Rangers on FM 2020

Now in January, styed up till 4.30am playing it and up with kods at 8, exactly why I didn’t want to get into it

Starting off a proper rookie gives you several headaches (no badges and no experience), players don’t listen and are often not motivated or uninterested - means average performance is pretty low 6.7 average

Easier to get a working system this year
Harder to get individual performances

Hard to bring in players because budget low, Rangers will be a slow burner I think in terms of growing it into something

Haven’t managed to sign anyone because nobody wants to play for the guy who is a nobody and I literally have no money at all

Interesting challenge

League cup in bag, through in Europe and few points clear at top. That’s been decent

Can’t get Hagi, Kent or Morelos to fire for any length of time and very inconsistent performances. Just when you get chance to go away at top you draw and get reigned in

No interest or crazy bids

Got the likes of Barker and Polster up for sale. Ojo sent back as was Kamberi

know that feeling I’m limiting myself to 4 hours a day as I realised I was playing it 12 hours a day and I’m the one up with the kids at 6 am each day

Start the game & select the leagues you want to load first
It says I need Steam, so I loaded Steam. It then said look at the bottom left for install games. Can't find that. I bought the game from the website so thought it would be a piece of piss. I have no means to install it would seem.

It says I need Steam, so I loaded Steam. It then said look at the bottom left for install games. Can't find that. I bought the game from the website so thought it would be a piece of piss. I have no means to install it would seem.

searched for the game in library (steam)?

I did not buy it from Steam. The email instructions give me my code and told me that once I had installed steam I'd get the option to install the game. I have scoured steam and found nothing.

Go to the main menu on steam, then games in the toolbar (in between friends & window) then select ‘activate a product on steam’, then it should let you enter the code.

3rd season. Getting Santiago Rodriguez in January for 7.5 million. (Due to broken hip and failed medical in summer)
Libro Majaer signed for 12.5 million on deadline day and Moriba loaned from Barca.
league surely in the bag
Champs league group
Barcelona
Man citu
Shakhtar

Now in January, styed up till 4.30am playing it and up with kods at 8, exactly why I didn’t want to get into it

Starting off a proper rookie gives you several headaches (no badges and no experience), players don’t listen and are often not motivated or uninterested - means average performance is pretty low 6.7 average

Hard to bring in players because budget low, Rangers will be a slow burner I think in terms of growing it into something

Haven’t managed to sign anyone because nobody wants to play for the guy who is a nobody and I literally have no money at all

Interesting challenge

League cup in bag, through in Europe and few points clear at top. That’s been decent

Can’t get Hagi, Kent or Morelos to fire for any length of time and very inconsistent performances. Just when you get chance to go away at top you draw and get reigned in

I’d sell Arfield, can usually sell him for £6m which would give you some more cash to play with, need any targets and I’ll try recommend someone to you mate

3rd season. Getting Santiago Rodriguez in January for 7.5 million. (Due to broken hip and failed medical in summer)
Libro Majaer signed for 12.5 million on deadline day and Moriba loaned from Barca.
league surely in the bag
Champs league group
Barcelona
Man citu
Shakhtar
Rodriguez is a cracking player in this mate.

28 games into the league season and sitting on 75 points, 8 ahead of Celtic with a game in hand.

I’ve got the league cup in the bag, round of 16 in CL vs Shaktar ( I won first leg away 2-1), in the Scottish Cup Semis so I’m sitting in a good position.
Stephen Kelly has grown into a crucial player in the first team year, been brilliant for me. On a side note, Adam Devine looks to turn into a cracking centre half.

I won the League Cup and League in the first season. So far in the 2nd I have won the League Cup but am lagging behind in the league. Have a pretty small squad and an injury crisi in November and tired players meant we drew a lot of games. Celtic have been consistent so I think the league is over. Qualified for the Europa League through finishing 3rd in the Champions League group.

Lovro Majer has been my best signing so far. Scores a lot of goals for a midfielder. Doing a bit of a rebuild in the summer hopefully so will probably be selling Morelos, Goldson and Katic to fund it. Just trying to source good replacements for them first.

28 games into the league season and sitting on 75 points, 8 ahead of Celtic with a game in hand.

I’ve got the league cup in the bag, round of 16 in CL vs Shaktar ( I won first leg away 2-1), in the Scottish Cup Semis so I’m sitting in a good position.
Stephen Kelly has grown into a crucial player in the first team year, been brilliant for me. On a side note, Adam Devine looks to turn into a cracking centre half.

i had to use Devine as emergency full back cover for Tav and Hickey.
sold Barisic for 28 million.

I won the League Cup and League in the first season. So far in the 2nd I have won the League Cup but am lagging behind in the league. Have a pretty small squad and an injury crisi in November and tired players meant we drew a lot of games. Celtic have been consistent so I think the league is over. Qualified for the Europa League through finishing 3rd in the Champions League group.

Lovro Majer has been my best signing so far. Scores a lot of goals for a midfielder. Doing a bit of a rebuild in the summer hopefully so will probably be selling Morelos, Goldson and Katic to fund it. Just trying to source good replacements for them first.
Adolfo Gaich is a cracking Alfie replacement, probably better than him. Alan Franco, Svetozar Markovic and Armella Bella-Kotchap would be good replacements for Katic and Goldson.

Devine turned into a great squad player for me. He was never a regular starter because I had guys like Kehrer, Hoover, Van Den Berg and Armini (among others) in front of him. But he was always solid and could cover at left back too. He’s definitely worth developing!

On the tactics screen, the bottom left of the grid is red. On the left back position, there’s a red bit which shows as “major issue” due to there being “nobody directly responsible for this area of the pitch”. Can’t seem to figure out why.

Doesn’t appear to cause any issues but it’s annoyingly me that I can’t get rid of it.

On the tactics screen, the bottom left of the grid is red. On the left back position, there’s a red bit which shows as “major issue” due to there being “nobody directly responsible for this area of the pitch”. Can’t seem to figure out why.

Doesn’t appear to cause any issues but it’s annoyingly me that I can’t get rid of it.

What role have you set for the LB? might be that or the role set for your left CM or even left midfielder/winger have an affect on it.

Just started up an online network game with a mate of mine, taking 2 championship clubs from playoff contenders (not Fulham or Leeds). Should be interesting.

Had to really up the quality of the squad to ensure the league is won and I make deep progress in Europe after making the Champions League final

24/25 IN:
Adam Hlozek 10.25m
Jordan Henderson free
Mohamed Daramy 10.75m
Ki-Jana Hoever 23.5m
Jan Hurtado 26.5m

All from Liverpool except Hlozek who looks quality.

OUT:
Oscar 10.75m
Andone 10m
Torles Knoll 15.25m
Goldson 9.25m
Barisic 2.5m
Onyekuru 14m
Bosko Sutalo 30m
Gianluca Busio 20m

In January of the 3rd season and I’m desperately needing reinforcements in a couple of positions. Had a woeful December and I’m now 4 points behind them and they have a game in hand too. Playing Morelos as a CF has been good because he’s started scoring again but it’s also meant my backup strikers Joel Pohjanpolo and Dykes are useless because they can’t play the role. Resorted to bringing in Solanke on loan for 6 months with a buyout clause of 6.5m come the end of the season from a Bournemouth side managed by Gerrard no less. I keep toiling with the 2 main ideas of either continuing to give the youth a chance and letting them develop or pushing for an Advocaat-style squad with a host of European flair. If anyone knows how to post a screenshot I’d like to share my team and hear what yous think

In January of the 3rd season and I’m desperately needing reinforcements in a couple of positions. Had a woeful December and I’m now 4 points behind them and they have a game in hand too. Playing Morelos as a CF has been good because he’s started scoring again but it’s also meant my backup strikers Joel Pohjanpolo and Dykes are useless because they can’t play the role. Resorted to bringing in Solanke on loan for 6 months with a buyout clause of 6.5m come the end of the season from a Bournemouth side managed by Gerrard no less. I keep toiling with the 2 main ideas of either continuing to give the youth a chance and letting them develop or pushing for an Advocaat-style squad with a host of European flair. If anyone knows how to post a screenshot I’d like to share my team and hear what yous think

What positions you needing?

Taking a screenshot with windows or Mac?

Just starting my second season. Can't believe how similar it was to Gerrard in some respects. Did the domestic cup double and got to the Europa last 16 but dropped so many points domestically and finished 16 points off them in second. I seem to be leaking goals like %^*&, tend to go with two of Helander Katic or Goldson. Signed a paraguyan left back as Barisic has been nothing but bother wanting away. Picked up adebayor as back up striker for buttons and he's scored loads for me. Kamberi and Morelos by far my two most important players, brought in bacuna and a Dutch international centre mid as I was a bit light in that department.

In my 2nd season after winning the treble in the first. Got put out in the QF in the LC by them, but are 9 points clear after 19 games.

Anybody looking for a world class goalkeeper, sign Ivan Martinez, 17yo, for about 500k-1m. I loaned him out the first season and he’s taken over from the shagger in the second. He’s ‘dubbed the new Iker Casillas’.

Either you fuckers are all scum saving or i am just hopeless at this game. Iv been playing it for 10 years as well lol.

What positions you needing?

Taking a screenshot with windows or Mac?
I started one with derby using a variation of the tactic you put up. Now derby have a decent transfer pot to start compared to a few in the championship but my board goals were not to to get involved in a relegation scrap. I signed Kamara ,Jones and Isaac success on loan and Alan Hutton and yaya toure On frees. 8points clear after 17 games lol.

I started a new Rangers save on the Touch version but got knocked out of the EL at the 3rd qualifier so think il start a new one on the full game this time.

Mac mate. Probably a DM and maybe a backup RB cos I’ve just accepted a 20m offer from Tianjin for Karsdorp

CMD + SHIFT + 4, then crop what you want. Upload it somewhere like IMGUR then attach link or file.

DM - Alex Blesa, how I got him from Levante for 8.75m is beyond me, can play in any midfield role but I like using him as a Regista. Crazy assist numbers.

RB - Bosko Sutalo. 9m from Osijek and I’ve just sold him to BVB for 30m. It says he’s a CB and comfortable at fullback but he’s 5’11 so just retrained him.

I’ll post screenshots of them both soon.

Last edited:
CMD + SHIFT + 4, then crop what you want. Upload it somewhere like IMGUR then attach link or file.

DM - Alex Blesa, how I got him from Levante for 8.75m is beyond me, can play in any midfield role but I like using him as a Regista. Crazy assist numbers.

RB - Bosko Sutalo. 9m from Osijek and I’ve just sold him to BVB for 30m. It says he’s a CB and comfortable at fullback but he’s 5’11 so just restrained him.

I’ll post screenshots of them both soon.
I bough Blesa last year on the Switch version. Brilliant player.

Won the league in my first season, lost both domestic finals, league cup to the scum and Scottish cup to Hearts,
Transfers in:
Barry Douglas £4m
Dwight Gayle loan
Ryan Porteous :£1m
Lovro Majer £8
Lewis Ferguson £2.8m

Transfers out:
Scott Arfield £6m
Katic £22m (some Chinese mob)
Goldson £11m

Lewis Ferguson and Barry Douglas have been great buys, I play Barry Douglas AML and he scores a lot of goals and has plenty assists.

These Chinese teams are wild, they make an offer, you tell them nearly 3/4 times what they offered and they agree to it! 35 million for Morelos and 30 for Barisic, I doubt they will go to them but I’ve accepted the bids, only in February as well

These Chinese teams are wild, they make an offer, you tell them nearly 3/4 times what they offered and they agree to it! 35 million for Morelos and 30 for Barisic, I doubt they will go to them but I’ve accepted the bids, only in February as well

morelos never wanted to go, I cancelled Barisic as I would be left with no left back, 30 mins later Dave King accepts a lower bid:mad:

VmmNpE7
Cheers @mathers1 hopefully the image posts. All going well, this is my team as it stands.Just recalled the young lad Robertson whose on the bench. Signed from Dundee and loaned back but recalled him for depth and better coaching. Just sold Xadas for 35m to a Shanghai Shenhua so I've got Daniel James from Man Utd coming in for 10m rising to 17m. Squad overall is solid but Celtic go on crazy spending sprees every window. Got Zenit in UEL last 32 so hopefully progress there. Karsdorp ended up staying and signed a new contract. Will update at end of January after a couple of (hopefully) better results.

VmmNpE7
Cheers @mathers1 hopefully the image posts. All going well, this is my team as it stands.Just recalled the young lad Robertson whose on the bench. Signed from Dundee and loaned back but recalled him for depth and better coaching. Just sold Xadas for 35m to a Shanghai Shenhua so I've got Daniel James from Man Utd coming in for 10m rising to 17m. Squad overall is solid but Celtic go on crazy spending sprees every window. Got Zenit in UEL last 32 so hopefully progress there. Karsdorp ended up staying and signed a new contract. Will update at end of January after a couple of (hopefully) better results.

That lad Finlay Robertson is a beast.

Interesting challenge

Ojo has been the best player in the team for me

VmmNpE7

Here's my squad in September 2024:

well in to my 3rd season now, Gerrard took Motherwell job, just beat them 2-1 really tough game, KRH on loan to the sheep and has scored 10 goals, Mourinho still sniffin about Barisic & Mighten, hoping to raise £80mil in funds so i can get Brewster permanently, Louie Barry who i got for £3mil from villa is badass & only 18

kxC9uWC.jpg

In second season now... The Chinese teams are mental, £35 mil for barasic, 60m trincao, helander £25, Kent to city for £45, kamara 18m to Southampton.
Whenever someone comes snooping the player always wants to go, so just need to keep getting good young players in and selling them on. Vinicuis jnr just finalising terms on a 60 million move, over paying but what a player.

Stayed up until 5am playing

A summer of change! Sold Docherty, Arfield and Helander for £4m each, Borna for £25m, Davis and McGregor retired
Halliday, Flanagan and the others all left on bosmans. Didn’t renew or keep anyone

Takes ages the find replacements etc but squad balance is really good. Sam Johnstone my new no1, got a CB from City on loan (Spanish lad), new Greek boy at LB, Alena on loan from Barca with Jack in middle, Spent £9m of Borna money on Croatian lad Majer that everyone goes on about. Also got Chong on loan from Man Utd

Balance to squad a lot better supplemented by the McCrories, Patterson, McPaketo help my home grown content

My game took a massive shift for the better when I changed to ‘Balanced tactics’ instead of positive. Was two points clear but won my last 8 games to win by 9 points.

National B licence now also

Ready for my assault on CL!

I’m totally hooked on this feckin game :D
Im bad enough at the game as it is never mind starting with no badges lol. Well played.

Im starting a new one now and il be getting the EL groups stages this time!!

Robbie McCrorie good enough to step up to first choice goalie in the 2nd season?

Possibly. Have a look for Alessandro Russo to see if he’s available, usually a Bosman in season 1.

Keep McCrorie around anyway he helps with the homegrown numbers. Also keep an eye on Jay Hogarth’s development.

Back