Rangers on FM 2020

Jordan Jones is pretty good as well. Didnt use him much in first season as used Ojo and been trying to sell him. Started this season on fire.

Managed to sell Arfield for £3.5 million rising to £5 million odd, still in the first transfer window. Have already added Morilla and Meling to the squad and am now looking to strengthen further.. any suggestions on who i should go for? have my eye on Agustin Almendra from boca, seems affordable, also going for Naci Unuvar and Thiago Almada but the latter doesn't want to talk to me as it stands (think i walked away from a negotiation earlier on, so will have to wait on him i think)

Managed to sell Arfield for £3.5 million rising to £5 million odd, still in the first transfer window. Have already added Morilla and Meling to the squad and am now looking to strengthen further.. any suggestions on who i should go for? have my eye on Agustin Almendra from boca, seems affordable, also going for Naci Unuvar and Thiago Almada but the latter doesn't want to talk to me as it stands (think i walked away from a negotiation earlier on, so will have to wait on him i think)

That Agustin Almendra is unbelievable in 2028, think he just moved from Monaco to Liverpool for a big fee

Defence - Schuurs, Koopmeiners
Midfield - Vlasic, Hlozek, Gravenberch, Blesa
Attack - Daramy, Hurtado, Gaich

Sold Jordan Jones to Atlanta FC for £8.5m. He is moving in February so can bring somebody in during Jan window to replace him.

Lost first CL game 5-1 away to Atletico

Beat Ajax 4-0 in my second.

Including qualifiers I have scored 47 goals in the CL already, in 10 games.

Morelos is unhappy at not getting to leave but is happy that I didnt let Barisic leave. How cantankerous :D

If you want it really cheap then sign up to xbox game pass unlimited for £1 for 1 months. It's on it on the PC app. Just cancel the subscription before the 1 month is up.

started new season, Tav sold (out of my hands) for 28.5 million to Liverpool

many incomings
Chris Mochrie
Stanislav Ivanov
Adam Hlozek
Rodrigo Riquelme
Tomas Taveres
Dennis Hadzunkivic
Brandon Cortes

3 more sign in Jan - Nicolas Acevado, Jamie yaya Mpie, Jose luis Rodriguez.

Riquelme is a star, crappy stats but plays out of his skin, best at training too - just won young player of
the month there in Nov.
hes a mid centre - att mid, play him with Davis or Jack centre of mid -4-2-3-1 formation.

1st Season - done the double League Cup and League, scraped over the line on GD, lost the SC Final on penalties to Hearts. Europa League QF before losing to eventual finalists Atalanta.

Notable ins : Thiago Alamada 5.6m

Notable Outs Arfield Al-Hilal £4.5m

2nd Season easy Treble. Lost only 1 League game all season to Hearts away. Destroyed the Mhanks 4-1 in the League Cup final. finished bottom of CL group but had a great 4-0 home victory against Monaco.

Notable Ins Aleix Garcia - Man City Free, Angel Gomes Man U Loan - Bukayo Saka Arsenal Loan, Matias Zaracho - Racing Club £ 8.75 Scott McKenna £7m, Aaron Hickey £5m plus player exchange, Vlad Weiss Free

Notable Outs: Tav Arsenal £21m, Borna China £26m, Helander Watford £9.5m, Doc Bournemouth £5.5m, Edmundson Burnely £4.5

3rd Season Just back after the winter break lost League Cup final to Hibs on pens and had slow start to the season but starting to motor now 5pts clear with a game in hand. Great CL run have gotten out the groups and Paris in the next round.

Notable Ins Lovro Majer Dinamo £8.5m, Leo Scisci San Lorenzo £5.5m, Jude Bellingham Birmingham Free

Notable Outs Thiago Alamada Liverpool £32m Glen Kamara Everton £15m Aleix Garcia Norwich £36m Alfredo Morelos Tottenham £27m

Have managed to get the board to invest heavily in junior/youth coaching and facilities the last round of regens look promising.

I've loaded a number of Leagues in the background, getting alot of players from South America notably Argentina (6 at the moment), work permits no issue always get one on appeal. Great value for money and as there is a number of players that speak a common Language they settle well.

Thiago Alamada is an amazing player turns out to be a wonderkid, he will insist on a minimum release clause but his numbers from Att Mid were ridiculous almost a goal a game, top goalscorer and top assist. Majer has been a decent replacement for him this season so far.

who does Morilla play for?

i’m in the ipad version - any idea how to search for players by name?

[/QUOTE]
at the top centre of the screen

Click on your name at the top centre of the screen where the magnifying glass is and type in the name of the player you’re looking for.

33% off the full game is available until Thursday for anyone wanting to upgrade from touch/mobile or looking to get into it without spending £40. Fill your boots.

6 seasons in now, I’ve taken Stirling Albion into the SPL from League 2. Finished 9th 2 seasons on the trot in the SPL. I then finished 2nd in my 3rd season in the top flight.

During that time I had a 2 year stint as Scotland manager and took them to the semi finals of the Euros losing to Portugal.

At the end of the season Graeme Murty (I know, Stevie G had left for the EPL) left the Rangers job and I was approached to take over.

Not many original players left at Rangers, McCrorie was there but Newcastle bought him for £13 million, only Dapo, Barjonas and Murphy are still around.

Alfredo is at Arsenal and is transfer listed for £38 million!

Started the season well, won away at St Johnstone and beat Motherwell before beating Celtic 4-3 at Parkhead with an 88th minute winner. Stephen Robinson is their current manager.

2nd season

Won the league
Pish in the cups
Go to 2nd knockout round of Europa losing to Leverkusen

Current team
McCrorie
Patterson, Goldson, Helander (need a LB)
McCrorie Aribo
Hagi
Kent Morelos Hastie

Sold Tav, Katic, Edmundson and Barisic during season 2

Just signed Hagi on a permanent deal and brought in Bates form Hamburg
Signed a few decent prospects like Jardi, Russo and Swanson

Had Brown of Huddersfield as LB on loan last year but need a new one

Morelos is worth 15m and have a 25m + 5m add ons from Newcastle
Dont want to sell but if I do I need a quality replacement

asked my board to buy Radia Nagoilian from Inter, and they duly obliged!! still amazing stats at 32 yrs old and will destroy Broon and the rest of the mentally challengeds !!
3 games in, been sent off once ! :))

Gents, in need of help. Lost the title to the scum by a point in first season and pipped to the Scottish Cup 2-1 by that mob too (Borna missed two pens). Only have 1.7 million for budget in second season and baffled by this as I had double that in first season.

Objectives were met domestically and in Europe but with nae nough I've next to no chance of competing. Did anyone have a similarly pitiful budget in year two? I should add it's only June and budget may rise but seems really small.

Gents, in need of help. Lost the title to the scum by a point in first season and pipped to the Scottish Cup 2-1 by that mob too (Borna missed two pens). Only have 1.7 million for budget in second season and baffled by this as I had double that in first season.

Objectives were met domestically and in Europe but with nae nough I've next to no chance of competing. Did anyone have a similarly pitiful budget in year two? I should add it's only June and budget may rise but seems really small.

It should’ve come in by now but when in June? If it’s really early give it another few weeks. Also what wages you got to offer? You could restructure to increase transfer budget.

Alternatively if your budget is that low, loan out a higher earner or two and see if teams will pay a fee per month and wages, then change your wages/transfer ratio accordingly. Or try to sell a first teamer.

managed to feck up signing Hagi for his pre-agreed fee as i clicked the wrong fecking button on the switch. He then wouldn't discuss a contract with me. Meh!

If you want it really cheap then sign up to xbox game pass unlimited for £1 for 1 months. It's on it on the PC app. Just cancel the subscription before the 1 month is up.

ah cool. although i'm so fecking stupid. Played when it was free on steam then stopped. got it on switch as it was cheaper. I could have been playing on PC all this time!!!!!

managed to feck up signing Hagi for his pre-agreed fee as i clicked the wrong fecking button on the switch. He then wouldn't discuss a contract with me. Meh!

I’ve accidentally clicked walk away instead of negotiate contract on the full game so many times. Infuriating.

A player i signed that's turned out good for me. Matias Zaracho. M(C), AM (R) advanced playmaker.

Signed from Racing club in Argentina for £3.4m. I only signed him after getting a press report linking me with him. He's turned into a 4 star player and is worth £11m after a season. think he's 21 at the start of the game.

This is on the Switch.

Have you sold anyone?

It should’ve come in by now but when in June? If it’s really early give it another few weeks. Also what wages you got to offer? You could restructure to increase transfer budget.

Alternatively if your budget is that low, loan out a higher earner or two and see if teams will pay a fee per month and wages, then change your wages/transfer ratio accordingly. Or try to sell a first teamer.
It looks like 1.7 is my whack, mate. Only 30 k wages available too. Cant even afford Cosgrove from Watford. Didn't see this coming as first season was successful. Going to have to try punt a first team player

Any cheapish strikers to compete with Fredo? I'm just going into season two. If anyone knows of any cheap right backs and numbers 10s too, would be most appreciated. Can consider loans too as the board have given me next to no cash.

It looks like 1.7 is my whack, mate. Only 30 k wages available too. Cant even afford Cosgrove from Watford. Didn't see this coming as first season was successful. Going to have to try punt a first team player
Did you buy anyone the first season with staggered payments? Or ask the board to buy a player you didnt have money for?

What a player Ansu Fati is. 49 goals in 47 games for me.

Having spent a fortune at the end of Season 2, I am having a bit of quieter summer.

Sold Kent for £33m and Pedro Chiravella for £15m, and bought John McGinn for £13m.

Apart from that, I have taken two Japanese players on loan; Hiroki Abe from Barca and Takefusa Kubo from Real, both are smashing players.

Last edited:
Longest FM game I've had - at Rangers for 10 years. Won a lot of trophies, brought through youth etc. and got the club to the CL Semis a few times but never cracked it. Left them with a transfer budget of 150m. Pretty enjoyable but got fairly monotonous with the big fees.

Thinking I'll do a random lower league save now.

In my second season after winning the treble and the league cup again so far. Into the winter break and Britain has left the EU now cant sign any young player from Europe wtf?

In my second season after winning the treble and the league cup again so far. Into the winter break and Britain has left the EU now cant sign any young player from Europe wtf?

I had a hard Brexit in mine as well, getting work permits for lads after that was a nightmare.

Make sure you offer players certain wages etc and always appeal, it’ll help.

Anyone noticed the regen pics. Guys at 15-16 looking weather beaten with their full facial hair.

The regen faces have got worse every year.

There’s facepacks you can download to make them more realistic but I couldn’t be bothered looking for them. The logos, badges & team names was enough

Season 6 here.

Had Jude Bellingham with an 80 mil release clause. City come from nowhere full whack and gone.

Still hurt 4 days later :))

At least Celtic get funnier finding a new Dr Jo every season.

Won the double in my 2nd season. Only domestic defeat so far is losing the LCF in 2nd season in ET against that lot. So no losses in 90 minutes.

Just sold Pedro Chirivella for £14m after signing him on a Bosnian and playing about 10 games.

Have signed Tosin Adarbiyio on a free, Juan Masia for £8.75m and Billy Gilmour on loan to get my numbers of trained at club players up.

Brought in Aaron Hickey and Jeremy Toljan in the january window for full back cover. Have quite a lot of flexibility in my squad now which is good.

Now need to make a better impression in the CL. Think I will manage to get 3rd seed this year. Only got 4 points and finished last in my only attempt at it so far

My tip is sell Goldson early on to get cash. Edmundson, Katic and Helander all become better. I rotated all 3.
I sold Goldson for 11m after a couple of games but you can probably get more.

Keep both Barisic and Tav for a season. the pre-season you'll get lower bids but ask for 25m and you'll get at least 20m.

So, to save everyone the hassle. I've gone through all 32 pages of this thread and shortlisted almost every player on it (exceptions of the well known multi million players and a handful I had already signed in my game).

One's missing will be:

Harry Cochrane
Jake Cooper (Cost 8 million but lethal at corners)
Josh Maja
Sam Cosgrove
Lovro Majer
Billy Gilmour (loan)
Dirk Proper
Andre Grey (loan)
Ki-Jana Hoever (loan)
Martin Olsson (free at start of the game and flying)
Godfried Frimpong

That should work.

Also, just created a new database following a how to guide and put us and the tims in the Vanarama National League.

Both have started unbeaten. For some reason we're still in the Betfred Cup so not sure if I've missed something. Tempted to just sync another game through to next season to make sure everything goes ok leagues and cups wise.

Anyway, Tavs has started the season with 3 hatricks in 9 games a total of 15 goals and 10 assists in 9. Firing in free kicks left right and center. Now out for 2 months with a torn thigh muscle.

15 goals in 9 for Tavernier
9 goals in 11 for Hagi
8 goals in 9 for Morelos
7 goals in 11 for both Kent and Aribo

Update: Fixed the U23 and U18 leagues.

Last edited:
I’m 10 years in now and in my 4th season as Rangers manager. Done 4 in a row (6 in a row total, 2 were won before I got the job). Won all the cups bar one Betfred as well.

In Europe I’ve made the final of the Europa losing to Arsenal and the semis of the Champions League losing to Man City.

Billy Gilmour is now in his 3rd stint with Rangers. I signed him for £2 million from Chelsea’s reserves, sold him to Newcastle for £10 million a season later. Picked him back up from Newcastle in the latest summer for £3 million!

Also signed 30 something Joe Worrall as cover. My scouts have “The fans really like this player” as one of his plusses.

I asked the board to expand the stadium and they have done so. Ibrox now holds 64,000.

Best result was tanking a John Kennedy managed Celtic 7-1 in the cup!

Just finished the 3rd season

Have won 3 in a row and not lost a single league game. Only 2 domestic defeats have been in one League cup final in ET and one SC semi final in ET. Both to celtic

Lost 2-1 on aggregate in the europa league semi in ET to Inter. They scored the winner with 3 minutes left.

Signing Billy Gilmour on a free, and also Kenny Maclean to boost the HGN numbers

Just Signed Rhian Brewster for £5.5m after having him on loan for 2 seasons. Bargain.

Highly recommend the following

Agustin Almendra
Tosin Adarabioyo
Dennis Man
Juan Macias
Nemanja Radonjic

I still have Goldson, Katic, Barisic, McCrorie, Aribo, Kent and Morelos from the original squad all player regularly.

Next moves this summer is to improve my defence. A new RB and a new CH, plus a long term replacement for Barisic needed

I fancied a change of league and after being sacked as Everton manager early on took the Genoa job in serie A. Built an empire winning multiple leagues, champions leagues the whole lot . Just been told I’m to retire at the end of this season 2048/49 at the age of 78 . Bit gutted I’ve just revamped the squad for about the fifth time and have some cracking young players . I’ll need to start again I take it , didn’t realise the game would retire me !

I fancied a change of league and after being sacked as Everton manager early on took the Genoa job in serie A. Built an empire winning multiple leagues, champions leagues the whole lot . Just been told I’m to retire at the end of this season 2048/49 at the age of 78 . Bit gutted I’ve just revamped the squad for about the fifth time and have some cracking young players . I’ll need to start again I take it , didn’t realise the game would retire me !
I have never heard of this!

Kristijan Lovric from Gorica in Croatia is amazing. Bought him from 1.4m at the end of the first season and he's scored 33 in the league from the LW as an inside forward!

Latest posts

Back