Rangers on FM 2020

Definitely worth it... Horses for courses. If youre playing at home against a team sitting in then your tactics will be very different to playing in the bernabeu.

I used a Walter Smith tactic away in Europe and it worked in keeping the score down.

4 defenders, 2 defensive midfielders, 3 central midfielders and 1 lone forward.

Got a few away draws that I'd never have thought we'd get a point in.

How did you manage to spend £4m on one player in season 1?
I've just resigned after losing the league and scf in season 2. No money for transfers and nobody offering anything for my players.

Won the treble in season 1.
Sold Arfield, Kent, Barker and Jones to build some funds up.

Got about 6m for Arfield from Everton, 6.5m for Kent and about 2m for barker and Jones combined

Just won the treble 24/25 season and 3 in a row in the league. Arsehole regen had a £45 million release clause so lost him to hertha fucking berlin, and sold katic for £15 million along with Morelos for £35 million at 29 thats a miracle.

Signed a regen from Feyenoord for £65 million seems to be on the road to being world class will be interesting if a can get £100 million plus for him and signed a French wonderkid from Liverpool for £30 million.

Aim this season is treble and too get the semi final of the champions league.

Sold Goldson at the start of my 1st season to generate a bit of cash. Won the league by 1 point won last 5 after the split including a 2-1 win at parkhead. Put out both cups at 1/4 finals. 3rd in europa group stage. Tried not to look for too many players off this & online and try find my own.

OUT
Goldson - £10.5m
Halliday - £150k
Barker - Loan
Kamara - Loan (January)
Youth loans

IN
Curtis Jones - Loan
Robert Snodgrass - Loan
Ko Itakura - £700k
Renato Tapia - £4m
Aaron Hickey - £1.8m (January)

Into 2nd season lost Mcgregor due to retirement and Morelos handed in transfer request so have accepted £28.5m plus 20% next transfer fee. Struggling to get a replacement in for Morelos think I’m going to stick with Robbie McCrorie for number 1
2nd season won the league with an invincible season drawing 2 games both away to Hibs. Won the Scottish cup and beat 1/4 off tims in the league cup. Group stages in champions league but got pumped in a group with Barca, Man Utd & Zenit. Transfers below.

OUT
Morelos - £28.5m
Tapia - £6m (release clause)
Docherty - £3.5m
Jones - £1m
Barker - £650k
Polster - £70k
Flanagan - Free
McGregor - Retired
Youth loans & free deals

IN
Felix Nmexha - Loan
Ianis Hagi - Loan
Jermaine Defoe - Free
Ben Hamer - £325k
Sol Brynn - £45k
Marko Pjaca - £4.2m (class ended up top scorer)
Donyell Mallen - £8m
Karl Toko Ekambi - Loan
Paddy McNair - £6.5m

Currently in S2 running with:

McGregor
Dumfries - Helander - Johnston - Barisic
Hagi - Ferguson - Gomez - Kent
Morelos - Leao​

If you get loans you are happy with go into transfer offer during season and you can try extend it another season

Morelos is as good as a man short in this for me, 2 seasons in and he’s barely got 20 goals in that time.

Anyone got a decent replacement signed for him?

He scored 30 goals in my second season with only 9 in the SPL.

He's started the third season in excellent form. Maybe persist?

Fourth Season at the mo. Won the UEFA and domestic cups in season two. Champs League was too much for us last season but won the domestic treble & had a clean sweep against them. Top at the mo and qualified from the UEFA group stage but really just waiting in a job offer at the mo.

I’ve sold Morelos (30+ each season) Katic and Kamara for healthy profit,

These 'Helicopter Sundays' aren't good for the blood pressure.

Season 3 & we've just won 3 in a row....

Worst season yet though as i had a clean sweep domestically in my first two years but only managed the league this season.

I've been absolutely rotten in Europe too tbh.

VBDGdQv.jpg

I just don't get the values of players for them, struggle to sell players for good worth and have to deal with unhappy players constantly.

Goldson took the huff to had to sell for £14m in total, £7m up front.
Katic in the huff so battling to keep him for likes of Standard Leige, Young Boys.

While they are selling bolingoli to Porto for £13.25m rising to £16.25m.

He scored 30 goals in my second season with only 9 in the SPL.

He's started the third season in excellent form. Maybe persist?
He’s a nightmare for me, value has gone way down because of his rubbish form, got me ripping my hair out lol!

Got a young Uruguayan lad coming in on a pre contract who looks the business he’s not joining for half a season yet.

Got about 6m for Arfield from Everton, 6.5m for Kent and about 2m for barker and Jones combined

if i try to sell arfield for £6m it gets blocked by board, minimum i can let him go for is £7.5m but nobody wants him, same with barker/jones all three need to go on loan :(

accidentally saved over season 5 gers save :oops::eek::eek::eek: back to scratch i guess o_O
Can maybe try finding the save file in Windows Explorer, right-clicking the file and "Restore previous versions"? It doesn't always work but it's worth a try if you were enjoying the game :))

Think you've made a mistake with Kent, I sold him for £17m plus 10% sell on at the beginning of my second season. Kept Arfield though and ended up selling for £3.5m to Seattle.

I just don't get the values of players for them, struggle to sell players for good worth and have to deal with unhappy players constantly.

Goldson took the huff to had to sell for £14m in total, £7m up front.
Katic in the huff so battling to keep him for likes of Standard Leige, Young Boys.

While they are selling bolingoli to Porto for £13.25m rising to £16.25m.

Try and keep Katic mate, I got £23m from Arsenal end of my 2nd season.

I just set their prices unrealistic and once the interest goes away they eventually settle and sign a new deal.

After three seasons Real Madrid came in and bid £60 million out of the blue for Joe Aribo :oops: . Before that my highest sale had been Alfie to nice for £24 mill. Random ! they didn’t attempt a lower offer either just boom right in there . I now have over £120 million in the coffers

ok, so started a new gers save after accidentally overwriting the other by mistake, 1 month in and just sold Tav to Liverpool for £24.5mil, brought in Lewis Baker for £3mil & Bachmann for £500k, in process of trying to get Hickey & Ki-Jana Hoever in, sold Barker, Halliday & Stewart (£3mil combined)

Promoted Patterson, KRH, Lowry, McPake, NYC to senior squad, NYC sent out on loan as an important player to get games.

Running with 4231 gegenpress positive tactic, that can change to 4141 for defensive purposes

Into my 3rd season and at January unbeaten in the league 2 points ahead but they have a game in hand 14 wins 7 draws. Lost the betfred 2-0 to them had been going cautious against them as it had been working but changed to positive and got pumped.

In the knockout rounds of that new european trophy topped the group with 16 points. Sory Kaba been brilliant for me signed him for £3m and he's at 21 goals, Trincao 16, Wilson 14 goals and 21 assists and Gaich 14 goals.

Just started and need some advice.

What's the best way to play Tav and Barisic??.. i usually go full back/support but that's not natural for them.

Also Ryan Jack.. I wanted to play him defensive midfield but again not natural.. anyone play him there anyway?

I've got all 3 working on developing new positions but dont fancy going into the first season with 2 full backs and a holding mid who dont look natural in that formation.

I'm playing 4-1-2-3

Just started and need some advice.

What's the best way to play Tav and Barisic??.. i usually go full back/support but that's not natural for them.

Also Ryan Jack.. I wanted to play him defensive midfield but again not natural.. anyone play him there anyway?

I've got all 3 working on developing new positions but dont fancy going into the first season with 2 full backs and a holding mid who dont look natural in that formation.

I'm playing 4-1-2-3

Sometimes the natural roles aren’t always the best. I got the most joy out of Tav & Barisic playing them as complete wingback support their assist numbers were unbelievable.
Get Barisic on corners & FK’s too.

Played Jack as a DM but Regista role, occasionally CM box to box.

Dont go drawing a load of Scottish Cup matches.

They make you play the postponed league matches during international break

Getting tired of:

Ian beale thinks Jake Hastie is unhappy as he thinks he should be doing more quickness training.

cool - added.

jake hastie is unhappy at the extra training.

I need help again . I’ve fallen into the mire of drawing , drawing drawing almost every game . I’m not so clued up on the formations and I fear I’m doing something wrong .

Can someone recommend a good basic formation and tell me whether to go attack , control , short or long passing , etc to get me a team who sometimes lose but mostly win and avoid the draws . Draws are killing me ! Currently playing 4-2-3-1 balanced and mixed passing

Thanks in advance !

Into season 22/23 qualified 2nd in Champions league group with Inter Benfica and Galatasaray. Drew Man City played 1st leg at home 2-2.
Had bought Moriba on a free but insisted on 28 million release value plus to strengthen defence, coaching staff and sign a pal to help him settle. So never managed a pal and he became unhappy, couldn’t get a new contract and Madrid came and stole him away
Getting stadium expanded finally and managed to sell a few squad players for good money.
league cup in the bag again, coasting the league and still in the Scottish semi.
need a couple game changing regens to make moves in Champions league I feel.

Just finished first season on FM Touch.
Got to the last 32 of the europa, scraping past Frankfurt, Utrecht and Wolves in the qualifiers, Torino, APOEL and Sporting Lisbon in the group and then going out to PSV.
Donestically, lost the first Derby 4-2, knocked them out of the league cup, beat them in the Scottish cup final and won the treble.
Into pre-season and my DOF has played a blinder with seven bosmans and getting Pacienca on loan from Frankfurt. Kamara on the way to Genk for £12m. Happy to let him take control of the interest in Barisic, Katic, Goldson and Morelos.

Baffling, Hertha Berlin have just won the Bundesliga and Hamilton have finished 3rd in the league and are in the Champions League :)) :)) :)) .

Lost the league last game of the season at home to the scum and put out the semis of the scottish cup by Dundee who won it. Rebuild again this season looks like, Man United just bid £40 million for Hickey.

@mathers1 - I know we touched on this a couple of weeks ago, but I feel as though I have far too many u18's in my first team squad just because I want them to be part of a mentoring group.

Do you think the influence of u18 coaches would be as good as being mentored by players?

Same with my Reserves, I don't actually have players in my reserve squad as such, i just make them available on a game by game basis which basically means my reserve coaches aren't being utilised.

Just about to start season 4 so maybe a good opportunity to organise my 3 squads & start utilising u18 & reserve coaches properly.

I have a fair amount who are too old for the u18's now too, but not quite ready for the first team yet so may move them to the Rezys.

Just a pity it means the mentoring side of it will suffer.

@mathers1 - I know we touched on this a couple of weeks ago, but I feel as though I have far too many u18's in my first team squad just because I want them to be part of a mentoring group.

Do you think the influence of u18 coaches would be as good as being mentored by players?

Same with my Reserves, I don't actually have players in my reserve squad as such, i just make them available on a game by game basis which basically means my reserve coaches aren't being utilised.

Just about to start season 4 so maybe a good opportunity to organise my 3 squads & start utilising u18 & reserve coaches properly.

I have a fair amount who are too old for the u18's now too, but not quite ready for the first team yet so may move them to the Rezys.

Just a pity it means the mentoring side of it will suffer.

You can have youth boys in the senior squad & just set their under 18/reserve availability to 90 mins. Also if you’d rather have them down there anyway just add them into the first team training.

I’ve got 4-5 of my own regens now who are cracking and right in amongst it. Still only getting 1-2 decent lads per crop, I’ve got the best youth & reserve coaches available so I can maximise their potential. Anything below 3* and they get sold, if any of my u18 aren’t playing champ on loan at 17-18 & then SPL the following season at least then I punt them too. Ruthless stuff.

You can have youth boys in the senior squad & just set their under 18/reserve availability to 90 mins. Also if you’d rather have them down there anyway just add them into the first team training.

I’ve got 4-5 of my own regens now who are cracking and right in amongst it. Still only getting 1-2 decent lads per crop, I’ve got the best youth & reserve coaches available so I can maximise their potential. Anything below 3* and they get sold, if any of my u18 aren’t playing champ on loan at 17-18 & then SPL the following season at least then I punt them too. Ruthless stuff.

Superb mate, didn't realise this was an option, thanks!

Aye, that's pretty ruthless but needs must :))

I've got the mobile version its passes the time in the car these days

Me too. Won the treble first time but papped out of UEFA cup in group stages after 1-2 loss to Beiktas at Ibrox.

Alfie on fire first season - 45 goals in 45 games but still didn't get POY. Some things never change ! Oddly enough, into second season and only had one bid for him (£13.5M) which was quickly dismissed.

Been generally playing a 4-1-2-3 with wingers either side of Alfie or Diego Rolan who I picked up for about 5M in the summer.

Kept most of the current squad and added some loanees. Katic keeps trying to leave but I won't let him.

Jordan Jones has been a really useful option and weighed in with some crucial goals evem though I rotate him, Ojo and Kent a lot.

Spent £57m (yes ...) on an unreal CB from ajax, 5* current ability .. he tore the league up with an average of over 8.00 on the season.

Now he wants to move and he’s missing training, club meetings etc and being spotted in nightclubs haha, anyone ever seen this?

Cutting my loses and selling him for £60m.

Spent £57m (yes ...) on an unreal CB from ajax, 5* current ability .. he tore the league up with an average of over 8.00 on the season.

Now he wants to move and he’s missing training, club meetings etc and being spotted in nightclubs haha, anyone ever seen this?

Cutting my loses and selling him for £60m.

Sounds more like new star soccer :))

36 million for Borna, accepting it this time since it’s the start of January, any good left backs??

I need help again . I’ve fallen into the mire of drawing , drawing drawing almost every game . I’m not so clued up on the formations and I fear I’m doing something wrong .

Can someone recommend a good basic formation and tell me whether to go attack , control , short or long passing , etc to get me a team who sometimes lose but mostly win and avoid the draws . Draws are killing me ! Currently playing 4-2-3-1 balanced and mixed passing

Thanks in advance !
I started off with the pre set control possession tactic as the players already at the club are good passers etc. I play a 4-2-3-1 but will play a 4-1-2-3 DM if away against at team in Europe for example. I also switch it to gegenpress now and then depending on opponent to mix it up at bit.

I was struggling for goals for a bit with control possession in positive so went balanced, kept the passing short but put tempo as standard and im back to beating most teams easily. Had a few last minute winners mind you and a draw away to Kilmarnock ffs. Did beat the scum 3-0 at Ibrox tho, they dont like playing against a 4-2-3-1. Think i had 70% possession lol.

Start of February 2020 and im now 5 points ahead with a game in hand and into the last 32 of EL but have drawn Borussia Dortmund ffs.

Oh and after rejecting Newcastles bids for Morelos on the last day of January window i realised im one of his favourite people :))

Should think so as well hes almost played every game for me so far. Will need to check how much hes scored as cant remember now. Hes scored quite a few tho. Including against them cvnts.

Not doin hmmm so well 2023/24 season.
Sold a few for big money pre season and signed a wonder kid from Porto Fabio Silva for £60 million.
Anyone have the issue of signing players that are scouted with 5 star potential but then they sign and now starts showing 4 potential and maybe just over?
Have too young a squad with all the potential I need players in their prime to push on now.
Easiest way probably to await my youth to come of age as not sell as many.
champions league group Arsenal Barcelona and Besiktas. Will end up 3rd and got knocked out Betfred by Hibs. After back to back Trebles.

Back