Rangers on FM 2020

just signed this guy from Benfica Reserves, 10 million - Joao Resende (striker) stats are impressive and looks one for the future, hes 18 and i'm on the year 2022.

My strikers the now are Ignacio Ramirez and Bortal Barisic (442)
Richie - Hosler is in reserve.

just signed this guy from Benfica Reserves, 10 million - Joao Resende (striker) stats are impressive and looks one for the future, hes 18 and i'm on the year 2022.

My strikers the now are Ignacio Ramirez and Bortal Barisic (442)
Richie - Hosler is in reserve.

That Bortal Barisic is a beast in my save, wish I'd got him.

Lost against ICT and Hibs somehow, beat Celtic & also City so the league is gone but I'm in the CL final. Weird season.

Lost against ICT and Hibs somehow, beat Celtic & also City so the league is gone but I'm in the CL final. Weird season.
It’s as if they do it to make it fair :D. Into 4th season of my Rangers game, was 7 points clear going to the piggery. They lost a man after 56min. Still beat me 1-0. Only my 2nd defeat to them in 3 1/2 seasons lol. Iv a Scottish semi v livi and a final against Aberdeen or Dundee for 3 trebles in a row(provided I don’t arse the league up) and 4 Scottish cups in a row. Also 4 league titles in a row. Only lost one cup tie since I started. Betfred 1/4 v the sheep in season 1. Mucking about with my Forest new start at the minute.

It’s as if they do it to make it fair :D. Into 4th season of my Rangers game, was 7 points clear going to the piggery. They lost a man after 56min. Still beat me 1-0. Only my 2nd defeat to them in 3 1/2 seasons lol. Iv a Scottish semi v livi and a final against Aberdeen or Dundee for 3 trebles in a row(provided I don’t arse the league up) and 4 Scottish cups in a row. Also 4 league titles in a row. Only lost one cup tie since I started. Betfred 1/4 v the sheep in season 1. Mucking about with my Forest new start at the minute.

I think I'll pause this save regardless of what happens in the CL final.

I quite fancy another challenge like Chelsea and trying to go down the youth route.

I think I'll pause this save regardless of what happens in the CL final.

I quite fancy another challenge like Chelsea and trying to go down the youth route.
That’s a decent shout actually. I’m trying to get a so called sleeping giant back to former glories. Not an easy task to be fair.

It's so strange mate...

As I said previously, My first 2 seasons, I've won back to back trebles but been honking in Europe.

Having the full week to recover/train towards the end of the season without the distraction of Europe is clearly massive.

It's so strange mate...

As I said previously, My first 2 seasons, I've won back to back trebles but been honking in Europe.

Having the full week to recover/train towards the end of the season without the distraction of Europe is clearly massive.

Absolutely demolished Lazio, Arsenal & City but I had a bad record against ICT ... frustrating.

I've already started the rebuild:

31yr old Goldson leaving for £9m
Oscar (AMC) from RM away for £10.75m

This is why i scum save!! Playing it the proper way and iv just been knocked out the 3rd qualifying round for EL losing 3-2 to Frankfurt away then drawing 0-0 at home :mad: raging.

I would upload a screenshot of it but not even sure how to do that on here ...

4-1-2-3 - Gegenpress & positive (can change to attacking against weaker sides/when you’re desperate for a goal)

Gk - defend
RB - Complete wingback support
CB - ball playing defender stopper
CB - ball playing defender stopper
LB - Complete wingback support
DM - Regista or even Ball winner depending who you use
MC (r) - box to box support
MC - (l) - mezzala attack
AMR - inside forward attack
AML - inside forward attack
ST - pressing forward attack

In possession: width fairly narrow, overlap left & right, pass into space, play out defence, passing directness standard or more direct, tempo extremely high, time wasting never, low crosses or mixed, run at defence, be more expressive (only against much weaker sides)

in transition: counter press when possession is lost, counter when possession has been won, distribute quickly, distribute to CBS, take short kicks

out of possession: use offside trap, use tighter marking, pressing extremely urgent, prevent short GK distribution. Lines of engagement much higher for final third, higher defensive line for the defence, defensive width narrow.

Your 3 CM roles can be fairly fluid depending on what players you use & what suits them. I had Majer & he was great as mezzala or roaming playmaker, as was Aribo. Whereas Docherty could do BBM or even DLP support.

hope this helps mate.
@ID10 i just recommend copying these tactics mate, work a treat for me

Dunno how the tims are so close with you guys. My last few FM saves the tims drop silly points and on my current save I'm 15 points ahead with 2 games in hand. Hearts and them battling it out for second. I'm not doing anything crazy, I just cant seem to have a good title challenge from them.

Dunno how the tims are so close with you guys. My last few FM saves the tims drop silly points and on my current save I'm 15 points ahead with 2 games in hand. Hearts and them battling it out for second. I'm not doing anything crazy, I just cant seem to have a good title challenge from them.
The mentally challengeds more or less win every game until I play them and beat them then usually they drop points in the next two/three games after that, it’s weird

This is the way it usually pans out for me. Even though they seem to spend massively.

Another thing I'm probably looking into too much, but I'll ask you all anyway :D

Just about to head into my 3rd pre-season...

I'm reluctant to press ahead & arrange friendlies as I like the idea of a summer training camp.

In January there I got the warm weather camp by asking the board after the last game on 29th December...

I'm days away from the players returning for pre season, but there still isn't an option for a training camp?

I have to an extent lads thanks

Struggling to find a balance that works in midfield yet however

If you're in season 1 and still have our original midfield I'd use them as follows:

Jack - Regista (DM) or BBM (CM)
Kamara - Regista DM, BBM or MEZ CM
Aribo - MEZ or change to DLP or AP (CM)
Davis - BBM, or change to DLP or AP (CM)
Arfield - not sure how to use him as I immediately sold him

one the league first year beat celtic last game of season but 2nd season the amount of injuries you get in 2nd year remarable

Once you get on a roll with Rangers I find winning the title to be almost a formality.

Same here, unless the tims spend silly money then I'm lucky enough to develop quite a few youth players in the 1st team.

Had a strange find with Jessim Pellissard at FC Sochaux Montbeliard. Bought him when he was sixteen quite cheaply, under £500k. He already had a current ability of 2 gold stars and a potential of 5 stars.

He's developing quite nicely, he's lead the youth team to the U19 Champions Cup semi final so far and he's had three starts for the 1st team and scored 4. That was a genuine find too, not picked up from a website as my scouts found him.

Cheers mate, much appreciated.
right now my team is:

Rhian Brewster
Ryan Kent Thiago Almada Harry Wilson
Aleix Garcia Lewis Baker
Barisic Katic Goldson Tav
Woodman​

Subs: McCrorie, Matvienko, Bogle, Aribo, Unuvar, Woodburn, Louie Barry

Squaddies: Kelleher, Edmundson, Cochrane, Hickey, Kane Ritchie-Hosler
absolutely tearing it up, Alex Mighten, Naci Ünüvar, Aleix Garcia, Louie Barry are tremendous
picked them up for combined £14mil after just 1 season each are worth £20mil+ now

Now in January, styed up till 4.30am playing it and up with kods at 8, exactly why I didn’t want to get into it

Starting off a proper rookie gives you several headaches (no badges and no experience), players don’t listen and are often not motivated or uninterested - means average performance is pretty low 6.7 average

Easier to get a working system this year
Harder to get individual performances

Hard to bring in players because budget low, Rangers will be a slow burner I think in terms of growing it into something

Haven’t managed to sign anyone because nobody wants to play for the guy who is a nobody and I literally have no money at all

Interesting challenge

League cup in bag, through in Europe and few points clear at top. That’s been decent

Can’t get Hagi, Kent or Morelos to fire for any length of time and very inconsistent performances. Just when you get chance to go away at top you draw and get reigned in

No interest or crazy bids

Got the likes of Barker and Polster up for sale. Ojo sent back as was Kamberi
Your hooked

My current game is one of the best I’ve ever played.......and I’m 3rd in the league with about 7 games to go !!!

One an OF league cup final

Been much better since winter break and in semi of Scottish cup....found a way of playing with this team that is genuinely good to watch

The Chinese teams are trying to ruin my season though.....rejected a decent big for Scott A and then the board sold Katic to WUHAN for 20mill

Thinking of starting a new save with Chelsea & giving myself the following restrictions:

- Can only sign English players
- Bring through my own youth

Anyone recommend English players for early doors? One I am aware of is Bellingham at Birmingham, looks a baller.

Back