Rangers on FM 2020

Ideal time for me would be between 6-9 but im thinking thats not good for others with 9-10 being spoken about? Im ok at that time on Wed/Thu but every other week day would need to be before 9 for me mate :(

Would 8 work mate? If everyone else can do the draft then I’m game for that

No mate we play a draft, so basically do the draft and pick your players. Then go into a mini league and play each other, we just all make sure we are active at the same time. It’s not a real league (I wouldn’t actually object to that either).

@mathers1 is the man to explain it better :))
The draft takes maybe about 10 mins if you’re quick with your selections. You play your game at the same time as everyone else & there’s hardly any loading time between fixtures. There’s also zero training in this mode

Ah cheers. I might have a look and maybe join a game in the future then

New stadium? Named after you? Terribly unstaunch.

Least he didn’t panic like and just called it New Ibrox Stadium lol.

After 10 successful and dominant seasons in Scotland where I’ve won everything, every year and 3 defeats in Europeans final to Real Madrid M, I’ve left for Arsenal.

I can sign all the best youngster and even the best players in the world but if a club from the top 5 come in, the players off and I’m rebuilding again. I hate that the league standards is so poor at adjust to in game changes.

Sometimes the AI ruins this game. I'm only in 2023 but already Celtic have fallen off a cliff. They have Murty as manager and are 8th, 20 points behind me after 12 games. After having a laugh at it, it just becomes boring.

Sometimes the AI ruins this game. I'm only in 2023 but already Celtic have fallen off a cliff. They have Murty as manager and are 8th, 20 points behind me after 12 games. After having a laugh at it, it just becomes boring.
On FM 2007 I remember the Tims getting bought over and being given a £40m transfer budget (I think I was getting around £5m a year). I was in panic mode until they spent every penny of it on Shay Given

Lost my temper for the first time ever at FM and turned my laptop off mid game. Dunfermline save, strikers score but I concede at least 2 every game, not some games no, it’s every game.

Final straw was being 2-0 up against Bohemians for them to score 3 times in the last 15. Tried every tactic possible for a couple of games and nada.

I’m done.

Not played this much recently and certainly not with Rangers so i've installed the new transfers to see how I get on.

Anyone else defo getting FM21? Seen a few things online regarding new changes.

Not played this much recently and certainly not with Rangers so i've installed the new transfers to see how I get on.

Anyone else defo getting FM21? Seen a few things online regarding new changes.
Where did you get the new transfers from mate? I actually turned it on earlier but didn’t actually play lol.

Will be getting 21 but not straight away. Usually get it off CD Keys when it comes down in price a bit.

Where did you get the new transfers from mate? I actually turned it on earlier but didn’t actually play lol.

Will be getting 21 but not straight away. Usually get it off CD Keys when it comes down in price a bit.
On steam workshop there’s a database you can subscribe to with all the latest transfers across all leagues that’s been updated

Got mine from here.

I put us and them in the championship and I’m gonna try win the premiership and champs league

I installed the 2020/21 season update the other day and started a new save. Well on my way to the treble and in the last 16 of the europa league. Celtic were flying at the start of the season but I beat them twice in quick succession and they’ve fell to pieces since. I’ve only dropped 2 points so far, an away draw to Hibs.

Hardest part for me is getting through the early phases of the season unscathed while working out what formations suit your team and how to use team instructions and shouts effectively.

For those wanting more of a challenge - it should go without saying that outwith Celtic and Europe, you won’t find it in Scotland as Rangers. Try going lowest league teams in big countries, small international teams etc.

Or the 6 continent challenge (win the top continental championship on each continent - ie champions league, copa libertadores, etc)

Started a new game over the past week and I've just started my second season (after skipping one with the Seychelles mod) and with the latest transfers updated. I think this is the longest I've ever kept most of our players and I'm fairly convinced now that Wilson is just playing FM. Roofe, Itten and Zungu have been brilliant and Hagi, Kent, Morelos, Aribo, McCrorie and McCrorie are still in my squad along with Goldson, Tavernier and Barisic who might need to be sold at the end of this season to make any decent money on them. Katic went on loan for a year and then someone put in a £20 million bid and he wanted to go. Ryan Jack went to West Ham for £15 million which again might be a bit unrealistic but you never know with Premier League prices and when you're up against a heavily inflated Celtic it's a nice boost that our players go for that kind of money.

They've basically had a fire sale and look at the below:

zcBNpCR.png

fecking hell that's some sales and that's before they get any money for Luca Connell or Dembele. Their so overrated its unreal.

In my Old Firm in England game they sacked Lennon after failing to get them promoted and have now got Steve Bruce haha.

I got promoted and the board gave me 40m to spend:

SOLD

Jones 9.5m Brighton
Stewart 4.1m Derby
Docherty 9.75m QPR
Kamara 7.25m Young Boys
Daniel Johnson 7.5m Leon (signed him 1st season for 6m)
Barker 1.8m Sunderland
Murphy 1m Swansea
Flanaghan 500k Luton

SIGNED

Hagi 4.3m Genk
Harry Wilson 20m Liverpool
Josh Tymon 9.75m Stoke
Jack Harrison 5m Man City
Verlinden 10m Stoke
Valverde (Loan) Real Madrid (Now signed for free on pre contract)
Gagliardini 7m Inter
Bizot 2.9m AZ

I am building a team at the moment and trying to add quality now. I have good young players but I need more if I'm to take them to a higher level. sitting 8th in the league after 26 games. just at the end of January now and the club are building money every month. I'm hoping with a good finish this season I'll get a load of money to spend for next season. Think it will be a few years before I can start thinking about champs league and competing for the league.

Starting a new season with Rangers. Suggestions please for best affordable DM I could buy?
Don’t buy one. Sell Arfield and go from there. Play 4231 with a box to box and deep lying playmaker central then att playmaker middle of the front 3 with 2 inverted wingers

Don’t buy one. Sell Arfield and go from there. Play 4231 with a box to box and deep lying playmaker central then att playmaker middle of the front 3 with 2 inverted wingers

Do you not play a containing formation in Europe?

I go attacking 4-2-3-1 normally but 5-4-1 against the tough European teams.
Starting a new season with Rangers. Suggestions please for best affordable DM I could buy?
Recall Ross McCrorie if possible and/or sign Bonke Innocent from Malmo. Aleks Pihler from Maribor could be a shout too, not bought him for a few updates now though so dont know his situation.

Recall Ross McCrorie if possible and/or sign Bonke Innocent from Malmo. Aleks Pihler from Maribor could be a shout too, not bought him for a few updates now though so dont know his situation.
Na I just go for it haha. Seen me win domestically and do not too bad in Europe. I find the spl too boring after a season or 2 so end up moving on.

I used to and I always got put out. Started playing how I did in the league (attacking 451) and won back-to-back CLs.

Anyone playing the FM21 beta? I'll wait till full release but just curious to see if the guy that does Celtic stats is still taking the piss

The draft takes maybe about 10 mins if you’re quick with your selections. You play your game at the same time as everyone else & there’s hardly any loading time between fixtures. There’s also zero training in this mode
Zero training - is it under codename 'Super Ally'

Anyone playing the FM21 beta? I'll wait till full release but just curious to see if the guy that does Celtic stats is still taking the piss
I just play the mobile one. No got the patience for all the details on the full game which is my loss I suppose. The mobile game is tough too but once you've played it for a year and you know the tactics and all the players to sign it's oiss easy. Ended up winning the world cup with Scotland in 2022 and the cl with rangers in my second season. Once you've did all that it's pointless playing the game so looking forward to the new mobile release on the 24th

Thread in the lounge, couple posters saying it’s much the same in that sense yeah.

Still buzzing to play it. Downloaded it last night, my first essay for Uni is due next Tuesday...

Oh dear :))

Back