Rangers on FM 2020

Squeaky bum time lads :))

txETecJ.jpg

My run in

NxRDeBh.jpg

mentally challengeds run in

y7mUNDg.jpg

Looks close, especially you having the 3 away games running & they have 3 at home.

Out of curiosity how did you post those screenshots? I've no clue haha

Looks close, especially you having the 3 away games running & they have 3 at home.

Out of curiosity how did you post those screenshots? I've no clue haha

I know mate, my record at the piggery has been decent so confident of a point.

Going to have a dinner break and gather my thoughts now :D

I just downloaded 'stickies'...

From there you just right click the sticky icon & select "new note from" then select screen area.

Same mate, this is the first version I've played with the Mentoring groups.

In previous versions I would keep them in the youths & have a senior player tutor them to keep my first team squad trimmer but doesn't seem to be an option any more.

Hopefully you can shed some light as I don't know if I'm using the mentor groups correctly...

I've just lumped them in all into groups, i.e. GK's, FB's, CB's, CM's, Wingers & CF's?

Is that ok or should I have several smaller groups such as 1 senior pro + 2 Youngsters?
If you’re concerned about how to use them, there should be a button on the page to allow the assistant manager to set the mentoring groups. That’ll give you a rough idea of what to do.
Typically I would do 1 pro to 2/3 youths in a similar position with a similar personality but the AI can do it all for you anyway.

Anyone recommend any good centre half prospects? Need to replace Goldson
I found you could get quite a few decent options on a free for CBs. Cameron Carter-Vickers and Tosin Adarabioyo are two that should be available on a free early on.
Jason Kerr isn’t a prospect but he’s cheap and homegrown and pretty decent.

I know mate, my record at the piggery has been decent so confident of a point.

Going to have a dinner break and gather my thoughts now :D

I just downloaded 'stickies'...

From there you just right click the sticky icon & select "new note from" then select screen area.

Just realised how shit my instructions were @mathers1

Download stickies from here : https://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk/stickies/

Save your screen capture as a jpeg then upload to FF using Imgur.

Celtic are so consistent in my game, wish they showed that form in my game

Celtic are woeful in my game, I beat them 3-0 at home then 3-1 away too, Killie put us and them out the league cup and I’ve just qualified for the KO of the EL. I have about a 12 point lead going into the back 9 of the league after the winter break.

I have a lot of interest in Tav & Morelos, will need to sell either or to reinvest in the squad. Will look to get replacements for the following;

Shagger
Tav (If sold)
Davis (Signed Cochrane in January)
Hagi (End of loan and wont sign)
Ojo (Might extend loan)
Stewart (Just not that great...)
Morelos (If sold)

Kamberi and Defoe are good back up for Alfie.

I also score regular from set pieces, set corners to near post and get your best headerer to attack near post, always set the target to best header at FK’s too.

I shared my tactic either in this thread or the one in the lounge mate. It's taken me to two EL SF's, one QF and a last 16 CL so far. Beat some really big sides too.

How’d you find it away from home in big games mate?

For years now on FM I’ve been a slave to 4-2-3-1, controlling type football. Mainly because I love having a class number 10 running the show.
Inside forwards or inverted wingers with overlapping full backs - create chances for fun.

Always worked well but I do come a bit unstuck at times away from home, either in old firms or Europe. I end up trying and failing to create some sort of counter attacking tactic, definitely not my forte.

Wondering if your gegenpress might be a shout.

I have a lot of interest in Tav & Morelos, will need to sell either or to reinvest in the squad. Will look to get replacements for the following;

Shagger
Tav (If sold)
Ojo (Might extend loan)
Morelos (If sold)
Check out Alessandro Russo and Jose Luis Rodriguez for Shagger and Tav replacements, both should be on a free in summer 2020.
Phakamani Mahlambi will be about 800k-ish that summer too and he can replace Ojo/Stewart.
If you’ve got the cash, Lovro Majer and Mirko Maric would be good Hagi/Morelos replacements.

Celtic are woeful in my game, I beat them 3-0 at home then 3-1 away too, Killie put us and them out the league cup and I’ve just qualified for the KO of the EL. I have about a 12 point lead going into the back 9 of the league after the winter break.

Shagger
Tav (If sold)
Ojo (Might extend loan)
Morelos (If sold)

Kamberi and Defoe are good back up for Alfie.

I also score regular from set pieces, set corners to near post and get your best headerer to attack near post, always set the target to best header at FK’s too.
I highly recommend Alex Mighten (LW/RW) from N.Forrest, cost me £8mil, he's 18yo and has been RW for me for my 2nd season so far and he scored 14 goals between August & December, Mourinho has been watching him for the last 8 matches

For years now on FM I’ve been a slave to 4-2-3-1, controlling type football. Mainly because I love having a class number 10 running the show.
Inside forwards or inverted wingers with overlapping full backs - create chances for fun.

Always worked well but I do come a bit unstuck at times away from home, either in old firms or Europe. I end up trying and failing to create some sort of counter attacking tactic, definitely not my forte.

I'm nearly in 2024 and been using this tactic since 19-20. I make the odd changes to player roles before/during games but here's my euro record:

19-20: Europa League SF
20-21: Europa League SF
21-22: Champions League R16
22-23: Finished 3rd CL, Europa League QF
23-24: Just topped a CL group containing Chelsea, Zenit, BVB

My away results this year: Chelsea 0-1 Rangers, Zenit 0-5 Rangers, BVB 3-1 Rangers.

This is exactly my problem too. Dominate domestically but no matter what I attempt in Europe I seem to lose an early goal and get thumped.

This is exactly my problem too. Dominate domestically but no matter what I attempt in Europe I seem to lose an early goal and get thumped.

Have a look at my tactic mate, it's in this thread somewhere.

If anyone's looking for a good cheap defender as cover look at Mohamed Simakan from Strasbourg. Bought him for £750k in 2022, can play CB, RB or even DM. I'm about to sell him for £6m.

Have a look at my tactic mate, it's in this thread somewhere.

If anyone's looking for a good cheap defender as cover look at Mohamed Simakan from Strasbourg. Bought him for £750k in 2022, can play CB, RB or even DM. I'm about to sell him for £6m.
Will do mate. Just noticed you told me this yesterday and I didn’t reply lol. Hopefully helps. Thanks mate.

On from the thread about villa winning the European cup I think I’m gonny start a game with either forest or villa and see how long it takes me to get one of them challenging in Europe again. Started a game as Ayr Utd but got 2 long term injuries to key players almost instantly and that killed me.

Just signed 33yr old Jordan Henderson on a bosman (£110k pw). They want £5m for me to take him now, not sure what to do. He's still an absolute beast.

On from the thread about villa winning the European cup I think I’m gonny start a game with either forest or villa and see how long it takes me to get one of them challenging in Europe again. Started a game as Ayr Utd but got 2 long term injuries to key players almost instantly and that killed me.

I think I’ll try similar , even in the old champ game I didn’t always go Rangers , sometimes enjoyed going a team who needed restored to former glory. My biggest achievement was taking Rushden & diamonds through the divisions and qualifying them for Europe within 6 seasons

I’ve got the mobile version for iPad, First season I finished 3rd behind the beggars and Motherwell. In my 2nd season sold Morelos for £30 million.
Signed Hladky, Bachmann, Hickey, Lewis Ferguson, George Saville, Issac Success, Jack Marriott, Marriott and Success scoring for fun. Won the league cup.

I was 7 points clear at start of winter break,ended up going to last game at Parkhead 1 point ahead of them, lost 4-2. Lucky enough to still have an iPad.

In my 3rd season won the league cup vs Dunfermline, Moise Kean and Issac Success scoring for fun.
Finished 2nd in the league 4 points behind the beggars.
Won the Scottish cup vs Hibs. I finished 2nd in Europa league group, won ties against Labonlec, PSV, Torino, Zorya and won 3-2 in final vs Partizan.

Signing Santiago Rodriguez for £7m, cracking player. Only things that aren’t 11 attributes or over is penalty taking, aggression, bravery, strength, balance and jumping reach. Boy he looks good. Only 20 as well

Currently in March in my 3rd season. Currently level on points with them but with a game in hand (recently scudded them 5-0 at Ibrox). Going for 3 in a row.

Just knocked out of 1st ko round of CL by Real Madrid (2-1 on agg).

Notable Departures:

Tav - £30m to Leicester
Alfredo - £27.5m to Dortmund
Katic - £22m to Dortmund
Kamara - 11.5m to West Ham

Managed to sign Haaland last summer for £30m but he was insistent on a £36m min release and all the big hitters in Europe want him now and he won’t renegotiate a contract. He’s been brilliant although a bit injury prone.

Starting line up currently:

GK - Butland

RB - Mura (young argentine)
LB - Barisic (Hickey back up)

CB - Souttar (signed from Man City)
CB - rotating between Goldon and Cuenca (on loan from Barca)

DM - Gaston Brugman (DM signed from Parma - great player)

CM - Ryan Jack (Rotating with Aribo)
CM - Carles Alena (signed from Barca)

AMR - Quintero (Colombian signed from river - has been a brilliant signing)

AML - Naci Unuvar (wonderkid signed from Ajax 1st season) / Ryan Kent

ST - Haaland (Arezo (wonderkid)

Ibrox currently being expanded to 58,000.

Was offered the Bilbao job but declined. Stanuch:cool:

Sorry to report that our arses have collapsed lads.

Got pumped 3-0 at the piggery & now going down to the last game...

Need to beat Hibs by a cricket score &/or hope Killie take something off the mentally challengeds.

If I don't post the outcome within the next 20 mins it's because I'm locking myself in a room away from the Wife & Kids.

wn5Zkjs.jpg

Just went away to the Beggars and won 3-0 using your tactic @mathers1 Cheers;)

No problem mate, I've got a tremendous H2H record against them using it, including winning the last 7 in a row.

P23, W13, D5, L5

I went balls deep in January strengthening the squad and it's made some difference:

IN -
Gravenberch - £20m
Dennis Jastrzembski - £1.3m
Vlasic - £10.5m
Teun Koopmeiners - £6.75m

OUT -
Glen Kamara £15.5m
Mohamed Simakan £6m
Mebude loaned out
Young regen CB loaned out

14 straight league wins.

What is everyone’s wage structure? I’m in second season and my highest earner is on £45k and I don’t want anyone to be on anything more than that

Karim Adeyemi is worth scouting early on as well. Can play AMR/ST well, develops into a cracking player. I was able to get him on a pre-contract in season 2 and signed him for £150k to get him in immediately. Meant I could make him club trained. The club sold him after I left for approx £30m after 9 seasons. Could’ve got more but wanted to keep him while I was manager.

Dean McMaster is a great pick up for the youths, got him for a dev fee of £350k from St Mirren and has 4 star potential. Also picked a player called Exaucé Mpembele Boula from Lille for 650k, he was transfer listed and I don’t know how because he looks unreal

Lads, with regards to 'Team Leaders', is there only ever 3 in your squad at any one time?

I always seem to have 3 with 12/13 highly influential players below them.

As far as I'm aware yes.

Think a player needs to earn his way up. Right now I've got Goldson, McCrorie and Andone. I'll be curious to see what happens to mine if I keep those 3 and add Jordan Henderson in summer.

Think the personality of the player is important for the mentoring groups too.

Just realised i've got a bug in my game or my d.o.f is a fucking doughball...

I take control of all contracts so think it's a bug...

One of my new prospects is on £90,000 p/w :))

Think i'm gona have to buy an in game editor to change it :(

Is FMRTE the best option to sort this?

I'm showing my age but I clicked on this thread thinking it was a Rangers radio station.
I'll get back to my transistor.

Just realised i've got a bug in my game or my d.o.f is a fucking doughball...

I take control of all contracts so think it's a bug...

One of my new prospects is on £90,000 p/w :))

Think i'm gona have to buy an in game editor to change it :(

Is FMRTE the best option to sort this?

Not sure about that mate never used an in-game editor.

Just beat Lazio 4-0 on agg. to reach the QF of the CL for the first time. Drew Arsenal.

Not sure about that mate never used an in-game editor.

Just beat Lazio 4-0 on agg. to reach the QF of the CL for the first time. Drew Arsenal.

So annoying mate...I've been paying the wee fucker 90k a week for 3 months.

Think I'll just need to bite the bullet & get the editor as no chance I'll be able to move him on.

Back