Rangers propose "B" teams as part of reconstruction

Only if you are looking downwards.

As of now, Stranraer are in League 2 - three promotions away from the Premiership. Cove are in League 1 - two promotions away from the Premiership.

Under Rangers 14-14-18 plan BOTH would be two promotions away from the Premiership. Neither loses out - if they are looking upwards. Their problem is that they all want to look downwards and say they are just one relegation away from dropping out the League. They forget, it would be an 18 team division so the odds are lesser but, perhaps more importantly, they'd have to finish below two bunches of kids in the OF Colts. Like most clubs in Scotland, they need to show more ambition and optimism.
I don't disagree.

Unlikely. Most players' contracts would become void if we aren't affiliated with a league. If that happens, their registration becomes invalid.

And The SFA would either:

Run the leagues

OR

Act as the league’s administrators on an interim basis.

Guy on Hearts kickback their top itk guy say league reconstruction is going through on Tuesday or Wednesday 14 10 10 10.
He has a 100% record on info he has told them he will leave the forum if he is wrong he is that confident in reconstruction happening
I hope he is wrong this time I want hearts to go to court

Guy on Hearts kickback their top itk guy say league reconstruction is going through on Tuesday or Wednesday 14 10 10 10.
He has a 100% record on info he has told them he will leave the forum if he is wrong he is that confident in reconstruction happening
I hope he is wrong this time I want hearts to go to court

Ha, Saughton Jambo.:rolleyes: I saw his posts. The Jambos seem to have this idea that the SPFL Exec can force through reconstruction without the approval of the clubs. They cite SPFL Article 103 as giving them emergency powers. It does, to an extent, but goes on to say ‘subject to Article 104‘. Article 104 states that the Board cannot force through any Reserved Matters. Any variation to the number of clubs in the league from 42 or change to the distribution of prize money is a Reserved Matter. So, potentially they could but the numbers don’t add up. Certainly not for 14-10-10-10. 14-14-14 possibly but I doubt it. That’s before we get to the outcry from member clubs it would cause.

In short, in my opinion, the Jambos are guilty of wishful thinking. Any reconstruction will need to be voted through and that looks a remote possibility.

Last edited:
What have I missed? We have been trying to take down the corrupt Cabal asking for suspensions and dossiers EGM and now we are trying to save the game and the skins of the SPFL when Hearts take legal action. I'm more stupid than I thought I was.
The Status quo will not hold REALLY.

I have not been keeping upto speed or even fully read our proposal and I don't know why. Probably avoiding getting tied up in knots about the whatthefuckisthisabout. I know this is already a touchy subject with most of us and a bit of a headfuck. I will look to listen to cj novos take on it before David Edgar on Heart & Hand's Daily update.

What I will say is right from the off already is the fact that Tom English and BBC in particular have it down as Rangers and Celtic the way it used to be. Now I have not heard that in many many years and is usually only when there is talk of crisis or trouble we are named first. For this to happen there has been something afoot.

Listening to radio Scotland and Neil McCann and Steven craigan are both for it.they both said young players will learn more playing seasoned professionals than playing players in reserve and youth football.you listen to Craig Mulholland and he says in many interviews they put young players in uncomfortable situations where they are under extreme pressure to see how they react.

They both spoke a lot of sense. Willie Miller seemed to have your typical stance of mistrust and couldn't seem to see any benefits. Trying to say that buy 21 a player is too old and ignoring the fact it's an age limit of 21. Chances are most players will be around 18. He also said what about other prem teams who would want a b team? Does he really think any one else could afford one. The chance of a tie up and being able to loan 6 players and a coach will suit other prem a lot more.

You had that chairman that despite the money being offered was plainly not happy about being In the bottom division while Neil McCann trying to say that surely this was a chance to move forward and improve.

As I see it, Rangers and the Tim's are using this opportunity of no fans and money in the bottom division to add B teams. The rest of Scotland moans about us not caring for the rest of the game, if they could get over their hatred they'd see this is a way of helping the game.

That’s a good enough reason, it’s a big benefit to us, I couldn’t care about anything else.

Having our kids play against grown men who are playing for their livelihoods can only be good for their development.

You would like to think so and it seems to work well in other leagues around europe, there is one small negative the refs are bent and allow our players to be blootered around the pitch. Its often completely ignored at the top level even in live tv games. We can argue about why that happens, i believe its part of their training but it clearly happens all the time, it will be the same for a colts side at a lower level where refs want to make a name for themselves and become premiership officials.

Back