Rangers on FM 2020

Not doin hmmm so well 2023/24 season.
Sold a few for big money pre season and signed a wonder kid from Porto Fabio Silva for £60 million.
Anyone have the issue of signing players that are scouted with 5 star potential but then they sign and now starts showing 4 potential and maybe just over?
Have too young a squad with all the potential I need players in their prime to push on now.
Easiest way probably to await my youth to come of age as not sell as many.
champions league group Arsenal Barcelona and Besiktas. Will end up 3rd and got knocked out Betfred by Hibs. After back to back Trebles.

Scouts rate potential signings based on their CA & PA

But it’s the coaches that rate the players currently at your club, check their rating for CA & PA.

Ok ladies/gents - just got the mobile version.
Any tips for players?
I’ve signed Turnbull and sold Kamara for £12m.

Not doin hmmm so well 2023/24 season.
Sold a few for big money pre season and signed a wonder kid from Porto Fabio Silva for £60 million.
Anyone have the issue of signing players that are scouted with 5 star potential but then they sign and now starts showing 4 potential and maybe just over?
Have too young a squad with all the potential I need players in their prime to push on now.
Easiest way probably to await my youth to come of age as not sell as many.
champions league group Arsenal Barcelona and Besiktas. Will end up 3rd and got knocked out Betfred by Hibs. After back to back Trebles.
Mate, Fabio Silva has one of the highest potential ratings in the game. Dont listen to your coaches and scouts all the time. In this instance they are talking shite. Having said that, you are a few seasons in, maybe Porto did a shit job training him. Phenomenal player in FM!

Ok ladies/gents - just got the mobile version.
Any tips for players?
I’ve signed Turnbull and sold Kamara for £12m.
Hickey from Hearts. He’s constantly putting in decent performances for me and his training rating has been 10 for months now. Great wee player.

Just doing a bit of school work with the kids then going to spend the day trying to finish this first season.

Iv got Dortmund after my next league game in the last 32 of EL, first leg at home but iv not a chance in hell lol. At least iv made the requirements asked by the board.

Unless our form dramatically changes im on course for the treble tho. Probably jinxed myself now lol.

Mate, Fabio Silva has one of the highest potential ratings in the game. Dont listen to your coaches and scouts all the time. In this instance they are talking shite. Having said that, you are a few seasons in, maybe Porto did a shit job training him. Phenomenal player in FM!
Yeah as soon as I signed him I put the asking price to 125 million and a few weeks later I got the advice screen to up it as his potential is more to the rate of 167 million haha.
I’ve upgraded all my scouts and so they are all 17 or above for potential ability.
Kinda thought might be a discrepancy from the coches but it confuses me as I had an idea from signing with should play most weeks then when It gets down to selection and I see the stats I could be sold down a different route haha.
Signed Billy Gilmour as he was 3 star current and 5 star potential. But again the coaches don’t seem to think so. Is it wise to play a 5 star potential youngster who is 2-3 star current ahead of someone who is a solid 3star current? Just play them all the time as they’ll reach 5 star down the line?

Managed to sell Morelos to Tottenham for £50million and then they went for Katic in January 2022 for £38million.

I signed Gabriel Barbosa to replace Morelos for £34million as a replacement, he is on 48 goals in 52 games so not a bad replacement. For Katic replacemt I managed to get Benkovic on a pre contract as his replacement, also getting Dani Ceballos on a pre contract.

My two midfielders are Sergio Gomez (Worth £21m) and Cochrane (Worth £17m)

Ally Muirhead is also a gem.

Yeah as soon as I signed him I put the asking price to 125 million and a few weeks later I got the advice screen to up it as his potential is more to the rate of 167 million haha.
I’ve upgraded all my scouts and so they are all 17 or above for potential ability.
Kinda thought might be a discrepancy from the coches but it confuses me as I had an idea from signing with should play most weeks then when It gets down to selection and I see the stats I could be sold down a different route haha.
Signed Billy Gilmour as he was 3 star current and 5 star potential. But again the coaches don’t seem to think so. Is it wise to play a 5 star potential youngster who is 2-3 star current ahead of someone who is a solid 3star current? Just play them all the time as they’ll reach 5 star down the line?
Aye see, when youre looking at them after youve signed them I believe its a couches report you get, rather than a scouts but can be changed I think. So unless your coaches also have high judgment their reports will differ.

Certainly in this case ignore them as Silva is ridiculously good, even at 17 or whatever he is at the start!

Edit - im not sure about Gilmour. Funnily enough i was looking at him in January but i didnt like the look of his stats.

Also you will notice the star ratings will change depending on form etc too.

Anyone remember that ? Recently bought a copy and couldn't get it to install onto the PC unfortunately

Not surprised but guess who’s been on to leave a review of an obscure computer game released nearly 20 years ago....

1.0 out of 5 stars

Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 3 October 2013
Not very good

As a new The Rangers Football Fan I bought this game to see if I could keep the club alive longer than Sir David Murray could. It was a tough gig and my club just like the Rangers Football Club died owing huge amounts of money in unpaid taxes. I tried the not paying taxes mode and the club died. I tried the cheat mode and Rangers died. I tried the paying players EBT's and Rangers died. I tried pay the Scottish MSM or offer them jobs mode and the club died. I tried the bigotry mode and Rangers died. I tried sending politicians and opposition managers death threat mode and Rangers died. Pretty much everything I did Rangers died. One huge complaint is the game doesn't have a third division mode so in that way it's realistic.

Got a new laptop so I am going to pick this up now.

This, Sims 4 (for her) and Planet Zoo (saying its for her but I am intrigued :D )

As expected knocked out by Dortmund in the last 32 :( lost 0-1 and 0-0 away despite getting a red card early on. Somehow the scum won 6-5 on agg against Porto, WTF.

Just had the board accept bids for Morelos and Barisic from Chineses clubs but protested and they cancelled them lol.

The scum are dropping points all over now. 7 points ahead with a game in hand. Here comes #55:))

36 million for Borna, accepting it this time since it’s the start of January, any good left backs??
I sold borna at the start of my second season for 22 million and bought borna sosa for 5 million. He doesn’t take free kicks but I bought an attacking mid how does!

I sold borna at the start of my second season for 22 million and bought borna sosa for 5 million. He doesn’t take free kicks but I bought an attacking mid how does!
Iv been keeping an eye on sosa since the start of the first season! I also planned to buy him if Borna left.

The left backs I've always been going for the last few years are Pedro Rebocho (went to Besiktas last summer I think) and Rafa Soares (Joined Eibar this winter). Kyriakopolous is a decent one too, on loan to Sassuolo from Tripoli. Sure he scored a few banging goals against Hibs a couple year ago in the EL.

Started the mobile version today

Currently top after 10 games by 1 point in league
In the group stages of the Europa

Only bought 2 players, Parrot on loan from Spurs and some Spanish wonderkid who ive now fired in the reserves Rober

Very Addictive and gives me sweaty palms when i know the Bheasts are loosing and im waiting on a goal

FOOK SAKE Spoke to soon

Jack got sent off away to the Spoon burners after 20 mins lost 2-0 then went down at Ibrox to the Filth 1-0

Shit game anyway

Playing the touch version on Nintendo switch as my laptop is a bit too old to handle the full game.

Won the league and cup double after the first season. Davis has just went and bloody retired though, he was one of my best players this season ffs.

On my first season.

Won the league cup, 4 points clear in December but a long way to go. Braga knocked me out on pens the round before the groups.

Signed Hickey for £1.8M and Snodgrass on loan.

Barisic is ridiculously good.. hes scored 7 free kicks already this season.

Morelos averaging a goal every 2 games.

Kent is doing my tits in.. he'll glide by 2 or 3 defenders then his shots like a pass back. Frustrating.

Arfield isnt upto much, rejected a couple of offers in the summer which I should have accepted. Hes off to china in january for £3.5M.

Ojo, Stewart and Hagi also chip in with goals and assists.

My defence has been rock solid and the base for my good form.

I think missing Europe is going to cost me a couple of first team players next summer.

Good wee thread this.

On my first season.

Won the league cup, 4 points clear in December but a long way to go. Braga knocked me out on pens the round before the groups.

Kent is doing my tits in.. he'll glide by 2 or 3 defenders then his shots like a pass back. Frustrating.

Arfield isnt upto much, rejected a couple of offers in the summer which I should have accepted. Hes off to china in january for £3.5M.

I think missing Europe is going to cost me a couple of first team players next summer.

Good wee thread this.
I couldn’t get Hearts to accept a decent offer for Hickey! So i kept pestering them with a £2m offer until he handed in a transfer request. Got him for 500k :))

Havent played it today but coming into this thread has made me want to go turn the laptop on lol. Il definitely be finishing my season tomorrow.

Anyone moved Rangers and Celtic to the Premier League? I've started a new season with them in the Prem, qualified to the Europa League but started the league season with 2 defeats - against Arsenal and Spurs. Didn't sign anyone in the transfer window but hopefully can get reinforcements in January.

After watching the Sunderland doc, started a game and brought them to the prem and had them sitting mid-table when Stevie G left for Brighton, so resigned and applied for Rangers job. Rangers had won %^*& all and already sold Alfie, Tav Goldson Etc, and hadn't bought many good players at all. First season Rangers made two loan signings and loaned out Arfield. This was the second season signings:
tKKcu5k.png

I joined in January 21 and had to clear out loads of players who hadn't reached potential- Jones, Hastie, McRorie, Docherty etc.
SoApE6P.png

Out of the signings that were there before I arrived, Hahn proved to be the best and scored a lot from RM, Hause was decent at the back and Karazor and Jack alternated between holding the midfield although both were only 3 stars. Ecrepont from Ayr is class at Left Back too.

I used my budget to improve the midfield and brought in Cochrane who is a solid squad option, Alex Blesa who is unbelievable and Serrano for left wing who is also great. Signed laird on a pre-contract and used the buy it now as I was short at Right Back. I won most games from Jan to end of season and made up some ground on Celtic but lost at Parkhead and lost in the cup against them and won nothing in that half a season:
KjvruZk.png

I retrained Kai Kennedy as Left Mid and Young-Coombes as right-mid for cover and both are really good, as is Mebude up front.

Fv22ldX.png

In the summer I got Tanganga on a free and was only getting 10% of transfer revenue as finances were bad, so sold Hause and Segre to balance the books. Gnonto was transfer listed and needed a striker so signed him. He is unreal, sign him if you get a chance. Went out the betfred on pens to tims but went unbeaten in the league and won the Europa:
BdFgJak.png

Managed to secure Jonathan David on a pre who is class and sold a few players who were 3 stars or over 30 like Jack, Barisic, Hahn etc. Blew my budget on an 18 year old regen CB from Bayern who has started the next season well and that is as far as I have got.
i02Ug9N.png

ive moved the bears to the bottom of the english leagues and gonna work my way up, %^*& scottish football even if its the virtual world !

I usually edit it before starting as well. But I keep it in Scotland, I just restructure the leagues to a 30 game season and award some decent prize money on a per point basis, £600k for a win and £200k for a draw or something like that. With a wee bit of TV money. Over time the Scottish league improves and it makes it worthwhile playing. Always find I used to drift away from a Rangers save after 3 or 4 seasons because you end up so much better than everyone else. Moving to England is a decent option as well.

Currently in 25/26. Pretty tough going in the league (won twice) but winning all the cups and done well in Europe. Struggling to keep momentum going into March/April.

Sold a fair few of our players now, best one was Mebude for 40m after he scored 40 goals in a season up top. Barisic, Kent and Katic all went for 11-15m. Basically bringing in 50-60m per window and the finances are all good. Trying to build a young team so consistency is sometimes hard to get right.

On my first season.

Good wee thread this.

What role do you have Kent in mate?

Change his settings to “shoot less” and “Cross more”

Mebude doing really well for me as a left sided inside forward. 2nd season and he's already a reliable back-up. Planning on keeping him and developing him.

Mebude doing really well for me as a left sided inside forward. 2nd season and he's already a reliable back-up. Planning on keeping him and developing him.

Sold him for about £16m after about 5 seasons worth of loans. He turns out good.

Only issue I have had with Mebude is he is rotten at penalties, despite not having bad stats for taking them. The boy Gnonto I got from Napoli is a level above, but he is a very good option to have.

Young-Coombes scores so many for me from right mid, always pops up at the back post.

Got FM Touch 20
Any recommendations for signings at the start

I sell Arfield and buy Hickey and the 16 year old from Ajax

I’ve moved the bears to most leagues in the world but becomes boring after a while. How do u change the prize money on offer I’ve never noticed that before in the editor

You need to do it through nation rules. You add the existing league structures and determine all the rules and structure. It then gives you the option to edit prize money, you can do it per win, draw and loss, you can do it for finishing position or both.

Into season 3, got 38m for Morelos from Leicester and threw the whole lot at Fiete Arp from Bayern. 33 goals in 35 games so far, got knocked out of CL quarter final by PSG on away goals.

The vultures are circling Almada now so likely to lose him in the summer if they hit the 40m release clause

Into season 3, got 38m for Morelos from Leicester and threw the whole lot at Fiete Arp from Bayern. 33 goals in 35 games so far, got knocked out of CL quarter final by PSG on away goals.

The vultures are circling Almada now so likely to lose him in the summer if they hit the 40m release clause

I signed Arp on loan in my 1st season and he was honking.

What role do you have Kent in mate?

Change his settings to “shoot less” and “Cross more”

Inverted winger - Attack.

Since my post about him not scoring enough hes been banging them in.. all about the man management lol.

How easy is it to keep hold of Barisic & Tav??

I'm hoping to get a second season out of both but Arsenal, Leicester and a couple of other epl clubs are in for them.

The numbers they both put up must make them borderline irreplaceable but cant be arsed with having unhappy players.

Inverted winger - Attack.

Since my post about him not scoring enough hes been banging them in.. all about the man management lol.

How easy is it to keep hold of Barisic & Tav??

I'm hoping to get a second season out of both but Arsenal, Leicester and a couple of other epl clubs are in for them.

The numbers they both put up must make them borderline irreplaceable but cant be arsed with having unhappy players.

Birger Meling is an adequate left back. I sold Barasic for £20mil. Meling currently has 1 goal and 6 assists in 8 games as an attacking left back. 7.97 average rating.

Birger Meling is an adequate left back. I sold Barasic for £20mil. Meling currently has 1 goal and 6 assists in 8 games as an attacking left back. 7.97 average rating.

I had bought Hickey as a long term replacement but hes not ready yet.

Will need to get scouting.

Right how do I stop when players are sold I seem to unknowingly be contributing largely to their wages for years. Sold Aribo and seem to be paying him 17K a week for 3 years!!
be as well keeping him instead at that rate!

Right how do I stop when players are sold I seem to unknowingly be contributing largely to their wages for years. Sold Aribo and seem to be paying him 17K a week for 3 years!!
be as well keeping him instead at that rate!
I just refuse to pay it mate. When they make an offer with that included you could try remove it and exclude from negotiations and if they wont agree i just refuse. %^*& paying a portion if someones wages.

I just won the league last night with a couple games to spare. Going back on soon to finish the season and hopefully bring home the treble :)) had a rocky lead up to the title tho. WDLDW wasnt a pretty few weeks lol.

Getting tired of:

Ian beale thinks Jake Hastie is unhappy as he thinks he should be doing more quickness training.

cool - added.

jake hastie is unhappy at the extra training.

I get similar. Constantly a few guys moaning about doing too much “quickness training” regardless of the training schedule that week.

The other one is Barisic and his weekly complaint that he should be working on his corners, not free kicks. Which I then change, only for the complaint to flip to the opposite. 4 seasons in and still having to change it weekly fs :))

I get similar. Constantly a few guys moaning about doing too much “quickness training” regardless of the training schedule that week.

The other one is Barisic and his weekly complaint that he should be working on his corners, not free kicks. Which I then change, only for the complaint to flip to the opposite. 4 seasons in and still having to change it weekly fs :))
Yeah, Borna is the other one that seems to be unhappy, I change his training then hes unhappy to be doing what he wanted :D

Have you tried giving him no individual training? I cant think hes ever complained on my save. Maybe we are on different updates tho?

The player training in general i find a pain in the ass. They never seem to like it and show little improvements even tho you are trying to sort weaknesses they have.

Back