Rangers on FM 2020

Barisic says he's outgrown the club and wants out the wee dick. What has everyone sold him for recently? He's valued at 13.5 million in my game. Just wondering how to get the best deal out of him. Said to him I'd sell him for 20 million and he took the huff.

Barisic says he's outgrown the club and wants out the wee dick. What has everyone sold him for recently? He's valued at 13.5 million in my game. Just wondering how to get the best deal out of him. Said to him I'd sell him for 20 million and he took the huff.

I took £14m for him from SIPG in my 2nd season summer window he took the huff after I rejected the first bid for him.

2nd season going better for me as I finally won a trophy I won the league cup beat the scum 2-1 in the final Katic with the winner. In the league I am 3 points behind the scum they're relentless it's hard to keep up with them. Harry Wilson keeping me in the race as Gaich and Alfie's goals have dried up. Brought Trincao on loan from Barca, an Arsenal youngster for Tav on loan and Turnbull from Motherwell.

Sold Tav in the January window for £22.5m to Liverpool.

Last edited:
Sold Goldson at the start of my 1st season to generate a bit of cash. Won the league by 1 point won last 5 after the split including a 2-1 win at parkhead. Put out both cups at 1/4 finals. 3rd in europa group stage. Tried not to look for too many players off this & online and try find my own.

OUT
Goldson - £10.5m
Halliday - £150k
Barker - Loan
Kamara - Loan (January)
Youth loans

IN
Curtis Jones - Loan
Robert Snodgrass - Loan
Ko Itakura - £700k
Renato Tapia - £4m
Aaron Hickey - £1.8m (January)

Into 2nd season lost Mcgregor due to retirement and Morelos handed in transfer request so have accepted £28.5m plus 20% next transfer fee. Struggling to get a replacement in for Morelos think I’m going to stick with Robbie McCrorie for number 1

Renato Tapia is great man, can play CB or DM I got him for about £875k & sold for £12m at the end of that season. Hickey too, bought for about £1m & sold for £21m.

Morelos replacements - Gaich, Torles Knoll, Jan Hurtado.

I used him for about 3 seasons, I got a bad Brexit in my game and his work permit was an issue, ended up loaning him to Napoli with a massive fee & wages paid & sold to some Hungarian team for £2.5m in 2023 or 2024. Need to be careful with him as his physicals deteriorate quickly at 30+

Cheers for some of the recommendations lads, I'm absolutely flying in my Rangers save.

First season - League and Scottish Cup double
Europe - Qualified from group stage in EL - drew PSG in next round all over.

Signed

Alex Blesa 1.1m who I've been loaning out
Hickey - 1.8m loaned out
Phakamani Mahlambi - 600k rising to 1.2m if you need a cheap RW AMC he is unbelievable.
Wuilker Farinez - Got him in Jan for 2.5 after McGregor wanted to go to Everton. Will easily sell for 10 times that.
Andi Zeqiri - 1.5m in Jan, just sold him to Southampton 18 months later for 43m rising to 50m

Sold

Arfield - 6.75m Everton
Tav - 24m Arsenal at end of the season

Second season - Invincible treble - 36 wins and 2 draws in the league (Hamilton at Ibrox and away at Fir Park)
Europe - Qualified for CL group stage and finished third in group with R Madrid, Juve, Leverkusen. Beat Zenit 4-1 on agg in EL but lost to Valencia next round after going down to 10 men in 2nd leg.

Signed

Almada on loan from Man City
Aleix Garcia - Bosman from City
Marco Van Ginkel - Bosman from Chelsea
Eduard Sobol - Bosman from Shaktar
Ignacio Laquintana - 6m rising to 8m from Defensor Sporting
Valentino Lazaro - 8.25m from Inter
Mohamed Daramy - 3m rising to 4m from Copenhagen

Sold

Kamara - 10.5 Fulham
Goldson - 29m Spurs in Jan

Third season - Just about to start

Signed

Martin Minchev - 5.5m Inter - Try get him from Bulgaria at start of the game he looks class
Santiago Rodriguez - 6.25m Nactional
Ronald Araujo - 7m Barca
Mario Pasalic - Bosman from Chelsea
Gianluca Busio - 7.75 Sporting Kansas City

Sold

Jordan Jones - 3.8m Bristol City
Van Ginkel - 13.5m Wolves
Aribo - 30m Norwich
Andi Zeqiri - 43m rising to 50m Southampton

Last edited:
Cheers for some of the recommendations lads, I'm absolutely flying in my Rangers save.

Signed

Phakamani Mahlambi - 600k rising to 1.2m if you need a cheap RW AMC he is unbelievable.
Wuilker Farinez - Got him in Jan for 2.5 after McGregor wanted to go to Everton. Will easily sell for 10 times that.
Andi Zeqiri - 1.5m in Jan, just sold him to Southampton 18 months later for 43m rising to 50m

Sold

Arfield - 6.75m Everton

Second season - Invincible treble - 36 wins and 2 draws in the league (Hamilton at Ibrox and away at Fir Park)

Signed

Sold

Kamara - 10.5 Fulham

Signed

Martin Minchev - 5.5m Inter - Try get him from Bulgaria at start of the game he looks class
Ronald Araujo - 7m Barca

Sold

Aribo - 30m Norwich

You got Blesa, Daramy & Busio for a bargain.

7.25m I’ve spent in the summer after the first season. Even at that I had to go the board to sign Souttar. Anything else has been bosmans or loans while the mentally challengeds have spent 57 million. Had few last minute offers for players. 30 million for barisic which Dave King accepted then spoke to him and he finally agreed with me to keep him. 35 for morelos which he ended up rejecting (both in January) and a couple for Goldson who always wants to leave but I’m not letting go on for 13 million with a day to get a replacement. I’m hooked

I took £14m for him from SIPG in my 2nd season summer window he took the huff after I rejected the first bid for him.

2nd season going better for me as I finally won a trophy I won the league cup beat the scum 2-1 in the final Katic with the winner. In the league I am 3 points behind the scum they're relentless it's hard to keep up with them. Harry Wilson keeping me in the race as Gaich and Alfie's goals have dried up. Brought Trincao on loan from Barca, an Arsenal youngster for Tav on loan and Turnbull from Motherwell.

Sold Tav in the January window for £22.5m to Liverpool.

Lost the league by 4 points got absolutely pumped by Hearts 5-1 in the split which ended any glimour of hope that I had. 3 draws killed me before the split as well 2-0 up away to the scum drew 2-2 another sending off which killed me.

Got a new contract though cause I won the cup sealed Harry Wilson and Trincao on loan so will make a start later on at my third season.

Won the league with 106 points, dropped 8 points the whole season. Also won the league and the Scottish cup so that’s me done a treble three years in a row. Sold my centre half backup Svetozar Markovic for £30m and brought in a wonderkid from Mexico for £5m.

On season 24/25 on laptop, hardest part was stopping celtic winning 10 and failed they went on an won 11. I’ve now taken top spot got £100 million in the bank won the Europa league twice. Playing with quite a few youth prospects From the start who have done very well.

Squad is mainly Scottish. Only first team players from the start I have is Katic, Kent and Morelos. Youth players are Adam Devine, Cole McKinnon, Jay Hogarth, Alex Lowry, Ross McCrorie and Dapo Mebude.

Gave Robbie McCrorie one season as number one and was brutal mistakes every third game failing to punt him currently.

Biggest signing I made was in 2022/23 season, signed Franciso Trincão from Barcelona for £15.5m. Kept him two seasons and sold him for £45m to Arsenal. Same with Harry Wilson, signed him for £11m sold him after two and half season to Wolves for £35m.

Just signed a regen wonderkid striker from a Corinthians for £25 million.

Season 19/20
IN

Lewis Ferguson £3.5 million
Zakaria Bakkali Loan(pure shite)
OUT
Jon Flanagan £675k
Brandon Barker Released

Season 20/21
IN

Aaron Hickey £350k
Thomas Sabizter £3.7 million
Pedro Chirivella Free
Jermaine Defeo Free
Rhian Brewster Loan
Bukayo Saka Loan
Ryan Gauld £825k
Andrea Accardi

OUT
Scott Arfield £2.3 million
James Tavernier £14.75 million
Greg Docherty £3.5 million
Glen Kamara £1.5 million
George Edmundson £2 million

Season 21/22
IN

Harry Cochrane £2 million
Eamonn Brophy £1.7million
Sofiane Diop £5.5 million (flop and shite)
Naci Unuvar Loan
Tosin Abaraioyo Free
Javi Martinez Free
Harry WIlson £11 million
John Souttar £9.75 million

OUT
Joe Aribo £30 million
Filip Helander £7.25 million
Connor Goldson £10.5 million

Season 22/23
IN

Franciso Trincão £15.5 million
Stefan Bajic £8 million
Kieran Strachan £3 million (Regen)

OUT
Eamonn Brophy £1.3 million
Ryan Gauld £525k
Tosin Abaraioyo £31 million

Season 23/24
IN

Samir Djukic 500k (Regen)
Angel Fracas Free (Regen)
Juan Manuel £9.25 million (Regen)
Mark Mckenzie £1.3 million (Regen)
Jon Hogg £2.4 million (Regen)
Kei Kumagai £2.6 million (Regen)

OUT
Ryan Jack £4.9 million
Thomas Sabizter (£8.5 million rising to £9.5 million)
Harry Wilson £35 million(rising to £37.5 million)

Season 24/25
IN

Dom White £4 million (Regen)
Samual Nuhu £8.5 million (Regen)
Luis Antonio £25 million (Regen)
Yukhym Konoplya £5.5 million

OUT
Kane Ritchie-Hosler £17.25 million
Franciso Trincão £45 million
Borna Barisic £5.75 million (rising to £7 million)
John Souttar £1million (huge loss but contract running down)
Pedro Chirivella £15million (had to sell causing bother in the squad should got £20 million upwards)

Honours so far...

Scottish Cup... 2021
League Cup... 2023, 2024
League... 2023, 2024
Super Cup... 2024
Europa League... 2021,2024

Last edited:
Anyone know how you move a reserve player into the first team on the switch? Cannot for the life of me work it out.

Signed

Hickey - 1.8m loaned out

Sold

Arfield - 6.75m Everton

Europe - Qualified for CL group stage and finished third in group with R Madrid, Juve, Leverkusen. Beat Zenit 4-1 on agg in EL but lost to Valencia next round after going down to 10 men in 2nd leg.

Signed

Sold

Kamara - 10.5 Fulham

Signed

Ronald Araujo - 7m Barca

Sold

Aribo - 30m Norwich

Jones is a beast in my save, his stats arent up to much but he has them in the right places. I am playing him as an inverted winger (attack). 20 appearances, 15 goals, 9 assists. Average rating 7.91

Does anyone know how to upload images i uploaded it to image website but i get an error when i put the link into the image tab of the post

Anyone know how you move a reserve player into the first team on the switch? Cannot for the life of me work it out.

Right click on players name, squad then move to first team

EDIT : Sorry didnt realise you were on switch, dont know if this would be the same

Last edited:
I think the right shoulder button might give you some of those options when you’re on the player profile? Been a while since I played.

Signed

Hickey - 1.8m loaned out

Sold

Arfield - 6.75m Everton

Signed

Sold

Kamara - 10.5 Fulham

Signed

Ronald Araujo - 7m Barca

Sold

Aribo - 30m Norwich
Invincible treble? :oops: :oops: What tactic are using that is that good?

Not Rangers related but just managed to get Brentford promoted in season 1 in a network game with my mate as champions, he was WBA & finished 8th missing the playoffs by 2pts.

Would recommend an online game to anyone, adds a new dimension to it.

sold him when he turned 30 for £18.5mil (i think) to some chinese mob, the same team i sold jordan jones to for £6mil

Invincible treble? :oops: :oops: What tactic are using that is that good?
Save scum tactic :))
Haven't saved scum since I was about 12, what's the point? completely ruins the game and any achievements. Happy to share screenshots if tell me how to do it.

Tactic I downloaded was from SI community forum they have a tactics thread with all different ones in there. The one I use is called tea for one by a guy called Knap, I tweaked it a little bit to fit my side as well as having my own defensive tactic I made for when I want to shut up shop.

Haven't saved scum since I was about 12, what's the point? completely ruins the game and any achievements. Happy to share screenshots if tell me how to do it.

Tactic I downloaded was from SI community forum they have a tactics thread with all different ones in there. The one I use is called tea for one by a guy called Knap, I tweaked it a little bit to fit my side as well as having my own defensive tactic I made for when I want to shut up shop.
Using the same one. Tweaked the CM roles but works a treat!

I was only joking mate, had tactics like that myself were you find it hard to lose.

What is the threads name? I’m on the forum but can’t find the exact one? Cheers

Just signed my biggest ever signing. In season 24/25 Goncalo Ramos from Benfica, 54 million!! Triggered his release clause. Had money to burn too after selling Aribo for 60 million to Wolves. (Chairman took over the deal)
4-2-3-1
Mccrorie
Patterson
Hickey
Adam Devine
Antov
Sambi lokonga
Ross mccrorie
Soloman
Ramos
Symanski
Greenwood
Subs
Dolberg, comert, borelli, andre almeria, ritchie-hosler bartol barasic, rossbach

Cruising the league and won league cup. mentally challengeds 20 points behind and I'm into feb. Champions league knockout game v spurs!

Took a couple days breaks and thought id sneak on for a bit and just knocked the scum out of the Betfred cup beating them 1-0. :))

On season 24/25 on laptop, hardest part was stopping celtic winning 10 and failed they went on an won 11. I’ve now taken top spot got £100 million in the bank won the Europa league twice. Playing with quite a few youth prospects From the start who have done very well.

Squad is mainly Scottish. Only first team players from the start I have is Katic, Kent and Morelos. Youth players are Adam Devine, Cole McKinnon, Jay Hogarth, Alex Lowry, Ross McCrorie and Dapo Mebude.

Gave Robbie McCrorie one season as number one and was brutal mistakes every third game failing to punt him currently.

Biggest signing I made was in 2022/23 season, signed Franciso Trincão from Barcelona for £15.5m. Kept him two seasons and sold him for £45m to Arsenal. Same with Harry Wilson, signed him for £11m sold him after two and half season to Wolves for £35m.

Just signed a regen wonderkid striker from a Corinthians for £25 million.

Season 19/20
IN

Lewis Ferguson £3.5 million
Zakaria Bakkali Loan(pure shite)
OUT
Jon Flanagan £675k
Brandon Barker Released

Season 20/21
IN

Aaron Hickey £350k
Thomas Sabizter £3.7 million
Pedro Chirivella Free
Jermaine Defeo Free
Rhian Brewster Loan
Bukayo Saka Loan
Ryan Gauld £825k
Andrea Accardi

OUT
Scott Arfield £2.3 million
James Tavernier £14.75 million
Greg Docherty £3.5 million
Glen Kamara £1.5 million
George Edmundson £2 million

Season 21/22
IN

Harry Cochrane £2 million
Eamonn Brophy £1.7million
Sofiane Diop £5.5 million (flop and shite)
Naci Unuvar Loan
Tosin Abaraioyo Free
Javi Martinez Free
Harry WIlson £11 million
John Souttar £9.75 million

OUT
Joe Aribo £30 million
Filip Helander £7.25 million
Connor Goldson £10.5 million

Season 22/23
IN

Franciso Trincão £15.5 million
Stefan Bajic £8 million
Kieran Strachan £3 million (Regen)

OUT
Eamonn Brophy £1.3 million
Ryan Gauld £525k
Tosin Abaraioyo £31 million

Season 23/24
IN

Samir Djukic 500k (Regen)
Angel Fracas Free (Regen)
Juan Manuel £9.25 million (Regen)
Mark Mckenzie £1.3 million (Regen)
Jon Hogg £2.4 million (Regen)
Kei Kumagai £2.6 million (Regen)

OUT
Ryan Jack £4.9 million
Thomas Sabizter (£8.5 million rising to £9.5 million)
Harry Wilson £35 million(rising to £37.5 million)

Season 24/25
IN

Dom White £4 million (Regen)
Samual Nuhu £8.5 million (Regen)
Luis Antonio £25 million (Regen)
Yukhym Konoplya £5.5 million

OUT
Kane Ritchie-Hosler £17.25 million
Franciso Trincão £45 million
Borna Barisic £5.75 million (rising to £7 million)
John Souttar £1million (huge loss but contract running down)
Pedro Chirivella £15million (had to sell causing bother in the squad should got £20 million upwards)

Honours so far...

Scottish Cup... 2021
League Cup... 2023, 2024
League... 2023, 2024
Super Cup... 2024
Europa League... 2021,2024
Forgot to mention I also pumped the mentally challengeds out the Europa League in the quarters on my Europa League run in 2024 :)):)).

So far 2024/25 season won the league cup, joint leaders with the mentally challengeds and in the last 16 of Champions league, probably get humped off Barcelona though.

Does anyone know how to improve the youth candidates that come through at the end of each season? I always seem to get 2 star max prospects.

Does anyone know how to improve the youth candidates that come through at the end of each season? I always seem to get 2 star max prospects.

Bin the Head of Youth & hire someone who can spot potential & has 20 or close to it working with youngsters.

Hire the best available youth coaches. Also hire foreign ones as it increases the chances of you getting youth candidates from that country/surrounding areas. I’ve got a Portuguese youth coach at rangers & just got a Brazilian lad in 2025.

Just finished 1st season with the treble. Celtic were utter gash, they lost 12 games and finished about 19 points behind. Started the season with a 4-4-2 diamond, sold all my wingers plus Arfield and bought in Gaich to partner Morelos up top, Nicholas De La Cruz in CM(absolute bargain at just over 4m and Lovro Majer to compete with Hagi for AM.

Started off well but goals etc dried up around november and started drawing loads and struggled to 1-0 wins etc so changed to 4-2-3-1 at new year, bought Weiss for about 500k and got Minamino on loan from Liverpool, what a difference they made.

Also Barasic with 29 assists!
How did you manage to spend £4m on one player in season 1?
I've just resigned after losing the league and scf in season 2. No money for transfers and nobody offering anything for my players.

Won the treble in season 1.

Trying not to read any other advice.

I’d originally tried a 4-2-3-1 and was having no joy with it. Forever exposed at back and just passing round aimlessly. Possibly i had a setting ticked that stopped them trying to break lines.

4-1-2-2-1 gegenpress is superb

Tav and Barisic will get offers. Sign them up early.

If you do sell a player keep eye on transfers window you can get a cashout offer for clauses for example if 3 mil is due over a year you could agree to take 2.5 mil to exit the deal.

Stumbled on Jude Bellingham trying to work out if I can find a cross border angle to get him in front of prem teams.

Trying not to read any other advice.

I’d originally tried a 4-2-3-1 and was having no joy with it. Forever exposed at back and just passing round aimlessly. Possibly i had a setting ticked that stopped them trying to break lines.

4-1-2-2-1 gegenpress is superb

Tav and Barisic will get offers. Sign them up early.

If you do sell a player keep eye on transfers window you can get a cashout offer for clauses for example if 3 mil is due over a year you could agree to take 2.5 mil to exit the deal.

Stumbled on Jude Bellingham trying to work out if I can find a cross border angle to get him in front of prem teams.

Bellingham is class. If you get him get him on a long deal and with a 50-60m release clause as he’s EPL quality at like 17-18.

See my post #671 in this thread. One of the game devs explained all the factors.

Is there any point in changing tactics from game to game?

I usually play 4123 with Positive, win most games at home etc.

If I'm due to play away in Europe I'll change to 4411 cautious... always seem to lose and concede at least 2 or 3 goals?

2 year in a row finishing first in the Europa league group stage and getting fucked with a champions league team! That’ll be me out again. mentally challengeds are near enough impossible to stop in my game, spent 57 million in the summer to my 6 million and only points they ever drop are against me

I dont cheat at the actual football matches but i do make a point of saving before big negotiations.

Alfredo Morelos sold for £93 million total deal to Brighton. I offered him out at 40 mil day after season end. May 2020.

Taverniers agent was an arse wouldnt let release clause go above 14 mil sold to spurs for 41 mil total deal.

I reckon Barisic will follow suit ive nabbed Owen Wijndal for 5.5 most in installments.

Denzel Dumfries from PSV 17 mil total deal.

Raking in cash and beefing up squad (in an underhand manner)

I’d recommend a player search for contract expiring and value over a mil start of season

Then a further search for EPL and EFL u23 players expiring just before 29th Dec. Nip in and nab everyone wanted by prem teams

Is there any point in changing tactics from game to game?

I usually play 4123 with Positive, win most games at home etc.

If I'm due to play away in Europe I'll change to 4411 cautious... always seem to lose and concede at least 2 or 3 goals?
Definitely worth it... Horses for courses. If youre playing at home against a team sitting in then your tactics will be very different to playing in the bernabeu.

Just won four in a row and the 2025 Club World Cup beating Dortmund, Chelsea and then Inter in the final.

Guessing I qualified because I was in the Champions League semi finals the year before.

I dont cheat at the actual football matches but i do make a point of saving before big negotiations.

Alfredo Morelos sold for £93 million total deal to Brighton. I offered him out at 40 mil day after season end. May 2020.

Taverniers agent was an arse wouldnt let release clause go above 14 mil sold to spurs for 41 mil total deal.

I reckon Barisic will follow suit ive nabbed Owen Wijndal for 5.5 most in installments.

Denzel Dumfries from PSV 17 mil total deal.

Raking in cash and beefing up squad (in an underhand manner)

I’d recommend a player search for contract expiring and value over a mil start of season

Then a further search for EPL and EFL u23 players expiring just before 29th Dec. Nip in and nab everyone wanted by prem teams

Wijndal is an absolute beast.

Back