Rangers on FM 2020

I just refuse to pay it mate. When they make an offer with that included you could try remove it and exclude from negotiations and if they wont agree i just refuse. %^*& paying a portion if someones wages.

I just won the league last night with a couple games to spare. Going back on soon to finish the season and hopefully bring home the treble :)) had a rocky lead up to the title tho. WDLDW wasnt a pretty few weeks lol.

so are these included in the main transfer negotiation page when haggling over fees? I’ve never seen it. Need to look more closely.
damaging my financial health these unnecessary payments.

so are these included in the main transfer negotiation page when haggling over fees? I’ve never seen it. Need to look more closely.
damaging my financial health these unnecessary payments.
Aye mate. Its about half way down the page under the transfer offer and likely next to the monthly payments part if they are asking to pay it in instalments. Iv agreed to transfers without noticing it myself.

Have you tried giving him no individual training? I cant think hes ever complained on my save. Maybe we are on different updates tho?

The player training in general i find a pain in the ass. They never seem to like it and show little improvements even tho you are trying to sort weaknesses they have.

Tried that too. He still just moans that he should be working on his corners/free kicks/long throws. He’s a pain in the arse haha.

To make matters worse, I’m in September 2023, his contract expires next summer and he won’t even enter in new talks, his agent says he “wants assurances over playing time”. He plays almost every bloody game! Grrrr :))

Tried that too. He still just moans that he should be working on his corners/free kicks/long throws. He’s a pain in the arse haha.

To make matters worse, I’m in September 2023, his contract expires next summer and he won’t even enter in new talks, his agent says he “wants assurances over playing time”. He plays almost every bloody game! Grrrr :))
Haha, aye theres some fucked up shit happens in the game that makes no sense lol.

Started a Rangers game
Playing 4-2-3-1
Usually
Mcgregor, Tav, Goldson, Helander, borna, Jack, Davis, Ojo, Hagi, Kent and alfie

Two clear at top despite losing 2-1 at the filth
Into euro groups and league cup semi

Into my 3rd season and at January unbeaten in the league 2 points ahead but they have a game in hand 14 wins 7 draws. Lost the betfred 2-0 to them had been going cautious against them as it had been working but changed to positive and got pumped.

In the knockout rounds of that new european trophy topped the group with 16 points. Sory Kaba been brilliant for me signed him for £3m and he's at 21 goals, Trincao 16, Wilson 14 goals and 21 assists and Gaich 14 goals.

Finished 4 points behind again at the end of my 3rd season and lost the Scottish cup final to them. Kaba finished with 30 goals he's been brilliant for £3m.

In 22/23 season now from boxing day it's been games every 3 days as 2 months of season wasnt played due to the world cup. Papped out the betfred by the scum absolutely pumped 4-0 at home got revenge in the Scottish beat them 1-0 away.

Qualified for the CL qualifiers got beat by Lyon in the playoff round so dropped into europa finished 2nd behind Chelsea. Met Lyon again and put them out in the 1st knockout round before losing 3-1 Leipzig.

In the league 4 points ahead with a game in hand pumped the scum 3-0 away.

Harry Wilson disappointing 2nd season only 6 goals compared to the 19 previous season. Kaba 22 goals again, Gaich on 14 and Tricao with 16 been another great loan signing.

Started a Rangers game
Playing 4-2-3-1
Usually
Mcgregor, Tav, Goldson, Helander, borna, Jack, Davis, Ojo, Hagi, Kent and alfie

Two clear at top despite losing 2-1 at the filth
Into euro groups and league cup semi

I'm nearing the end of my first season and play the same formation in most games.

Stewart is good on the left as APM attacking as back up/ rotation.

Aribo and Kamara are very good.. you'll need them when the games start to pile up.

Good luck.

Blinkin raging.
Offered Rodrigo and I really needed a quality left sided attacker for 8.5 million.
couldn’t offer him anything near what he wanted in wages and something like 50K he wanted and I could only offer 20k due to wages over budget already.
Tried to ship players out for weeks but no takers.
Anyways he’s off to Leipzig and I’ve missed the boat. Need to have a massive cull had too many sent out on loan and they come back and bloated up the wage bill.

I could go on for days about good youth players to get, stand outs that you can get cheapish if you sell arfield and get a good bit of dosh,

thiago almada,
Naci unuvar
Lisandru Tramon ( he is my fav)
finally best striker you could ask for matias arezo

hope this helps

I could go on for days about good youth players to get, stand outs that you can get cheapish if you sell arfield and get a good bit of dosh,

thiago almada,
Naci unuvar
Lisandru Tramon ( he is my fav)
finally best striker you could ask for matias arezo

hope this helps

funny you mention Arezo I signed
Him and loaned him straight back for 18 months.
That’s me just got him in my squad.
altho I’ve got Fabio Silva and a regen who’s just as good as him ahead at the minute. Will see how he gets on.

Finished 4 points behind again at the end of my 3rd season and lost the Scottish cup final to them. Kaba finished with 30 goals he's been brilliant for £3m.

In 22/23 season now from boxing day it's been games every 3 days as 2 months of season wasnt played due to the world cup. Papped out the betfred by the scum absolutely pumped 4-0 at home got revenge in the Scottish beat them 1-0 away.

Qualified for the CL qualifiers got beat by Lyon in the playoff round so dropped into europa finished 2nd behind Chelsea. Met Lyon again and put them out in the 1st knockout round before losing 3-1 Leipzig.

In the league 4 points ahead with a game in hand pumped the scum 3-0 away.

Harry Wilson disappointing 2nd season only 6 goals compared to the 19 previous season. Kaba 22 goals again, Gaich on 14 and Tricao with 16 been another great loan signing.

Finally won the league drew twice with Dundee United and then beat by Hearts in the split so took it to 2 points. Next game skelped the scum 4-1 to all but seal 55. Taken to penalties again by Motherwell in the cup and unlike the 2nd season I beat them so done the double.

funny you mention Arezo I signed
Him and loaned him straight back for 18 months.
That’s me just got him in my squad.
altho I’ve got Fabio Silva and a regen who’s just as good as him ahead at the minute. Will see how he gets on.
Good to hear always want better players i also suggest for a cheap player harry cochrane or rangers own stephen kelly both develop in my game anyway about the same and have been great.

I've not played in year but got it this year.

Started career with Rangers.

Having not played in forever, I don't know who I should be trying to get in.

I'm on the new update so have Kamberi on loan and Defoe joins permanently in the summer.

Who else should I try to buy? Want to be at Rangers long term so maybe some decent youngsters to build for the future? Or some players to improve my team now to try and win the league straight away.

First impressions are the defence looks good, midfield is ok if not wonderful and strikers look adequate. If Alfie gets injured though, I'm worried about quality back up.

Help me. I didn't play it tonight because I couldn't think of who I needed.

I'm on the new update so have Kamberi on loan and Defoe joins permanently in the summer.

Who else should I try to buy? Want to be at Rangers long term so maybe some decent youngsters to build for the future? Or some players to improve my team now to try and win the league straight away.

First impressions are the defence looks good, midfield is ok if not wonderful and strikers look adequate. If Alfie gets injured though, I'm worried about quality back up.

I'm only on my first season but I know from a previous game i had that Hickey from Hearts turns out to be very good and always goes for big money.

I also signed Snodgrass on loan but you genuinly dont need much in the first season, the squad is very good to begin with.

I made the mistake of keeping Arfield in the summer despite him being unhappy.. I then sold him for a lot less in January.. he was pretty poor. My advice would be cash in on him in the summer.

I would also improve your first team and under18s staff. Worth spending some of your budget on bringing in better youth coaches, fitness coaches, physios etc.

There are guys on here who are 4/5 seasons in who will be able to tell you in more detail what players turn out to be good 3/4 seasons down the line.

Last edited:
Not played it for a few days, was getting bored of it.
I picked up a few South American regens from u18 Brazilian/Argentinian/Uruguayan clubs who’ve turned out to be wonderkids. One Brazilian, 18yo, CAM has 16+ in stat required for his role, and his favoured club is Rangers:D

Mate play the game and discover folk on your own, where's the fun in having other people tell you what to do.

If anyone’s looking for a goal scoring striker to replace Alfie. I signed Joshua Zirkzee from Bayern Munich II on loan in my second season and he scored 50+ and I won the Europa League that season too

Im seem to be losing money like %^*& and only done one season. How you managed to get the cash??

My outgoings have been unreal and I have amazing scouts to find hot prospects in most continents. Here’s some of my outgoings split by season;

Arfield - £5.75m

Barker - £1m

Docherty - £13m
Wailker Farinez - £20m
Edmundson - £13m
Kamara - £14.75m

Morelos - £50m
Kelly - £2.5m
Tav - £16m
Jones - £1m
Helander - £11.25
Katic - £37m
Aribo - £38m

Goldson - £11m
Jack - £9.25m
Barasic - £5m
Franco - £17.75m
Sergio Gomez - £66m

Some gems to buy for Rangers;

Birger Meling £900k (Worth £14m in 2024)
Harry Cochrane £190k (Worth £17.75m in 2024)
Wuilker Farinez £1.5m (Sold for £20m in 2021)
Mohamed Daramy £1m (Worth £15.25 in 2024)
Sergio Gomes £0 in 2021 (Sold for £66m in 2024)

Ally Muihead is my best home grown player from the start, worth £13.75m in 2024.

Free kicks - 18
Corners - 16
Passing - 16
Long shots - 14
Anticipation - 16
Flair - 17
Teamwork - 19
Vision - 17
Work rate - 17
Balance - 17

The downside is he is only 5’5...

He is on loan at Dundee and has 8 goals + 3 assists in 20 games.

My outgoings have been unreal and I have amazing scouts to find hot prospects in most continents. Here’s some of my outgoings split by season;

Arfield - £5.75m

Barker - £1m

Docherty - £13m
Wailker Farinez - £20m
Edmundson - £13m
Kamara - £14.75m

Morelos - £50m
Kelly - £2.5m
Tav - £16m
Jones - £1m
Helander - £11.25
Katic - £37m
Aribo - £38m

Goldson - £11m
Jack - £9.25m
Barasic - £5m
Franco - £17.75m
Sergio Gomez - £66m
Nice! Im at start of my second season and have rejected offers for both Barisic and Morelos. They werent happy till i told them the team needs them and they accepted it lol. I dont want to let either go yet. Managed to sell Doc but only for £3m :rolleyes:

Nice! Im at start of my second season and have rejected offers for both Barisic and Morelos. They werent happy till i told them the team needs them and they accepted it lol. I dont want to let either go yet. Managed to sell Doc but only for £3m :rolleyes:

I loaned Doc to Hibs again then he came back for a season and played well, his value shot up.

My midfield 3 is now McCrorie as DLP and Cochrane DLP with Foden as AP - Got him on loan with a mandatory purchase of £34m as he’s in the last year of his contract.

Hannibal Mejbri becomes a free in 2023 too, French wonderlid. He’s my back up.

Just hit the winter break in my first season. 7 points behind the scum with a game in hand, have knocked them out en route to lifting the league cup, beat them 2-0 at Ibrox in the league and grabbed a 1-1 draw at the peadodome.

Also went through to Europa knockout, finishing 2nd in my group, been drawn against Wolfsburg.

Only just made my first signing in the shape of Rafael Rodrigues - 17 year old left back from Benfica. He's now my backup to Borna (who picks up a lot of injuries).

Things going well, however had the bombshell of Shagger asking to leave as Everton wanted him. I have scuppered the deal by triggering his contract extension, will see what happens.

7 points clear after the Xmas break in 2026. Got Cumbernauld Colts in the SC 4th Round so played the young team, 11-0, 47 shots to 1...

Was 5 points clear with 3 games left and lost the league by a point.

currently 10 points behind in the 2nd season after the winter break.

17 games into my second season and Ryan Kent has been tearing everyone apart, he's improved massively. In the 17 games he has scored 20 goals and assisted 9.

I play him as an inside forward in a front 3.

Edit - Also Arbroath are in the premiership having somehow won the championship.

In my first season and sold Tav to Liverpool, any decent RB’s?

also what role do people play Buffalo as? Advanced Forward? Target Man etc

In my first season and sold Tav to Liverpool, any decent RB’s?

also what role do people play Buffalo as? Advanced Forward? Target Man etc

I sold him to Liverpool as well, managed to get £27M for him.

I replaced him with Luis Pérez fro Tenerife. He only cost 500k and has improved a lot and became a star player in my team.

17 games into my second season and Ryan Kent has been tearing everyone apart, he's improved massively. In the 17 games he has scored 20 goals and assisted 9.

I play him as an inside forward in a front 3.

Edit - Also Arbroath are in the premiership having somehow won the championship.

I am in 2023 season and Kent has just got better and better for me when called upon he's going well for me again.

I sold that South African right winger mentioned in the thread he wasnt that great for me but got £15m for him after signing him for 600k plus add ons and he only had 6 goals and 3 assists in 1 season.

I must say Morelos has been a disappointment in my first season.

Only scored 11 league goals in 29 starts.

Does he improve or should I cash in in the summer?

My defence has been incredible thankfully.

I must say Morelos has been a disappointment in my first season.

Only scored 11 league goals in 29 starts.

Does he improve or should I cash in in the summer?

My defence has been incredible thankfully.

Just sold him for £50m in the Jan window of the second season mate

Probably been mentioned on here but I bought Lewis Ferguson in my first season and he turns out a great player.

FM scout is very useful. Also lots of genie scout YouTube videos with details of winderkids and some on ageing players who are useful.

If you can get save game going with the South American and Asian databases you’ll find some crackers. There a few very good young players in Asia you can pick up for about £500!

Haven’t got FM20 yet but intend to. I use it for editing PES.

Back