Rangers on FM 2020

Crazy old game. Drags you deeper and deeper.

Think I’ve got there now I’ve got to the level of deciding that Graeme Smith and Billy Kirkwood have no business being involved in my elite club.

FM is one of life’s pleasures. Without doubt. Bliss.

I'm furloughed and it's the first time in my life that I've been able to really enjoy playing it. I've always enjoyed it more than I probably should, but I've always felt bad about the other things I could be doing or achieving instead. There aren't any real positives in this situation but this is the closest thing to it.

I must say Morelos has been a disappointment in my first season.

Only scored 11 league goals in 29 starts.

Does he improve or should I cash in in the summer?

My defence has been incredible thankfully.
He scored over 30 goals for me in the first season. What role did you have him in? And what formation you playing?

Anyone any idea how I get my full backs to cross the ball? they either pass it inside or go themselves, changed all the settings to more crosses ect. The amount of times Barisic and Tav have acres of space and don’t cross it it’s unbelievable and starting to frustrate the life out me.

He scored over 30 goals for me in the first season. What role did you have him in? And what formation you playing?

Pressing forward in a 4-2-3-1.

The amount of chances he misses is very frustrating.

A lot of my goals come from my full backs and wingers.

Just got FM 2020 touch on the switch. Looking forward to giving it a go.

Last time I played it, it looked like this

attachment.php

Just got FM 2020 touch on the switch. Looking forward to giving it a go.

Last time I played it, it looked like this

attachment.php

Hahah it's a tad more detailed now.

I hadn't played it since 2007 and it took me a full season as Sheff Wed manager to get used to the intricacies of the game.. theres so much you more you can do now.

Sign Antonin from Granada.
Minimum release clause of £2.6m. He’s on 31 goals in 40 games this season and is valued currently at £20m

Anyone any idea how I get my full backs to cross the ball? they either pass it inside or go themselves, changed all the settings to more crosses ect. The amount of times Barisic and Tav have acres of space and don’t cross it it’s unbelievable and starting to frustrate the life out me.

What role do you have them in?

Click on a player in the tactic menu, it’ll give you specific player options, select both full backs to “cross more” you can also select where from (deep/byline) & where they hit (far/near post/centre/target man)

What role do you have them in?

Click on a player in the tactic menu, it’ll give you specific player options, select both full backs to “cross more” you can also select where from (deep/byline) & where they hit (far/near post/centre/target man)

they are wing backs, not sure if they are support or attack as I’m not on just now. I’ve got them to cross more often and to cross from deep, and I’ve tried to aim at the target man and used Morelos as the target man and doesn’t seem to be doing much.

they are wing backs, not sure if they are support or attack as I’m not on just now. I’ve got them to cross more often and to cross from deep, and I’ve tried to aim at the target man and used Morelos as the target man and doesn’t seem to be doing much.

Morelos just isn’t a target man, to get the best out of him make him an advanced, complete or pressing forward.

I’ve got the best joy from Tav & Barisic as complete wingbacks with support duty. I didn’t really have to change their individual instructions. It could be your other team instructions preventing them delivering.

Started another new game with Rangers

First season won league cup.
Knocked out by hearts Scottish cup
Lost league to Celtic on penultimate day

Sold morelos and tav, Goldson. Davis got a long term injury and quit
McGregor quit too
One or two others left too.

In 2nd season
Bought Dani Gomez from Real Madrid young striker
Daramy, Farinez, alex Blesa, van drongelen, karol fila, nicholas Dyhr, Eduardo Vargas, Mathias Zacharo, phalambi, irandust,

Blesa was a recommendation from someone here lol.
Dani Gomez looks shit hot. Good stats 21 yrs old. Huge potential and cost 7.5 million.

Started another new game with Rangers

First season won league cup.
Knocked out by hearts Scottish cup
Lost league to Celtic on penultimate day

Sold morelos and tav, Goldson. Davis got a long term injury and quit
McGregor quit too
One or two others left too.

In 2nd season
Bought Dani Gomez from Real Madrid young striker
Daramy, Farinez, alex Blesa, van drongelen, karol fila, nicholas Dyhr, Eduardo Vargas, Mathias Zacharo, phalambi, irandust,

Blesa was a recommendation from someone here lol.
Dani Gomez looks shit hot. Good stats 21 yrs old. Huge potential and cost 7.5 million.

Daramy & Blesa still doing the business for me in 25/26. Brilliant players.

Morelos just isn’t a target man, to get the best out of him make him an advanced, complete or pressing forward.

I’ve got the best joy from Tav & Barisic as complete wingbacks with support duty. I didn’t really have to change their individual instructions. It could be your other team instructions preventing them delivering.
I know what you mean about Morelos, I just switched him to a target man to see if they would hit more crosses into him, il need to have a look when i am back on to see if it’s the my team tactics

I know what you mean about Morelos, I just switched him to a target man to see if they would hit more crosses into him, il need to have a look when i am back on to see if it’s the my team tactics

Ive posted my tactic in here before but when youre back on & you fancy a look give me a shout.

I downloaded it for my phone but when i go to search for a player they can't seem to find them. Anyone else have this problem?

I signed Gomes yesterday from BVB for £2m upfront and £3.5m in instalments. I didnt really want to spend cash as he was out of contract next summer but Man U etc were after him and didnt want to miss out. Got him training as an AM as didnt have anyone else after Hagi left and Davis retired.

Signed Alvarez perm at end of first season for £2.5m. Him and Kent are tearing it up so far this season.

Also got a young Italian guy on loan whos name i cant remember now as cover for Gomes. He looks a better player tho lol.

Through to second qualifying of CL after a 12-0 agg against some dross in first round.

Only sold Docherty so far but only got £3m for him ffs. Dont really know who else to sell atm. Tempted to let Goldson go if a decent offer comes in as think hes easily replaced. Already refused to left Morelos and Barisic go.

I signed Gomes yesterday from BVB for £2m upfront and £3.5m in instalments. I didnt really want to spend cash as he was out of contract next summer but Man U etc were after him and didnt want to miss out. Got him training as an AM as didnt have anyone else after Hagi left and Davis retired.

Signed Alvarez perm at end of first season for £2.5m. Him and Kent are tearing it up so far this season.

Also got a young Italian guy on loan whos name i cant remember now as cover for Gomes. He looks a better player tho lol.

Through to second qualifying of CL after a 12-0 agg against some dross in first round.

Only sold Docherty so far but only got £3m for him ffs. Dont really know who else to sell atm. Tempted to let Goldson go if a decent offer comes in as think hes easily replaced. Already refused to left Morelos and Barisic go.

Potential Barisic replacements - Arthur Zagre, Toni Herrero
Potential Morelos replacements - Torles Knoll, Florin Andone, Jan Hurtado
Goldson replacements - Perr Schuurs, Teun koopmeiners

Canny mind what I payed but just sold that Thiago almada for 120mil to Man City in my 4th season. He kicked off because a rejected 80mil. Also for cheap 5 star potential players scout sundowns

Think I’m going to resign at the end of the 25/26 season, the domestic aspect of Scotland is so monotonous and boring.

Not sure where to go though

I must say Morelos has been a disappointment in my first season.

Only scored 11 league goals in 29 starts.

Does he improve or should I cash in in the summer?

My defence has been incredible thankfully.

I'm almost at the Betfred final and he's scored about 15 - Kents on about 25

What’s your tactic mate? Going to jump on and have a shot

4-1-2-3 - Gegenpress & positive (can change to attacking against weaker sides/when you’re desperate for a goal)

Gk - sweeper keeper support
RB - Complete wingback support
CB - ball playing defender stopper
LB - Complete wingback support
DM - Regista or even Ball winner depending who you use
MC (r) - box to box support
MC - (l) - mezzala attack
AMR - inside forward attack
AML - inside forward attack
ST - pressing forward attack

In possession: width fairly narrow, overlap left & right, pass into space, play out defence, passing directness standard or more direct, tempo extremely high, time wasting never, low crosses or mixed, run at defence, be more expressive (only against much weaker sides)

in transition: counter press when possession is lost, counter when possession has been won, distribute quickly, distribute to CBS, take short kicks

out of possession: use offside trap, use tighter marking, pressing extremely urgent, prevent short GK distribution. Lines of engagement much higher for final third, higher defensive line for the defence, defensive width narrow.

Your 3 CM roles can be fairly fluid depending on what players you use & what suits them. At the moment mines are DLP defend, BBM & AP support. You can also change one winger to Winger attack instead of inside forward attack if it suits them.

Let me know how you get on mate.

Here's my form so far in season 26/27:

Players I'm still using that aren't regens:
DEF - Tuen Koopmeiners, Perr Schuurs, Ki Jana-Hoever
MF - Jordan Henderson (last season, his mental stats are amazing), Alex Blesa, Ryan Gravenberch, Nikola Vlasic, Mohamed Daramy, Adam Hlozek,
ST - Jan Hurtado

Last edited:
4-1-2-3 - Gegenpress & positive (can change to attacking against weaker sides/when you’re desperate for a goal)

Gk - sweeper keeper support
RB - Complete wingback support
LB - Complete wingback support
DM - Regista or even Ball winner depending who you use
MC (r) - box to box support
MC - (l) - mezzala attack
AMR - inside forward attack
AML - inside forward attack
ST - pressing forward attack

In possession: width fairly narrow, overlap left & right, pass into space, play out defence, passing directness standard or more direct, tempo extremely high, time wasting never, low crosses or mixed, run at defence, be more expressive (only against much weaker sides)

in transition: counter press when possession is lost, counter when possession has been won, distribute quickly, distribute to CBS, take short kicks

out of possession: use offside trap, use tighter marking, pressing extremely urgent, prevent short GK distribution. Lines of engagement much higher for final third, higher defensive line for the defence, defensive width narrow.

Your 3 CM roles can be fairly fluid depending on what players you use & what suits them. At the moment mines are DLP defend, BBM & AP support. You can also change one winger to Winger attack instead of inside forward attack if it suits them.

Let me know how you get on mate.
Cheers mate going to give it a try.

Trying my hardest to get Morelos out the door, tail end of the first season and he’s got 6 goals in 20 odd appearances average match rating 6.43 - need a replacement if anyone’s got any?

Trying my hardest to get Morelos out the door, tail end of the first season and he’s got 6 goals in 20 odd appearances average match rating 6.43 - need a replacement if anyone’s got any?

Jan Hurtado, Arezo (Young wonderkids)
Torles Knoll, Florin Andone (more established pros)

First season complete.

Won the league and league cup.

I have begrudgingly sold Barisic for £25M and replaced him with E.Bogol from Shaktar on a free transfer.

Davis retired so have signed Mallan from Hibs for £2.5M.. his stats were great last season.

Brewster on loan from Liverpool as back up for Alfie.

Probs send Hickey and Cochrane back out on loan again to get first team football.

I plan on spending the rest of my budget on an ARW and AMC.

Will also try and extend Ojo's loan for another season.

I've searched for this Blesa guy people are taking about on here but cant find him, who does he play for?

First season complete.

I have begrudgingly sold Barisic for £25M and replaced him with E.Bogol from Shaktar on a free transfer.

Davis retired so have signed Mallan from Hibs for £2.5M.. his stats were great last season.

Probs send Hickey and Cochrane back out on loan again to get first team football.

I've searched for this Blesa guy people are taking about on here but cant find him, who does he play for?

Levante I'm sure

First season complete.

Levante mate.

If you haven’t loaded Spain & have a small player database he might not be there.

AMR option - Adam Hlozek
AMC option - Gianluco Busio

Same with Blesa.

Large DB but don’t have Spain loaded so seems that’s the key to him being there.

Levante mate.

If you haven’t loaded Spain & have a small player database he might not be there.

AMR option - Adam Hlozek
AMC option - Gianluco Busio

Yeah I've only loaded the brittish leagues so that will be why I cant find him.

Will have a look at the other 2 if they're in the game cheers.

I always load Argentina or Brazil or both as the regens they produce are ridiculous.
Got a bunch of young regens across South America - Colombia in particular has been good.

If you've only European leagues loaded, Norway is a good one in my save. Scotland funnily enough too - we won the Nations League before the 2026 WC.

Back