Article Rangers Possible European Opponents - a short travel guide

Fu(k Luxemburg...£750 for not even 3 days via Dusseldorp....Great trip, but fe(k that amount....Not even a ticket because of Rangers re jigging the travel club critia.

Probably more Bears in the non - Rangers sides of the stadium than in the 'official' Rangers section....Well done to the guy/female who came up with this idea, it then leading to the scenario plenty of Bears had to endure ?

Fu(k Luxemburg...£750 for not even 3 days via Dusseldorp....Great trip, but fe(k that amount....Not even a ticket because of Rangers re jigging the travel club critia.

Probably more Bears in the non - Rangers sides of the stadium than in the 'official' Rangers section....Well done to the guy/female who came up with this idea, it then leading to the scenario plenty of Bears had to endure ?
Where did you fly from?

Hope its the Slovakian team too. Bigger capacity stadium. I'll probably get the day trip through the club like progres last season.

That's crazy money.

Lufthansa return from Manchester to Luxembourg (via Munich or Frankfurt) - less than £200. Plenty of other deals on Skyscanner, BA inclusive that's cheap. Cheaper at least than your £750.

Anyone but Progres for me. I want to follow Rangers around Europe to new places, I don’t want to visit the same place twice in 12 months.

The team from Slovakia or Lithuania please!
My thoughts exactly.
However, Only the less appealing Macedonia and Bosnia remain for myself.

Manchester to Dusseldorp....Glaswegian bus up to Luxemburg next day...Back to Manchester 5pm day after .

Beers very expensive both countries..
How did it cost you that
Cost me 300 all in
Bus hotel food and beer included

Last edited:
That's crazy money.

Lufthansa return from Manchester to Luxembourg (via Munich or Frankfurt) - less than £200. Plenty of other deals on Skyscanner, BA inclusive that's cheap. Cheaper at least than your £750.

This time ( 3/7/17) last year the tour de France was in Luxembourg so hotel and flights there were very expensive. ...thats why we based ourselves in Dusseldorf.

Don’t want to clog up the thread on the draw.

SLO hoping date is announced today.

Apparently the stadium doesn’t meet uefa regulations, would be moved to Phillips Arena which holds 33k.

Anyone found decent routes? Anyone looking at organising supporters buses outwith Skopje and staying nearby? Sofia looks doable.

We are awaiting confirmation of the dates. There are three Macedonian teams in the Europa League draw and all have been drawn to play away first, home second - FK Shkupi, FK Vardar, and FK Rabotnicki. All three play in the Capitol Skopje.

Hotels/Apartments look reasonably priced...around £70 for a couple of nights. I have my route planned direct from Zagreb to Skopje- £140 return.

Just booked up Tuesday 17th - Saturday 21st.

Game should definitely be played within that timeframe even if they change it yeh?

:D

Imagine booking up and inadvertently missing both legs. :D

The Gallant one. ;)

Didn't even think it was a possibility they could do that mate. Booked up Tuesday - Saturday because I knew they could change the dates. But %^*& me, surely reversing the fixture shouldn't be allowed!

This time ( 3/7/17) last year the tour de France was in Luxembourg so hotel and flights there were very expensive. ...thats why we based ourselves in Dusseldorf.

Ah, sorry - thought you were talking this year! Fair enough mate.

Macedonia maybe not that much easier!

A guy from our RSC has done Sofia to Macedonia before, presumably with the Tranny Army :rolleyes:. £40 for the taxi :D but says it was closer to six hours

Christ, lucky if we paid that between 3 of us :p

Back