Rangers players real names

A John who got called Ian - possibly from Iain being the Gaelic for John - was Ian McColl (not Ian McCall who came later). Ian McMillan was the same I think.
I think that's a kinda old school thing..

My dad's name was John, but in the family he was always called Iain, because there were a few other John's & it distinguished.

No idea why they never just thought of another name in the 1st place lol..

I think that's a kinda old school thing..

My dad's name was John, but in the family he was always called Iain, because there were a few other John's & it distinguished.

No idea why they never just thought of another name in the 1st place lol.
My dad and both his brothers are/were the same. Always refer to themselves by their middle name .

Nuno Fernando Gonçalves da Rocha - which apparently means "He won a medal in Seville".

Joseph Oluwaseyi Temitope Ayodele-Aribo - Joe Aribo.

Just seems lazy calling him Joe now.

I can never wrap my head around Nigerian names. Suppose its easier to say if you speak Yoruba or Igbo :))

Former Chelsea and current Milan defender Fikayo Tomori's name is mental. Oluwafikayomi Oluwadamilola Tomori is his full name.

Maybe one for the historians or oldies.

Whilst reading a post on here, it got me thinking. Is there any Rangers players from any time who's real names where different from the playing names.

Not like, Ally know as Alistair. I'm meaning likes of a john that's named ian or jack, or similar.
jim denny..real name james denny!

I can never wrap my head around Nigerian names. Suppose its easier to say if you speak Yoruba or Igbo :))

Former Chelsea and current Milan defender Fikayo Tomori's name is mental. Oluwafikayomi Oluwadamilola Tomori is his full name.
That's a lot of letters to learn as a child!

Back