Rangers on FM 2020

I fancied a change of league and after being sacked as Everton manager early on took the Genoa job in serie A. Built an empire winning multiple leagues, champions leagues the whole lot . Just been told I’m to retire at the end of this season 2048/49 at the age of 78 . Bit gutted I’ve just revamped the squad for about the fifth time and have some cracking young players . I’ll need to start again I take it , didn’t realise the game would retire me !

Add a new manager to Genoa & retire your current one, you’ll be able to carry on the save.

I bought this and it is a cracking game but it is far too detailed imo. Last one i played was fm2015 and that was superb.

I downloaded CM 01/02 for free online and some poor bastard has done an update with all new players and signings so i have been hooked on that.

Probably my favourite game of all time.

I fancied a change of league and after being sacked as Everton manager early on took the Genoa job in serie A. Built an empire winning multiple leagues, champions leagues the whole lot . Just been told I’m to retire at the end of this season 2048/49 at the age of 78 . Bit gutted I’ve just revamped the squad for about the fifth time and have some cracking young players . I’ll need to start again I take it , didn’t realise the game would retire me !
Add a new manager and just continue playing

Leonardo Campana is the best player I’ve ever had.

Bought From wolves for something like £7m after my scouts rated him at 88ish.

Scored about 50 goals in a season and a half before Man Utd gave me £75m for him. he flopped at Man Utd, got sent out on loan for a couple of seasons and I took him back for £20m.

He almost single handedly took me to the champions league final, 16 goals including a hat trick against Man Utd funnily in the semi final. Ended the season with the golden boot after scoring 64 goals.

Barcelona scudded me 4-1 in the final if you were wondering.

So, to save everyone the hassle. I've gone through all 32 pages of this thread and shortlisted almost every player on it (exceptions of the well known multi million players and a handful I had already signed in my game).

One's missing will be:

Harry Cochrane
Jake Cooper (Cost 8 million but lethal at corners)
Josh Maja
Sam Cosgrove
Lovro Majer
Billy Gilmour (loan)
Dirk Proper
Andre Grey (loan)
Ki-Jana Hoever (loan)
Martin Olsson (free at start of the game and flying)
Godfried Frimpong

That should work.

Also, just created a new database following a how to guide and put us and the tims in the Vanarama National League.

Both have started unbeaten. For some reason we're still in the Betfred Cup so not sure if I've missed something. Tempted to just sync another game through to next season to make sure everything goes ok leagues and cups wise.

Anyway, Tavs has started the season with 3 hatricks in 9 games a total of 15 goals and 10 assists in 9. Firing in free kicks left right and center. Now out for 2 months with a torn thigh muscle.

15 goals in 9 for Tavernier
9 goals in 11 for Hagi
8 goals in 9 for Morelos
7 goals in 11 for both Kent and Aribo

Update: Fixed the U23 and U18 leagues.

Would like to give this a bash, how do I make it playable?

Longest FM game I've had - at Rangers for 10 years. Won a lot of trophies, brought through youth etc. and got the club to the CL Semis a few times but never cracked it. Left them with a transfer budget of 150m. Pretty enjoyable but got fairly monotonous with the big fees.

Thinking I'll do a random lower league save now.

i bung us, the poets, sheep and edinburgh lot into the english championship, i hate playing in the spl.

Its the one thing i make sure to do myself!

I seriously havent played since our little tourney. Been glued to COD and FIFA since lol.

Ive dabbled with a Brentford save but pretty much the same mate.

I’ve found a training schedule that ramps up the development of your players

Ive dabbled with a Brentford save but pretty much the same mate.

I’ve found a training schedule that ramps up the development of your players
Iv always found the training schedules a pain in the arse. I usually let me assistant do it tbh, i know i should probably do it myself.

I'm now into season 3
First - wee double
Second - treble

Current team

McCrorie

Yeldin
Goldson
Katic
Hickey

Mccrorie
Aribo

Ojo
Hagi
Kent

Karlan grant

Squad - peacock-carrel, jack, Helander, Patterson, Kamara, Hastie, riquelme, tyreese Campbell

Have the likes of Mcpake, young-Coombes, mebude getting game time

Started a new rangers save and young-coombes has retained 5 star potential and is a 4 star rated player currently. First team regular at 18. Got man u and city interested. It's the first time I think I've ever had a top notch player come through from the under 19s in the 20+ years I've been playing the game!

In reality yes, but the AI in FM just isn’t sophisticated enough for it to work with any DoF.

they always retain players not good enough & give guys daft contracts or wages above their ability

Any time I’ve let the DoF negotiate contracts I’ve ended up with ridiculous minimum fee clauses, best doing it yourself.

Any time I’ve let the DoF negotiate contracts I’ve ended up with ridiculous minimum fee clauses, best doing it yourself.

I had them sign either Kane Ritchie Hosler or Nathan Young Coombes to a £37k per week deal after 1 decent loan move to Hearts, he hadn’t even played for me yet ... he came good but still, just poor AI

I had them sign either Kane Ritchie Hosler or Nathan Young Coombes to a £37k per week deal after 1 decent loan move to Hearts, he hadn’t even played for me yet ... he came good but still, just poor AI
My DOF at Milan was decent with contracts, my issue with him was signing players who would be back up at best for treble the actual valuation. Then learned I could turn it off which was useful, I couldn’t imagine not doing contracts myself. Never do it but done it recently when purchasing, was a lad worth 200k, I offered 500k they rejected. Couldn’t be bothered with the haggling so left the DOF in charge of the transfer and the contract. He paid 64million for him and gave him star player salary. Never again.

541 diamond

McCrorie

McCrorie
Goldson, Popov, Katic
Barisic

Besic
Jack Ferguson
Kent

Morelos.

Edmundson, Patterson, Kennedy, Doc, Young-Coombes, Lowry, Kelly and Ritchie-Hosler all around 1st team squad.

Season 1; league cup/Scottish cup. Knocked out Europa 4th qualifier to Eintracht Frankfurt.

Season 2; league and Scottish cup. Knocked out Europa quarter final to Arsenal.

Season 3; 7 clear and still in all competitions. Got Leverkusen, Chelsea and Barca in CL.

I've never conceded more than 2 goals in a match - in almost 3 seasons.
I only lost x2 domestic games in season 1 and x2 domestic games in season 2. Currently, lost 0 in season 3.

I'm obsessive over training, though. It's all about your defence/training.

Morelos is unreal. Never injured. His goal stats are phenomenal, every single season, in all competitions.

541 diamond

McCrorie

McCrorie
Goldson, Popov, Katic
Barisic

Besic
Jack Ferguson
Kent

Morelos.

Edmundson, Patterson, Kennedy, Doc, Young-Coombes, Lowry, Kelly and Ritchie-Hosler all around 1st team squad.

Season 1; league cup/Scottish cup. Knocked out Europa 4th qualifier to Eintracht Frankfurt.

Season 2; league and Scottish cup. Knocked out Europa quarter final to Arsenal.

Season 3; 7 clear and still in all competitions. Got Leverkusen, Chelsea and Barca in CL.

I've never conceded more than 2 goals in a match - in almost 3 seasons.
I only lost x2 domestic games in season 1 and x2 domestic games in season 2. Currently, lost 0 in season 3.

I'm obsessive over training, though. It's all about your defence/training.

Morelos is unreal. Never injured. His goal stats are phenomenal, every single season, in all competitions.

I go all out attack tbh, absolutely dominate possession with regular 30+ shots on goal.

I’ve lost 1 league game in the last 5 seasons.

I just play the mobile version.

What’s the formation of choice? Usually one per game, but 4-2-3-1 with inside forwards isn’t as effective as before.

I go all out attack tbh, absolutely dominate possession with regular 30+ shots on goal.

I’ve lost 1 league game in the last 5 seasons.
Nice.

I love defence. I'd rather win 1-0 than 5-2. Odd, I know. Despise goals against. It's why I loved the old, Jose.

Keep every game tight and wait for Alfredo to pounce.

Enjoy your game.

What’s the formation of choice? Usually one per game, but 4-2-3-1 with inside forwards isn’t as effective as before.

4-2-3-1

With an inside forward on the left and a winger on the right.

the amount of goals and assist They combine for is ridiculous.

After much messing around with formations I found 4-1-2-2-1 worked well for me but it needs your two inside forwards to be dynamite or you’ll find goals hard to come by .

I played 30 seasons there before being forced to retire and found with a few tweaks that formation worked really well

Was losing 1 nil and went down to 10 men against celtic just after HT. Borna got sent off for absolutely nailing one of their players. Kent Equalised in the 93rd minute to keep my unbeaten league run going. 120 games undefeated

Think this might be a struggle, lost 1-3 to HIVS 1st game of the season and 1st leg of 3rd Europa tie home to Malmo. Sold the skipper Tav for £20m and can't get anyone decent in...laptop might get fired out the window soon. Perseverance!

In my 5th season with Rangers (11th overall in game) and I’ve “Waltered” Celtic. They have finished 3rd last season and are now sitting in 5th after 24 games. I think I’ve broke them!

Hearts and Hibs are my closest challengers this season.

Kilmarnock have been in and out of the Championship but recently got taken over and built a 30,000 stadium “The Frank Beattie Stadium”. Plenty of away tickets for that one.

Downloaded CM 2001-02 for free with the 19/20 squads.

Did the treble and got TLB the sack, replaced with Gary Holt. Put a smile on my face in these tough times
Sorry replied to wrong guy in my last post... where can I find this?

Back