Rangers on FM 2020

Anyone reached that point where some of the regens are better than the real players?

Here's 2 lads who are a key part of my squad now:

GK - Malick Dieng - cost me just £3m from Mallorca when he was 18, he's now one of the best GK's in Europe already at 20. Wanted by Barca & Hoffenheim

CM - Felipe Romero - cost me £7m from Velez. Has won all his Argentina caps whilst at us and one of the best BBM I've had in the game, 14 goals last season most of which were screamers

Any suggestions for the right wing? Playing mathers82 tactics so need someone that can play that inside forward role?

Hagi not great in that role, Ojo out for 6 weeks minimum and I loaned out Greg Stewart in the summer window.

Adolgo Gaich is a brilliant recommendation 16 goals in 13 games for me brilliant at £3m.

Any suggestions for the right wing? Playing mathers82 tactics so need someone that can play that inside forward role?

Hagi not great in that role, Ojo out for 6 weeks minimum and I loanes out Greg Stewart in the summer window.

Adolgo Gaich is a brilliant recommendation 16 goals in 13 games for me brilliant at £3m.

The young lad Chong at Man Utd is unreal on the right, got him on loan.

I’m not in front of the game so I hope I’ve got this right...

If you go onto a player’s profile and then into the training tab, there will be some options like intensity and focus. One of those options will be position/role/duty. If you change that, the player will train in that position. But you’ll need to give them game time in that position for it to be successful.
Nice one, cheers mate.

Second season Borja Mayoral (advanced forward 23 Real Madrid) and Marcos Paulo (Inverted winger 20 Fluminase) both Bosmans

Think the free trial runs out soon though on Steam :(

Not heard of Paulo but Mayoral is very established he’ll rip up the league.

Hagi not great in that role, Ojo out for 6 weeks minimum and I loaned out Greg Stewart in the summer window.

Adam Hlozek (Sparta Prague)
Harvey Elliott (Liverpool)

McPake also turns out decent for the right hand side

When trying to sign really good players can’t seem to get them without a minimum fee release clause and it’s always ridiculously low.
anyone else having this issue?
Also a lot of players aren’t even interested in speaking to the Treble winning, knocked out Europa league semi finals on goals difference side lol.
Accepted a 20 million bid for Young Devine from the youths and he knocked back the contract :(

1 point ahead of that lot 2 games into February in my first season lost both games to them 1-0 and 3-1 so far away to Hamilton next in the league before facing them again.

Any set piece tips? Majority of goals I lose are from set pieces.

Thanks mate that’s just superb

Shows how basic I use this game

This is just one of the things I love about the game mate. It’s so detailed that it’s virtually impossible to be utilising every feature, so there’s always something new to discover.

After reading this thread I tried to sign mieling in summer and January of first season, wanted star player status so I walked away then in January they had a non negotiable realise clause of 5m in contract, Hopefully third time lucky in the summer when no doubt offers come in for Borna.

At the end of February in the game and running away with league. Won the league and still in the Scottish cup. Progressed to last 32 of EL Drew besitkas and it’s currently 1-1 after the away first leg .

Sold tavernier who was brilliant for me on January deadline day to spurs for 28m, was only able to bring in Cedric on loan so should have a decent summer transfer budjet.

Last edited:
So the free trial has expired with me just about to rip back into the title race (currently third in my second season at the beginning of Jan - won the treble first season).

I don't fancy paying £40 on steam for it but if buy from another source will i lose my saved game?

So the free trial has expired with me just about to rip back into the title race (currently third in my second season at the beginning of Jan - won the treble first season).

I don't fancy paying £40 on steam for it but if buy from another source will i lose my saved game?

Argos were selling it for £20, I picked it up in a Sainsbury Argos shop. You get the key code in the box and just register it on Steam. I done that yesterday and picked up my save with no issues.

If you buy it on CDKeys or something for steam you'll be totally fine.

I'm 90% sure that your save will be fine regardless, make sure to back it up though

Argos were selling it for £20, I picked it up in a Sainsbury Argos shop. You get the key code in the box and just register it on Steam. I done that yesterday and picked up my save with no issues.

Thanks - just realised it only seems to be the PC version that its available elsewhere. I'm running it on a Mac.

Doesn't seem to be on their now... Keep going to buy it for £40 then pausing as i'm certain when i do someone will show me where i can get it for half the price!

Nevermind just checked there it was steam.

Had a look about seems to be slim pickings re: mac. Annoying.

Anyone know after playing the free trial, if I purchase the Touch version will I be able to continue my original save? Or would I need to buy the full version?

Anyone know after playing the free trial, if I purchase the Touch version will I be able to continue my original save? Or would I need to buy the full version?
No mate as the touch version is different to the full version. If you do buy the full version, you get the touch version free with it for PC. Assuming it was the full version you was playing tho?

Ooft just signed Mason Greenwood for 22 million - was out of contract end of the season- had plenty of money so wanted to do business.
Season 23/24

I was about to play my first EL group game against AZ and when looking at them accidentally asked for their last match report which froze my fucking laptop. %^*& knows when it last saved as its on a fortnight rolling save ffs. Will turn it on later and see.

I need tactics help, no matter what I play I do well for like 15 games n then it goes to pot even though I haven’t changed anything, doing my head in.
Teams start to suss your tactics out if you dont switch it up i believe.

I started this season with the control possession tactic in a 4-2-3-1 formation but tweaked the passing to standard and tempo slightly faster and so far doing well with it.

Iv got another tactic with gegenpress and another with a DM in the fluid counter attack tactic for games against bigger teams. Although iv found using the DM in control possession works good against some better teams.

I need tactics help, no matter what I play I do well for like 15 games n then it goes to pot even though I haven’t changed anything, doing my head in.

You answered your own question unfortunately - it’s because you’ve not changed anything. I found in my earlier seasons, the AI was really good at figuring out my tactics (by the last few, I had enough spending power to buy enough world class players that it didn’t matter).

In those earlier seasons, I had two primary tactics. A 4231 and a 4123. My preferred tactic was my attacking 4231 but when teams started scoring more into me, I’d switch to my control 4123. Usually that would do the trick then I could move back to my 4231.

In my later seasons, I decided I was too good to ever use a DM against the SPFL dross so I solely played my attacking 4231. What this meant was that when teams sussed me, I had to tweak within the formation. My usual ways of doing this we’re doing down from the attacking mentality to the control mentality. And adjusting some team instructions (usually moving my defensive line back one and changing “work into box” to “shoot on sight”). I’d keep those tweaks for a few games again and then switch back to my normal one.

The team report section below your starting 11 in the tactics screen was very useful for me. Clicking the negatives, I could see where my backroom staff had identified flaws in my tactics. Mostly it was too many touches to goals (hence the changes I described above). It’s worth checking that screen to see what your backroom staff say need changed.

Resigned as manager at end of 3rd season, King started being a pain and so I rejected the contract offers that came my way and left at end of the season, beating Aberdeen 6-2 in the Scottish Cup final in my last game. Been linked with jobs across Europe but only applied at Spurs and got an interview. Waiting for a bundesliga job to pop up though as I quite fancy that challenge.

i started a new low rep, unemployed save (now got Frankfurt Job) in addition to playing gers save, it's gonna get busy lol
It was the Frankurt one i went for in my unemployed save! Didnt enjoy it, although started off well. I just cant get into game that isnt me managing Rangers ffs.

I'm in September (season 3) after winning back to back trebles but had a poor start...

Drew my opener at home to St Johnstone & got beat twice in 4 days at Torbett Towers (league & LC Qtr Final).

Not ideal to be changing tactics in September but i've decided to ditch my romantic idea of 90's Man Utd 4-4-2 as it just leaves us too open in bigger games.

First game using it, we beat Hearts 2-0 & looked a bit more secure at the back with the added bonus that i now finally have the opportunity to play Ross McCrorie at CDM.

Just about to start my second season, any Scottish players from elsewhere who develop well?
Honestly? Not really. Ryan Gauld becomes a decent squad midfield option but not much more and is usually on a free after his contract expires. Scott Banks is a good one too but if you’re on the January squads then he’ll be at Palace.

An outside punt is Michael Ruth. He scored for fun for Falkirk in the league and in Europe for multiple years in my save. He probably won’t scout well but is again another decent scouting option. I didn’t sign him but he would always score against me!

I bought the mobile version today and started with Rangers. Drew my first two league games and put out the cup by St Johnstone. Won every European game, including putting PSV out in the third.

Shite domestically and doing well in Europe; can’t really complain on how realistic the game is so far.

I swear theyve made this easier with the latest update. Im finding the league so much easier than my first save. Havent been tempted to scum save once yet haha. Its either that or im just playing with my tactics better. I used to tweak the custom presets so much i think i fucked them up. Keeping them simpler now.

Can anyone tell me what the main differences are between the full PC version and the Touch version? Always had the full version but laptop starting to struggle and wondered if Touch version still much the same as full version.

I swear theyve made this easier with the latest update. Im finding the league so much easier than my first save. Havent been tempted to scum save once yet haha. Its either that or im just playing with my tactics better. I used to tweak the custom presets so much i think i fucked them up. Keeping them simpler now.
You’re probably bored of me always replying now :)) But I agree about keeping it simpler. It does take some getting used to but you need to think of the players as actual human beings. Every single line you see on your tactical style is something your player has to remember. If you have any individual instructions then they have to remember those too. Then if you set opposition instructions then there’s more they need to remember to apply! My current tactic has 20 instructions in my tactical style, there’s not a chance I would be able to remember them all if I was a player on top of everything else going on.

What you’ll find is that as the game progresses and your squad gets better (and also more familiar with your tactics) it’ll be easier for them to remember, and apply, their instructions. If you’re doing a lower league save or a save with a ‘bad’ team then you would definitely want to reduce the number of instructions you give the team.

It probably goes without saying but your pre-season friendlies are a great opportunity to play around with your tactics and remove/add/change some instructions to see what impact it has.

Can anyone tell me what the main differences are between the full PC version and the Touch version? Always had the full version but laptop starting to struggle and wondered if Touch version still much the same as full version.
The Touch version has a reduced subset of features and I think you can only have 3 countries set to playable in a save so it goes quicker as a result. It’s basically more akin to playing FM say 10 years ago feature wise.

Iv played the touch version on my laptop (you get it free with full game) and tbh it isnt running any faster than the full version. My laptop just cant hack it like my PC can.

Iv played the touch version on my laptop (you get it free with full game) and tbh it isnt running any faster than the full version. My laptop just cant hack it like my PC can.
I've always played it on my laptop but was thinking Touch on the iPad.

Back