructions in my tactical style, there’s not a chance I would be able to remember them all if I was a player on top of everything else going on.

What you’ll find is that as the game progresses and your squad gets better (and also more familiar with your tactics) it’ll be easier for them to remember, and apply, their instructions. If you’re doing a lower league save or a save with a ‘bad’ team then you would definitely want to reduce the number of instructions you give the team.

It probably goes without saying but your pre-season friendlies are a great opportunity to play around with your tactics and remove/add/change some instructions to see what impact it has.
This has been my problem the last few fms. Playing it for so many years you think youve sussed it. But the game changes and gets more advanced as well. The game is so in depth now and its so easy to over complicate your tactics.

Iv gotten by the last few by buying the editor and scum saving the shit out of it to get the results i need but its boring af. Its like im having to learn the game all over again and im enjoying it much more. Having said that iv won 6/6 in the league so far, beaten AZ 3-0 at home in the first EL group game and just beaten Hearts in the league cup so i havent had the chance to get frustrated yet lol.

I've always played it on my laptop but was thinking Touch on the iPad.
Ah ok. Im not sure about that Ipad tbh as i havent played that version but im tempted as i like the touch version. From what i gather the £18 (i think) Ipad version is pretty much exactly like the Switch version. Exact same as PCs touch but you can only have 3 active leagues at a time.

Someone correct me if im wrong please lol

Playing 4 games in 7 days brilliant Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday
Iv only just realised you can set how intense the players training is depending on their condition, even if you have the assistant manager doing training sessions like i have. Players are way more rested now iv got them set at half intensity unless they are at 90% plus condition where iv set it at double to see what happens.

Get him sold for that. Kelly is better. Keep a hold of McPake, NYC & KRH though.

Got 10 for him and KRH. Once they know someone else is interested they want away, hoping better results in Europe will improve my reputation and I can keep my best youth.

Just topped the group with Juventus, Athletico and Shakthar in the Champions League as well. Forgot how much I loved this game!

I got the full game from “shopto”, it was £28.86. Cd keys never had any earlier and it’s the only was I could get it now. They give you a code straight away and it downloads on stream. Game and Argos have it for £19.99 but don’t seem to have it in stock or be able to deliver it to you.

Reached my first ever Football Manager CL Final Yesterday. Lost 11-10 on penalties after drawing 1-1 with Liverpool. Shattered.

Can’t recommend Sergio Gomez (Free transfer from Dortmund) enough, he hit over 30 assists last season with over 15 goals thrown in.

On another note, it's an unbelievably accurate game...

The mentally challengeds seem to get at least one penalty every week, We got a perfectly good equaliser chopped off in the LC Qtr Final & TLB comes out with classless comments before and after every OF game.

Not that i'm taking it too seriously or anything.

Honestly? Not really. Ryan Gauld becomes a decent squad midfield option but not much more and is usually on a free after his contract expires. Scott Banks is a good one too but if you’re on the January squads then he’ll be at Palace.

An outside punt is Michael Ruth. He scored for fun for Falkirk in the league and in Europe for multiple years in my save. He probably won’t scout well but is again another decent scouting option. I didn’t sign him but he would always score against me!

Ah well looks like I'll just have to develop my own long term, already improved my youth development twice. But my last youth intake was quite poor which was disappointing.

Ah well looks like I'll just have to develop my own long term, already improved my youth development twice. But my last youth intake was quite poor which was disappointing.
What I usually do is in the World section, there’s a Transfers tab and within that there’s a drop down to select recent youth intakes. The Scottish ones are usually about March time but in this year’s game they no longer have a set date so you need to check it regularly. Just set your scouts to scout any Scottish team’s players as soon as they appear and you should be able to pinch the good ones for buttons before they sign for the club they’re in the intake for.

Reached my first ever Football Manager CL Final Yesterday. Lost 11-10 on penalties after drawing 1-1 with Liverpool. Shattered.

Can’t recommend Sergio Gomez (Free transfer from Dortmund) enough, he hit over 30 assists last season with over 15 goals thrown in.
He’s unreal. I paid £12m for him to replace Aribo who I sold for £30m and he’s a massive upgrade.

Cheers lad, was hoping to play it the now, getting withdrawal symptoms already lol

I've just bought it on marketplace on Facebook, send the guy the money he sends the code and can play straight away. It was £25

I made a mess of my Rangers save in 2nd season so going to start with Rangers again. If anyone can be bothered, I'd appreciate an idea of any players to sign and half decent tactics to start off with. Also should I use the January transfer window update or can I roll it back to when game 1st came out to allow me to sign Trincao etc? Cheers in advance.

I also signed him on a free transfer, great player. How much did you pay him per week? I had to offer £50k, Bayern and Athletico were in for him too.

The following players have performed great for me:

Goalkeeper: Heinz Lindner, Josip Posavec & Alessandro Russo

Defenders: Jonjoe Kenny, Mateo Musacchio, Jetro Willems & Marvin Plattenhardt

Midfield: Amad Traore, Marius Wolf, Sebastian Vasiliadis, Erkan Eyibil, Tommy Doyle & Richard Sanchez

Forwards: Niclas Fulkrug, Dave de Meij & Ben Beechey

Currently on 4 in a row, 3 Scottish Cups & 3 League Cups. 2 seasons in a row getting out of my CL group (winning the group on one occasion) and reaching the quarter finals once

1-1 draw at the piggary won us the league. Barisic scored a screamer from just after the halfway line.

The following players have performed great for me:

Goalkeeper: Heinz Lindner, Josip Posavec & Alessandro Russo

Defenders: Jonjoe Kenny, Mateo Musacchio, Jetro Willems & Marvin Plattenhardt

Midfield: Amad Traore, Marius Wolf, Sebastian Vasiliadis, Erkan Eyibil, Tommy Doyle & Richard Sanchez

Forwards: Niclas Fulkrug, Dave de Meij & Ben Beechey

Currently on 4 in a row, 3 Scottish Cups & 3 League Cups. 2 seasons in a row getting out of my CL group (winning the group on one occasion) and reaching the quarter finals once

Have you not kept any Rangers players :))

Got Real Madrid in the quarter finals of the Euro Cup, been a good run in Europe but expecting to get put out after seeing some of the names in their team.

I also signed him on a free transfer, great player. How much did you pay him per week? I had to offer £50k, Bayern and Athletico were in for him too.

Originally he was on around £30k (could have been lower)

He’s £60k+ now after playing for Spain a few times and other bonuses. Well worth it as I’ll make more on his eventual transfer fees.

Signing James Milner in January for £1.8m on a two year deal, he’ll come in and be my highest earner on 85k a week but his mental attributes make that almost worth every penny! He’ll play a fair bit as his technicals and physicals are still at a high level and he’ll probably be my captain.

Been drawn against Barca in the CL round of 16 and they have Messi, Griezemann,Suarez, Sancho, Sane, Mane, De Jong, Ter Stegen, Pique, Umtitti, Angel Correa, James Rodriguez, Busquets, Azpilicueta and Aubameyang as just some of the names in their team.:eek:o_O

Why are my scouts recommending players at £50m when I have a budget of £1m?
Struggling to sign anyone and none of my players are going for decent money. January transfer window about to open in season 2.

My record v Scum, is something like won 16, drawn 1 and lost 2. Scum have finished at least 15 points (sometimes 27 points) behind me in the league and yet Lennon still doesnt get sacked

Why are Juve called Zebre?
Something to do with licensing I’m sure I read, if you downloaded it through steam you can get workshop updates that sorts all the teams names to their more recognisable names (I’m sure Sociedad’s name is unusual on it also)

End of first season lost the league by 7 points 3 defeats by that mob not helping nor the blip of 3 defeats in 5 in the build upto the split.

Beat on penalties by Hearts in the semi of the league cup and just lost the scottish cup on penalties 9-8 Helander missed the crucial penalty after Borna sent a rocket in the top corner to draw me level at 3-3 in the 94th minute.

Disappointing but time to sell a few and rebuild going into my 2nd season.

Just finished 1st season with the treble. Celtic were utter gash, they lost 12 games and finished about 19 points behind. Started the season with a 4-4-2 diamond, sold all my wingers plus Arfield and bought in Gaich to partner Morelos up top, Nicholas De La Cruz in CM(absolute bargain at just over 4m and Lovro Majer to compete with Hagi for AM.

Started off well but goals etc dried up around november and started drawing loads and struggled to 1-0 wins etc so changed to 4-2-3-1 at new year, bought Weiss for about 500k and got Minamino on loan from Liverpool, what a difference they made.

Also Barasic with 29 assists!

End of August in season three and Alfredo goes to A Madrid for £30m cash with few hours left of transfer window

With Mayoral brought in knowing this was a possibility I am ok, Kane Ritchie-Hosler now ready

In his debut Morelos scores against me and has a penalty saves By my new GK Cleiton

I win 2-3 in Madrid with Ritchie-Hosler getting the winner

Majer and Chong both out 4-7 months long term so Time for youngsters to be blooded

Plenty of cash but I have a self imposed £30k per week limit & like to get young kids through, fck paying huge wages - I’m too tight for that even in a computer game

Spent £12m on Cleiton (Sam Johnstone went to Blackburn for £11m)

Goldson to West Brom for £17m
Morelos £30m
Kamara £11m

Got McTominey for £15m & Alena for £17m , Eric Garcia for another two years on loan from Man City
So sales cover my purchases & then some
Someones hooked :))

End of August in season three and Alfredo goes to A Madrid for £30m cash with few hours left of transfer window

With Mayoral brought in knowing this was a possibility I am ok, Kane Ritchie-Hosler now ready

In his debut Morelos scores against me and has a penalty saves By my new GK Cleiton

Majer and Chong both out 4-7 months long term so Time for youngsters to be blooded

Plenty of cash but I have a self imposed £30k per week limit & like to get young kids through, fck paying huge wages - I’m too tight for that even in a computer game

Morelos £30m
Kamara £11m

Got McTominey for £15m & Alena for £17m , Eric Garcia for another two years on loan from Man City

You’ve done well to stay under 30k pw, I kept mine about 50k and under for the first 3-4 seasons. Now it’s ballooned paying about £50m a year in wages, worth it though the team is steamrolling the league & CL (4 wins from 4). Need to go deep in the CL again to keep our coefficient up (we’re 10th in clubs)

Morelos £30m
Kamara £11m

When was the last time you slept?

Barisic about turn 30 just sold him to Porto for £26mil, brought in Angelino for £20mil, Morelos up front with Mertens now and it's a special partnership, summer transfer window now closed, onto building shortlist of potential January pre-contracts

I accepted a bid of £38m for Morelos from Wuhan then a £35m bid for Katic from Shanghai. Couldnt turn that down in the hope of getting some real quality in for my 3rd season....

They both rejected their new clubs...Im trying to build a decent bank balance so wont be making any signings. I have about £40m in the bank but saving for a stadium increase. Managed to renew my loan for Chong so that will do nicely.

I see that they've got the scottish football awards spot on. I've won the double so far and in for the treble and got to the quarter finals of the Euro Cup after getting knocked out by Real Madrid. At the players manager of the year I was the runner up and Angelo Alessio won it. :D

Does no one cheat on this at all

Each to their own but personally I never see the point.

Don’t see how you could enjoy winning a title, for example, if you won it by having a superstar striker up front you were only allowed to have by using the editor.

Or how you could enjoy winning a cup having lost the final 3 times, hit exit without saving after each and loading it back up until you won.

Each to their own though.

Does no one cheat on this at all

I loaded up FM2014 and you’re starting in the Championship, the lack of money is brutal so I usually sell someone shite for £2/3m to give myself a fighting chance.

Apart from that, it’s much better if you don’t.

Each to their own but personally I never see the point.

Don’t see how you could enjoy winning a title, for example, if you won it by having a superstar striker up front you were only allowed to have by using the editor.

Or how you could enjoy winning a cup having lost the final 3 times, hit exit without saving after each and loading it back up until you won.

Each to their own though.
No I create a second manager and punt all the peados players and spend all their money on shite! I do try not to but I despise them and they should never be allowed to succeed in anything EVER

Just signed Cavani pre-contract but paid £850k to get him early, he's now 35yo but signed 2yr contract £70k a week, stats are still pretty damn good for his age.

About to make my largest purchase too, £38mil for Federico Valverde from R.Madrid.

Got Axel Tuanzebe on pre-contract, Andreas Pereira on pre-contract, 17yo re-gen wonderkid on pre-contract (£3mil comp), sold Iheanacho for £14mil 6 months after signing him on pre-contract, sold Aribo for £18mil.

Bayern Munich sniffin about my star CB & CM who both have £80mil min fee clauses :)

End of first season lost the league by 7 points 3 defeats by that mob not helping nor the blip of 3 defeats in 5 in the build upto the split.

Beat on penalties by Hearts in the semi of the league cup and just lost the scottish cup on penalties 9-8 Helander missed the crucial penalty after Borna sent a rocket in the top corner to draw me level at 3-3 in the 94th minute.

Disappointing but time to sell a few and rebuild going into my 2nd season.

Signed Muric GK on loan from City, Souttar £4.5m plus Docherty, Hickey £2.8m, Herbie Kane, Brewster and Harry Wilson on loan from Liverpool.

Sold Borna for £14m to SIPG, Goldson £6.5m to Monterrey knocked back £9.5m from Leicester who never came back in for him and I sold or loaned out a lot of the dross.

Made it to group stages of the Europa this time round put Frankfurt out in the final round of qualifying 3-2 on aggregate.

Still struggling to beat that mob was 3-1 down pulled it back to 3-2 then Jack got sent off again against them and I lost 4-2 so 3 points behind again after 4 games in the league.

I’ve pretty much gutted out my backroom staff, got better scouts, new DOF, new head of academy etc

I’m hoping means I will get better regens in the intake
im finding it difficult to find better staff on the touch version, really want a better head physio & head of youth

I’ve pretty much gutted out my backroom staff, got better scouts, new DOF, new head of academy etc

I’m hoping means I will get better regens in the intake
Sorry for the large body of text but one of the game devs explained the factors behind the youth intake quite well. I’ll paste it here. Basically it’s not just about your HOYD but some other factors as well

CA and PA are both affected by all of the factors equally:

Youth Recruitment
The Club’s recruiting of Juniors, those of home and foreign origin.

Youth Facilities
The training facilities available for Juniors (only).
Does NOT apply to visible players already at the club. All visible players currently at the club use Training Facilities regardless of age.

Junior Coaching
The quality and quantity of Junior Coaches at the Club.

Nation Youth Rating
The potential maximum quality and quantity of Juniors produced in that Nation.

Game Importance
How important football is considered to be in that Nation.

Producing Newgens
The Clubs with the best Youth Recruitment will generally pick up the best Junior talent from that Nation first, the scale of that talent being determined by the Nation Youth Rating and Game Importance. The lower the Youth Recruitment the further down the pecking order a club will find itself. Two clubs with identical Youth Recruitment will be sorted by Club Reputation. Being lower down this pecking order does not mean quality Newgens cannot be produced, it simply lowers the chances.
Youth Facilities and Junior Coaching then simulate and determine how that Junior progresses in the Club’s Junior system until a Newgen is produced and appears in game. It is at this point that the Current Ability (CA) and Potential Ability (PA) of the newgens are decided. The above factors all contribute to both CA and PA equally.

Head of Youth Development (HoYD)
The club’s HoYD is responsible for bringing Newgens into the club. He will influence what “type” of players are selected and can partially or fully pass on his personality to some of these Newgens. The “type” of players selected refers to a player’s position and style, for instance a HoYD with a preferred 4-5-1 formation and a Technical Coaching Style may produce more technically styled midfielders than another HoYD.
The HoYD will also influence the rare “freak” or exceptional Newgens that come through, modifying their ability and style.
This role is filled by the HoYD by default, however if none is employed whichever staff member is set to beresponsible for youth development will fill this role.

I would’ve generated 11 youth intakes in my save and the best I got was a 4* CB. Most of the good Scottish regens I had to poach. What it did come in useful for though was generating funds from selling the players who came in at around 3* PA. English teams would typically pay a few million for those youths.

Does anyone know how to get a player on loan ? When I go to make an offer for a player it’s either “ transfer “ or “ enquiry “ which doesn’t seem to do anything . It’s very frustrating . You must be able to get a player on loan surely

Does anyone know how to get a player on loan ? When I go to make an offer for a player it’s either “ transfer “ or “ enquiry “ which doesn’t seem to do anything . It’s very frustrating . You must be able to get a player on loan surely
You go into that transfer section and loan is a tab within it.

Back