Rangers on FM 2020

January 2025 - Just received a £36m bid from Arsenal for McCrorie - £30m up front, £6m in instalments & 10% of next fee, I had to accept.

January 2025 - Just received a £36m bid from Arsenal for McCrorie - £30m up front, £6m in instalments & 10% of next fee, I had to accept.
That’s a great deal tbf! Which McCrorie? It’s a great deal for either but I just assumed it was Ross.

I’ve pretty much gutted out my backroom staff, got better scouts, new DOF, new head of academy etc

I’m hoping means I will get better regens in the intake

In previous versions I’ve just tried to get as many Rangers men in as possible.

Now I keep and eye on sackings and try to nab some of the best coaches or assistances that are newly unemployed

Not sure mate. Never even tried a national team before will maybe give it a go at some point.

I've heard that you could be offered it in the 2015 version, just wondering if it has happened to anyone on the latest version.

oXfSrjp.jpg

experimenting with a new formation, that front 3 is scary af lol valverde just signed for £38mil :eek::eek: :oops: :oops: :p :))

thanks but still can’t find that option , there’s no tab
When you go to make offer there should be the option to change it to a loan offer just above the part where you put in how much you want to offer. Sorry not on the game to take a screenshot.

Won the treble the first year, finished second, now three in a row and just been put out of the Champions League semi finals by PSG. Lost the first leg 1-0 away, was winning 1-0 at home and they got a penalty which they scored from and conceded again looking for two goals.

Slowly getting there...

Lost a few big hitters in January 2025:

McCrorie - £36m to Arsenal
Zagre - £30m to PSG (release met)
Edmundson - £16m to Derby

Decided to give a few youth players a chance since I’m about 20pts clear in February.

Louding up my save on laptop to save to the cloud so i can load it up on my PC. Laptops too slow and doing my nut in, want to crack on today after having a day off yesterday.

Finished my first season after being well clear In the league I ended up finishing a point behind them, lost the final 2 old firms. played leagues games Sunday, Tuesday with Europa league on Thursday this happened twice and I only managed 1 point of the 2 Tuesday games sandwiched behind games.

Reached the EL quarter being knocked out by arsenal 2-1 on aggregate. thankfully won the Scottish cup to add the the league cup earlier in the season beating them 2-1.

Anyone any advice on signing second season? Sold tav for 30m in January without replacing with a permanent signing and Morelos just now for 35m so have quite a large budget

McGregor, Davis and defore have all retired. Have signed Leao and turnbull so really needing a rb and GK.

Finished my first season after being well clear In the league I ended up finishing a point behind them, lost the final 2 old firms. played leagues games Sunday, Tuesday with Europa league on Thursday this happened twice and I only managed 1 point of the 2 Tuesday games sandwiched behind games.

Reached the EL quarter being knocked out by arsenal 2-1 on aggregate. thankfully won the Scottish cup to add the the league cup earlier in the season beating them 2-1.

Anyone any advice on signing second season? Sold tav for 30m in January without replacing with a permanent signing and Morelos just now for 35m so have quite a large budget

McGregor, Davis and defore have all retired. Have signed Leao and turnbull so really needing a rb and GK.

Alessandro Russo - GK
Bosko Sutalo/Hoever- RB

end of 4th season 110pts in the league, LC & SC wins, made my 1st CL final against Liverpool, got a 5* youth gk on intake, mentally challengeds manager sack their 3rd manager in 4 seasons :)

Just won my 6th double in a row with Rangers.

Current team:

Calvert Lewin - Ritchie-Hosler
Kai Kennedy​
Jon McGinn - Fleck - Oxlade Chamberlain

Chandler - Mawson - Helander - Baldock

Danny Ward

Lot of the young lads have bags of potential in the game and when you start winning the budget improves massively. Also seems that almost every player we have can be sold for big money.

Last edited:
Do you have Brazilian staff at the club? Or is your nationality set to as Brazilian (even secondary)?. The nationalities of staff do affect the intake.

If you have a feeder club in a certain country you might get players from that country in your intake.

Just checked and I have a Portuguese youth coach. Need to hire a few more ...

Just won my 6th double in a row with Rangers.

Current team:

Calvert Lewin - Ritchie-Hosler

Jon McGinn - Fleck - Oxlade Chamberlain

Chandler - Mawson - Helander - Baldock

Danny Ward

Lot of the young lads have bags of potential in the game and when you start winning the budget improves massively. Also seems that almost every player we have can be sold for big money.
Good going winning all that with only 10 players ;)

Is it true you can get offered the Scotland job while still being manager of Rangers?

Yeah, I got offered it at the start of the 2nd season.

Took it then opened up the editor and added a nationality for Tav and Goldson and called them up

Yeah, I got offered it at the start of the 2nd season.

Took it then opened up the editor and added a nationality for Tav and Goldson and called them up
How is national management mate? Just a lot of scouting of players etc in between games?

Been trying not to read or venture in. Wanted to try find my own way rather than just setup and buy same as everyone.

Enjoyed having 14 leagues active but only scotland for playing, to monitor teams look at stats for hot players.

Celtic are a fine side and its nigh on impossible to finish above them unless you can hit a 100 point season. Tried twice got done 2nd last match with a last minute Naismith penalty or I’d have had a shot at winning at Piggery for title.

Not one for actively cheating but Ive saved my 2nd game at 31st May end of season 1 (having forgot to wrap bosmans up)

Ive managed to work Brighton up from £40 million flat fee for Alfredo to £93 mil total deal.

Now repeating with Connor Goldson.

Will sign players recommended here.

Good luck all

His pace holds him back in Europe but if you have industrial midfielders supporting him in either the AP/Mez or even DLP he will bang them in. Great penalty taker as well

The only thing is that I am basing it off of his pre-January update stats but given his injury I doubt they have changed much

You're spot on with this mate...

I still use him sparingly as my midfield's really strong, but he's taken & scored 3 pens for me & every one has been right in the bottom corner.

Here’s my tactic and squad just before I resigned after my back to back CL wins and 10IAR. This thread is making me want to go back to it :))
Only move I’d want to make it upgrading Russo, who I got too attached to as he was my keeper every year I won the league and the only player to be with me for all 10.

Here’s my tactic and squad just before I resigned after my back to back CL wins and 10IAR. This thread is making me want to go back to it :))
Only move I’d want to make it upgrading Russo, who I got too attached to as he was my keeper every year I won the league and the only player to be with me for all 10.

I had so many examples of that in my FM16 save that I only ended this year when I got FM20 :))

You genuinely start picturing yourself being made Godfather to your players kids & attending their weddings.

The closest I've had to that so far is giving Andy Halliday a contract extension & bringing him on for 2 minute cameos in a couple of Cup Finals...

Other than that, he's barely kicked a ball for me, but I can just picture him teaching my Brazilian Wonderkids The Bangers n Mash in the dressing room & taking them to The District Bar during their midweek 'Team Bonding' session.

Can you cancel Defoe’s permanent deal in the first season?

Unsure if you can cancel it, but I would definitely keep him if I were you.

His link up play & finishing is superb & he's classed as 'Highly influential' so good to have in your squad as backup...

I can't remember exactly, but I'm sure his wage when he signs permanently is only around £9k so doesn't break the bank.

Defoe has been garbage for me, Kamberi was better in the first season and even he hardly played. He’s on 25k a week on mine when he actually signed

This worth paying £9 for?
definitely, the touch version for tablet/mobile/switch i presume? either way buy it the replayability is worth it alone, i bought the touch version for the switch as my old as shit pc struggles even with just a couple of leagues

definitely, the touch version for tablet/mobile/switch i presume? either way buy it the replayability is worth it alone, i bought the touch version for the switch as my old as shit pc struggles even with just a couple of leagues
iPad mate yeah

it's a LOT more streamlined in the touch version and therefore quicker to get through a season, but it's just as good imo, also for £9 you'll get a hell of a lot of playtime out of it 200+hrs minimum
No mate the £9 version isnt the touch version its the mobile version.

There’s a mobile Versace looks like the £19 one then
Aye thats the Touch one people have been talking about. Think you can load up 3 playable leagues at a time but it really is great and much faster to play.

Iv had the mobile versions before and they are decent but nothing like Touch or full version imo.

Sold Goldson at the start of my 1st season to generate a bit of cash. Won the league by 1 point won last 5 after the split including a 2-1 win at parkhead. Put out both cups at 1/4 finals. 3rd in europa group stage. Tried not to look for too many players off this & online and try find my own.

OUT
Goldson - £10.5m
Halliday - £150k
Barker - Loan
Kamara - Loan (January)
Youth loans

IN
Curtis Jones - Loan
Robert Snodgrass - Loan
Ko Itakura - £700k
Renato Tapia - £4m
Aaron Hickey - £1.8m (January)

Into 2nd season lost Mcgregor due to retirement and Morelos handed in transfer request so have accepted £28.5m plus 20% next transfer fee. Struggling to get a replacement in for Morelos think I’m going to stick with Robbie McCrorie for number 1

Back