Rangers propose "B" teams as part of reconstruction

Ah cheers mate. I take it they were second in the Championship?
This will be voted down by the championship teams. Firstly they hate ICT for backing us and really there's nothing in it for them with less of a chance of promotion in future years.
In the SPFL the sheep will want a colt team as well.

As I understand it, the vehment opposition to the Old Firm Colts proposal from smaller clubs is massive. Rangers understand the opposition all too well as well. This seems to me that we are taking advantage of the situation to push our own agenda through. I expect this to cause a stir but at the very least it's a genuine attempt to revive the game up here.

I'm very pro Colt teams in the lower leagues. It really is the only viable way for us to grow within Scotland. I understand the reservations from some people but the alternative is to watch Scotland drift further and further in to obsolescence while we are trapped in it.

Personally I think the plans are excellent. Eventually I think you would be looking at a 20 or 22 team bottom league as Aberdeen hearts and Hibs will likely want colt teams if they only require 25k to get involved. Maybe Motherwell too who have a good setup at them moment.
The colt teams would be massive for the game as a whole but us in particular. Crowds would be up and there’s tv money for the other teams when our colt teams are involved.
We’ve got shitloads of good youngsters but they need games against adults due to the hammer thrower nature of our league.
1) they are never going to jump straight to the first team without a bridge
2) we can’t trust anyone lose in Scotland to train them to the professional standard we require to act as said bridge.

I also like the idea of a 14 team top league. I like the fact you play the top 5 home and away after the split. Like a proper mini league rather than just a split with a lottery of fixtures.

Pretty much every team should be happy.

The only thing I don’t like is it should bail the SPFL out and save them From losing a costly lawsuit and any modicum of respect remaining.

It's a well thought out plan and could work, as it keeps a lot of clubs happy with no relegation and entry into the SPFL for the non league clubs. It does look like the club has moved on and the corruption was a success for Celtic.
There is still relegation for some teams.
Further stumbling blocks are that, while Stranraer would technically avoid the relegation from League One meted out after the early curtailment of last season, they would still end up in the bottom tier.
Clyde, Peterhead and Forfar Athletic would be in a similar situation, while Cove would stay in the bottom tier despite winning League Two last term

I know that we maybe see this as an opportunity to get colt teams in the pyramid, but I'm not sure why we're trying to help the SPFL dig themselves out of a hole here. Especially when we know that the idea of colt teams proved very unpopular in the lower leagues

Because we are doing what the other clubs do and look out for ourselves. Colt teams allow us to give these young guys some fantastic learning experiences. I say this depsite being against the idea myself btw. Don't agree with more than one team in same league set up.

Any league restructure should be agreed before the start of a season and then be happening the following season so every team know what they are playing for. Also this would allow a full season to get league positions as the way it stands now some teams moving up or down might have been in a different league if this season had been played to a finish. That way the club could get a colt team into the leagues but also do so without helping the spfl with the Hearts relegation and possible court case problem.

Last edited:
What the club is proposing is a good solution and in normal circumstances I would be in favour of it.

The downside is it is giving the spfl, celtic and hearts exactly what they want.

The SPFL and Them already have exactly what they want and there isn’t much we can do to change that at this point.

Personally I couldn’t give a %^*& about Hearts, so if this proposal is to our long term benefit as a club then so be it.

I would still be surprised if the colts idea ever seriously gets off the ground due to lower league opposition but maybe now is the time they would go for it given the financial situation.

Nah. %^*& this. The game up here needs fewer professional teams. Not more. Let it burn and a few of the fuckers go to the wall. Then once they are crying for more clubs to fill league we can take a place for our colts on our terms.

This smacks of us trying to be the good guys and plough money into the lower echelons. %^*& that. Let the likes of the scum and hearts magic money tree guy fix the mess they’ve created. We should be spending money on us and us alone.

I would guess that our proposal will also come
With a demand to restructure the leadership of the game ie Doncaster goes

I think that's an excellent proposal.
I like the idea of Rangers ‘B’ team playing in the leagues, with the opportunity to progress. The big issue is, we should not be bailing out the SPFL or Hearts, as this is the problem they have caused. This should be discussed, with the start of the new league set-up for season 2021 / 2023, in line with the rules regarding reconstruction. Definitely a NO for this season. Our club has been treated like outcasts since 2012, and we are the ones to produce a plan to save Doncaster, and inject money into lower leagues. We as a club should be sitting back, waiting for the SPFL to go into meltdown, and we would have eventually got our ‘B’ team in, due to clubs going bust.

I think B teams should be allowed, Spain has done it with much success

But why the %^*& are we even entertaining this? We've moved on it seems..

I think this will go through. Effectively us and celtic funding the leagues below us to keep them going. In return we get Colt teams. Seems like celtic are on board so will no doubt go through

Will definitely be better for our youth

There is still relegation for some teams.
Further stumbling blocks are that, while Stranraer would technically avoid the relegation from League One meted out after the early curtailment of last season, they would still end up in the bottom tier.
Clyde, Peterhead and Forfar Athletic would be in a similar situation, while Cove would stay in the bottom tier despite winning League Two last term
Would we still be playing the tims 4 times in an 18 team league, if not that would get my vote.

The SPFL and Them already have exactly what they want and there isn’t much we can do to change that at this point.

Personally I couldn’t give a %^*& about Hearts, so if this proposal is to our long term benefit as a club then so be it.

I would still be surprised if the colts idea ever seriously gets off the ground due to lower league opposition but maybe now is the time they would go for it given the financial situation.

Correct

I won't be too disappointed when this doesn't get voted through. After what's happened over the last few months and looking at the details of the plan, it's not worth it.

It would benefit the development of our young players that’s for sure
How would it improve and develop our young players ? Didn't someone from our youth team state the reason we pulled out of the league for a season and play the top European teams development teams was because our players weren't getting tested to a high enough level.

The colts played some of the best youth teams in Europe and had some fantasic results against them, I'd much rather they continued to do the same.

The board have serious questions to answer.

1. So have we given up on fighting the removal of Doncaster and the cabal after everything we pursued ?

2. Why are we now all of a sudden helping our enemies and helping the charlatans at the SPFL ?

3. Seriously what the %^*& are the board playing at here ?

I'm astonished by this I'll refrain further comment as what the clubs real motive/strategy is here with all this.

Over to you Douglas Park and Stewart Robertson no fucking bullshit or pulling David Murray PR stunt you owe every fucking supporter an explanation.

Rangers leading the way - about 2 levels above any shite Dumbcaster could come up with.

Or Budge.

It’s a way to improve Rangers.

Would be a game at Ibrox every week.

Because we are doing what the other clubs do and look out for ourselves. Colt teams allow us to give these young guys some fantastic learning experiences. I say this depsite being against the idea myself btw. Don't agree with more than one team in same league set up.
I get that and if we're trying to use the situation to as leverage to get the colt teams in then I understand, but I can't help but feel we're kind of letting them off the hook at bit here. If we start engaging with what we have condemned as a flawed process with flawed organisations and individuals then we are in danger in pulling the rug from under ourselves.

On the other hand it is entirely possible that every or many clubs submitted their suggestions for a palatable reconstruction and we've been one of many. It could be mischief making from the SPFL to put this out there and try and drive a wedge between the fans and the club. Let's face it, it came out first on the BBC who we're hardly on the best of terms with, so it's possible that this is being briefed from elsewhere

My initial reaction is to think that I'd rather allow all those clubs to wither and die but then I think, maybe the club thinks that this is an opportunity to win friends and influence people through professionalism (the Rangers way) and by helping out financially those clubs that the mentally challengeds wouldn't give a toss about cause at the moment they're running the game as if they're looking out for everyone else and it seems that it's only us who can see that that is false

is this to get hearts back in top league and our fans money and celtics to help these lower leagues

Regardless of whether it's good idea, why the fùck are we helping them solve this?

In my head, I want the 14 team top league to fail and Hearts to go to court.
At the end of the day we want the best situation for ourselves. It’s easy to be angry and we should be angry but we still need to attempt to make this all better for the good of our club as well. We want a good product.

If this is true our own board so out if touch with us fans I hope this is only paper rumours and we release a statement to say this is incorrect I have already renewed my season books but looking like our board completely turned over now

Back