Rangers on FM 2020

having a mid-season mini overhaul, going 424 positive gegenpress, replacing the 4231 wide:

Woodburn Brewster
Wilson Mighten
Aribo Garcia
Barisic Goldson Katic Bogle
Kent,Tav, Matvienko injured

Stayed up until 5am playing

A summer of change! Sold Docherty, Arfield and Helander for £4m each, Borna for £25m, Davis and McGregor retired
Halliday, Flanagan and the others all left on bosmans. Didn’t renew or keep anyone

Takes ages the find replacements etc but squad balance is really good. Sam Johnstone my new no1, got a CB from City on loan (Spanish lad), new Greek boy at LB, Alena on loan from Barca with Jack in middle, Spent £9m of Borna money on Croatian lad Majer that everyone goes on about. Also got Chong on loan from Man Utd

Balance to squad a lot better supplemented by the McCrories, Patterson, McPaketo help my home grown content

My game took a massive shift for the better when I changed to ‘Balanced tactics’ instead of positive. Was two points clear but won my last 8 games to win by 9 points.

National B licence now also

Ready for my assault on CL!

I’m totally hooked on this feckin game :D
In before signing Majer on FM counts as ITK hints

Brexit has fucked me signing some decent players. Norwegian Keeper Rossbach would have been an improvement and was available on a free. Couldnt get a work permit. Different games have different brexit outcomes. I got a shitty outcome.

Finished the season with another treble ( won SC Final vs Celtic on pens 5-4 with 10 men, equalised in 120th minute :))).

Start of 3rd season and sold Kent for £20m and Aribo for £30m, brought in Sergio Gomez to replace Aribo and Aubrey Modiba as cover, Daramy and Morilla are coming back from loans plus younger players will step up so don’t need any more signings.

im lovin this chat! :))
its fair to say quite a few that dissed Fm before are right into it now, good to see!

these are great links for players to buy...
Fm scout is a decent website for Tactics as well..

Wtfs up with Hearts with the latest update? They want £10m for Hickey now? I bought him for like £2.5m first time!

Wtfs up with Hearts with the latest update? They want £10m for Hickey now? I bought him for like £2.5m first time!
I think the game realised that they had undervalued him by allowing you to sign an EPL quality left back for 200k when the real Hearts wouldn’t haha

just signed Hamed Junior Traore from Sassualo for 27 milllion!!!!
110,000 a week - statement of intent after losing the league to the poets on the last game of the season :mad:
this guy looks immense (mid/att mid centre) so hes my no10 playmaker :))

Clinched Treble in my first season, invincible on 104 points. mentally challengeds finished 2nd on 99 points and their only 3 losses were to me. Also beat them in both Cup Finals and got to last 16 of Europa League.

Only signing last summer was Porteous from Hibs then added Cochrane from Hearts and Rabbi Matondo from Schalke in January.

My reward for the treble...£600k transfer budget and a pre season training camp in Neilston.

Won the league in my second season, here's the game I won it...

fPlzs1y.png

Couldn't have written it any better really.

How the fvck have you managed to get Greenwood and Tonali? :oops: :oops:
Both on loan. Sold a few players and was able to offer their full wage plus a fee for Tonali.

No idea why they came right enough but Tonali rejected my offer of a pre-contract and is off to Inter at the end of the season.

Absolutely no idea how I'll replace them but I've got £25m to figure it out.

Editor. Its the only way surely.

Nope.

wINC03e.png

Both were listed for loan and I sold Kent & Aribo for shit loads to finance my squad.

zBC783k.png

Trust me, if I was using the editor I wouldn't have Stephen fucking O'Donnell at right back

Last edited:
Both on loan. Sold a few players and was able to offer their full wage plus a fee for Tonali.

No idea why they came right enough but Tonali rejected my offer of a pre-contract and is off to Inter at the end of the season.

You on an Apple computer mate? Your layout if different to mine.

Nope.

wINC03e.png

Both were listed for loan and I sold Kent & Aribo for shit loads to finance my squad.

zBC783k.png

Trust me, if I was using the editor I wouldn't have Stephen fucking O'Donnell at right back

Everton got some deal off you for Edmundson.

Nope.

wINC03e.png

zBC783k.png

Never even thought of that :D fair play.

10 straight wins to kickstart 24/25 season which leaves me 11 points clear, hopefully sweep the cups and do damage in Europe might be my last season if I've finally broken Celtic down.

10 straight wins to kickstart 24/25 season which leaves me 11 points clear, hopefully sweep the cups and do damage in Europe might be my last season if I've finally broken Celtic down.
My aim is to win CL then leave Rangers, as you say once you break Celtics dominance financially as well as on the park is starts to get boring

Quick tips to get players on contracts with minimum fee releases not to you liking to negotiate new contracts without them?

Quick tips to get players on contracts with minimum fee releases not to you liking to negotiate new contracts without them?

Not sure what you mean here mate - do you mean signing other teams players using their release clauses or signing your players to new contracts and not having a release clause in the deal?

Cannot recommend Adam Hlozek from Sparta Prague enough. His release was £10.25m and he's got 10 goals in 12 starts, mainly playing AMR but he's comfortable across all front 3 positions.

Not sure what you mean here mate - do you mean signing other teams players using their release clauses or signing your players to new contracts and not having a release clause in the deal?

Sorry should have been clearer. My goalkeeper and Majer both have these clauses and I don’t want to lose them for the buttons the agents demanded was in the contract. Trying just now gets the I’ve just signed a new deal red box. How long you have to wait? I’m worried they shine straight away and attract attention.

Sorry should have been clearer. My goalkeeper and Majer both have these clauses and I don’t want to lose them for the buttons the agents demanded was in the contract. Trying just now gets the I’ve just signed a new deal red box. How long you have to wait? I’m worried they shine straight away and attract attention.

Minimum 6 month wait, when you eventually renegotiate take release clause off the table immediately, pay them a bit more & add as many years as possible to the deal to increase their value.

Some of my highlights:

An unbeaten league season for 9IAR

Buying a player off Barca for £3m and selling him back for £80m after 18 months

Winning 10IAR by thumbing the mhanks at home

My first Champions League win
I asked @mathers1 if he had showered or eaten so i guess i need to ask you if youve even slept since November? Lol

Edit- also just noticed the editor icon on your screen ;)

Last edited:
I asked @mathers1 if he had showered or eaten so i guess i need to ask you if youve even slept since November? Lol

Edit- also just noticed the editor icon on your screen ;)
We had a new born in February and my partner was in and out of hospital with hyperemesis before she was born so I’ve had a lot of free time and also no sleep :))

I don’t even have a good answer for that logo showing. I haven’t even purchased the editor, promise! It looks greyed out though, can only assume it’s there by default on the skin?

Back