Rangers players in other sports... Michael Mols & MMA?!

Bob Sutherland played for Rangers and then went on to become World Indoor Bowls Champion. I don’t think he made any first team appearances but he was on our books and played in the reserves. Still makes for a good story.

Something at the back of my mind tells me that Michael Mols was once caught up in an altercation,I can't remember if it was on the park or out in the street.
Anyhow, the outcome was one guy laid spark out.I see now where the MMA training came in.

ally2.jpg
4152741646.jpg

A fantastic picture of The Greatest with Mohammed Ali.

I seen a photo of Fedor Emelianenko, arguably the greatest MMA fighter ever training in a gym with a signed Michael Mols jersey on the wall behind him and I couldn't work out what was going on. It looks like it is from the Fernando Ricksen tribute game. Why was a Mols jersey on the wall of an MMA gym?

Turns out that not only is Mols' jersey on the wall, but he trains with him?! Seems like a very bizarre matchup and got me thinking about other Rangers players that got involved in other sports. Obviously there is Goram and cricket, but are there any others?

Dwnq0O2X0AIouiR.jpg

Dm5pjqeXoAAs4on.jpg

Not a Rangers player, but seen Dave King caddying at the masters a couple of weeks before we appointed Gerrard and thought it was bizarre.

Mols is one of my favorite Rangers players,great photo and love how he always wears our shirts with pride.

Beaming smile from Mols all the time,just a class guy who enjoys life.

So what? Cain Velasquez in his prime would beat Fedor.
He weighed 207lbs for that fight, which is heavyweight today in both MMA and boxing. He weighed in 5lbs lighter than Wilder did for his fight against Fury. I guess Wilder is just a fat middleweight :rolleyes:

Your comment about Scottish Chamionship has just nullified any argument you can make. You sound like a casual that has their MMA knowledge from playing UFC 3 on the Playstation. I can't take anything you say seriously anymore.

But who would win in the clinch though?? :D

Back