Rangers propose "B" teams as part of reconstruction

ha ha, go on the judge is about to give his verdict and he hears Rangers wanted to introduce a colt team with celtic. How does they sway his decision?

We show that we have attempted to bring things to the table.

Rangers know this proposal will be voted down, all we did was respond to Doncasters request for ideas. This was ours.

It hasn't a hope in hell of passing unless more robust conversations are had. But as I said to you in the other thread, this may be all about stringing this along until UEFA finally open their gub.

Rangers know this proposal will be voted down, all we did was respond to Doncasters request for ideas. This was ours.

It hasn't a hope in hell of passing unless more robust conversations are had. But as I said to you in the other thread, this may be all about stringing this along until UEFA finally open their gub.

it nonsense in reality, it won't sway any legal decision.

All it is doing is buying the SPFL time. Season gets closer and an interdict become less likely. Thats it in a nutshell. Rangers are obviously thinking of europe now and money talks. Integrity is nothing when £££ come calling. A business after all.

Are we really proposing this what a vast amount to blow on a second team.
the first team should be priority.

Are we really proposing this what a vast amount to blow on a second team.
the first team should be priority.

the 1st team should be a priority 100%. Would be nice to have a level playing field.

SFA / SPFL / REFEREES / COMPLIANCE OFFICER

basically the corporate governance.

Now what would be needed to sort that?

it nonsense in reality, it won't sway any legal decision.

All it is doing is buying the SPFL time. Season gets closer and an interdict become less likely. Thats it in a nutshell.

The season can't kick off in August if we're still talking reconstruction by the start of July can it? Time is something the SPFL don't have. What have the SPFL promised Sky in return for not claiming back the £6m they're owed because last season didn't finish?

As I said in the other thread, the SPFL/Shameless FC need the new season to kick off ASAP, the longer we keep the reconstruction ball up in the air, then the more desperate they will become.

I think we are looking to stall until UEFA make some kind of ruling.

You and I have been in agreement throughout this whole thing. However, as much as I wanted Rangers to blow the whole cabal out of the water after the corrupt vote, it's quite obvious that the SPFL think that they can do whatever they like, even with 30% of clubs unhappy with how they have acted over the last 2 months.

There's more than one way to skin a cat.

I guarantee 100%

If anyone would like to place as small bet, consider it a donation to erskine.

That before next season is out we will be wishing our board never rolled over when more of the same arises to gift them another title. Be it a referee, a compliance officer, or an executive decision. Nothing is surer.

Why should we be replying to anything Doncaster proposes?

Far from convinced that our young guys, remember no one over the age of 21 is eligible, will benefit much playing against teams with very little quality. However, just feel that our club leadership, who had earned respect have let the support down. The decision to end the league in the way it was done was outrageous and possibly unlawful. The reaction to the dossier was humiliating. The SPFL hierarchy invited Lawwell to openly rubbish what our board had put forward. This latest initiative could well provide the people who go out of their way to disadvantage our club, the opportunity to get off the hook. Just feel that our board have seriously misread the feelings of the men and women, who have demonstrated their loyalty in all sorts of ways. Yes, Hearts and others may well have been treated shabbily but that is not our problem.
The talk from senior members of our board a few weeks back offered cause for encouragement but this latest initiative seems as unnecessary as it is disappointing.

I guarantee 100%

If anyone would like to place as small bet, consider it a donation to erskine.

That before next season is out we will be wishing our board never rolled over when more of the same arises to gift them another title. Be it a referee, a compliance officer, or an executive decision. Nothing is surer.

Put the petted lip away. Just make the donation to Erskine.

The season can't kick off in August if we're still talking reconstruction by the start of July can it? Time is something the SPFL don't have. What have the SPFL promised Sky in return for not claiming back the £6m they're owed because last season didn't finish?

As I said in the other thread, the SPFL/Shameless FC need the new season to kick off ASAP, the longer we keep the reconstruction ball up in the air, then the more desperate they will become.

I think we are looking to stall until UEFA make some kind of ruling.

You and I have been in agreement throughout this whole thing. However, as much as I wanted Rangers to blow the whole cabal out of the water after the corrupt vote, it's quite obvious that the SPFL think that they can do whatever they like, even with 30% of clubs unhappy with how they have acted over the last 2 months.

M8, when that time comes when it suits the SPFL there is nothing to stop them saying sorry Hearts time has ran out. But by waiting till that time they are putting ENORMOUS pressure on hearts to bring an interdict to the SPFL. The time was weeks ago and all we have done is aid the SPFL and made the situ less likely.

Because like it or not, we are still a member of this shambolic league setup. We need to be seen to be proactive instead of sulking in the corner.

We need to turn the 30% into 51% at the very least

the dignified approach does not work, the 30% came on board as we gained respect by challenging. To gain the majority we do action not words.

Have I picked this up correct, we are now hoping that this doesnt pass or get to the vote due to not enough support? But there is also a scenario that it could be(I hate using the word) bullied through & then that would be us complicit in helping the people we want removed & totally rule out court proceedings against the spfl as hearts would stay in the league & we've helped them do it?

Because like it or not, we are still a member of this shambolic league setup. We need to be seen to be proactive instead of sulking in the corner.

Nonsense, the 30% is more likely to end up lower, FFS have you been sleeping the last decade, we're on our own, but carry on your delusions if it makes you feel better.

Have I picked this up correct, we are now hoping that this doesnt pass or get to the vote due to not enough support? But there is also a scenario that it could be(I hate using the word) bullied through & then that would be us complicit in helping the people we want removed & totally rule out court proceedings against the spfl as hearts would stay in the league & we've helped them do it?

all it is doing is showing a financial bribe to get the colts in a league to benefit us and them. And the reality is if it was successful would remove the legal route Hearts would likely take without. Arse from elbow is our board.

Sickening. Wtf? I thought Douglas Park becoming involved meant we were no longer the leagues bitch?

absolute scunnerd our tactics are to help this shower.

stewart Robertson, go.

anybody else not up for the fight. Please go and stop stealing a wage from our club.

weak, embarrassing and same as usual from the club.

all it is doing is showing a financial bribe to get the colts in a league to benefit us and them. And the reality is if it was successful would remove the legal route Hearts would likely take without. Arse from elbow is our board.
I cant understand it anymore to be honest HB in our proposal if & I know it's a big if it goes through we've killed stone dead any chance of going through legal proceedings against the ones we want removed & also solved all their problems for them.

Look at the teams who kaiboshed Heart's proposal today.

There lies your answer. It will not pass. we have responded to a request for ideas. This was ours

I cant understand it anymore to be honest HB in our proposal if & I know it's a big if it goes through we've killed stone dead any chance of going through legal proceedings against the ones we want removed & also solved all their problems for them.

Celtic on board with it. Although was never a goer in the past we are in difficult times and have added a financial bribe. It stinks.

There lies your answer. It will not pass. we have responded to a request for ideas. This was ours

why keep the debate going? Let it finish and force Hearts hand. As an interdict 1 month ago was likely, today possible and in a month highly unlikely. All we are doing is giving the SPFL the advantage.

Pretty well thought out and visionary idea if you ask me, will bring some form of freshness, help the small clubs and improve our youth set up. I’d like to see SPFL burn but we don’t have enough influence and friends to make that happen currently, we need to build our stock and something like this will extend our influence.

Nonsense, the 30% is more likely to end up lower, FFS have you been sleeping the last decade, we're on our own, but carry on your delusions if it makes you feel better.

You've missed my point completely.

30% of clubs have expressed dissatisfaction with how the SPFL acted over the last 2 months, how would what has happened since the EGM vote make the vote lower?

Clubs have been cost a fortune over a number of years by way of the fudge with Sky. The BT liability is still there. How will that be dealt with?

I'm simply saying, rather than sit in the corner & sulk after the EGM vote, try to be proactive which we've done by putting a proposal on the table. It has a snowballs chance in hell of being adopted and I suspect the club know this and aren't expecting it to pass either but gague the level of support.

Many thanks for the reply, at least we wont be complicit in aiding & abetting our enemies & people we want removed if this definitely has no chance of going through, not even with a wee bit of coercion or robust conversations from anyone to get the vote over the line at least we now know this has no chance of being voted through.

why keep the debate going? Let it finish and force Hearts hand. As an interdict 1 month ago was likely, today possible and in a month highly unlikely. All we are doing is giving the SPFL the advantage.

Because we have no interest in whether Hearts are relegated or not.

Remember "Vladimir Romanov, he pays our taxes off"? I sure havent!

As I've said, UEFA are going to need to get involved because of court action involving bigger leagues than ours.

Remember there is £30m on the line here.

Possibly a Very clever move by Rangers

If as we are lead to believe at “war” with the Spfl then this very very attractive proposition to the lower leagues and hearts/inverness is a no brainer... A No brainer that the Spfl cannot afford not to back or they all turn on them.....

Or the Club have being paying lip service to us by kicking up a fuss regards the handing of the way they were handed the tainted title and the major clubs are all on board including them on this new proposal

I cant see it being any other way and sadly im going for the latter as the reality

Hope im wrong
I fail to see what we gain from this proposal? Lower league teams don’t want our reserves, and I can understand why. That’s a massive chunk of teams we’ve alienated off the bat.

The thought of having thuggish journeymen kicking lumps out of our youngsters Isn’t an attractive option for me. I don’t care about toughening them up, the risk is too high of ruining a potentially great career. I’d much rather see them develop their skills against players their own age and physicality. The recent role model of having the devopment side playing internationally was working great, so why change it?

Besides, why on earth are we making proposals to save Doncaster’s ass? On the reconstruction debate we should have stayed silent and voted no. This is a complete sell out by a board who promised us the status quo couldn’t hold and they wouldn’t be found wanting in changing it. Well guess what? They’re handing the status quo a lifeline with this move.

You've missed my point completely.

30% of clubs have expressed dissatisfaction with how the SPFL acted over the last 2 months, how would what has happened since the EGM vote make the vote lower?

Clubs have been cost a fortune over a number of years by way of the fudge with Sky. The BT liability is still there. How will that be dealt with?

I'm simply saying, rather than sit in the corner & sulk after the EGM vote, try to be proactive which we've done by putting a proposal on the table. It has a snowballs chance in hell of being adopted and I suspect the club know this and aren't expecting it to pass either but gague the level of support.

this self interest bribe will not make friends it will make other say who do they think they are. And exactly why celtic will back but not front. We are so out of touch.

Look at other fan forums for evidence. This is a complete own goal if it was done to gain respect.

Many thanks for the reply, at least we wont be complicit in aiding & abetting our enemies & people we want removed if this definitely has no chance of going through, not even with a wee bit of coercion or robust conversations from anyone to get the vote over the line at least we now know this has no chance of being voted through.

I think the mention of Shameless FC being on board with it may be the coercion.

I honestly think that this is another log on the fire of reconstruction until UEFA say something publicly.

Look at the countries who have called their leagues and awarded prizes and enacted relegations:

France
Belgium
Scotland
Malta
Wales

The top 2 will put the sh*ters up UEFA especially if PSG could be denied access to the CL by way of court action in the respective countries..

Both "champions" of Belgium and France have done well enough in European Competition that they would qualify on the co-efficient criteria.

UEFA need to step in sooner rather than later.

this self interest bribe will not make friends it will make other say who do they think they are. And exactly why celtic will back but not front. We are so out of touch.

Look at other fan forums for evidence. This is a complete own goal if it was done to gain respect.

For the last time, we responded to a request for ideas.

It isn't going to pass. Celtic/SPFL are all about making sure the new season kicks off on time so they will be hoping it gets booted out ASAP. The only reason it has been made public is because it came from us.

Remember the Doncaster wants to know what it would take for reconstruction thread? This is our response to it. But rather than stick two fingers up as most fans want us to do, we've put a proposal on the table.

The lover league clubs don't want Colt teams in there so it is a non starter. Celtic putting their name to it will be to ensure it's booted out quick smart without much discussion.

After everything the SPFL / SFA / Other clubs have put our club through in the last 8 years why, just why, are we trying to solve everyone else’s problems ? I don’t get it.

I think the mention of Shameless FC being on board with it may be the coercion.

I honestly think that this is another log on the fire of reconstruction until UEFA say something publicly.

Look at the countries who have called their leagues and awarded prizes and enacted relegations:

France
Belgium
Scotland
Malta
Wales

The top 2 will put the sh*ters up UEFA especially if PSG could be denied access to the CL by way of court action in the respective countries..

Both "champions" of Belgium and France have done well enough in European Competition that they would qualify on the co-efficient criteria.

UEFA need to step in sooner rather than later.
I just hope we haven't handed our enemies the perfect get out with this proposal Bknowe, again it's all ifs & buts as is so much the now in Scottish football, if this is a plan by the board to put forward a proposal to fail & it goes against us & gets voted/forced through we are very unlikely to get any chance of change at the spfl.

Developing them at what cost lining all these teams pocket of 15 k for away games just in tickets.

added over the season we could buy a couple of good guys.

That is on the basis that no fans buy the tickets from the club. I would think we would easily shift 200 tickets for the away games therefore it doesnt cost the club apart from the membership fee and it gives our youth a better chance to develop under our own coaches. I like the proposal, the split is much better than the present scenario also.

I just hope we haven't handed our enemies the perfect get out with this proposal Bknowe, again it's all ifs & buts as is so much the now in Scottish football, if this is a plan by the board to put forward a proposal to fail & it goes against us & gets voted/forced through we are very unlikely to get any chance of change at the spfl.

The only reason this has come to light is because it came from us.

Given that 6 diddy clubs and I mean diddy clubs effectively relegated Hearts without any of the Premier Clubs having to say a word will see the same conditions attached to this. If it doesn't get past Leagues 1 & 2 then it fails.

My opinion is that UEFA need to get involved because of court action in bigger leagues that ours, and we are waiting on them making a definitive decision on whether countries who called their leagues early will have their "champions" admitted to the CL (regardless of points differentials).

Leagues across Europe and in particular Spain & Italy who had a hellish time with Covid 19 are looking to complete their seasons. Aberdeen have allegedly been told they are playing in Europe in lieu of Scottish Cup place, but the SC is still to be played. So unless Celtic win with SC, then Aberdeen are on to plums. Lets not forget we are still in the Europa League as well.

There are so many variables still to be decided and I think the reaction of most fans is disappointment that we aren't going in Arnie style and blowing the SPFL cabal out of the water. I wanted the club to do that but given what's gone on, there are too many clubs still willing to back the Cabal. The corruption we have seen has been played out in public and people have said - meh.

When did you ever think you'd see the day where Celtic and their fans would become Neil Doncaster & the SPFL's fan club :eek:

As I said to @Harrogate Bluenose earlier, theres more than one way to skin a cat.

The only reason this has come to light is because it came from us.

Given that 6 diddy clubs and I mean diddy clubs effectively relegated Hearts without any of the Premier Clubs having to say a word will see the same conditions attached to this. If it doesn't get past Leagues 1 & 2 then it fails.

My opinion is that UEFA need to get involved because of court action in bigger leagues that ours, and we are waiting on them making a definitive decision on whether countries who called their leagues early will have their "champions" admitted to the CL (regardless of points differentials).

Leagues across Europe and in particular Spain & Italy who had a hellish time with Covid 19 are looking to complete their seasons. Aberdeen have allegedly been told they are playing in Europe in lieu of Scottish Cup place, but the SC is still to be played. So unless Celtic win with SC, then Aberdeen are on to plums. Lets not forget we are still in the Europa League as well.

There are so many variables still to be decided and I think the reaction of most fans is disappointment that we aren't going in Arnie style and blowing the SPFL cabal out of the water. I wanted the club to do that but given what's gone on, there are too many clubs still willing to back the Cabal. The corruption we have seen has been played out in public and people have said - meh.

When did you ever think you'd see the day where Celtic and their fans would become Neil Doncaster & the SPFL's fan club :eek:

As I said to @Harrogate Bluenose earlier, theres more than one way to skin a cat.
I just hope your right & I'm proven wrong I'd love to be wrong in this case & we get rid of them running & ruining our game, I just get a horrible feeling were all going to be left disappointed after all this is done & after all the fuss our board made of the situation especially about the status quo not continuing, anyway enough moaning & groaning from me the now hopefully theres better news in the pipeline & we get the result we all desire.

I just hope your right & I'm proven wrong I'd love to be wrong in this case & we get rid of them running & ruining our game, I just get a horrible feeling were all going to be left disappointed after all this is done & after all the fuss our board made of the situation especially about the status quo not continuing, anyway enough moaning & groaning from me the now hopefully theres better news in the pipeline & we get the result we all desire.

Remember we didn't bring the dossier to club's eyes to stop the filth being awarded the league. That was always going to happen. We did it to try and remove the scum from the top of the SPFL. They said "meh" when it came to a vote but more clubs backed us than we expected.

However, at the time of the corrupt Easter vote, as it was the only thing to talk about and it was fast moving in the beginning, where clubs were putting out statement's daily. Now things have slowed down quite a bit and we haven't put out a statement in a number of weeks, a lot of fans see this as us "surrendering".

In reality the fight going on in the SPFL right now is not ours with regards to Hearts clawing to stay in the SPFL.

To everybody who are bashing the board, remember this. The SPFL/Celtic NEED the new season to kick off on time (1st Aug) was the date mentioned. Shameless FC are so desperate that they want the fixtures released ASAP, after the article the other day.

As long as there's a "reconstruction plan" on the table, then what Shameless FC want can't happen.

We're offering a bribe to obtain that majority.
Given the quality of leadership in clubs involved it doesn't give me confidence that the majority would continue in other votes.
Our board have used the usual soundbites to sell season tickets then kick us squarely in the teeth.

After everything the SPFL / SFA / Other clubs have put our club through in the last 8 years why, just why, are we trying to solve everyone else’s problems ? I don’t get it.
I honestly don’t think the club are trying to solve everyone’s problems.Think all the clubs were asked for proposals. Rangers submitted the colts idea.Only down side is the monsters name was mentioned with it.

For the folk wanting Rangers to burn the place down and feel let down by these proposals, stop and think. We need somewhere to play football and unfortunately it’s Scotland atm. We are showing leadership something that the sfpl board have been unable to show for years.
We are not helping them out we are making them look weak and clueless.​

For the folk wanting Rangers to burn the place down and feel let down by these proposals, stop and think. We need somewhere to play football and unfortunately it’s Scotland atm. We are showing leadership something that the sfpl board have been unable to show for years.​

Leading through innovation and solutions. It really shows the SPFL up as mugs. Will be painful for a lot of clubs as well, purely because it is a good idea and we came up with it.

Also would generate cash, the youth setup would pay for itself with ticket sales and sponsorships.

Last edited:
For the folk wanting Rangers to burn the place down and feel let down by these proposals, stop and think. We need somewhere to play football and unfortunately it’s Scotland atm. We are showing leadership something that the sfpl board have been unable to show for years.​
They actually don’t care if they look weak and clueless. All they care about is clocking up more titles and without change this will happen year after year.

I don’t want us to play football in that environment. We need a fair contest. So for me it’s time to bring the SPFL down, we will never get a better chance.

Would our home games be played at Ibrox ? Playing a another full card of games on the pitch is just not going to happen it would fall apart.

Back