Rangers on FM 2020

Laptops a peace of shit and takes some time to load (especially the Europa games) but enjoying it so far. 6 points off they bastards at the start of December. Made a lady's front bottom of it 1 game and they bet me (still to play them 3 times). Bet them in the final of the league cup and qualified after 4 games in the Europa group stage. Will look up some of the players mentioned. Will sell arfield but don’t think I’ll sign Hagi, not been that great for me

I'll give that a bash thanks...

It's frustrating as there's always an abundance of foreign clubs looking to take them on loan as well as pay their wages, but I'd rather pay their wages myself & make them home grown.

I also have Thistle as my feeder club, but the really good youngsters don't want to drop to the championship.

I think there’s a couple faults with the game. Take Alex Lowry for example, he was getting regular games for ICT in the Prem at 17 (on loan) & then no SPFL teams would take him at 18 or 19 despite the fact he was a better player now. Ended up fast tracking him into my squad & had to loan out Kelly to make room.

I think there’s a couple faults with the game. Take Alex Lowry for example, he was getting regular games for ICT in the Prem at 17 (on loan) & then no SPFL teams would take him at 18 or 19 despite the fact he was a better player now. Ended up fast tracking him into my squad & had to loan out Kelly to make room.
I played a season with Rangers and discovered the following.

Alfie is not that good, Defoe is better.
Andy Halliday is good cover at LB
Greg Stewart was a goal machine at AMR

I thought i was going to phase Defoe out in my second season but he's still superb...

I play 2 up front & his flick ons & general link up play is still better than my other strikers (Morelos, Cosgrove, Greenwood, Ryan Edmonson).

Like I said previously, I'm the sentimental sort, so there's a place in my backroom staff for him when he decides to chuck it :))

I thought i was going to phase Defoe out in my second season but he's still superb...

I play 2 up front & his flick ons & general link up play is still better than my other strikers (Morelos, Cosgrove, Greenwood, Ryan Edmonson).

Like I said previously, I'm the sentimental sort, so there's a place in my backroom staff for him when he decides to chuck it :))
I didn’t even play Defoe at all. Must’ve gave 5 appearances all in in 2 seasons. Near the end of my 3rd season now. Morelos an absolute monster in front of goal but been sent off twice v the poets this season in 1-0 wins. Once after scoring the winner 2 minutes before. :D

I had scouts watching him, looks a player. He’s ‘dubbed the new Ian Wright’
I got him on a free with a cross border fee. Stuck him on for the suspended Alfie in a league cup 1/4 at dens and he rattled a hattrick. Hasn’t looked back. Scored a double away to a schalke too.

I didn’t even play Defoe at all. Must’ve gave 5 appearances all in in 2 seasons. Near the end of my 3rd season now. Morelos an absolute monster in front of goal but been sent off twice v the poets this season in 1-0 wins. Once after scoring the winner 2 minutes before. :D

Alan Hutton has been "That Guy" for me...

The mad bastard is only an emergency back up, but every time he plays he gets a yellow at bare minimum.

The mad bastard is only an emergency back up, but every time he plays he gets a yellow at bare minimum.
Touch wood in almost 3 season, and 3 cup finals vs the scum Iv only lost once. 1-0 at the piggery in my first season. They seem to struggle against the gegenpress set up as positive.

Took me til season 3 to get TLB sacked then they brought in Bielsa and went even further backwards lol. Mctominay as a BWM in centre mid has been a revelation. But Iv only got him on loan for 2nd season I’ll not be able to afford him. But Mcrorie seems to be maturing into the exact same player for that role.

Took me til season 3 to get TLB sacked then they brought in Bielsa and went even further backwards lol. Mctominay as a BWM in centre mid has been a revelation. But Iv only got him on loan for 2nd season I’ll not be able to afford him. But Mcrorie seems to be maturing into the exact same player for that role.

I haven’t checked what McTominay has become but McRorie is tremendous at RB, CB or DM for me.

Kelly also becomes a really nice midfielder.

Defoe is worth keeping around purely to mentor the younger ones in the training units.

I'm still unsure how I'll use McCrorie when he returns from Hibs next season, but I definitely want to give him game time.

I've been going through a 90's nostalgia phase watching the premiership years, class of 92 etc so I play an old school 442 with 2 quick wingers, a box to box CM and an advanced playmaker so that rules out using him at CDM.

Think I'll either use him at CB but he also has the attributes to mould him into a box to box CM.

Laptops a peace of shit and takes some time to load (especially the Europa games) but enjoying it so far. 6 points off they bastards at the start of December. Made a lady's front bottom of it 1 game and they bet me (still to play them 3 times). Bet them in the final of the league cup and qualified after 4 games in the Europa group stage. Will look up some of the players mentioned. Will sell arfield but don’t think I’ll sign Hagi, not been that great for me

I'm not too good with technology, but may be worth you are downloading IObit mate.

It's made a big difference to my laptop as it updates your drivers & fixes any issues that might be affecting its performance.

Phakamani Mahlambi is outstanding on the right wing. 800k from sundowns. 6 goals in 8 start with 4 assists. Really quick and 4 goals were headers.

Marias palacios from San lorenzo has some potential. AM and he's gone from fringes to must start in a few month. Going to sell for fortune.

I'm still unsure how I'll use McCrorie when he returns from Hibs next season, but I definitely want to give him game time.

I've been going through a 90's nostalgia phase watching the premiership years, class of 92 etc so I play an old school 442 with 2 quick wingers, a box to box CM and an advanced playmaker so that rules out using him at CDM.

Think I'll either use him at CB but he also has the attributes to mould him into a box to box CM.
See I use him as the middle CM of my 3. And set him to ball winning midfielder and defend. If I have Aribo and Jack next to him in the 3 I set Aribo to advanced playmaker and support and Jack to box to box support. If you play the 2 wingers as inside forwards but still set it to 4-3-3 wide then you get joy. Set the fullbacks to overlap too. And I set up as positive. Seems to bring me great joy against the poets, and the smslller teams away. And very rarely drop points at Ibrox using this tactic. Leaves you open against the good euro teams though.

See I use him as the middle CM of my 3. And set him to ball winning midfielder and defend. If I have Aribo and Jack next to him in the 3 I set Aribo to advanced playmaker and support and Jack to box to box support. If you play the 2 wingers as inside forwards but still set it to 4-3-3 wide then you get joy. Set the fullbacks to overlap too. And I set up as positive. Seems to bring me great joy against the poets, and the smslller teams away. And very rarely drop points at Ibrox using this tactic. Leaves you open against the good euro teams though.

Aye, after getting taken up to skelpy bum mountain in the Champions League this year I'll need to ditch the 442 in Europe next season...

Think I'll channel my inner Walter Smith (2008 edition) & go 451 or similar away from home.

If you aren’t already make sure you check who in the market have 1 year left in their contract. People may think 25th December is Christmas but in FM it’s 31st December. You should have targets thoroughly scouted by then for bosmans.

I got him on a free with a cross border fee. Stuck him on for the suspended Alfie in a league cup 1/4 at dens and he rattled a hattrick. Hasn’t looked back. Scored a double away to a schalke too.

much did you pay for him mate? And was he a hassle to accept a contract?

Signed Mustapha Bundu, a fast, tall, young striker/winger for 1.8m in my first season. Seems to score 1 in 2 at worst, and is worth 6m by the middle January

TLB got the bullet in my 1st season, replaced by Bilic, now they're sitting 5th after 6 games in my 2nd season, Kent top scorer with 16 goals (8 in one game) :)) :))

Is it bad that as well as watching every one of my games in comprehensive mode I also watch the odd u18's game, Reserves game, the odd game involving my players out on loan & even a few El Classicos, Merseyside derbies, Milan derbies etc.?

Just battered the mentally challengeds 3-0 at the New Years game so managed to just stay in the title race, six points behind and hopefully an upturn in form follows.

In my beta Rangers save Aberdeen appointed Bielsa and took the league right down to the last day in the second season, was shitting it lol

Yeah mate. That’d be appreciated

I would upload a screenshot of it but not even sure how to do that on here ...

4-1-2-3 - Gegenpress & positive (can change to attacking against weaker sides/when you’re desperate for a goal)

Gk - defend
RB - Complete wingback support
CB - ball playing defender stopper
LB - Complete wingback support
DM - Regista or even Ball winner depending who you use
MC (r) - box to box support
MC - (l) - mezzala attack
AMR - inside forward attack
AML - inside forward attack
ST - pressing forward attack

In possession: width fairly narrow, overlap left & right, pass into space, play out defence, passing directness standard or more direct, tempo extremely high, time wasting never, low crosses or mixed, run at defence, be more expressive (only against much weaker sides)

in transition: counter press when possession is lost, counter when possession has been won, distribute quickly, distribute to CBS, take short kicks

out of possession: use offside trap, use tighter marking, pressing extremely urgent, prevent short GK distribution. Lines of engagement much higher for final third, higher defensive line for the defence, defensive width narrow.

Your 3 CM roles can be fairly fluid depending on what players you use & what suits them. I had Majer & he was great as mezzala or roaming playmaker, as was Aribo. Whereas Docherty could do BBM or even DLP support.

hope this helps mate.

Last edited:
Update - just beat Chelsea 0-1 at Stamford Bridge in the first CL match, big Edmundson with the goal.

Hopefully that sees us turn around our shaky start to the league.

I would upload a screenshot of it but not even sure how to do that on here ...

4-1-2-3 - Gegenpress & positive (can change to attacking against weaker sides/when you’re desperate for a goal)

Gk - defend
RB - Complete wingback support
LB - Complete wingback support
DM - Regista or even Ball winner depending who you use
MC (r) - box to box support
MC - (l) - mezzala attack
AMR - inside forward attack
AML - inside forward attack
ST - pressing forward attack

In possession: width fairly narrow, overlap left & right, pass into space, play out defence, passing directness standard or more direct, tempo extremely high, time wasting never, low crosses or mixed, run at defence, be more expressive (only against much weaker sides)

in transition: counter press when possession is lost, counter when possession has been won, distribute quickly, distribute to CBS, take short kicks

out of possession: use offside trap, use tighter marking, pressing extremely urgent, prevent short GK distribution. Lines of engagement much higher for final third, higher defensive line for the defence, defensive width narrow.

Your 3 CM roles can be fairly fluid depending on what players you use & what suits them. I had Majer & he was great as mezzala or roaming playmaker, as was Aribo. Whereas Docherty could do BBM or even DLP support.

hope this helps mate.
Cheers mate

All these people saying choose gengenpress- I cant see that as an option on mine . It’s just either attacking , defending , mixed etc

My second season signing targets: Florine Coman, John Souttar, David Turnbull, Aaron Hickey, Wuilker Fariñez, Nicolás Acevedo, Gonzalo Monteil, Lewis Ferguson, Thiago Almada and a centre half from Dinamo don’t know his name, it’s like Joseph Gravidoli or something like that. I’ll also add wonderkids if there is enough cash for that after all the players sales etc

Back